forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shojhi
Well, then my plan wouldn't work well with these three individual-spinning spinners, since I'm using a static picture and not a pattern-like one, I guess. A simple spinner should do the job for now. Thanks for the help!

I also finished the hitbursts today, the hit300-images are 102x211 large (height x width). They're fitting nicely and they shouldn't be larger than the hitburts that the template provides, but I would like to make sure, are they too large for regular play?
OsuMe65

Shojhi wrote:

I also finished the hitbursts today, the hit300-images are 102x211 large (height x width). They're fitting nicely and they shouldn't be larger than the hitburts that the template provides, but I would like to make sure, are they too large for regular play?
that depends on how you see your hitbursts during play.
well, as for the size... it should work well since it is smaller than the default's 256x256
Garygoh884
Mistake, during gameplay, the approach circle lies below spinner-middle2, using my own older skin elements I made.
zNote
Awsome, i'm going to make a beatmap now :)
OsuMe65

Garygoh884 wrote:

Mistake, during gameplay, the approach circle lies below spinner-middle2, using my own older skin elements I made.
my bad, my bad
my eyes had gone bad after the summer heat...
Shojhi

OsuMe65 wrote:

that depends on how you see your hitbursts during play.
well, as for the size... it should work well since it is smaller than the default's 256x256
Oh, I see.
Thank you very much for helping out, everyone. I would like to ask again if I got any questions in the future. :)
csocsi96
who is she?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Fate Testarossa from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series.
csocsi96
Thanks *.*
3GidiZ
Hello, I'm in the middle of skin creation and am now working on menu-background and a question popped as I don't know how to solve it since i'm not a supporter yet. Picture size is 1366x768. I read that picture will be cut from left side at lower width resolutions. Will bottom of the picture will also be cut or will it be shrunk first and then cut?
TouchFluffyTail

3GidiZ wrote:

Hello, I'm in the middle of skin creation and am now working on menu-background and a question popped as I don't know how to solve it since i'm not a supporter yet. Picture size is 1366x768. I read that picture will be cut from left side at lower width resolutions. Will bottom of the picture will also be cut or will it be shrunk first and then cut?
1366x768 is a 16:9 resolution, if you are using a 16:10 5:4 or 4:3 resolution the background image will be fit to the resolution vertically then cropped on the sides to fit the ratio.
3GidiZ

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

3GidiZ wrote:

1366x768 is a 16:9 resolution, if you are using a 16:10 5:4 or 4:3 resolution the background image will be fit to the resolution vertically then cropped on the sides to fit the ratio.
Got it. Thanks for the quick answer! ^^
Tenza
How do you change the hitsounds on a skin? The skin I'm using does not have any hitsound files like normal-hitclap or so forth. I downloaded a hitsound I liked and put it in but it doesn't make any sound when I play in osu? Yes I reloaded the client and also have the option for using the skins hitsounds enabled.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Tenza wrote:

How do you change the hitsounds on a skin? The skin I'm using does not have any hitsound files like normal-hitclap or so forth. I downloaded a hitsound I liked and put it in but it doesn't make any sound when I play in osu? Yes I reloaded the client and also have the option for using the skins hitsounds enabled.
Try also different maps, sometimes maps have forced sounds.
Nines
Is it possible to do animated lighting? or to have two lighting png's go off at the same time?
TouchFluffyTail

Tsuchimikado wrote:

Is it possible to do animated lighting? or to have two lighting png's go off at the same time?
I just tested to make sure, and you can't animate lighting. It's possible to animate the judgement hits themselves though.

t/114983
Ayesha Altugle
Wait!

There is new skin elements I coluld release
sadly for supporters only

menu-button-back - size is573 x89
menu-button-edit - size is 575x89
menu-button-exit - size is 573x89
menu-button-freeplay- size is 573x89
menu-button-multiplayer- size is 579x89
menu-button-options- size is 578x89
menu-button-play- size is 565x89

over

menu-button-back-over - size is 583x89
menu-button-edit-over - size is 583x89
menu-button-exit-over - size is 583x89
menu-button-freeplay-over - size is 583x89
menu-button-multiplayer-over- size is 583x89
menu-button-options-over - size is 583x89
menu-button-play-over- size is 565x99

format is png

Edit: used the test build to test these elements
decoy11
I want to make a accurate PRO skin for myself and i can't find any info on hitboxes for circles and cursors. Can anyone tell me what they are.

