show more
arien666
7!! - Lovers (TV Size)

Only for [Bakaneurane's Catch Hard] diff :3

meow :3
Topic Starter
Deif

ZHSteven wrote:

someone mod my Wing my way ><! it is in CTB pending since last month...
About Wing my Way, it was one of the first CTB maps I've ever tried (I'm talking about 2 years ago) so I consider it as a "classic" one, and yeah... a masterpiece I've played it around 250-300 times. That's why I was afraid of screwing that map, and so be hated by many old-school players ^^'

Just a question before modding it (I'll do it on Tue-Wed): Do you wanna keep it as a challenge map (CS5), or as an easier-to-rank one (CS4)?

If you choose the 2nd option, save it as a new difficulty and include [Hell-Jumping CTB] in an external link. Many people will thank you:

@arken: woof!

EDIT: Added uranechan as the creator of that CTB diff but... he/she joined a week ago? o_O

arien666

Deif wrote:

@arken: woof!

EDIT: Added uranechan as the creator of that CTB diff but... he/she joined a week ago? o_O

He's just baka :3

He just wants to make game like CtB so he is training his mapping skill :3
Although multi-fruit is not allowed, he would try to do his best :3
Krisom
Hello,

Spica x Melt

Deif mapped an adorable CTB diff for this map. I'd like some feedback on it from other CtB mappers before asking for a MAT mod, just to make sure everything is allrighty ~ (most likely it's perfect though).

Thanks a lot for your assistance.
ZHSteven

Deif wrote:

About Wing my Way, it was one of the first CTB maps I've ever tried (I'm talking about 2 years ago) so I consider it as a "classic" one, and yeah... a masterpiece I've played it around 250-300 times. That's why I was afraid of screwing that map, and so be hated by many old-school players ^^'

Just a question before modding it (I'll do it on Tue-Wed): Do you wanna keep it as a challenge map (CS5), or as an easier-to-rank one (CS4)?

If you choose the 2nd option, save it as a new difficulty and include [Hell-Jumping CTB] in an external link. Many people will thank you:

Wow Great job~
I have heard that the best play is 3 misses with 500+combo by Darksoul at 2010.. maybe the player now can FC it already? I don't know lol
About CS, I think I will keep CS5, beacuse some of the max jump is based on CS5.
And dont worry, I will always keep the original version of this map, no matter it is finally rank or not.
Thanks~

@ Deif : modding done~
Topic Starter
Deif
Steven's Hell-Jumping is finally modded, trying to keep a challenge, but still a FCable map.
Serval
Hatsune Miku - SPiCa x Melt modded.

I'll probably mod other maps tonight (x Can Can, It's only the fairy tale and Urenachan's map) and will have a long discussion with urs4chan about his map :p
Topic Starter
Deif
CassiopeiA has been ranked, but Steven's diff wasn't there... what's going on?
Spectator
Hitomi May
Hello! Please mod CTB dif in this map :o
It's my first map with ctb dif and I'm scared ;_;
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/49182
Silent Hill ^^
Topic Starter
Deif
Reminder to modders:

The following maps need extra attention.

Not modded yet:
  1. Akira Yamaoka - True [Starry's Catch The Truth]
Modded only once:
  1. 7!! - Lovers (TV Size) [urane's Catch hard]
  2. Ara Potato - Skype x Can Can [CTB Collab]
  3. Kanako Itou - Find the Blue (Short Ver.) [Di-CTB]
  4. KOTOKO - Wing my Way [Hell-Jumping CTB]
  5. Shounen Radio - neu (Long Version) [CLSWTB Extra]
Birdy
Bookmarked and subscribed, seriously I should help with modding these.

