forum

ATTENTION Newfags, Midfags, Oldfags, and Otherfags!!!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kobold84

Ymir wrote:

Meeting the base requirements was never meant to guarantee denizenship in the first place. They're the 'base' requirements for a reason.
That was retconned. There were never requirements for denizenship in the actual first place.
Ymir
I understand for the REALLY old generations there wasn't any, but there had to be a system in place for the newer generations to get denizenship without being nobodies who would do nothing. And that system was quite clear:

ShinRun wrote:

Hello -Remi, my name is ShinRun and I am part of the OT!Parliament as well as a denizen. You have received this message because you have met the 8+ month requirement to be considered for denizenship. If you wish to receive denizenship, please reply with some if not all of your achievement/contribution on OT. These can be anything from events, threads, lore, etc.
Polyspora
for the first generations I believe abraker just got people who were active in the early 2000's, since this thread was created after they went awol
BluePyTheWDeer_
where the update at
Reyalp51

BluePyTheWDeer_ wrote:

where the update at
Kaaruumii
buying densen for 1 dolla
Nuuskamuikkunen
I somehow forgot about this thread.
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Ymir wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

necro sorry
but where's beani? i thought he was denizen bc of where he's in the hall of shame thread
Why do you think a fake denizenship thread would mean anything? That guy barely talks here, not many people know him well enough. I could say this for most new denizens in that Hall of Shame thread.
oh.. oki
nah, beaniecraft DOES meet the requirement for the original denizen thread, it's just that this thread is dead
you're literally the rensponsible for the death of this thread lol, and you know you wanted that
i'm not saying this thread shouldn't have died, I mean that beanicraft did meet the requirements for this thread before I even became president but the parliament just chose to ignore it
i see
Kobold84
Hall Of Shame… Patattita, do you deny the very purpose of OT existence? The purpose of this thread?
A thread deprived of its function is no longer a thread. It is rejected.
I understand.
I shall keep watch over you from the shadows, Patattita… no, President.
But one day, one day you will reach the end of the road. You will no longer be able to deny the OT purpose. President, you will be forced to accept our fate. And when the time comes…
-Kori
is abraker still dead
Polyspora

-Kori wrote:

is abraker still dead
unfortunately yes
Patatitta

Kobold84 wrote:

Hall Of Shame… Patattita, do you deny the very purpose of OT existence? The purpose of this thread?
I understand.
But one day, one day you will reach the end of the road. You will no longer be able to deny the OT purpose. President, you will be forced to accept our fate. And when the time comes…
come on OT was created to purge our stupidity from the rest of osu, OT is a hall of shame by itself
Karmine
Kobold shonen protagonist phase?
Reyalp51

Kobold84 wrote:

the OT purpose

dont betray our ideals kobold senpai
Polyspora

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
come on OT was created to purge our stupidity from the rest of osu, OT is a hall of shame by itself
I think OT turns you stupid to be honest
Karmine

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
Nah, you gotta be big dumdum to go on OT in the first place.
Polyspora

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
the dumber you are the stronger your personality is probably

there is a lot of curious characters here
lostsilver

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
thats probably why i like it so much
bc im a dumdum
Polyspora

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
bc im a dumdum
and you have a strong personality (multiple, possibly)
Reyalp51

Polyspora wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⢸⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀⣾⣿⡆⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢸⣿⢰⣿⡆⠀⣾⣿⡆⠀⣾⣷ ⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢸⣿⠘⣿⣿⣤⣿⣿⣿⣤⣿⡇⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢸⡿⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⢸⣿⣇⠀⢀⣿⣿⠇⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣷⣶⣶⡿⠁⠀⠈⣿⣿⠟⠀⣿⣿⠇⠀⠈⠻⣿⣶⣾⡿⠋⠀⠀
Karmine

Polyspora wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.

It's like a circus.
Polyspora

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.

