forum

[web] Can't change thread page when searching with spaces [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timekiller
1) Enter search string using space, like "test build"
2) Click on any link that follows "Topic:", like "osu!stream Discussion", for a topic that has more than 1 page
3) Pages won't change when you click on their number. Moreso, "hilit" parameter of url becomes weirder and weirder each time you try to change the page.

Easily fixed by adding "?" symbol before parameter string, like
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58884/?hilit= ... d&start=45
instead of
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58884/hilit=t ... d&start=45
MillhioreF
SPOILER
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58884/hilit=test%2Bbuild%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bamp%3Bstart%3D15%26amp%3Bstart%3D45&start=30
wow, that's... pretty bad D: confirming
My1_old
just fix it ppy that would be nic3
deadbeat
thats been around for a while i think. i think its cause the search is towards that page. you can fix this buy clicking on the thread topic name.
example
p/1785214/hilit=filter takes you to Index » osu! » Feature Requests » Allow to use different Approach Rates in map
clicking on Allow to use different Approach Rates in map takes you to
t/47941/start=0 and then you can swap pages again.
its kinda a round about way. but it does work. hope you can understand that x.x
Topic Starter
Timekiller
Well, but it cancels the search highlighting. Kind of defeating the purpose :3
...Or so I would like say, but it just hit me that highlighting does not work at all.
peppy
This should now be resolved :).
Topic Starter
Timekiller
Nope :D
t/76914?hilit=test+build
Page switcher links are still t/76914/hilit=test+build&start=15 , not t/76914?hilit=test+build&start=15 , so it's still the same problem :3

Also, is highlighting not supposed to work? span class="posthilit" is present on page, but it seems there's no css entry for it.
Topic Starter
Timekiller
The issue is still NOT resolved, fyi. Why would you move the topic?
peppy
I believe the issue was resolved because while your link above doesn't work, it is not longer possible to create such a malformed URL. If it is, please provide a link to the search page, rather than the resulting linked page.
Topic Starter
Timekiller
Topic Starter
Timekiller
Oh, come on, it's moved again?
MillhioreF
Ah yes, confirming; it's almost fixed, but not quite!

t/67679?hilit=bug+remains
t/67679/hilit=bug+remains&start=15

Note how the ? after the topic number changes to a / when you change the page. This one character is doing all the breaking...
peppy
Being moved isn't an issue (was automated); I still follow threads in this forum.
MillhioreF
This issue seems to have returned (see t/108560/)
Topic Starter
Timekiller

MillhioreF wrote:

This issue seems to have returned (see t/108560/)
I believe it was never actually fixed completely. Yet the topic was already moved to 'resolved' twice, so I just stopped bumping it :| I value my account too much to provoke dev staff with my grumbling :3
MillhioreF
I wasn't able to move it out of completed requests back then, either... but now I am! Let's see if we can get this fixed for good.
peppy
As the search highlighting wasn't even working, I have removed this from the URLs provided in search. It should also fix this issue.
TheVileOne
This still happens. It is not resolved.
peppy
Please provide the exact case it still fails. I can't replicate.
TheVileOne
show more