1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
ello

SPOILER
00:41:986 (5,1) - not parallel x.x

00:53:669 - add a note here will be better , slow down the music and listen closely , there is a beat there

01:03:765 (7,8,9) - kinda spiky


01:04:558 (8,9) - same here

01:27:563 (3,4) - since they are the same sound there is no need to be different

01:39:294 (4,5) - spikeyyy

01:41:313 (1,2,3,4,5) - could have made this more rounder

01:49:486 - Maybe add a slider here

02:11:678 (3,4) - sliders not parallel looks weird

02:18:042 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - could make this more round (02:41:315 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this too)

03:22:133 (4,5) - off the play field xd

03:52:926 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make this more round please

04:38:965 (1) - can be placed a bit more towards the right

04:40:420 (1,2,3) - maybe change it to this since the music from the back already came to the front , listen closely and u'll get what I mean


05:46:511 (8) - misplace or on purpose


anyways this is a fun tech map ^.^ , Good luck!~
posted

- Matha - wrote:

ello

SPOILER
00:41:986 (5,1) - not parallel x.x

00:53:669 - add a note here will be better , slow down the music and listen closely , there is a beat there

01:03:765 (7,8,9) - kinda spiky


01:04:558 (8,9) - same here

01:27:563 (3,4) - since they are the same sound there is no need to be different

01:39:294 (4,5) - spikeyyy

01:41:313 (1,2,3,4,5) - could have made this more rounder

01:49:486 - Maybe add a slider here

02:11:678 (3,4) - sliders not parallel looks weird

02:18:042 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - could make this more round (02:41:315 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this too)

03:22:133 (4,5) - off the play field xd

03:52:926 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make this more round please

04:38:965 (1) - can be placed a bit more towards the right

04:40:420 (1,2,3) - maybe change it to this since the music from the back already came to the front , listen closely and u'll get what I mean


05:46:511 (8) - misplace or on purpose


anyways this is a fun tech map ^.^ , Good luck!~
I had nothing to disagree with this mod as I fix/change everything as much as I could

- Forgive but this is the first time I heard someone call my map this - What is a tech map? Also thank you (so fast lol)
posted

DJ Lucky wrote:

- Forgive but this is the first time I heard someone call my map this - What is a tech map? Also thank you (so fast lol)
actually it means technical map
so a tech map is a technical map lo
posted

My Angel Kanan wrote:

DJ Lucky wrote:

- Forgive but this is the first time I heard someone call my map this - What is a tech map? Also thank you (so fast lol)
actually it means technical map
so a tech map is a technical map lo
Well I figure it was shorten for something and u didn't answer my question... - anyways I already found out on #modhelp

Man thought I had a mod - don't disappoint me like that :cry:
posted

DJ Lucky wrote:

Well I figure it was shorten for something and u didn't answer my question... - anyways I already found out on #modhelp

Man thought I had a mod - don't disappoint me like that :cry:
okay.

00:31:025 (1,2) - This don't like nice with how they are curved imo
00:33:332 (1,2) - ^
00:35:640 (1,2) - ^
00:50:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - maybe lower it a bit? the spacing is kinda huge imo ( I mean the jump from 00:50:496 (8) - to 00:50:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - )
01:56:042 (1) - this should have more emphasis imo. the snare is kinda the same strong as the drum on 01:55:860 (4) -
01:56:224 (2) - this shape would fit better here 01:56:405 (3) - imo
03:54:512 (1,2) - not stacked correctly

I can't play this properly lo
but imo the slidershape should be better would be better aestheticely imo
short mod sorry but this is basically a stream map and I can't mod them b:
gl with it tho
posted

My Angel Kanan wrote:

DJ Lucky wrote:

Well I figure it was shorten for something and u didn't answer my question... - anyways I already found out on #modhelp

Man thought I had a mod - don't disappoint me like that :cry:
okay.

