forum

Taiko World Cup #3 (Concluded - Taiwan wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makar
After communicating with both teams, there will be no change. Indonesia failed to send in their times originally, and now they are unable to give times that Canada can also work with (was talking with them for a while last night), so the current scheduled time will be forced and no other changes will be made due to short notice.

This is what happens when you fail to send in times, I suppose.
Backfire

Makar wrote:

This is what happens when you fail to send in times, I suppose.
Way to be a fairy.

Flandre XKarlet wrote:

I think our team has to surrender, since our schedule possibilites are nearing zero. I still have 13 UTC Sunday in mind, but that Ghassan/I have exams/try-outs on (more like "from") Monday... can't force it.

Have fun, teams.
It's a shame, you guys know i'm your biggest supporter. I was really excited for you to play against them again and hopefully win this time :(
Yowane _ Haku
Hello
We don't have any people can play the game in the 23:00(+8)
Shall we change the game time,OK?
Beacuse at the Monday , we should go to school or go to work
Our team captian is PMed to Loctav but don't have the back massge
So must say this, at there
thank you
CHINA B
@Big and Busty, @Wolfjkeee, @Shandro, @Ch1ka, @Loctav
Cyclohexane
Now this is podracing.

I wish the entire staff was on winter break so schedule changes wouldn't actually matter at all
Acrith
At least those three matches today seems to be fine...
yuan0312
Hello
We don't have any people can play the game in the 23:00(+8)
Shall we change the game time,OK?
Beacuse at the Monday , we should go to school or go to work
Our team captian is PMed to Loctav but don't have the back massge
So must say this, at there
thank you
CHINA B
@Big and Busty, @Wolfjkeee, @Shandro, @Ch1ka, @Loctav
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystalloid
abt the match time of ChinaB and Russia. The captain of ChinaB asked me to tell u some difficulties they have met.
11p.m is very late for chinese student especially for high school students, cuz they are mainly focusing on their study other than the game.
So it is really hard for ppl to have a match in such a time. yuan0312 told me they have informed u abt the match time and u guys told him
it is imposible to change it 4 hours after u guys determind. Actually, as i know, when u pm'd ChinaB Captain
was around 3a.m for him. Thats impossible for him to reply at that moment.
IMO, thats quite unfair to ChinaB. hope u guys can solve this as soon as possible.
Makar
Loctav will have to handle the Russia vs China B problem, since I don't know the times you gave and I don't know the discussions or reasoning behind why it is impossible, but it is probably because it doesn't match up with a time Russia gave, I am assuming.
Big and Busty

Loctav wrote:

Greetings.

This week, it's my task to take over the scheduling.
Pay attention to following instructions:
  1. Hand in your preferred times. Please also add the time zones you are living in. Hand in your times in UTC+-0 format
  2. Also hand in a time where you can not gather 3 players at once. We actually don't care, if you can't get your "best setup". We only care that you will have 3 players of your roster. We also don't care, if you PREFER evenings. You can only exclude 5 hours of a day
  3. Please hand in times for Saturday (2. March) and Sunday (3. March). Saturday/Sunday ends, when they end on UTC. (So a Sunday time, which reaches into Monday in UTC time zone, is invalid).
  4. Please prepare to be scheduled possibly on both days. You can't exclude Saturday/Sunday. You have to have time to spare on both days.
  5. Please mark one day as preferred. Always consider, that even if you PREFERRED a day, that you might not be scheduled on this one.
  6. Your preferred times must be in a window of at least 3 hours. (e.g. 14-16 UTC) Anything tinier can't be considered.
  7. Knock-Out Stage forbids 2v2. You must have 3 players available, no matter what.
  8. Exceptions are excluded. If you can't play this weekend (with 3 players!), you lose by default.
Also, I repeat it once again: Even if you preferred a specific time, you might not get it.
We will try to not schedule you at night/morning. (defined as: midnight 0.00 till midday 12.00 of your timezone).

You have time to hand in your times till 27th Feb 2013, 16.00 UTC (sharp deadline)
If you fail to hand in your data in time, your team will be considered as "completely available on Saturday AND Sunday". Tho you will be scheduled freely on own behalf.

As sooner you hand in your times, as more we can guarantee to fulfill your wishes. First comes, first serves.

The schedule will be released after the sharp deadline ended. You will have 24 hours to object the scheduled time. You need a valid reason for that. When objecting, you can not move your day, only the hour (by preponing/postponing). Also please ask your opponent's captain before objecting your scheduled time (so he's aware that the time will be changed) - this fastens the whole process of possible rearrangements.

Regards,
Loctav.
Yowane _ Haku
Knock-Out Stage forbids 2v2. You must have 3 players available, no matter what.
Oh i see that
and what abt next week
Topic Starter
Loctav
1.) No postponing
2.) China never handed in times.
3.) Russia DID hand in times, so I followed these
4.) You missed the deadline for objections

-> No change.
If you don't show up with 3 players at the match's time, Russia wins by default.
Acrith
Oh god, so much fun commentating with Mr. Color, really. That's why I want to work here! :3

Anyways, cause I lack time, I'll put here all three mp links from today, and at evening, I'll change them into graphic schemes..