I see a lot of different pixel sizes and shapes for cursors too. Is the hitbox the cursor.png file or is it a separate entity?

I also see people making squares instead of circles for skins. Do the corners of those squares act also as part of the hitbox?

edit: did some testing i think the cursor is a single pixel and circles are 1-3 pixels off from 124x124
OsuMe65
@vahn10: skinning the cookie (logo) is strictly prohibited, you know

------------------------------------

anyway, if those are supporter only skinnables, let's wait for a supporter's response for further information/confirmation....
TouchFluffyTail

decoy11 wrote:

I want to make a accurate PRO skin for myself and i can't find any info on hitboxes for circles and cursors. Can anyone tell me what they are.

I see a lot of different pixel sizes and shapes for cursors too. Is the hitbox the cursor.png file or is it a separate entity?

I also see people making squares instead of circles for skins. Do the corners of those squares act also as part of the hitbox?
I'm not sure what the actual hitbox on circles is, I've been meaning to ask peppy/test this out myself, but in the meantime the actual hitboxes on cursors and circles are defined by the game, not the graphic. That would be silly.

OsuMe65 wrote:

anyway, if those are supporter only skinnables, let's wait for a supporter's response for further information/confirmation....
Those are all actual skin elements, but they are not skinnable. They're all part of the base menu system which is entirely locked out from being skinned.
Ayesha Altugle

OsuMe65 wrote:

you can see it when you finished watching failed replay

file name: menu-osu.png
dimensions: 520x520 pixels

and this one can be put to your skin folder

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Those are all actual skin elements, but they are not skinnable. They're all part of the base menu system which is entirely locked out from being skinned.
please use the test build and skin one of them
TouchFluffyTail

vahn10 wrote:

peppy locked out all the menu skin elements from the main client for good back when the default skin was updated. These things work in the test client but... who cares about skinning menu items only for the test client. Don't bother using these elements.

Ayesha Altugle

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

peppy locked out all the menu skin elements from the main client for good back when the default skin was updated. These things work in the test client but... who cares about skinning menu items only for the test client. Don't bother using these elements.

off topic:
When I got supporter Tag, I will try to look for more elements

on topic: did you recolor those menu Icons like Play?
TouchFluffyTail
You can't skin these things outside the test build so why try to find them? (I already have a list of all of them by the way) Them even working in the test build anyway I assume is just an oversight.
OsuMe65
test build skinnables = test build only
using them is totally bullsh*t because:

1. destroy's new default's beauty (not quite important)
  2. those elements are space bloaters
  3. those elements are not necessary in anyway...
(@King of Thread Locking: leave something here... if you have any additions ;))
Garygoh884
Here's my breakdown of skinning levels.

-Level 1-
Prefer old version skinning
skin.ini (skin name and author)
Hit Circles (base, overlay, approach circle)
Font Numbers (default and score by basic)
Spinners (all old version parts)
Cursor (all parts)

-Level 2-
Ranking Letters (all, including small)
Countdowns (images and audio)
Skip Button
Section Judging (images and audio)

-Level 3-
Hitbursts (all)
Ranking Screen (panel)
Pause and Fail Screen (all parts)
Back Button
skin.ini (custom color set)

-Level 4-
Song Selection Buttons (all buttons)
Menu Button Background
Sliders (ticks, reverses, score points)
Playfield

-Level 5-
Follow Points (animated or non-animated)
Ranking Screen (all other graphics including winner panel)
Unranked Graphic
Slider Balls (animated or non-animated)
Warning Arrows

-Level 6-
Modifier Icons (all osu! based)
Difficulty Stars
Effect Stars
Combo Bursts (single or multiple)
Hit Circle Select (in editor)

-Level 7-
Sounds (combobursts, failing, select, back)
Score Bar (all)
skin.ini (all other options)

-Level 8-
Taiko (notes, drumrolls, sliders, pass or fail)
Catch the Beat (all fruit images)

-Level 9-
osu!mania (notes, hold notes, judgements)

-Level 10-
osu!mania (hit judgements)
o!m .ini's (lane sizes and playfield position)

-Level 11-
osu!mania (all other images)
Taiko Mascot (all animations)
CtB Catcher
Game Mode Icons (all sizes)

