forum

Official Beatmapping Contest #1

posted
Total Posts
show more
Saturos
I finished judging everything Sunday night, but apparently I'm the only one to have done that yet. >>
Metalik
Where is results?
James
i ate them all not yet done
Metalik
Where is results?
Zerostarry

Metalik wrote:

Where is results?
Judges arent finished
James
Okay, here are the results...

kidding. :P
Topic Starter
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
Who's not done? peppy is. =P
Saturos
Tapdancing. ;x

Gogogogo~
Tapdancingmetroid
I've got four more.
I'll try to finish ASAP.
Though I've got some homework to finish, among other things... :cry:
Hopefully I'll finish by today or tomorow :oops:
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Man you guys judge sloooooow.

BUNCHA NUBS

j/k

Still can't wait to see who won~
Tapdancingmetroid
Yay I finished judging. :D
Ekaru
Now we just need Echo!

*echoes*

...Ah poo. Hopefully he'll get on... in a week or so.
awp
Word from the wise:

When Hito says j/k she doesn't mean "I'm just kidding" - she just doesn't want you to feel badly about what she thinks. And you shouldn't~
James
lukewarmholiday

James wrote:

awp wrote:

Word from the wise:

When Hito says j/k she doesn't mean "I'm just kidding" - she just doesn't want you to feel badly about what she thinks. And you shouldn't~
Topic Starter
Echo
YoshiKart
Ekaru
What? My slider clusterfuck on JP Normal didn't win? *gasp*

All sarcasm aside, awp's entries are fun as heck. The contest was nice, not to mention nice song choices.

Do another one. I want to submit a real entry, now that I can actually map something that's not a clusterfuck!

Let's see how my predictions went:

1. In the English category, awp would do well.

We all know how that went...

2. Pokebis would take the Japanese Normal category

Goddammit, so close.

3. Someone that's well known would take Japanese Hard

Oh shoot, that one's right too.

4. I wouldn't place, since I was aiming for a really low placing.

Oh shoot again.

5. The judging would take a while.

OH SHOOT.
---------------------
*prays there's a next one*

And congrats to the winners for winning. And congrats for the people that didn't place for getting the courage to spend time and submitting and entry. :)

...-100 points if you hinted that you were a first timer in your entry, for obvious reasons. :D Although two people I don't know much did take some 3rds. Super congrats to you guys for getting a good place. NOW MAP SOME MORE. <_<; *Ahem* I mean, map more please. I wanna see more from you two. ;)
silasw
Sweet.
m980
Holy crap. I didn't expect my map to be 2nd place..

I thought it wasn't all that great..

But Congrats to Awp.

When will we be able to see the other people's maps?
James
Japanese [Normal]
silasw (48)
Pokebis (46)
Gladi (43)

dood silasw i rooted for you and you won, awesome
Mogsy
awp
YoshiKart

m980 wrote:

When will we be able to see the other people's maps?
Oh, crap, don't look at mine. Japanese - Hard was the only one that I tried hard on. =/
Saturos

awp wrote:

though I imagine if Rolled had chosen to enter I might not have walked away with both Golds.
The songs weren't gay enough for Rolled to map.
LuigiHann

Saturos wrote:

awp wrote:

though I imagine if Rolled had chosen to enter I might not have walked away with both Golds.
I dunno the English one was pretty close
Saturos
Just goes to show how gay a song has to be.
awp
Rolled's actually mapping something not gay for a change. Maybe it's his Thank You for my kickass mapping of his request.
GladiOol
Wtf I got thirth on a map? Back then I didn't even know there was an 'Alt' Button where you have distance spacing.. Oo
The whole spacing of it is fkud up for sure xd
Rolled

Saturos wrote:

awp wrote:

qft
eee
Saturos
YoshiKart

Echo wrote:

Here are the results. A results page will be up soon (ie. 2-3 weeks unless peppy does it) so you can view all the judges' comments and the individual scores given by each judge.
I think that's what he means.
Saturos
A month 1/2 later?

It's fine.

/me renames 'Page 7' to 'Results Page (7)'
awp
hi Ghosty McGhost what's up this fine evening
Topic Starter
Echo
Late Christmas prezzy to all

http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=results
Ekaru
The winners had some pretty good beatmaps. <3 Worth the wait.

*reads judges comments* *looks at map* Yeah, that sounds about right.

Note to self: Don't make hard-to-read-clusterfucks
Note to self 2: Don't make what is essentially a Hard, then try to change it into a Normal.
Note to self 3: Don't use so many goddam Etna sliders

Yeah, I think that covers it... Then again, there's probably a reason that I don't make maps like that anymore, but I apologize for any headaches caused by my entry.

P.S. Start working on another contest, please. This contest worked well IMO. (I'd probably do better if there was a second one, too, now that I know what the hell I'm doing. :P Or at least I wouldn't confuse the judges [I hope]). I know what you could call it too:

"Official Beatmapping Contest #2" <-- Sounds like a good title. Although if you DO do another one, you may have to put in big letters, "YOU MUST MAP THE SONGS CHOSEN - DO NOT GO AHEAD AND MAP A SONG THAT IS NOT CHOSEN AND SUBMIT THAT AS AN ENTRY - IT DOESN'T WORK". Sure, it may seem like common sense, but... <_<;

In the end, though I like the results page. Thanks! It was worth the wait.

P.S.S. This post is longer than intended. Oops.
Starrodkirby86
This is a great results page. I love it. I hope to see another contest like what Ekaru said...looking forward to ruining my hopes and optimism of winning making a good stab at beatmapping. Though there's not really any new breaks with those lines, kind of like what Word Wrap on Notepad does to its text, hm...

Makes it a very annoying read at times.
show more