forum

[Rule] Each difficulty must be playable by a single player

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Each difficulty must be able to be played by a single player. Thus, Multiplayer TAG-specific difficulties are not allowed since multiple people are required to play them. However, like CtB-specific difficulties, you may add an external link to a TAG difficulty in your map thread.

Any TAG Diff should be Unrankable. Since both players who play the TAG Diff need not to have a ranking system. Tag Diffs should be made just for fun and not for ranking competition. Besides, TAG diffs are widely known that it's not FCable and sometimes NOT passable without using HT/EC/NF Mod. So I highly recommend that TAG diffs/maps should be unrankable.

Here are the negative descriptions of TAG maps when played ALONE:
1. You will never be able to FC tag since it mostly contain HIGH Jumps and Streams.
2. Inconsistent spacings which makes the notes hard-to-read.
3. MAJOR Decrease in your Acc if ever you have passed this song.

I don't actually see any reason why TAG maps should be approved at all since It is not really meant to be played by one player, but that's just me i guess.
Discuss.
Jenny
On the other hand, it's said there is no limit for difficulty in approved diffs/maps, so I don't see a problem in approving TAG diffs - ranking no, app yes.
NoHitter
Well IMO if someone can FC a TAG map, it can be approved.
Sakura
You mean this rule?

Each difficulty must be able to be played by a single player. Thus, Multiplayer TAG-specific difficulties are not allowed since multiple people are required to play them. However, like CtB-specific difficulties, you may add an external link to a TAG difficulty in your map thread.

It's already there.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Sakura Hana wrote:

You mean this rule?

It's already there.
Exactly. So TAG diffs are already unrankable, right?
MoodyRPG
I don't think this is a problem in my opinion,as said Jenny TAG is only approved
Topic Starter
Cygnus
@MoodyRPG - Of course it is. Yes, it's fun to see players who actually manage to pass such TAG diffs but have you ever wondered if the diff they are playing is right? It doesn't actually fit any ranking system, even for approval. Since it's a diff that is meant to be played by two or more players.
Sakura
Fixed OP
Soaprman
Tag maps should be approveable. The scoreboard doesn't matter for tag maps, yeah, but it's not about that. It's about helping a finished map find its audience.
lolcubes
You know, you can probably make tag difficulties just like a normal diff, just focus more on combo splitting and positioning? This way the map isn't extremely hard and it's still enjoyable for tag play.
But maybe I am getting the wrong idea here?
Topic Starter
Cygnus

lolcubes wrote:

You know, you can probably make tag difficulties just like a normal diff, just focus more on combo splitting and positioning? This way the map isn't extremely hard and it's still enjoyable for tag play.
But maybe I am getting the wrong idea here?
You have a point about the normal diff Tag map but seriously, that would be totally boring for players.

Anyway, most mappers make SUPER HARD TAG MAPS. In a way that users would have to use Mods that would make the map easier to play. Which makes it unrankable really.
Mercurial
Put random notes on all map -> TAG Map.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

iMercurial wrote:

Put random notes on all map -> TAG Map.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7385

this is basically one of the random note positions i've ever seen. D: EDIT: The TAG4 map, probably. lol
Shiro
I don't think TAG maps are approvable either. They suffer from the same thing CtB diffs (supposedly) suffer from.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Odaril wrote:

I don't think TAG maps are approvable either. They suffer from the same thing CtB diffs (supposedly) suffer from.
Agree. Only Taiko players really get along with this kind of diffs.

EDIT: Hmm, having troubles with the title. I can't add player on the title. D:
ziin
why are we discussing this? Do you have a point to make?
Sakura

Odaril wrote:

Nope, CTB diffs are unrankable because osu! standard transfers to CTB nicely, TAG maps are unrankable because they are supposed to be played by multiple people, tag plays arent recorded in the scoreboard so they dont need a scoreboard.
lolcubes
I still fail to see a reason why is it impossible to map a nice tag map without making it playable for 1 person. This way everybody wins, the person can enjoy a relatively hard map and the map plays nicely on TAG. The definition of "boring" doesn't come from map being "too easy", it comes from map not being enjoyable.

edit:

Sakura Hana wrote:

Make a map for 1 person that can be played with TAG, not the opposite.
Which is sort of my point haha.
Sakura
Make a map for 1 person that can be played with TAG, not the opposite.
Soaprman
I will admit that the "TAG4" diffs I've played are pretty bad and that a nicely structured regular map makes for a far better tag experience. My support for allowing them stems not from liking them (I don't) but from my belief that anything should fly in the approval category, even things I don't like. Figured I'd put that out there...
show more