Also requests via in-game direct messages and site's private messages are allowed for me, so don't be shy~
Starry_old
:? I want to help mod some CTB diffs if possible. ;)
Serval

Deif wrote:

Reminder to modders:

Not modded yet:
  1. Akira Yamaoka - True [Starry's Catch The Truth]Will mod it laters, focusing on "near ranked map" for now
Modded only once:
  1. 7!! - Lovers (TV Size) [urane's Catch hard]I'll mod it in the week
  2. Ara Potato - Skype x Can Can [CTB Collab]I'll mod it in the week
  3. Kanako Itou - Find the Blue (Short Ver.) [Di-CTB]Waiting for some change, the mapper contacted me IG and I give him more advices two days ago for timeline
  4. KOTOKO - Wing my Way [Hell-Jumping CTB]>w< Not sure it's a good idea for me to mod it :p you should ask Draf
  5. Shounen Radio - neu (Long Version) [CLSWTB Extra]>w< I'll mod it later, cause 5:45 is looooong to mod
Drafura
New map to mod : Xelia (Archlade) - Illumiscape

Deif wrote:

Reminder to modders:

Not modded yet:
  1. Akira Yamaoka - True [Starry's Catch The Truth]
Modded only once:
  1. 7!! - Lovers (TV Size) [urane's Catch hard]
  2. Ara Potato - Skype x Can Can [CTB Collab]
  3. Kanako Itou - Find the Blue (Short Ver.) [Di-CTB]
  4. KOTOKO - Wing my Way [Hell-Jumping CTB]
  5. Shounen Radio - neu (Long Version) [CLSWTB Extra]
Going to mod all asap.
Faust
That Akira Yamaoka map isn't bad.

It's not focused solely on silly JUMPJUMPJUMP movements that is.
Serval

Faust wrote:

That Akira Yamaoka map isn't bad.

It's not focused solely on silly JUMPJUMPJUMP movements that is.

Get back to AR6 dude, tia.

Also, the map you linked as a "not solely focused on silly jump" has the silliest jumps ever. Bugged jumps. Those one are not the worse bugged jumps cause, you can catch them. But still, it's a pattern that doesn't follow rules. But I guess since it's AR8, you can read it so you're happy.

It's probably not the greatest CTB Diff ever. But I know a lot of good players who love it.

Maybe you're a too old CTB player to appreciate the new maps like that?...
Faust
I felt the pace of the map was appropriate, sure the spacing was perhaps a tad large, but it wasn't excessive to the point of trying too hard to make it feel just "jumpy".

It's especially hard to have much ground-level standards for CtB especially when you try to map for the specific mode solely.
I honestly feel the usual conversion from osu! standard to CtB mode is already all that is needed, so when I go see some CtB maps that just look like they're just made to test how fast I can press my shift button/reflexes it simply downs the whole experience.

I wouldn't use a word such as "terrible" to describe them though, because I realize it's not quite easy. How they play isn't really the issue.

What are we to look for in a "CtB" diff?
What are you looking forward to play?
Surely we have more flexibility in the manipulation of spacing in regards to particular song.

My liking of that map has absolutely nothing to do with me being an older generation player, by the way. I'm not offended or anything.
I myself am a mapper, not to mention I also mod.

Discussion is welcome.
ZHSteven
Are you saying the same map as Faust?
I am the 1st one to mod that map, I can only see 1 bug jump.
I already told the mapper to fix.

Also, personally I like that map.

Edit: Oh, I remembered..that part initially dont have bug jump, but I want the mapper to map that map jumpy, and he(she) make it bug...
My fault...
Faust
Lol..
Serval
Most of popular maps in CTB are AR9. The conversion in CTB is not worse as it is in Taiko. True.

But still, we have hyperdashes. I see hyperdashes as a way of increasing area of playing, to impress a rythm, to make a better flow. It's something you can't do with conversion cause maps with that sort of patterns are : Unplayable or just utterly ugly.

The hyperdashes must be use carefully, it must make sense, but also, in a CTB map, you should have hyperdash, even in a quiet song.

For me, an hyperdash is NOT a jump since you'll almost always catch the next fruit. Hyperdashes should be use to add creativity, flow and such, but it should not be spammed.

A CTB map without hyperdash is, for me, just like a Taiko map without any Kat. Hyperdashes are something that is specific in CTB, we should use it.

Maybe you don't like actuals maps (it's your opinion) but I think the community, or should I say, guys that wanted CTB map ranked in first place wants maps like that. And, like in STD, we can have different mapping styles. And, yes, for me a CTB map should have a lot of horizontal notes.

Having some patterns that are not really horizontals are fine, it allows players to rest. But honestly, you probably know better than me how the CTB was considered for a long time. It has to do with the conversion and standard maps.

