forum

Performance Points

posted
Total Posts
show more
BlazingFX
From the wiki page:

"Rank on highly contested maps."

Therefore, higher player count yields more pp.

Own experience: Rank 37 on a hard with 110k plays. +6 points, even though normally this wouldn't have given anything
Nharox
Could someone explain me why I get no pp? I just played Avril Lavigne - What The Hell and got a hidden SS. No pp. Yesterday I tried a popular map with Hidden and got #13 (dropped to #18), no pp either.
Nitojgrem
When it's question time, I've got one too.
Why do I get 4pp for FCing and getting #5 on Hatsune Miku - Sakura Zensen Ijou Nashi [Ijou0108] and then I get 3pp for making #34 with HD but no FC on Inspector K - Disconnected Hardkore (CanBlaster Remix) [Insane] . The difficulty of these two maps isn't comparable in any way. Sure, both maps are hard but Sakura Zensen Ijou Nashi is defenetly harder - specially to FC... need a lot of practice (or just luck/skill, lol). Disconnected Hardkore... is in the end easy to FC if you try and practice a few times. Btw., this two records are from yesterday so noone can say that I didn't wait for the "delay".
I mean there's difference between difficulty, between rank (I mean, 5 and 34?) and HD... doesn't make a map that much harder - but the difference between 3 and 4 pp is... ridiculous small. I don't want to complain about the pp system, it's defenetly better as score for skill... but it still has some problems which doesn't show the skill of someone totally, in my opinion. To make a HR HD rec on a hard and getting a #2 = +9pp but making a DT HD rec on an harder Insane = +2pp? Not totally logical. I'm not totally sure how the system works but I make the hypothesis that this system just put too much on the rank (#1-#40) and cares then a shit about the difficulty (so Easy-Insane). Consider that it's just a hypothesis of mine, it's just how I "feel" this system works... and because of this lack of difficulty considering I agree to this statement:

Aqo wrote:

Until this system starts taking into account only map difficulty and nothing else, it won't be an indication of anything.
If someone sees this post just as flame, he or she has a problem about critic :/ ... and if someone says anything about the fact that I talked here about CTB.... T_T it's a part of this game as well.
M i l o t i c

Nharox wrote:

Could someone explain me why I get no pp? I just played Avril Lavigne - What The Hell and got a hidden SS. No pp. Yesterday I tried a popular map with Hidden and got #13 (dropped to #18), no pp either.
pp award often have delay for me. I often got the pp after 2 hour i finish a song.
G0r
There is, indeed, a delay. Half the time I don't know why I just gained X amount of PP, because it happens in the middle of a song.
Nharox
One of the scores were yesterday. It doesn't take that long, does it?
M i l o t i c

Nharox wrote:

One of the scores were yesterday. It doesn't take that long, does it?
this map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/52361 which is the one you talking about only have 6149 plays, so is not as popular as you think.
Or there is something wrong with the PP.(i always think there is something wrong with the pp,because my pp increase so slow)
MrSake
I have recently got pp with fairly good rate thanks to good hidden+nightcore/doubletime ranks, but yesterday&today I didn't gain any points even though I did some good top10 ranks like http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=43603&m=2. It has over 200k playcount and I got rank#3 with SS so I though it would give atleast some points...

Well, even with all these obfuscations this new pp system is much better than the old score ranking.
Valentiino
Some of your older plays might've lost some ranks/their worth, or as peppy has said, some sort of calcuations are also made based on "playstyle", and the higher you progress, the better scores you always need. So perhaps that map was too easy based on your "playstyle" /speculation
M i l o t i c

MrSake wrote:

I have recently got pp with fairly good rate thanks to good hidden+nightcore/doubletime ranks, but yesterday&today I didn't gain any points even though I did some good top10 ranks like http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=43603&m=2. It has over 200k playcount and I got rank#3 with SS so I though it would give atleast some points...

Well, even with all these obfuscations this new pp system is much better than the old score ranking.
may be it is not popular in ctb,(the playcount is still 200k when i switch to taiko and standard.)
MrSake

Valentiino wrote:

and the higher you progress, the better scores you always need. So perhaps that map was too easy based on your "playstyle" /speculation
Yeah, I though something like that too. Because if the system isn't farmable, that means that at some point ranks with certain difficulty must stop giving pp, and maybe I'm just at my limit now.
Valentiino
I don't think they ever stop giving, the amount they just give, gets ridicilous low (like lower than 1, so basically to get 1 point, you need multiple of such scores)
Icyteru
So I started playing new maps, and I gained 11000 ranks in PP in one night, while only gaining 300 ranked score ranks. Now I seem to have lost 3000 PP ranks.
winber1
PP tends to be very bizarre at lower ranks. Once you maintain some some decent ranks/plays it will probably be more stable (cuz my PP stays pretty much the same no matter what I do lol)
eldnl
I played new maps, that I never playerd before and my pp is getting up, but improving my old record doesn't give anything, that sucks ...
Tanzklaue
today I got 182 pp out of two hards played with hidden. the whole rest I played was worth 2 pp, though most of them were easy maps anyway, one was an approved hard, and the otrher a hard played with DT. I got 1600 ranks out of that.

