forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
EmisoraX
Once I was in an anime and videogames Group, one day someone posted an osu! Video so I was intrigued, I decides to search for that game and now here I am
Shururearisumu
That video of Knife Party - Centipede map, caught my eye and i was a rhythm player already that time so i was curious what game would have that much notes.
Apraxye
Angelsim’s play on Ata Euphoria.
[ Rynn ]
when i was playing robeats at around august last year (2020) a youtuber named signicial played osumania so i decided to play osumania ;w;
Joon Yorigami
Vaxei's hr fc on freedom dive was the one that brought me here and still is one of my most favorite plays
an3mars
mines isn't very special tbh I saw youtube videos pop up in my recommended of things like 'problems only Osu players understand' and I mainly like rhythm/gacha games so I downloaded it. plus it looked hard but fun
ojounyan
i found it thru rhythm gamers on youtube ^_^ when i first signed up i only had a cheap laptop & a trackpad so i couldnt play until very recently.. (like 2 months ago LOL)
Aquadi
well it was Freshman year when my bud asked me in my computer class have you ever played osu i said no and he showed me playing some 5 star on a school computer and then i played and fced the big black so i went home and got myself a pc to play the game
Sugar_owo
for a whole story, here u go.

some kids in the grade above me were talking about this rhythm game "tokaku" had been playing and was playing some videos and stuff. once i got home from school i went on to my laptop, finally searched up the name right, watched some videos then got in to osu! taiko mainly. i then found out about mania, ctb and std but i didn't find them interesting until a month into my journey of osu!
ikugoi
it was a few years back where my older brother was playing osu! but i never found interest until a few months ago.

pretty sure it was a vaxei play that made me want to sign up.
ShinRun
Simple: watched cookiezi play dadadada
Watervapor
Freedom Dive by Cookiezi just randomly appeared on my recommended
heg-
this human said they were gonna try osu, and i asked what that was
climb
I had my group of friends become really interested in it, decided to pick it up and try and get better than them B)
Chromathic
I always liked rythm games so i wanted to play one i used to play Dynamyx on Phone but yeah my phone is a potat so i wanted to see if there was one for PC then i discovered osu i tried it but i used to be bad at osu now im somehow so much better than before.
cChOn
LOLZ2 forced me to play osu cuz "it makes your valorant aim better"
An1m3
I feel like I post about this in the fourms a while ago but I forgot so I'm just going to post again.

So it all started like around 7-8 years ago I was bored on twitch so I was just scrolling through the games and I saw osu. I saw this streamer name brenbread play some anime remix map and was like cool. At the time I didn't have a pc so I played osu!droid and when I got my first laptop a couple years later that's when I started to play real osu.
shinjimano
some random guy told me about it on discord and i think i played a lot of multi with him and that's also how i got into osu
Rebel_Fox
one of my close friends (who is in the 4 digits in the ranking) introduced me to osu.
sky0565
that wieku vid with danser bot
yarWe
centipede knife party
SA ST
I was using a discord bot that advertised other peoples servers in my chat and it advetises my server in other servers and from there i met a swedish guy called musicplays that showed me the game and we played multi and i played with relax cus he told me to
Karmine
During a random discussion with friends from another game someone mentioned it.
I saw some videos (like rrtyui replays) and thought it was super cool so I gave it a try and now I can't stop.
Quite ironic that I don't play this other game anymore and lost contact with these people.

You are here forever.
Vinnieosu_old_1
I found this girl who was really creative who played osu! on YouTube and I really wanted to try it out because I thought it was really cool and its now been about one month since that happened.
AmbarAnand

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!
i saw someone playing osu on youtube and i got intresting lol. not special story
telepokus
my friend told me because i had a tablet
AccountWontWork
I've known Osu! for a while but I only thought of it as a cool looking game.

I only started playing because I watch xQc and he did a stream playing Osu! so I thought "Seems pretty cool, Imma try it." and I actually liked it so I just kept playing. :)
-Andrei-
old friend recommended me the game so i gave it a try
shaadowz
my friend was playing at school one day and i knew what osu! was but i was like wow you are so good and it looks so cool so i tried it and now i play it everyday and am way better them him lol
Thevaka
a mopemope gameplay
NekoTowel
I created the account in June 2019, forgot how I found osu! originally. However, in September 2019, when I started playing standard properly, it was a friend who wanted me to play osu! with him. He stopped playing after I got better than him.

Started mania because of Jakads videos and wanting to play BMS and stuff.
Hky Sigh
I had always seen clips of it every now and then, but as I got more into rythm games in 2017, I watched a "TOP 10 RYTHM GAMES" video...
Vexxer232
First time I saw osu was this video. A damn classic, that's for sure. I didn't start playing it until many years later, though.
Sitsumi
When I used to play Roblox, there was a game called Parkour that I played alot. There was also this YouTuber who I watched who played parkour. In this Q&A video, someone asked, "other than Roblox, what do you play?" He said he played a lot of osu, and showed some gameplay. It seemed like another cool rhythm game to play, so I gave it a shot. Since I used to play RoBeats (literally 4k mania in Roblox) at the time, I started off with mania, but then switched to standard.
skullyisthename
friend reccommended it to me :D
dp_3347
I came across OSU via youtube, watching people like biffy and partly squashyboy, (good youtubers) I decided then to try out osu and see what its like... I have been playing for the past 6 days now. :)
Delta_Rhythm
My friend really pushed the game on me back in March 2019, so I got it and played it with them a bit.
I ended up losing interest after only somewhat playing for a month or two and forgot about it. But then, back in September 2020, I was really enjoying playing some Geometry Dash and remembered that I had a random rhythm game called osu downloaded. I started to play it a little bit, and now here I am, playing the game almost everyday...
Blue9485
My friend was playing osu! and I tried it
JulyXC
I had a lot of free time during a summer job in 2011, found this game just to kill time
NotRaffi
whitecat no cheat proof
show more