forum

I'm going to level with the beatmap designers.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cahyono29
Play more
Green Platinum
Can't pander to everybody. Besides if you stick around for any reasonable amount of time anything less than insane will be completely worthless to you for over 95% of your time playing.
Kondou-Shinichi
hey atleast you posted on the right forum!
ColdTooth

Momiji wrote:

did you ever think that people might be mapping for fun and boring themselves to death by mapping something they don't like/want to map just so people who have played the game for like 1 - 30 days can play their lifeless and forced diff is a moderate sacrifice with minor benefit?

I mean you will get stuff like that sometimes, minor annoyances all over the place, but i think a few hundred thousand normal diffs is sufficient to allow people to progress, they might be annoyed that a song they like doesn't have a normal (really imagine playing this game for 3 years and being annoyed about that for like 20 days lol, what a big deal)

but... you will never play the last normal in existence, let's say number #312,648 and be like "where the frick are my normals"

Also off beat maps, you might just be thinking about semi-weird maps that are not mapped to the primary/dominant beat I would say... Otherwise offset allows you to compensate for everything, easy.
this hits me so hard
Serraionga

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Stefan

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Aside of that, since the majority rather interest to play stuff they can't properly play a la 8* diffs but getting B because THAT IS SKILL you unlikely will reach a lot of agreements with your posts. I however agree that mapping Easy difficulties aren't much of a deal, people are just too lazy to be bothered about a fair spread. But convincing the mapping community in standard is an impossible game.
DaddyCoolVipper

Momiji wrote:

did you ever think that people might be mapping for fun and boring themselves to death by mapping something they don't like/want to map just so people who have played the game for like 1 - 30 days can play their lifeless and forced diff is a moderate sacrifice with minor benefit?

I mean you will get stuff like that sometimes, minor annoyances all over the place, but i think a few hundred thousand normal diffs is sufficient to allow people to progress, they might be annoyed that a song they like doesn't have a normal (really imagine playing this game for 3 years and being annoyed about that for like 20 days lol, what a big deal)

but... you will never play the last normal in existence, let's say number #312,648 and be like "where the frick are my normals"

Also off beat maps, you might just be thinking about semi-weird maps that are not mapped to the primary/dominant beat I would say... Otherwise offset allows you to compensate for everything, easy.

bless you momiji
ColdTooth
A red bag conceals a box filled with 157 gems. The box is then placed inside a truck where it bounces up and down. How many gems survive the trip if it lasts for 2.85 hours, and if the road's bumpyness is at a 26%?
abraker

ColdTooth wrote:

A red bag conceals a box filled with 157 gems. The box is then placed inside a truck where it bounces up and down. How many gems survive the trip if it lasts for 2.85 hours, and if the road's bumpyness is at a 26%?
none. if there was a gem remaining, it's not this joke of a post
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

none. if there was a gem remaining, it's not this joke of a post
Incorrect, it would be a mininum of 0.5 because some of the gems broke apart and went missing.

That, and there wasn't a bag.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
holy shit this is the best meme
abraker

ColdTooth wrote:

Incorrect, it would be a mininum of 0.5 because some of the gems broke apart and went missing.

can't be 0.5. That's more than what this joke is allowed to carry.

And this joke carries shit
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

can't be 0.5. That's more than what this joke is allowed to carry.

And this joke carries shit
Well, I'm sorry that you don't seem to understand the logical standpoint of this mathematical equation. When there is a box that is not wrapped on tightly so it can secure the gems, it's going to go flying, and cause massive shatters to the whole place and possibly wreck the truck's rear aswell. I use 0.01 for each fragment of a single gem (1), and well, some of the pieces went flying, due to it not being strapped on properly. So let's now make this math problem slightly easier for us to understand.

Let's assume that g = 0.01.

I mentioned there was a red bag earlier in the problem, but did it go on the box in the truck ride? The answer is no because we took the BOX, not the bag. The bag wasn't even wrapped around the box to begin with, our brains were misleading us to that the bag was part of the box, and here we are with this unwanted mess of shiny objects, so many infact that a random gold digger would be exploding right now with excitement while causing an avalanche on his buddies inside of a cave.

Right, forget that last part, not part of the problem. I mentioned that the total minimum of total gems was 0.5, so there would be a total of 50 fragments, right, if g = 0.01? Well, we're also forgetting a large part of our problem, that really can affect our answer.

Bumpyness of the road.

A few posts ago I threw out that the bumpyness on the way to the destination was at 26%. I know, truck drivers taking the strangest of roads, probably should be fired for even taking this precious cargo and murdering it. But let's assume that this is a veteran driver, probably should know better, and knows how to drive carefully and efficiently. You're probably thinking that we would have to divide, or multiply the 26% with 0.5. While you might be right, there's just one little issue. We're going to split the problem into two separate problems to understand this more clearly.