I know, the system doesn't claim to be accurate on lower ranks, but... that's just ridiculous ._.
Ekaru
The new Best Performance section of your profile, located under "Top Ranks", displays what maps are earning you the most pp. Therefore, this discussion will now be infinitely more productive.

That said, I like how 8 of my top 10 pp givers were mapped by me and the other two are really, really old. I think that's a sign that I need to go off and FC some of the Insanes that I would be able to FC if I sucked up my pride and spent a week or two just playing harder Insanes. Oh, and it does seem that all of my mod-whoring Easy/Normal runs weren't very productive (thank goodness).
DakeDekaane
As an observation~

I've got around 70pp in 2 days without playing~ owo

And days before I got around ~10 pp for ranking #500 or highers.

There are more players that have months with no plays and their pp are increasing :c
silmarilen
oh wow
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/52407?m=0 is still one of the most pp giving score for me even tho its almost a year old already
xXMetallerXx
This simply sux... <.<

I want the old OSU! ranking system T.T ç___ç
Icyteru
Talking about fluctuations, if you click my profile, check the beginning of my graph.I have yet to see another profile like it.
darkmiz

Ekaru wrote:

That said, I like how 8 of my top 10 pp givers were mapped by me and the other two are really, really old.
Old maps are easier to farm rank because few people play them. Some old maps give tons of pp.
Zare

[AirCoN] wrote:

Talking about fluctuations, if you click my profile, check the beginning of my graph.I have yet to see another profile like it.

That's because you got very good ranks on completely new maps (which is easy) and then got kicked out of the top 40, top 100 or or even top 500 by better players.
Valentiino
It's funny how my top ranks are almost all hards played so long ago w/o mods :I
Tanzklaue

Valentiino wrote:

easies and normals played with only DT and bad accuracy \o/

for me, this system is now a complete and utter failure. it's not important which parameters weight high and which not, if I, as a guy who can fc hardmaps in a range of 100-130 BPM with DT (if they are not to dickish) and is on his way to fc insanes like it is nothing, and still those crappy ranks are worth more than that, then I can't take this remotely serious anymore.
nrii_old

Valentiino wrote:

the top ranks thing is not correct at all, i have A's on mine that are not even top 200 (yet many top 6's)
Valentiino

nrii wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

the top ranks thing is not correct at all, i have A's on mine that are not even top 200 (yet many top 6's)
It just updated a few minutes ago, and seems much better now

Altough a bit funny in a way
Nashmun

Valentiino wrote:

It just updated a few minutes ago, and seems much better now

Altough a bit funny in a way
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/144810 <== My "Best" performance (Yes, this map isn't ranked anymore)
xsrsbsns
My pp dropped from 6045 (#43) to 5205 (#612) this afternoon, very interesting.

and lol graph:

Mithos

xsrsbsns wrote:

and lol graph:

I guess someone went and stole all of your scores :<
Kurokotei

Mithost wrote:

xsrsbsns wrote:

and lol graph:

I guess someone went and stole all of your scores :<
I have the same problem. I don't think it's because of this.
Tanzklaue

and I feel sorry for xsrsbsns :(

another edit, some people don't have any pp at all anymore, like Forseen (who was top 50)
thelewa

xsrsbsns wrote:

and lol graph:

wow that is messed up
lolcubes
Don't worry about it. Just play and wait for the next update and it should go back to normal.
xsrsbsns
Oh, so I played a random map and it immediately went back up again.

Now if someone would just fix the graph :/
silmarilen
i dont have any awesome performance either :(
Gon
now you do

guessing best performance are maps that uh.. give the most pp for you
silmarilen
im very suprised by watercolor, lonely dreaming girl and paradise on earth being in there.
the only maps that actually took me some effort are hiiro no qualia, in the sky and flutterwonder anyway.
i also just gained almost 70pp for doing nothing
Valentiino
Stuff that really bothers about the pp amounts, is that there are way too many maps, which has Hard as their hardest diff and they give bunch of pp for DT plays.

Yet, stuff like this might give you astonishing amount of 0pp http://osu.ppy.sh/b/123446 (#24)
lolcubes

silmarilen wrote:

i also just gained almost 70pp for doing nothing
There was another recalculation I think. I went from 4994 to 5129 also by doing nothing haha.
show more