forum

[resolved] Can't Upload Beatmap because "It's Not Mine"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
Problem Details:
So long story short, I asked a person named Fresh Chicken if I could map the song that he made a chart for osumania! and he said sure, and if I could use the same background as him and tags. So, (I think I did this I can't completely remember, I worked on this for a while) I copied and pasted his folder and just started fresh from the file. osumania! to osu!
Also I would like to make this into a group project for other mappers, if you are interested in making a difficulty message me or wait for the forum post ay lmao

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
VeilStar
t/325639

VeilStar wrote:

• If it won't let you submit your own beatmap as it says that you don't own the map then do the following;

1. Go to the mapset's folder. You can get there easily by going to 'File' -> 'Open Song Folder' in the editor.
  2. Leave the editor (or close osu!) to make sure the changes apply properly.
  3. Open the .osu difficulty files with any text editor. (Such as Wordpad or Notepad.)
  4. Enter your name as creator. (If your name has spaces, these should actually be spaces in here.)
  5. Set the BeatmapID to 0.
  6. Set the BeatmapSetID to -1.
  7. Make sure the beatmap folder name aswell as the .mp3 file does not start with a string of numbers.
  8. If you're still having issues export the beatmap and delete it from osu! (and make sure the game recognised that it's deleted). Then rename the exported beatmap from name.osz to name.zip (you will need known file extensions to be visible from the windows folder options to do this) and apply the changes mentioned in the previous steps. Once you're done and you updated the .zip file with your changes, rename it back to .osz and import it into osu!.
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
I tried everything you said on the bottom and I even tried making a whole new map but with copying everything in the notepad and pasting it back (with the 0 and -1 ID thing) and it just resets back to the origional ID numbers, even when deleting the original folder and making a new one.
Sparky Sama

ViolentBoo wrote:

I tried everything you said on the bottom and I even tried making a whole new map but with copying everything in the notepad and pasting it back (with the 0 and -1 ID thing) and it just resets back to the origional ID numbers, even when deleting the original folder and making a new one.
I seem to have the same problem when uploading my map. I edit the values to 0 and -1 and it just reverts back to the original values when I try and upload my map.
Trosk-
Did you check this part? You wouldn't be the first person who didn't check it.

Make sure the beatmap folder name aswell as the .mp3 file does not start with a string of numbers.
If you think you checked everything that VS said above, export the beatmap, upload it somewhere and post it here. I'll try to fix it for you.
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
I actually fixed the issue, and that wasn't the problem either, there wasn't a string of numbers. What I did was I restarted the whole thing by getting a new audio file, (youtube to mp3) and trying to sync the old audio file with the new one as close as possible. Then I dragged the mp3 into osu, worked fine. Then I copied and pasted the difficulty section in the notepad to the new one and everything worked! Was pretty tedious though.

Here's the map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/454750 :DDDD
Bakanowa
sorry to wake up this forum but,

ViolentBoo wrote:

I actually fixed the issue, and that wasn't the problem either, there wasn't a string of numbers. What I did was I restarted the whole thing by getting a new audio file, (youtube to mp3) and trying to sync the old audio file with the new one as close as possible. Then I dragged the mp3 into osu, worked fine. Then I copied and pasted the difficulty section in the notepad to the new one and everything worked! Was pretty tedious though.

Here's the map: s/454750 :DDDD
How exacly did you do this?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Bakanowa wrote:

sorry to wake up this forum but,

ViolentBoo wrote:

Here's the map: s/454750 :DDDD
How exacly did you do this?
If you're having issues, please read this post instead and ignore whatever he is saying community/forums/topics/325639

Please make a new thread instead of bumping old resolved ones next time please.