Taiko World Cup #3: France vs Denmark-Norway
Taiko World Cup #3: Hong Kong A vs Germany A
Taiko World Cup #3: Macau vs Japan A
Nashmun
Thanks you denmark-norway for the match, I hope you had fun too ! <3
TraxieChan
aabc271
Just watched the replay of our match today some minutes ago
I appreciate how tactical Germany is. They did an excellent job at choosing maps & players
And Xay did really, really well. He's definitely one of the best players in osu taiko community <3
Don't give up Germany! I believe you guys can go into top 3 next year > <
Xay
Need three xays to get past all asian teams, which I've had enough of this year (so lucky)

Reasons why I won't forget this cup:

- 3 out of 4 matches were against the best teams of this tournament, which means there was a lot of stress for us, since we always needed to plan out the matches very strictly beforehand in order to balance stuff. Not all of us were able to play everything flawlessly in a mappool, unlike Japan or Hong Kong ...
- all 4 matches were against asians
- group of Death and probably the closest matches (I don't even know how I was able to stand the pressure that well... I don't know about the rest of my team)
- 2 Tiebreakers overall
- we all managed to play on the set matchtime against HK A, even though me and Broken were sick and Slih managed to strain his indexfinger the day before \o/
Acrith
United States A vs Taiwan A

It's a bit sad to announce, that match couldn't be done. United States A, fighting with bad luck, couldn't get their third player from team. Results are then clear: Taiwan A wins by default 5-0. As well, even if it's official...

...We performed unofficial match on other room, 2v2 - To see what will happen.

Official mp link: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6390848

Round of 16, TWC Unofficial match: Taiwan A vs United States A
Match history:
#3 Unofficial TWC Taiwan A vs. United States A

I feel a bit sorry anyways for US A team. You did great, you showed your performance before, and even now. Anyways, someone needs to lose - to made someone winner. And don't worry - you did your best, ~Backy, ~TFC :)

That is all for now!

Backfire

Acrith wrote:

United States A vs Taiwan A

It's a bit sad to announce, that match couldn't be done. United States A, fighting with bad luck, couldn't get their third player from team. Results are then clear: Taiwan A wins by default 5-0. As well, even if it's official...

...We performed unofficial match on other room, 2v2 - To see what will happen.

Official mp link: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6390848

Round of 16, TWC Unofficial match: Taiwan A vs United States A
Match history:
#3 Unofficial TWC Taiwan A vs. United States A

I feel a bit sorry anyways for US A team. You did great, you showed your performance before, and even now. Anyways, someone needs to lose - to made someone winner. And don't worry - you did your best, ~Backy, ~TFC :)

That is all for now!

I feel proud of my performance from 1-3 but #4 and #5 I was faced with technical issues. I appreciate all the support though. Taiwan was the better team, through and through, and even had all their players. I hope for maybe a next year we can defeat them, as we always seem to have to play against them in these rounds.

Thank you everyone who supported us, US A tried their hardest for our bretheren who fell before us. Have fun everyone, and don't cry like I do every year ;w;
Two Fruit Cakes
Sad that we couldn't play the official match but the unofficial one was fun!

gg Taiwan
Xakyrie
It really is a sad thing to announce, but it can't be helped. An awesome unofficial 2v2 was held (originally 3v2 but yikao had to be somewhere) despite everything and to offset some of the disappointment. Regardless, it was an entertaining match!

Congrats to Taiwan A in their advance!
TraxieChan
XK2238
you guys did great, gratz Taiwan A \o\
/me brohugs Backfire
MrDonut
Such a long and intense game. GG China B.
Big and Busty
GG China B, you deserve this win!
Yowane _ Haku
we won the game just by lucky
we have too many DC
GG Russia
lol
OnosakiHito
Mappool annunciation might have a slight delay. Hope you guys have no big problem with that. Though, we will still announce it today of course.
Cyclohexane

Yowane _ Haku wrote:

we won the game just by lucky
we have too many DC
GG Russia
lol
That match exhausted me, and I wasn't even playing. @_@

Anyway, congrats
benisakura
Japan A、おめでとうございます。
I didn't know Macau still had a match. It seemed that I made a trouble for you guys and my team members.
I really feel sorry about that : (

Macau team has finished all the game in TWC#3.
I hope that I will have time to join #4 next year if I have time.
It's really fun in spite of my terrible taiko skills. XD
Backfire
Release Maps pls gois.
OnosakiHito
Preparing last check for mappool KO 2 before releasing it.
Will be announced in about 3 hours.
OzzyOzrock
reporting in to SAy that i was unable to be present since i am VEry bad acadeMically and lack the ability to bE as asian as our opponents.

so no internet lol, wouldn't have been a big deal if my participation wasn't required/i wasn't a part of it etc., i feel bad

oh well
ganbatte
we lose anyways
lelelelel
ok
Backfire

OzzyOzrock wrote:

reporting in to SAy that i was unable to be present since i am VEry bad acadeMically and lack the ability to bE as asian as our opponents.

so no internet lol, wouldn't have been a big deal if my participation wasn't required/i wasn't a part of it etc., i feel bad

oh well
ganbatte
we lose anyways
lelelelel
ok
It's cool man.

