forum

[HD/SD] Maruyama Aya (丸山 彩)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

scuffed forum post for a moment

insert banner

Hello, this is my 2nd skin released for this year! This time the character is Maruyama Aya, from the Bang Dream Franchise! I'm still shit at skinning btw

1.3 - Applied some changes thanks to RockRoller
  1. Fixed up song selection
  2. Did some minor improvement on ranking panel
1.2 - Applied some changes thanks to Vlothx
  1. Made Aya Smaller
  2. Made the tabs more readable
1.1 - Applied some changes thanks to downy
  1. Made this skin break a little less for multiplayer
  1. Made the text for the 4 buttons much easier
  2. Made the mode med use a rounded rectangle instead of square
  3. Forum Post has been made
1.0 - Initial Release for Review

-

iljaaz - sorry for the month of waiting!
Maaya - for sharing his own Aya Skin, giving me potential skin ideas

downy - for giving his thoughts for the skin and ways to improve
Vlothx - suggesting ideas on making the song selection a little better
cravenfiner
thank you for the bangdream skin was looking for one i could use
MisakiSakaki
owwwww so cuuute~
ty4sharing
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

---------------------------------------------------
1.2 - Applied some changes thanks to Vlothx
  1. Made Aya Smaller
  2. Made the tabs more readable

cravenfiner wrote:

thank you for the bangdream skin was looking for one i could use

MisakiSakaki wrote:

owwwww so cuuute~
ty4sharing
thanks alot!
-[Shady]-
bwob
iljaaz
yes :3c
Cami
hi
Akiyama Mizuki
yes.
SleepingD
ohhh wow im try this later
after back myhome
ixwishfuI
ohh.. thank you for my life. aya is the cutest girl ever
Aya Maruyama
holy mother of skinning
I FOUND IT
pls marry me shizuku ;w;
RockRoller
Here is my feedback for your skin:
SongSelection
  1. putting the background for menu-back onto mode-osu-small is completly fine, but it appears that you miscut it, at the bottom and at the right are small gaps
  2. why does the back button have a different background than the rest of the bottompart. I don't see a point in this.
  3. we are still not done talking about the back button. Why is the glow on it different than on the rest? The glow is a bit higher and is missalligned with the rest of the bottompart. It also doesn't fully cover the blue line.
  4. I would make the animation a bit slower and would also make it so that the icon expand fully and than stays fully expanded slowly and doesn't immediatly retract.
  5. I like that you separated the icons from the background. My problem with your approach is that it looks kinda flat and boring. I believe some texture and/or slight border could improve this. Imo the box for the icons shouldn't just be rounded at the end, I would also round it at the start and remove that small line between selection-mode and selection-mods. The icons themself are fine, besides the one for options. It is way more detailed than the other ones, but seeing those details is really hard, making it look low quality instead.
  6. providing a psd file to edit the player name thing would be great. There are people that simply don't like it and woudl remove it and others that would like to actually put their name there.
  7. That big flower on the menu-button-background draws too much attention towards itself. Making it darker or more transparent would probably fix this.
  8. The thumbnail has its little cutout on the menu-button-background, it however overlaps with the glow, which looks really weird.
  9. The small S ranking looks cutoff sometimes, that however isn't your fault, this is just osu messing with the image. I would however recommend to fill that small hole on the lower part of the S with white, that small hole just looks weird.

RankingPanel:

There isn't much to say here. It is way brighter than the Song Selection, but I feel like the Song Selection is the only "dark" part. The Ranking Letters and the FullCombo text really stand out from the rest, which makes the whole background look kinda cheap.

Gameplay

The Gameplay seems fine, I would however wish that there would be an option to have the scorebar only without the framing for the playfield. The glow of the cursors doesn't look radial, its slightly square-ish. The pause and fail screen are really basic.