-Level 12-
Key Input Tab (all)
Scalable Buttons (all)
Tabs

-Level 13-
Use new style skinning
Spinners (all new version parts)
Particles (all)
Topic Starter
MLGnom
And what are these levels are supposed to tell us?
OsuMe65
i don't think "skinning levels" would denote the skin's content... or the skinner type :|
just saying because gary didn't specify any
(brb bringing back the correct thread icon)
Garygoh884
The 'levels' are the steps which the skinner may make into a successful skin. For example, the brand new skin begins with no images, and bit by bit, the sprites or images will be made into this library. So this is the progression of how a basic skinner learns to make it successful.
decoy11
Is there a way to change the thickness of the slider overlays?
I want to try and match it to my hitcircleoverlay.png thickness
TouchFluffyTail

decoy11 wrote:

Is there a way to change the thickness of the slider overlays?
I want to try and match it to my hitcircleoverlay.png thickness
There isn't. The only slider adjustments you can make are border color, track color override, and the track style.
Luna
You could just edit the hitcircleoverly.png to match the slider border's thickness.
decoy11
I don't want to do that beacuse the hitbox is bigger then the default hitcircleoverly.png.you can actually click a few pixels outside from the default hitcircleoverly.png
OsuMe65
you must adjust your hitcircle since there's no code for sliderborder adjustment
Renden_old
I have a problem with the hitcircles i make. This is what happens on the sliders......please help

pic related

Topic Starter
MLGnom
Ummm... That yellow thing with red dots is supposed to be hitcircle yes? And it's out of place? Now the question. Are you trying to make it in HD? ("hitcircle@2x.png").

Anyway please provide that hitcircle so I can test if it is broken for me too. (If you don't want to distribute it here, send me it via PM)

Edit : Resolved.

Hitcircle had too large canvas size. Remember guys standard hitcircle should be 128x128. Otherwise it will mess up on sliders.
Plainside
Is it possible to chance the falling fruits in CTB? if so could some one tell me where to find these files
deadbeat
  1. fruit-apple.png
  2. fruit-apple-overlay.png
  3. fruit-banana.png
  4. fruit-banana-overlay.png
  5. fruit-drop.png
  6. fruit-drop-overlay.png
  7. fruit-grape.png
  8. fruit-grape-overlay.png
  9. fruit-orange.png
  10. fruit-orange-overlay.png
  11. fruit-pear.png
  12. fruit-pear-overlay.png
  13. fruit-ryuuta.png
i think that's all of them
Plainside
Thanks Deadbeat is there also a way to not color them cause I want them plain grey but osu colors them :l
deadbeat
i'll have to let someone else answer that one sorry, just packed up laptop so can't do any checking :<
Plainside
Ahh damn well I hope it is possible :D
TouchFluffyTail
If you make the fruit-overlay a solid color osu can't colorize them. I just did a quick test to see if grey worked and it seems to, so just make your fruits use solid overlays.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Woohoo... I have made progress with updating thread. Points 1,2,3 are finished (still, I will add/change things there over time, but generally it should stay same as it is now).
Nathanael
What was the filename for the ranking screen background? I forgot it.. =.=
TouchFluffyTail
Didn't it use your playfield.png? Atleast that's how I remember it doing it. I think that functionality got removed completely when the ranking screen got updated to show the song diff BG on the background.

You can always just override that by making a 1366x768 (2732x1536@2x) ranking-panel.png and covering the entire screenspace.
Ideolo
My skin's play warning arrow is displaying in a blue color, and it still does this even with different arrows and skins.

The arrow was meant to look like this:
Rei Hakurei
well for now the play-warningarrow will be tinted with blue on pause menu....
TouchFluffyTail
Yeah the warning arrow gets tinted blue on the pause menu and red during breaks. There's no real way to bypass it.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
You can always use "old skin behaviour"...
Nathanael

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Didn't it use your playfield.png? Atleast that's how I remember it doing it. I think that functionality got removed completely when the ranking screen got updated to show the song diff BG on the background.

You can always just override that by making a 1366x768 (2732x1536@2x) ranking-panel.png and covering the entire screenspace.
"playfield.png" doesn't work and I think that function wasn't yet removed.
I've seen a screenshot from a user before with the same backgrounds and with "ranking-panel.png". I can't remember who's that.. =.=
Topic Starter
MLGnom
That person could just skin ranking-panel to cover whole ranking screen.

