forum

[Rule] Showing composer into artist for VOCALOID songs

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I would suggest that a format like "Lily(SeleP)-Scarlet Rose" be used instead.
This is already how it looks in-game when Lily is the source and SeleP is the artist.
-Athena-
I don't really understand the request here, but why not use that format for everything? Just add the composer's name in brackets beside the singer
Natteke
Huh, well, Justin Bieber doesn't compose the song, but he's the artist. If you're gonna aply this to vocaloid songs, why not aply it to EVERY other song as well? 95% of the time singer is mentioned as ARTIST because it makes more sense.
Sakura
tbh i dont even know why the Vocaloid is the artist, there was a long discussion about this with other members of the MAT and BAT but we never reached an agreement. Imo, the artist should be the composer of the song/lyrics, but people probably won't like that.

Edit: @Natteke: Yeah i agree, but the vocaloid is a program, not a person (well the one that made the sounds for the vocaloid is a person, but still it feels more like an instrument rather than a singer)
-Athena-

Natteke wrote:

Huh, well, Justin Bieber doesn't compose the song, but he's the artist. If you're gonna aply this to vocaloid songs, why not aply it to EVERY other song as well? 95% of the time singer is mentioned as ARTIST because it makes more sense.
This is basically what I meant, thanks for explaining it well
Natteke

Sakura Hana wrote:

Edit: @Natteke: Yeah i agree, but the vocaloid is a program, not a person (well the one that made the sounds for the vocaloid is a person, but still it feels more like an instrument rather than a singer).

So? The center of the song is Vocaloid's voice. Program or real person, there's not much of a difference either way. Leave the composer in tags and nuke this guideline because basically what it does is trying to fix things that work perfectly fine.
kanpakyin
As I have seen.Most of the composer of the song was written to the source.So we can know who is the composer.

like this:

hum?
-Athena-
Yup, seems my idea has already been applied lol, I'm slow as hell
HakuNoKaemi
the actual composers of vocaloid song are credited in source as you see...
We don't credit Motoo Fujiwara as artist in Bump of Chicken/most of the last (voiced)Tales Of songs for example
TheVileOne
Please no.... I don't even know who makes some of these songs. sometimes it's some random person on youtube. How are people going to know you're playing a miku song or making one if it doesn't say miku in the title somewhere?

The composer for a vocaloid song could be anyone, even not specified in some cases.

If we did this, I think less people would find the songs, because it has some strange person in the title, and less people would play them.

Edit: Composer in source is fine by me.
Sakura
The main problem then would be, that the source isn't for these things

Source is for when a song comes from a videogame, movie, etc; or when it made it famous, or when the song was made specifically for that game/song/movie/show.

This field was created to avoid needing to use the source as artist (Like for example Final Fantasy - Battle theme) and Source replaces Artist on the in-game song list at the top where it shows the song you have currently selected.
blissfulyoshi
I suggest using this format as a fix "AVTechNO! feat. Megurine Luka - "DYE" "

This format still lists which vocaloid it is (no confusion as who is the singer)
This format would solve the source conflict.

I think those are the only criteria that players need to care about. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Natteke

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I suggest using this format as a fix "AVTechNO! feat. Megurine Luka - "DYE" "

This format still lists which vocaloid it is (no confusion as who is the singer)
This format would solve the source conflict.

I think those are the only criteria that players need to care about. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This would probably work
ziin
I would prefer to have all of my hatsune miku songs be in the same grouping. So I can easily ignore them.

I also really hate combining tags.

It's a broken system that doesn't need to be fixed IMO, but I will support whatever people here decide.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/301336
Perfume - Baby Cruising Love
Perfume ft. peppy - Baby Cruising Love
are not next to each other, even though they are the same song with a different singer.
peppy
Hatsune Miku is not an artist. In fact, the guidelines of using vocaloid commercially (how most of the songs are distributed) state that you can't use the names of the characters in the song metadata itself. None of the doujin artists that produce the bulk of vocaloid tracks use the vocaloid's name as the artist, because it is incorrect. The fact it is being used this way on osu! is wrong.

"feat." is the best proposed solution thusfar. Personally I'd leave the vocaloid names in tags (possibly without a space so they can be grouped for searching).
Shiirn
sakuzyo feat. Hatsune Miku - ChaiN De/structioN

Yeah, looks good to me.
peppy
Keep in mind adding "feat." is butchering the song's actual metadata. Tags is a much better solution in my eyes, as long as it is searchable for those trying to find a vocaloid tracks.
Shiirn
it also doesn't group them together on the songlist, unless you want to whip up some code where certain tags can group songs together (BMS / vocaloid / IIDX spring to mind)
Sakura
Maybe if we could make tags between quotation marks "Hatsune Miku" work as a single tag that has a space on it.
eldnl
yey.
GigaClon
Wouldn't it work to put Hatsune Miku in the source, cause the fact that Hatsune Miku is used is the fact that its popular (reason for source?). If I want to group like songs together I just put them in a subfolder of Songs.
ziin
As long as we get better tag searching and support, sure.