It's like a circus.
lol
lostsilver

Polyspora wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
bc im a dumdum
true
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
bc im a dumdum
true
I didn't mean cute dumb, I meant like dumb dumb. In tonal indicator a /neg dumb, maybe even a stupid dumb but not a funny stupid dumb that's a different type of dumb
Ymir
Like retard dumb!
Patatitta

Ymir wrote:

Like retard dumb!
nah slur dumb isn't the type of dumb I was refeering however saying retard dumb is part of the dumb dumb or /neg dumb I meant to
Polyspora
this is cancer stop using /neg ´p´lease
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Kobold84 wrote:

I understand.
bc im a dumdum
true
I didn't mean cute dumb, I meant like dumb dumb. In tonal indicator a /neg dumb, maybe even a stupid dumb but not a funny stupid dumb that's a different type of dumb
i know what you meant
Achromalia

Polyspora wrote:

going to use that and others like it even more now just to spite you /j
Karmine

Achromalia wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That's not nice. /s
Achromalia

Karmine wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That's not nice. /s
...i guess at least i can accurately denote what i mean in ways that tone might not always effectively imply, although in some cases it can be a little redundant when i've suggested i've been genuine-- at the same time, other users here can say they're being sincere while being entirely facetious for fun, so idrk... i don't mind them, i even kind of prefer them, but they're easily poisoned and consumed by others' sarcastic irony so it doesn't really allow for that certainty of sincerity from people who love this kind of humor /srs
Patatitta

Achromalia wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That's not nice. /s
...i guess at least i can accurately denote what i mean in ways that tone might not always effectively imply, although in some cases it can be a little redundant when i've suggested i've been genuine-- at the same time, other users here can say they're being sincere while being entirely facetious for fun, so idrk... i don't mind them, i even kind of prefer them, but they're easily poisoned and consumed by others' sarcastic irony so it doesn't really allow for that certainty of sincerity from people who love this kind of humor /srs
idk, tonal indicators for me are weird, I don't mind anyone that does use it, however, it's not something I would use myself unless it's ironic as I just did. When i'm talking IRL and I say something ironic or sarcastic, I don't really alter my tone of voice or really give any clues that i'm joking, the people around me understand the joke via how absurd the thing I said is or just the context of the conversation, and that is also how I understand how someone is joking or not. Also I think not changing the voice makes the joke funnier also it comes natural for me, so I feel that if you're not really getting a joke or whatever, tone isn't the problem
B0ii
my thoughts about tone indicators: [insert ragebait here]
Achromalia

Patatitta wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That's not nice. /s
idk, tonal indicators for me are weird, I don't mind anyone that does use it, however, it's not something I would use myself unless it's ironic as I just did. When i'm talking IRL and I say something ironic or sarcastic, I don't really alter my tone of voice or really give any clues that i'm joking, the people around me understand the joke via how absurd the thing I said is or just the context of the conversation, and that is also how I understand how someone is joking or not. Also I think not changing the voice makes the joke funnier also it comes natural for me, so I feel that if you're not really getting a joke or whatever, tone isn't the problem
probably. i suppose in my case i just have a hard time discerning that, i tend to think of myself as being mostly sincere and upfront, where even my more high-affect typing styles often are still entirely sincere. i understand that by context people can parse what the meaning of something is, but when i don't really know any of y'all well enough to get a consistent picture, that tonal indication does seem to be something that would appear helpful in theory

would it be something people are likely to think is normal when they're used to a high-context environment? it's not like my environments haven't been like that, i've known and befriended people who can be pretty heavily sarcastic/ironic but it's genuinely surprisingly common for me to still unintentionally take them seriously when i don't mean to

this could just be a sort of... socialization "skill issue" of sorts, so-to-speak, but it also often seems more intrinsic than i'd like, even if that might not really be the case

like, in absence of indicators i always just assume "/srs" until i've seen enough of a pattern in people where they're either purposefully "annoying" or something that could readily be seen as "anti-social" and callously sarcastic/ironic, and then i can start reading them as being more "/j" or "/s" oriented. but i heavily doubt anyone ever actually would care to use that, so i never really know

ot, to me and the many years i've spectated here, sounds like a highly sarcastic/ironic place at least in terms of its notoriety. but it's also strangely sincere at the same time. it gets mixed up for me on occasion because of that, and it's not as immediately/readily obvious to me
Patatitta

