forum

Skinning Tutorial

posted
Total Posts
122
show more
Magi -

RockRoller wrote:

MagiFire12 wrote:

So, I just animated a new menu back button (in song selection), but the fps is too low. What do I name the images to make them go faster? or is that possible?
You need to change the AnimationFramerate in the skin.ini. Besure to read the part about animations in the tutorial
Oh, thank you. I didn't see anything about that in the tutorial. Thank you so much!
Riae
The more skins i have will make my game lag more or no?
I have 54 skins in total
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Riae wrote:

The more skins i have will make my game lag more or no?
I have 54 skins in total
Simply having a lot of skins should not introduce any additional lag.
McEndu
Can I pull request?
Topic Starter
RockRoller

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
McEndu

RockRoller wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
I mean, can I contribute to the project through GitHub? Like writing articles and clean up.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

McEndu wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
I mean, can I contribute to the project through GitHub? Like writing articles and clean up.
sure, feel free to message me on discord if you wanan talk about something before making a pr
Sklyzic
So I made a skin and skinned the song select menu but if I move my cursor anywhere the skin acts as if I was hovering over the mode select itself.
Idk if I described it correctly or anything but here's a video showing it with an old skin and the new one: https://streamable.com/0kvpms
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Sklyzic wrote:

So I made a skin and skinned the song select menu but if I move my cursor anywhere the skin acts as if I was hovering over the mode select itself.
Idk if I described it correctly or anything but here's a video showing it with an old skin and the new one: https://streamable.com/0kvpms
You made selection-mode-over too big. the over images define the hitboxes
Sklyzic
Ok, thanks for the help!
sanxx

RockRoller wrote:

The skinning tutorial has been moved!
The character limit for forum posts and the fact that BBCode is an outdated language that doesnt have any good editors made me move the tutorial. You can find it and many other useful skinning related topics here:

https://tutorial.skinship.xyz/tutorial/introduction
skinning tutorial site is down.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

sanxx wrote:

skinning tutorial site is down.
aware of that, will be back up soon hopefully
adlek
I have a question. Can I set the skin so that all the circles are black and white, for example, or in shades of one color
Topic Starter
RockRoller

adlek wrote:

I have a question. Can I set the skin so that all the circles are black and white, for example, or in shades of one color
You can change the colouring of hitcircles in any way you want basically. Just go into the skin.ini and set the Combo#: commands
JOHNS640
thanks!
adlek

RockRoller wrote:

adlek wrote:

I have a question. Can I set the skin so that all the circles are black and white, for example, or in shades of one color
You can change the colouring of hitcircles in any way you want basically. Just go into the skin.ini and set the Combo#: commands
Thx for help <33
PogchampWeak
What is the sound called when you click on a map?

Some skins has a sound effect where once you load up a map it says "Good luck" something like that.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

PogchampWeak wrote:

What is the sound called when you click on a map?

Some skins has a sound effect where once you load up a map it says "Good luck" something like that.
I think it is select-difficulty, th oI havent touched sound skinning in quite some time and I am not 100% sure.

Its definitely on here tho if you are willing to look/test yourself https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bhnV-CQRMy3Z0npQd9XSoTdkYxz0ew5e648S00qkJZ8/edit#gid=1820685604
Geekt
Hello! Not to be a bother but I have a question. How do I change the character that pops up whenever you hit a lot of notes? (Example: When you catch a lot of notes in Osu!CTB, A character appears for a second) My skin is going to be universal for all modes, If that effects anything.
Topic Starter
RockRoller
those are the comboburst images:
- comboburst(-#) for standard
- taiko-flower-group(-#) for taiko
- comboburst-fruits(-#) for catch
- comboburst-mania(-#) for mania

For detailed info please make sure to check the skinnable files spreadsheet
NBPlayz

Magi - wrote:

So, I just animated a new menu back button (in song selection), but the fps is too low. What do I name the images to make them go faster? or is that possible?
(Sorry if I get anything wrong I'm a little new to skinning myself)

So for example if "menu-back-0" and "menu-back-1" has the same image but are in different frames, you'll want to take away a frame of that duplicated image. Thus making the animation faster

(Because 2 of the same frames makes that split second longer, taking away 1 decreases the time it takes to finish)
If you don't have your animation setup up by duplicated images in different frames then try going into skin.ini, there will be "AnimationFramerate: 1". You'll want to change the number, if you know anything about FPS/Frame Per Second you should do just fine adjusting the framerate,

but just incase you don't know, there's 12 - 60 frames for a normal animation, but you can go lower than 12 and higher than 60.

-Lower = Slower
+Higher = Faster

I hope this helps!
Please sign in to reply.

New reply