First let's take 0.01 times 26. Well, that's 0.26, and then, let's take 0.5 times 26. That's 13. We're going to add these two together, 13 plus 0.26, and get 13.26, this number will become totally important later, just bear with me. Now, we're going to take the percent of the bumpyness, and divide it 0.5. This becomes 52, which will be important aswell, just stay with me. We're going to take 52 and subtract this by the minimum fragments we think the possible answer is, which would be 50. This answer becomes 2.

Next we're going to take that number and plug it into a new equation, the bumpyness of the road affecting the said gems. The total gem count was 157, therefore we will be taking this number, and dividing it by 2. But how many times are we going to do this? Let's find out. The total drive to the location took 2.85 hours, that's 171 minutes if you're wondering, long drive, probably drove a state or two, or half a state if we're talking about Texas. So let's take 171, and subtract 157, this answer becomes 14. So we will be dividing 157 by 2, 14 times, which is a really small number, but bigger than the average brain cell count of a SJW.

I did the math for you, so you don't have to suffer. The answer is 0.00958251953. Let's just.. use the first two numbers that isn't a 0. This will then be rounded to 0.0096. You're probably wondering where this number is going to be used in any of the math problems we have listed. And that's a great thought, I'm glad you are thinking, however I just wasted your time because this information doesn't have to do with the actual problem itself, and so the answer is 0.5, or just 50 fragments.
abraker
ok coldtooth wins again

I got nothing
Green Platinum
Is a 100% bumpy road just an elevated flat road?
ColdTooth

Green Platinum wrote:

Is a 100% bumpy road just an elevated flat road?
Asking the real question here. I don't even know that for myself. I guess 50% is the most bumpy.
abraker
ok hold up. There is no way that the road was not bumpy and just bumpy. What about curved bumpy, slanted bumpy, and how bumpy wheels are.
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

ok hold up. There is no way that the road was not bumpy and just bumpy. What about curved bumpy, slanted bumpy, and how bumpy wheels are.
So essentially this is what I came up with. After about 83 seconds of math...

Curved Bumpy % = Angle of the curve divided by circumference

Slanted Bumpy % = Angle of the slant divided by the length of the bump

Bumpy wheel % = Circumference times radius(pi) divided by amount of air pressure in said wheel
abraker
air pressure is dependent on temperature

at coldtooth degrees, that's like near vacuum
Softwarm
You're going to be hard up for maps of most songs in general, why do you think you'd find maps of the songs you liked? Why not map songs that you like as an easy/normal diff for yourself, that's how most people deal with this problem.
YawaH

Brisk Clarity wrote:

Why not map songs that you like as an easy/normal diff for yourself, that's how most people deal with this problem.
Doubt
Softwarm
Okay, that's probably the most optimal way of dealing with the problem, not the most popular way.
fat pear
just start mapping and u will never worry about not being able to play
abraker

microism wrote:

just start mapping and u will never worry about not being able to play
I started mapping. Still play. 3/10
_handholding
every map that's being pushed for ranked nowadays seems to do a really shit job at making lower diffs.

Thankfully most ppl listen to me when I tell them to make changes but I occasionally get that 1 guy who "learned how to map easy diffs yesterday" then explain to me how they know more about mapping than I do
Tae
easy diffs are all we need
ColdTooth
I've made a good amount of easy/normal guest difficulties in the past, and I really have to say that today's easy maps aren't good in quality because mappers grabs 19 other mappers to map 84 extra diffs and 1 easy/normal/hard diff
_handholding

ColdTooth wrote:

I've made a good amount of easy/normal guest difficulties in the past, and I really have to say that today's easy maps aren't good in quality because mappers grabs 19 other mappers to map 84 extra diffs and 1 easy/normal/hard diff
It's not because of that. Objectively it shouldn't matter if a diff was GD'd or not. The fact is many trash mappers don't understand how lower diffs work or what makes them beginner friendly and are filled with all these erroneous facts. Then they redwall all the effort you put into trying to sway their deluded as fuck minds because they're past the point of no return
Stefan

Kisses wrote:

It's not because of that. Objectively it shouldn't matter if a diff was GD'd or not. The fact is many trash mappers don't understand how lower diffs work or what makes them beginner friendly and are filled with all these erroneous facts. Then they redwall all the effort you put into trying to sway their deluded as fuck minds because they're past the point of no return
bless this post
Endaris

Kisses wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

The actual sad thing is that these people don't even seem to be that rare among BNs either.
I've once modded a Normal diff that a BN had called "good" on his mod before mine and after my mod the mapper fully agreed with my arguments as for why the majority of the difficulty should be remapped.