Achromalia wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That's not nice. /s
probably. i suppose in my case i just have a hard time discerning that, i tend to think of myself as being mostly sincere and upfront, where even my more high-affect typing styles often are still entirely sincere. i understand that by context people can parse what the meaning of something is, but when i don't really know any of y'all well enough to get a consistent picture, that tonal indication does seem to be something that would appear helpful in theory

would it be something people are likely to think is normal when they're used to a high-context environment? it's not like my environments haven't been like that, i've known and befriended people who can be pretty heavily sarcastic/ironic but it's genuinely surprisingly common for me to still unintentionally take them seriously when i don't mean to

this could just be a sort of... socialization "skill issue" of sorts, so-to-speak, but it also often seems more intrinsic than i'd like, even if that might not really be the case

like, in absence of indicators i always just assume "/srs" until i've seen enough of a pattern in people where they're either purposefully "annoying" or something that could readily be seen as "anti-social" and callously sarcastic/ironic, and then i can start reading them as being more "/j" or "/s" oriented. but i heavily doubt anyone ever actually would care to use that, so i never really know

ot, to me and the many years i've spectated here, sounds like a highly sarcastic/ironic place at least in terms of its notoriety. but it's also strangely sincere at the same time. it gets mixed up for me on occasion because of that, and it's not as immediately/readily obvious to me
I don't think you necessarily have to know the person, it's just that if someone says something that is outrageous or whatever with a straight face, 90% chance they're being ironic, it's just, tone CAN be a way to identify a joke o the intention behind something, but it's neither the only or best way to determine it
Kobold84

-Kori wrote:

is abraker still dead
I assume the parliament kidnapped abraker and locked him up somewhere. Our opponent is the government.
The only option available to us is to rescue the chief officer abraker. With that we stop the Patatitta's conspiracy. The peace of OT depends on us. I'm technically only a denizen with months of training and denizens don't even exist anymore, but together we can do this. Operation Recapture Parliament, commence!
xch00F
damn this thread title gave me whiplash, don't see that suffix too often anymore
Achromalia
mmyeah, i noticed that too... i imagine its obsolete status had been wearing in since maybe 2017-2019 when i arrived and settled here. through the establishment of some kind of "governing body" of this place, i guess "denizens" grew more preferable, and since then that new trend would continue on to become the strange ambiguous and maybe-arbitrary title of denizenship it's grown into now

im sure someone or another wouldnt be too discouraged by that though, but most people dont seem to actively take on or wave around the suffix anymore, with the population of ot having been almost thoroughly replaced by fresher faces and arguably kinder and more considerate people

not like there wasnt any then or prior, but i seem to think things are "better" in my own personal concept of off-topic, though it may also just be that i have aged and forgotten that things couldve just been fine enough at the time
fluffpup
>joins gen 9
>denizen no longer exists by gen 11

yeah, that tracks
Polyspora

Kobold84 wrote:

-Kori wrote:

is abraker still dead
I assume the parliament kidnapped abraker and locked him up somewhere. Our opponent is the government.
The only option available to us is to rescue the chief officer abraker. With that we stop the Patatitta's conspiracy. The peace of OT depends on us. I'm technically only a denizen with months of training and denizens don't even exist anymore, but together we can do this. Operation Recapture Parliament, commence!
this would've worked 2 years ago
-Kori
so he's not dead, just kidnapped
I AM VERY SMART
This thread looks very dead. At least I can say I was here when it lasted.
Polyspora

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

uh its dead until next year probably lol
Reyalp51

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

ShinRun
Who wanna start an uprising with me
[ Rynn ]

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

there's a long story behind this...
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Yes I'm very stupid and dumb, thank you for telling me.
I AM VERY SMART

Polyspora wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

uh its dead until next year probably lol
I see.
Karmine

ShinRun wrote:

No uprising needed when there's elections.
z0z

Karmine wrote:

ShinRun wrote:

say that to russia
Karmine

z0z wrote:

Karmine wrote:

ShinRun wrote:

say that to russia
I was thinking of fair elections.