I've started CTB "recently" (December 2011) but it took me what, 5 days to FC some insanes? Most people consider the CTB as an easy mini game inside osu!.

While it's true when you play standard maps, it is not when you play CTB maps. I think that if CTB players wanted to have CTB diff, it's also to have more challenge when playing maps that are tailored for the CTB, not for the standard, giving us the opportunity to rise our skills on map that are ranked, to have something interesting to play.

Well, it's just my opinion. We should stop to speak here, this is not an appropriate place for discussions.

Instead we can go here => Catch the Beat Rules/Guidelines Discussion Thread
Topic Starter
Deif
Keep this thread on-topic, guys.

Rearranged OP post to give higher priority to some maps. Hope it's alright.
Drafura
Modded.

Ara Potato - Skype x Can Can I'll mod it when zhsteven mod is applied since it's a pretty long mod.
Hatsune Miku - Venus di Ujung Jari I'll mod it when finished. (If you need advices for it feel free to mp me.)
KOTOKO - Wing my Way [Hell-Jumping CTB] Link down
Shounen Radio - neu (Long Version) [CLSWTB Extra] Link down
Miyamura Yuuko - It's Only the Fairy Tale I'll mod it asap.

Oh and please don't start a war here... afaik the CtB community enjoyed the first CtB diff ranked, the thing is it was an Insane and the map you linked is a hard/normal diff. And yes the Insanes have to be kinda tricky (I don't say absurdly tricky, just tricky... and that's why we mod...). I hope this discution is over here... Cause this thread is for modding and nothing else.
Topic Starter
Deif
The link to Steven's map is fixed. About neu, Spectator has removed the diff from the mapset. That's why it's not included anymore in Pending.
Drafura
Modded.

Hatsune Miku - Venus di Ujung Jari Can you change the section of this map ? this isn't finished.
KOTOKO - Wing my Way Modding asap.
ZHSteven
OK I think I have finished all the maps.....
Maybe I will disappear for several weeks.. For completing my Final year project..
So good luck to everyone~
Topic Starter
Deif
Updated. Good luck, Steven!
Drafura

ZHSteven wrote:

OK I think I have finished all the maps.....
Maybe I will disappear for several weeks.. For completing my Final year project..
So good luck to everyone~
Good luck and thx for the mod :)
arien666
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47265

urane made something again
orz

meow :3
eldnl
Needs someone else to the collab, send me a pm if you want http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45744

btw, why this is not stickie?? :|
ursa
For Ranked Diff :)
Mr. Saturn - Saturn
Revengexsoyah
Nice iniciative
i started to give ctb modding, so if u need some, send me pm in forum

Bye
Drafura

Revengexsoyah wrote:

Nice iniciative
i started to give ctb modding, so if u need some, send me pm in forum

Bye
Everybody who unerstand the ctb rules/guidelines can join the modding queue, just pick some maps in the op post, mod them and report here to help Deif to keep the op post up to date.
Topic Starter
Deif
Moar: Megurine Luka - RIP=RELEASE (Short Ver.)

@Modders: Do as Drafura said :p (though I'll try to double-check the active maps every time I update the OP post).

EDIT: Adding this one as well by request of the mapper: Funta - Wake Up Angel (TV Size). Watch out! There are 2 diffs this time.
Kurokami
I want to be a modder but I'm still not too good. I want to improve a bit and then count me as a modder. ^^
ursa
Specator's CTB diff for approved : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47710 :)

also there's some beatmap that i found in graveyard that maked for CTB diff ( but it not editted) :(
t/47682

also there are so many beatmap with CTB diff but not tagged as CTB when searching :(
Kurokami
One modder on my map wanted from me to take out the "ctb" tag. ._. Stupid mod. :D Well, the "ctb" is already in the diff name, but...
Mercurial
sakuzyo - Delusionist

Hi Team :D

My first finished CtB Diff :)

If anyone could mod it, I'll be very happy n.n

Anyway, maybe I could back to the modding team soon :)
Topic Starter
Deif
Done ^
Devil Cosmo
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/36946 <-- CTB-Hard- has already re-mapped. also added CTB-Insane- for Collab (if you are interested :D)
show more