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

^
If you are using 16:9 resolution.
Nathanael
Then the circle-rotating thingy near the rank letter isn't visible anymore. [ the panel was over it ]
And its already movable [ well since its the panel ]
Topic Starter
MLGnom
So you saw this on screenshot...
It was new one made after new default skin update. Or before?
Also it was old beatmap without background or new one but with deleted bg? (Not sure if it will work if you delete background from newer beatmap).
Nathanael
I'm not sure if its before or after but I think that user uses the skin before the update.
I always see that the user always has a Black Rock Shooter background on his ranking results. [ Not by replacing the real background ]
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Right now I'm at work so I'm unable to test if playfield will work when beatmap background is be deleted. (Probably will be only black screen, but I'm not sure about that.)
Will test this one after work. (Or if someone will do that before me).
OsuMe65

Nathanael wrote:

What was the filename for the ranking screen background? I forgot it.. =.=
ranking-panel.png

Nathanael wrote:

I'm not sure if its before or after but I think that user uses the skin before the update.
I always see that the user always has a Black Rock Shooter background on his ranking results. [ Not by replacing the real background ]
that is... Pizzicato
he uses an overridden raking-panel, like what TouchFluffyTail said

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

take note, old skin behavior covers up the entire screen. it's contrary is the new skin behavior

Nathanael wrote:

"playfield.png" doesn't work and I think that function wasn't yet removed.
playfield.png still has use. it usually appears on maps without BGs, if you can still remember it...
playfield came in the skinnable nation long time ago and still exists until now.

(EDIT) no need to test it. quite obvious and i already saw Pizzicato's screenshots a lot of times.
Ideolo

MLGnom wrote:

The arrow is still blue even after changing skin behaviours.
Edit: The arrow seems to be fine in-game but only changes color when in the pause/fail screen.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Ideolo wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

The arrow is still blue even after changing skin behaviours.
Ah, so it's now forced (or it was for a longer time?).
In this case you are unable to change that. :/

MLGnom wrote:

Right now I'm at work so I'm unable to test if playfield will work when beatmap background is be deleted. (Probably will be only black screen, but I'm not sure about that.)
Like I said it gives black screen. So these screenshots were made before update. Now you can only edit ranking-panel.png to cover ranking screen.
AskonNox

YuZuKi Kenny wrote:

I have a question.
How to make an *.ini file of my skin?
My English is poor. ;(
You can just create a textfile with notepad for example and change the extension.

like you make new textfile called: Skin.txt and just rename ist to Skin.ini

I also have a question. Are the skins downloadable which are shown in the ranking-panel section? i really want to know how they made the panel so far in the middle because on my skin and basically every other skin i saw, the position of the points doesnt change at all.

Edit: Nvm. I just saw your signature MLGnom. You sir are my hero :D
d1rtyJokes
Then , what RGB codes if i want transparent colour ?
TouchFluffyTail

Zharaff wrote:

For transparency you alter the alpha value. In an RGBA code it will be the fourth number. Quick example; 255,255,255,255 is solid white, 255,255,255,0 is totally invisible. Note that not all RGB parameters used by the game accept an alpha value.

Also It helps to specify what part your editing.
Ideolo
I believe the color changing started about 2-3 days ago.
It might just be my game though, and I could live with it. X3
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Ideolo wrote:

I believe the color changing started about 2-3 days ago.
Nah it was already for some time. Hell, I remember now that it was add together with new default skin.
Nathanael

OsuMe65 wrote:

that is... Pizzicato
he uses an overridden raking-panel, like what TouchFluffyTail said
Oh.. forgot it that he was.. =.=
I guess there is no more way to change the ranking background instead of overriding it.. 'orz

Deleting the background didn't work so I don't think there is really much use of "playfield.png" anymore..
d1rtyJokes

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Zharaff wrote:

For transparency you alter the alpha value. In an RGBA code it will be the fourth number. Quick example; 255,255,255,255 is solid white, 255,255,255,0 is totally invisible. Note that not all RGB parameters used by the game accept an alpha value.