I hope I didn't overlook any part of the skin. You have a few parts that are noticable higher in quality, while the rest is a generic anime skin. I would recommend you to focus more on using those high quality elements to make your skin stand out from others. You may also want to lower your glow usage. Using it on basically every element is a bit too much. A few more customisations besides the ones I listed would be nice aswell.
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

RockRoller wrote:

Here is my feedback for your skin:

SongSelection
  1. putting the background for menu-back onto mode-osu-small is completly fine, but it appears that you miscut it, at the bottom and at the right are small gaps that's something out of my reach in terms of fixing
  2. why does the back button have a different background than the rest of the bottompart. I don't see a point in this. it's most likely the adjustment layer on the selection-mode to selection-options, i'll remove it
  3. we are still not done talking about the back button. Why is the glow on it different than on the rest? The glow is a bit higher and is missalligned with the rest of the bottompart. It also doesn't fully cover the blue line. that's something that i don't even know how to fix. the, mode-small icons are quite quirky
  4. I would make the animation a bit slower and would also make it so that the icon expand fully and than stays fully expanded slowly and doesn't immediatly retract. considered
  5. I like that you separated the icons from the background. My problem with your approach is that it looks kinda flat and boring. I believe some texture and/or slight border could improve this. Imo the box for the icons shouldn't just be rounded at the end, I would also round it at the start and remove that small line between selection-mode and selection-mods. The icons themself are fine, besides the one for options. It is way more detailed than the other ones, but seeing those details is really hard, making it look low quality instead.
  6. providing a psd file to edit the player name thing would be great. There are people that simply don't like it and woudl remove it and others that would like to actually put their name there. no i don't intend that to be editable
  7. That big flower on the menu-button-background draws too much attention towards itself. Making it darker or more transparent would probably fix this. i'll make that flower at least a little transparent
  8. The thumbnail has its little cutout on the menu-button-background, it however overlaps with the glow, which looks really weird. strange, i actually don't notice it on my side tho, it's possible that my eyes isn't very good
  9. The small S ranking looks cutoff sometimes, that however isn't your fault, this is just osu messing with the image. I would however recommend to fill that small hole on the lower part of the S with white, that small hole just looks weird. i dont know about that, i'll keep this for now

RankingPanel:
There isn't much to say here. It is way brighter than the Song Selection, but I feel like the Song Selection is the only "dark" part. The Ranking Letters and the FullCombo text really stand out from the rest, which makes the whole background look kinda cheap. isn't the main point of the ranking letters and the full combo text stand out from the rest? they are one of the most important detail, next to score numbers

Gameplay
The Gameplay seems fine, I would however wish that there would be an option to have the scorebar only without the framing for the playfield. The glow of the cursors doesn't look radial, its slightly square-ish. The pause and fail screen are really basic. Being too basic is not really that bad. though, i'll provide a .psd for the scorebar
Thanks for constructive feedback! I'll make sure to check them and see what i could do
Agree
Disagree
Unsure what to do

----------------------

Aya Maruyama wrote:

holy mother of skinning
I FOUND IT
pls marry me shizuku ;w;
poggies

ixwishfuI wrote:

ohh.. thank you for my life. aya is the cutest girl ever
i agree

-[Shady]- wrote:

bwob

iljaaz wrote:

yes :3c

Cami wrote:

hi

bbj0920 wrote:

yes.
bwob

SleepingD wrote:

ohhh wow im try this later
after back myhome
oooh thanks
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

1.3 - Applied some changes thanks to RockRoller
  1. Fixed up song selection
  2. Did some minor improvement on ranking panel

also i provided the psd files for the scorebar
Maya Yamato
Cute skin!
I really love Aya Maruyama so much, thx! <3
Yuimonn
Do u have the song for the ranking panel? the instrumental yura yura ring dong? its so gud :>
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

Yuimonn wrote:

Do u have the song for the ranking panel? the instrumental yura yura ring dong? its so gud :>
Misheruu_desu
oof thanks, i was looking for bandori skins
HiroshiShiro
I wonder if there's still a chance or opportunity for the skinner to give us the "Player Name" .psd file?
Aya Maruyama

HiroshiShiro wrote:

I wonder if there's still a chance or opportunity for the skinner to give us the "Player Name" .psd file?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GlPcOaGiZyCogdmmBTZUF-i0_SwMkeRU/view?usp=sharing ?

it's in the forum post.
Andoredesu
can someone help, whenever i play a beatmap, aya doesnt fully load and her face is stuck like this
https://imgur.com/a/2wyP0RE
show more