00:31:025 (1,2) - This don't like nice with how they are curved imo change
00:33:332 (1,2) - ^ change
00:35:640 (1,2) - ^ change
00:50:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - maybe lower it a bit? the spacing is kinda huge imo ( I mean the jump from 00:50:496 (8) - to 00:50:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ) I'm gonna give this part consistent spacing rather than gradually the spacing be higher since I realize it didn't make much sense
01:56:042 (1) - this should have more emphasis imo. the snare is kinda the same strong as the drum on 01:55:860 (4) - move it around slightly - might change furthe
01:56:224 (2) - this shape would fit better here 01:56:405 (3) - imo didn't do nothing
03:54:512 (1,2) - not stacked correctly fix

I can't play this properly lo
but imo the slidershape should be better would be better aestheticely imo
short mod sorry but this is basically a stream map and I can't mod them b:
gl with it tho
I hear u on the aesthetics - I'm currently going over the kiai parts and make them more appealing cause I myself don't like it as it is

Thanks for the mod :)
posted
00:49:486 (1,2) - I would make a small jump here to follow the guitar
00:53:092 (2) - Making this a 1/4 slider would fit better and make 00:53:380 (1) - easier to read because jumping on a blue tick is weird
00:53:380 (1,2) - Put the jump on the white tick to follow the guitar
00:54:101 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Maybe change stream shape to follow guitar
00:57:563 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Move the second combo so that (1) is at the on the vertex
01:16:746 (6) - Change this so that there's something clickable on the snare
01:35:640 (1,2,3) - Use a repeat slider here to let the player know it's a 1/3 stream
01:35:640 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Try mapping this section in groups of 3 or 6 notes instead. Put the emphasis on the red and white ticks. At 01:35:928 (4,1) - you emphasize the 1/6 before the white tick by having a jump. This goes for the entire section
01:37:563 (1) - Map something clickable on the snare drum
01:55:315 (1,2,3,4) - For this whole section, use the vocals to decide whether to use circles or sliders. I would use sliders on notes the vocals emphasize. Also, don't be afraid to not map some of the 1/4ths because there are times I think a longer slider would fit better.
01:55:315 (1,2,3,4) - Try using spacing or rhythm to emphasize the snare drum throughout this section
02:06:951 (1,2,3,4) - Same for this section but with the cymbal on the big white tick
03:28:405 (1,2) - Make this a slider because it's really hard to tell it's a 3/4 jump while playing

The song repeats sections from here so just apply the same ideas to the rest of it.
posted
Hi!

From my modding queue

Extra
If you're going to do 1/8 streams, just set your bpm to 208.

Your stacking isn't exactly consistent.
00:37:082 (4,5) - This is a 1/2 space.
00:44:294 (1,2) - This is a 1/4 space.
The one with a NC and short slider is fine since it's visually different.

00:59:438 (1) - There's nothing to emphasize here, so why a jump?

01:01:746 (1) - ^

01:02:900 (1) - ^

01:03:332 (1) - ^

01:04:053 (1) - ^

You probably get it.

01:55:232 (5,1) - Space this closer, like the stream.

02:03:678 (3,4,5) - Not equally spaced.

02:06:860 (6,1) - Space closer.

02:17:405 (1) - There's no reason to put this. If you don't put this, the vocals would be more emphasized.

02:35:951 (6,1) - Space this a bit closer.

02:36:587 (4) - Less curve?

02:40:678 (1) - Same as the emphasis thing.

02:41:769 (6,1) - This jump is a bit unreasonable.

03:23:860 (4) - This doesn't have to be like this...

Okay... for the fast slider parts in general, it's be nice to put a pattern.
Like curved for whatever that main sound is, straight for overmaps... etc.

04:43:329 (1,2,3) - Equal spacing?

05:04:874 (6,7,8,9,10) - Make it more gradual.

05:10:238 (1) - Make this slanted? It would fit with the pattern so far.

05:35:147 (2) - Less curve?