Also It helps to specify what part your editing.
thanks sir , i very apreciate for your attention :)
[ Zan ]
How do I make it so that when my score bar gets low the screen doesn't start turning red?
Rei Hakurei

[ Zan ] wrote:

How do I make it so that when my score bar gets low the screen doesn't start turning red?
(out of topic) sounds like your shader effects turned on, try turning it off

well, just a safe-case question..
R-15 skin are allowed to be posted here ?
TouchFluffyTail

[ Zan ] wrote:

This is actually controlled by the 'Shader effects' tic box in the graphics options, if you turn it off your screen won't have any effects applied like the health drain or kiai start flash.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Rei Hakurei wrote:

Yes, as long as you correctly warn it as nsfw or something.

If I'm correct you can even post 18+ things but... let me find that thing in rules...
Ah there it is :

osu! rules wrote:

As this forum is visited by minors, no 18+ subject matter is allowed. As such, you are not to embed content that is not safe for work. All mature subject matter must be linked from an off-site source, must be clearly identified as "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work), and must have some value in being posted. Do not link inappropriate content for the sake of linking inappropriate content.
As long as you keep it as off-site source (especially screenshots) and of course add warning it should be fine.
deadbeat

MLGnom wrote:

Rei Hakurei wrote:

Yes, as long as you correctly warn it as nsfw or something.

If I'm correct you can even post 18+ things but... let me find that thing in rules...
Ah there it is :

osu! rules wrote:

As this forum is visited by minors, no 18+ subject matter is allowed. As such, you are not to embed content that is not safe for work. All mature subject matter must be linked from an off-site source, must be clearly identified as "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work), and must have some value in being posted. Do not link inappropriate content for the sake of linking inappropriate content.
As long as you keep it as off-site source (especially screenshots) and of course add warning it should be fine.
i'll need to check up on it. hopefully it's nothing overly bad though ._.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Thanks, I'm not sure myself about this matter. No one ever posted 18+ skin so it never was a case (only ecchi skins but these didn't contain nudity).
Garygoh884
There's another skinning element called masking-border.png. These are used to cover the sides for 4:3 resolution storyboards. On the left it's original, but on the right the element is flipped horizontally.

So my plan is: if we have two different sprite names masking-border-left.png and masking-border-right.png, it uses two different border images separately without flipping any of these sprites. Agree?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Isn't that a beatmap only option? And it's a storyboard option not skinning? D:
Ayesha Altugle

Garygoh884 wrote:

There's another skinning element called masking-border.png. These are used to cover the sides for 4:3 resolution storyboards. On the left it's original, but on the right the element is flipped horizontally.

So my plan is: if we have two different sprite names masking-border-left.png and masking-border-right.png, it uses two different border images separately without flipping any of these sprites. Agree?
It's size is : 193x768 pixels
OsuMe65
and yet, a useless skinnable
only a big plus if used correctly
Nathanael
Some contents were removed.

MLGnom, you haven't included selection-mod-random.png which is only for mania.
OsuMe65

Nathanael wrote:

Oh and by the way. MLGnom, you haven't included selection-mod-random.png which is only for mania.
Dimensions:
selection-mod-random.png = same as true with other mods

^ this one
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Nathanael wrote:

At osu!test, there is a skinnable element named ranking-background-overlay.png
Don't test elements in osu!test. They are working a little differently and as you said it doesn't work in public. You only misleading other. :<
Nathanael
I've just encounted it. Anyway I apologize for that. *clears my post*
Saturnalize
Someone can explain why circle at normal and slider has a kinda different opacity?

Or was it me?
TouchFluffyTail

Loli Cjj wrote:

Someone can explain why circle at normal and slider has a kinda different opacity?

Or was it me?
I don't think they do, it's just slider style 3 combined with that slider color shows more through your circle than the background of the non slider circle.
Jackyyy

Loli Cjj wrote:

Or was it me?
Your are probably on the beat of the circle in editor and the slider starts at a later time. Notes will gradually fade out when they get further away from the point you are in the song for editor.
Don't know the name of this 'point in song' cause I can't map ;(
Hopefully you understood my bad explanation.
Ayesha Altugle
some important advice for HD Skinners:

1. Double the Resolution of standard elements
2. Create That Element Using Bigger Images
3. Save that Element to (Filename)@2x.png
4. After you save that element, divide the HD resolution eg. 1332/2=666
5. Save it as (Filename).png
6. You have SD & HD Element Skinned
AhiiroN
Hi guuuys,

i made a skin and now ranking-graph looks terrible.

check it here - how to fix it? i want to get rid ofthis box complete

Jackyyy
If you want to remove it completely, replace the 'ranking-graph.png' with an empty/full transparent image.
or
If they box is part of the 'ranking-panel.png', use some sort of software that supports transparency (Gimp, Photoshop etc.) and just erase it.
AhiiroN

Jackyyy wrote:

If you want to remove it completely, replace the 'ranking-graph.png' with an empty/full transparent image.
or
If they box is part of the 'ranking-panel.png', use some sort of software that supports transparency (Gimp, Photoshop etc.) and just erase it.

