forum

Bancho stability issues RESOLVED!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
After quite a bit of investigation over the last few days and many bug fixes, Bancho is finally 100% stable again. Thanks for putting up with the random restarts every day and sorry for any interrupted multiplayer games. In the end the problem was indeed my fault and not the database drivers as I expected, so I am happy to take the full blame :cry:.

enjoy
Rolled
it's always peppy's fault
Topic Starter
peppy
Rolled is always an ass
Spudman
Ah, I thought my internet was just being a little more crappy then usual when Bancho D/Ced.
nullset
That's our Bancho!

*canned laughs*
Gens
Yay no more cancer Bancho stability Issues!
AceOfArrows
Not exactly. I just got booted off of Bancho, in the middle of a multiplayer match. I've been trying for the last 15 minutes, and cannot sign back on. This is not an internet problem, as I can still visit internet sites. Please fix!
MaxwellDemon
Please be patient at the moment, it seems like the server went down for some reason. And it is early morning over at peppy's place. It'll be back up once he is awake.

It seems to be alive again.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy

An64fan wrote:

The fact of the matter is that, try as peppy might, stuff breaks down once in a while. Cars, schools, people, servers... No matter what, Bancho is bound to call in sick every once in a while. That's not to say progress hasn't been made; I feel as though there have been more crashes lately due to peppy's efforts. :)
Wait, MORE? SUBTLE!
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy
The current downtimes that are happening are due to server instability. This may be my fault, or it may not be, but its very hard to figure out what is going wrong. If there are any awesomehax linux haxors around that think they could help me resolve a very random IO wait lockup then give me a yell please. I've sunk many many hours into trying to find the cause and enlisted a few riends alreayd, but am yet to hit any success.
Gens
:(

Aww, and I was going to throw a party tomorrow. Or next week. I dunno.
j/k

but aww server instability D:
Atmey
I get the message "Scores could not be retrieved" on both my and my brother's computer, the issue started around 8 hours ago. I thought it was temporary, but it is still here, I still can see the chat, and I asked few times about the issue, everybody kept ignoring.
mgs2master2
how come am i not able to log in to play then?
Rolled