It wasn't to be :(
OzzyOzrock
It's just as if we lost right? We don't get negative points or anything (lol)?

If so, then like noted, not much of a difference either way, but it would've been fun
Acrith
Match histories, because before no time:

Russia vs China B, China wins by 5:4!
Spain vs Malaysia, Malaysia wins by 5:0!
Denmark-Norway vs France, France wins by 5:0!

Indonesia vs Canada A match: Canada A wins by 5:0 due to Indonesia inavailability.
wmfchris
Let's go.

Mappool Stage 1-4 (Qualification)
The following mappool is a fusion out of the most played beatmaps from the previous used mappools.

(Free selection)

ALiCE’S EMOTION - Mami Mami Zone (Mixagji) [Ono's Taiko Oni]
L.E.D. - THE LAST STRIKER (Nakagawa-Kanon) [inaba's Taiko Oni]
Nico Nico Douga - Owens (AngelHoney) [Climbb's Taiko Oni]
kors k - smooooch (Card N'FoRcE) [Natteke's Taiko Oni]
Hatsune Miku - Unhappy Refrain (NatsumeRin) [Climbb's Taiko Oni]
EastNewSound - Lucid Dream (eveless) [Poke's Taiko]
cranky - R176 (taka1235) [Pangko]
KOTOKO - Oboetete Ii yo (cRyo[iceeicee]) [aabc's Taiko]

(One map per team)

Nanamori-chu * Goraku-bu - My Pace de Ikimashou (bakabaka) [Car's Taiko]
Zektbach - meme (AngelHoney) [Taiko Oni]

(One map per team)

AU - Rotterdam Cirno (OnosakiHito) [Taiko Oni]
Saiya - Remote Control (Garven) [inaba's Taiko Oni]

(One map per team)

Hatsune Miku - Electric Love (Short Ver.) (KayeSara) [aabc's Taiko]
Matsumoto Tamaki - Tenshi Teki Kenpou Yonjou (KayeSara) [aabc's Taiko]

(In case of a tie)

Ayane - Endless Tears...(lkp) [Taiko Oni]
Mappool Stage 1-2

(Free selection)

Silver Forest - Prayer (Elly-chan) [MM's Taiko Oni]
AU - Rotterdam Cirno (OnosakiHito) [Taiko Oni]
Envy - Heaven (Charles445) [MM's Taiko Oni]
Nudarai - Nuclear Fusion (Sandpig) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni]
cranky - R176 (taka1235) [Pangko]
Hatsune Miku - Unhappy Refrain (NatsumeRin) [Climbb's Taiko Oni]
Zektbach - meme (AngelHoney) [Taiko Oni]
MuryokuP - hypnoSpirA (meiikyuu) [Haruka's Taiko Oni]

(One map per team)

EastNewSound - Lucid Dream (eveless) [Poke's Taiko]
ETIA. - Enkan no Kotowari (Rein0527) [KUMA's Taiko Oni (TWC ver.)]

(One map per team)

Mutsuhiko Izumi - Snow Goose (wmfchris) [Taiko]
Hatsune Miku - Romeo and Cinderella (Nekoo[]) [31's Taiko]

(One map per team)

12 Girls Band - Freedom (LKs) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni]
Matsumoto Tamaki - Tenshi Teki Kenpou Yonjou (KayeSara) [aabc's Taiko]

(In case of a tie)

DystopiaGround - AugoEidEs (happy30) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni]

Updated Mappack Pool 1-2 Mirror (by Makar)
OnosakiHito
After not needed discussions and repeated interruptions, I can finally announce that the Quarterfinals mappool is out!
Sorry for the huge dealy, we had some intern stuff to do.

External links will be added soon.

Maps got announced by my own accord to avoid any further delay, so blam me if something could be better.
Thank you for your help wmfchris!
Backfire
BACKFIRE INFLILTRATION GG THOUGHT YOU GOT RID OF ME BOOYAA

btw nice maps, not mine, the others. I wish I could have played them. Usatei, electric love, that one mekadon map amg so fucking great
_-[SCP -3]-_
wow cool t+ and 777
OzzyOzrock
Why can't we be as lucky as first world cup ;w; oh well

my mappu \:3/
Backfire

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Why can't we be as lucky as first world cup ;w; oh well

my mappu \:3/
it was only because you and hash did not show up
this was our year damnitt!
show more