Thank you worked well :)
OsuMe65

vahn10 wrote:

peppy (or someone else) gave that advice before you did.
Nathanael

OsuMe65 wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

peppy (or someone else) gave that advice before you did.
It would be good to include that at the first post so other skinners can save time on making their skins..
Saturnalize

Jackyyy wrote:

Loli Cjj wrote:

Or was it me?
Your are probably on the beat of the circle in editor and the slider starts at a later time. Notes will gradually fade out when they get further away from the point you are in the song for editor.
Don't know the name of this 'point in song' cause I can't map ;(
Hopefully you understood my bad explanation.
fyi the slider is on play so I believe it should be on 100%
Also hitcircle.png intended to be a bit transparent, I only curious about that overlay.
cloudofrain
Hey guys, I need help. I downloaded this image to create a comboburst, it had a grey background and I followed the steps in the tutorial to make the background transparent. I saved it as .png. In game it looks like this:
What am I doing wrong ?

Edit: Ok i could fix it by coloring the background white first and then removing it. You have to select the color that will be made transparent and it is white by default in gimp. Since i couldnt figure out how to change it to the exact grey i have i could do it this way.
Rei Hakurei
well sounds like the original image's deleted part didn't fully deleted, like 50% transparency left behind
Topic Starter
MLGnom
So it wasn't white as you can see.
1. Use colour picker tool to select background colour : (with this you will see that background colour wasn't white (#FFFFFF) )

2. Now open that picked colour and copy it's HTML notatnion :

3. Select mask of character and open "Colour to alpha" and change colour by clicking on bar and pasting previously copied HTML colour notation.

Well these combobursts tutorials still need upgrade. ^^;
aliciasimoned
I want to make a skin. i am new at this. The skin i am planning on doing is a Rozen Maiden skin. What do i do, how do i do it, what tools should i use?
deadbeat
try, photoshop, GIMP or Paint.net
Hakito
Did you guys figure this out by now?
I am too tired to go through all the comments just to see if you did.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
So... you are trying to put animated one and normal one together?

Because I can't tell anything else just from screenshot without explanation. :/
OsuMe65

Hakito wrote:

Did you guys figure this out by now?
I am too tired to go through all the comments just to see if you did.
different hitcircle overlay appears in a different combo string

like:
hitcircleoverlay.png = 1st combo string
hitcircleoverlay-0.png = 2nd combo string

will try it at school
quaternary

Loli Cjj wrote:

Or was it me?
Is your hitcircleoverlay partially transparent?

osu! has a bug where the hitcircleoverlay is drawn twice on the head of a slider, making it less transparent.

The only thing you can do about it is make your hitcircleoverlay opaque, sorry :(
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Okay, tested it and have some kind of conclusion.

Hitcircleoverlay were supposed to be animated.
Now is kinda funny to use. If you use hitcircleoverlay-0.png together with normal hitcircleoverlay.png then hitcircle will use only animated version. However Slider is using both, but beginning is additionally covered by "animation".
This way you can kinda create hitcircle that have different beginning and ending of slider. ;D

Hakito

MLGnom wrote:

So... you are trying to put animated one and normal one together?

Because I can't tell anything else just from screenshot without explanation. :/
hitcircleoverlay.png applies only to sliders.
hitcircleoverlay-0.png applies only to hitcircles.

This way sliders and hitcircles have different sprites.

Edit:

MLGnom wrote:

Okay, tested it and have some kind of conclusion.

Hitcircleoverlay were supposed to be animated.
Now is kinda funny to use. If you use hitcircleoverlay-0.png together with normal hitcircleoverlay.png then hitcircle will use only animated version. However Slider is using both, but beginning is additionally covered by "animation".
This way you can kinda create hitcircle that have different beginning and ending of slider. ;D

I don't even...

Edit2:
Anyway... I am gonna take that as a "No we didn't know about that", and move on.
show more