I still want "sakuzyo hatsune miku" to find all songs with those tags in the tags and or artist, and not just search for the exact match.

Will old maps be grandfathered in with osz2 or will they be changed?

Sakura Hana wrote:

Maybe if we could make tags between quotation marks "Hatsune Miku" work as a single tag that has a space on it.
Searching "miku hatsune" should pick up "hatsune miku"
NatsumeRin
A typical title of a vocaloid song in nico is like 【GUMI】シルバーバレット【虹原ぺぺろん】, could be devided into 3 parts.

1. The vocaloid used
2. Song title
3. The producer's name/PV included/original/(maybe something i forget)

As we can see, 1 & 2 is nearly 100% followed as a rule, so why can't we put Miku or GUMI as artist here? in this system, composers are put into source so people could still know them at the time they decide to download. Also it's the way i support the most.

"feat." would also be fine imo but in fact there're few examples using a format like this.... (i could only remember that sasakure.UK once used this format...)

But only put Miku/GUMI in the tags won't be a good idea, it goes a totally different way with nico/youtube.
ziin

NatsumeRin wrote:

A typical title of a vocaloid song in nico is like 【GUMI】シルバーバレット【虹原ぺぺろん】, could be devided into 3 parts
Just pointing out that there is no reference to "Megpoid" in the typical title. You have to know that GUMI is Megpoid GUMI, and not some other GUMI. "Megpoid" would almost certainly be in the tags.
SonicFan344

kanpakyin wrote:

As I have seen.Most of the composer of the song was written to the source.So we can know who is the composer.

like this:

hum?
This is a good idea. Showing composer in the Source is very good
animez15
i agree to all but if u think of a composer...that is ok for me...it doesnt mind at all.
blissfulyoshi
I just want to say that we should come to a standard with this thread before forcing anyone to change the artist and source of their song. I don't want people all having different standards and enforcing these mixed standards.
lepidopodus
I've seen something like this: 'Cosmo@BousouP feat. Hatsune Miku'. Mabe too long?
NatsumeRin
The general thing for current vocaloid videos (on both nico and youtube) is the vocaloid used should be put in a very obvious place.

Also personally I don't mind a long name there.
blissfulyoshi

lepidopodus wrote:

I've seen something like this: 'Cosmo@BousouP feat. Hatsune Miku'. Mabe too long?
I sgugested somethign similar on page 2, so I guess this is probably going to be the accepted format, but I think some people are still against having the vocaloid's name anywhere in the artist field. (Also, there are probably a few other issues that I forgot to mention from thee other pages)
NatsumeRin

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I sgugested somethign similar on page 2, so I guess this is probably going to be the accepted format, but I think some people are still against having the vocaloid's name anywhere in the artist field. (Also, there are probably a few other issues that I forgot to mention from thee other pages)
I don't see anyone with an against attitude if we use feat. format....

ziin's "2 or more artist" would also be a good idea.
ziin
I have a minor problem with long names.
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/316633

The only thing I want is a better search.
Jenny
>Composer as source as in Cosmos for example, source there is "otetsu" which is the composer
emergist

ziin wrote:

The only thing I want is a better search.
M2.
those
Bump this up. We need to get a consistent way of doing this, seeing how this was left unresolved and is appearing both ways.
Sakura
Just quoting peppy here from earlier:

09:40 <peppy> the company behind vocaloid prohibits using the name Hatsune Miku as artist
09:40 <peppy> or even feat.
09:40 <peppy> unless you get licensing from them
SkyDevil
I don't think this should change, you can see clearly the vocaloid artist that made the song in the top left corner while selecting a beatmap
bomber34

Sakura wrote:

Just quoting peppy here from earlier:

09:40 <peppy> the company behind vocaloid prohibits using the name Hatsune Miku as artist
09:40 <peppy> or even feat.
09:40 <peppy> unless you get licensing from them
does this mean we have to change already existing Beatmaps?
Sakura
Any artist/title issues on already ranked maps will have to wait until osz2, so that they can be changed without requiring a redownload
SkyDevil
new beatmap has KuroUsa-p as artist instead of Hatsune Miku

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/55941
show more