forum

Whenever I use this background, my spinner design changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riukiteru
So, I wanted to create a skin based on Sayori from Doki Doki Literature Club.
Since I'm new to Photoshop and Osu! (3 months*) I wanted to improve on both, creating a skin based from another skin (The Doki Doki Literature Club skin by TooFastDan) and do some edits, use some other images, etc.
The Skinning Process was basically going fabulous until today: I finished alll the Spinner's customizations I wanted to use, but the background was left. So I went on Internet, got a photo, edited it (making this photo which is the background of the spinner) and made the photos 1366x768 pixels.
I dropped the 2 background photos (the basic one and the @2x one) in the skin folder and I went to check if everrything was fine. Unfortunately, it wasn't.
Whenever the 2 photos are in the folder of the skin, the Spinner that I edited changes into a red and yellow one ( which I think it's the basic one, not sure though) and ONY like that the photo appears and it's placed in the right location (I say only because I tried to place the edited photo when it was 512x567 pixels, but evverytime the photo went behind the spinner at the center and not in the right location, which is in the lower right corner).
I have to let you know that my spinner is called "spinner-top" and "spinner-top@2x".
I hope that someone reads this Post and helps me.
Here are the photos of my work that has problems (without including the 512x567 pixels background photo):

This is my Spinner whenever I am not using the spinner-background photos (basic and @2x);

This is my Spinner whenever the 2 Spinner-background photos are inside the skin folder: as you can see, the one that I created and should be using is not "functioning" and it changes to an other spinner.

I pray to the Gods of Osu! for help. :(
h3oCharles
spinner-circle

also, TooFastDan was here
Topic Starter
Riukiteru

h3oCharles wrote:

spinner-circle

also, TooFastDan was here
Thank you so much! I changed the name of the Spinner and now it works normally! :3
:) :) :) :) :) :)
HoshiBuraito
i want a sayori spinner too but i didnt know how to make, can you pass me your reference?
RockRoller

HoshiBuraito wrote:

i want a sayori spinner too but i didnt know how to make, can you pass me your reference?
The best thing you can do is to look at other skins and the skinnable files spreadsheet, there is no tutorial for spinners (yet),
Also, please dont bump 3 year old posts for help but make your own thread instead.