It's a really nice map! :D
posted

Cactipiller wrote:

00:49:486 (1,2) - I would make a small jump here to follow the guitar
00:53:092 (2) - Making this a 1/4 slider would fit better and make 00:53:380 (1) - easier to read because jumping on a blue tick is weird
00:53:380 (1,2) - Put the jump on the white tick to follow the guitar
00:54:101 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Maybe change stream shape to follow guitar
00:57:563 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Move the second combo so that (1) is at the on the vertex
01:16:746 (6) - Change this so that there's something clickable on the snare kept the same for now until I come up with something - didn't actually notice it until now
01:35:640 (1,2,3) - Use a repeat slider here to let the player know it's a 1/3 stream meh I rather not do this for personally reasons
01:35:640 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Try mapping this section in groups of 3 or 6 notes instead. Put the emphasis on the red and white ticks. At 01:35:928 (4,1) - you emphasize the 1/6 before the white tick by having a jump. This goes for the entire section ok I got confused what u mean by this so if u clarify more I might change it if it make sense
01:37:563 (1) - Map something clickable on the snare drum this part I would rather just keep simple with a slider
01:55:315 (1,2,3,4) - For this whole section, use the vocals to decide whether to use circles or sliders. I would use sliders on notes the vocals emphasize. Also, don't be afraid to not map some of the 1/4ths because there are times I think a longer slider would fit better. I personally would rather keep it the same on this whole section - the long sliders are good and all but I tend to avoid it in this song because I felt like I would use them the wrong way and it will lose more emphasis in the song If I attempt and fail but that is not the main reason - I do have attention of changing the rhythm slightly to make more sense but I am more than likely going to keep the rhythem similar as it is as I think it works just fine without be blatantly plain
01:55:315 (1,2,3,4) - Try using spacing or rhythm to emphasize the snare drum throughout this section me personally I think the spacing is fine as it is - Not saying I am not going to change the spacing but it won't be major
02:06:951 (1,2,3,4) - Same for this section but with the cymbal on the big white tick tbh I thought I had already put emphasis on this...
03:28:405 (1,2) - Make this a slider because it's really hard to tell it's a 3/4 jump while playing change - it might feel awkward now but that cause I wasn't plaining on having it like this

The song repeats sections from here so just apply the same ideas to the rest of it.
Sorry majority of this I denied and even the stuff I didn't replied to - Not saying I won't look at ur mod and consider any changes so don't be mad at me please :(

Also thank you

Crypthesis wrote:

Hi!

From my modding queue

Extra
If you're going to do 1/8 streams, just set your bpm to 208. Is there really a point to this? Sorry it just that if the streams is going to play the exact same regardless if I use 1/8 on 104 bpm or 1/4 on 208 - I see no absolutely no point

Your stacking isn't exactly consistent.
00:37:082 (4,5) - This is a 1/2 space.
00:44:294 (1,2) - This is a 1/4 space.
The one with a NC and short slider is fine since it's visually different.

00:59:438 (1) - There's nothing to emphasize here, so why a jump? I wasn't really trying to make jumps - I can however reduce the spacing slightly so it make more sense

01:01:746 (1) - ^

01:02:900 (1) - ^

01:03:332 (1) - ^

01:04:053 (1) - ^

You probably get it.

01:55:232 (5,1) - Space this closer, like the stream. done

02:03:678 (3,4,5) - Not equally spaced. fix

02:06:860 (6,1) - Space closer. done

02:17:405 (1) - There's no reason to put this. If you don't put this, the vocals would be more emphasized. Meh I get more opinons on this before changing however I agree to an extend so I will probably end up getting rid of it

02:35:951 (6,1) - Space this a bit closer. done

02:36:587 (4) - Less curve? change a bit

02:40:678 (1) - Same as the emphasis thing. same answer as before

02:41:769 (6,1) - This jump is a bit unreasonable. Agree and sorta don't - I wanted it be clear that this stream is different from the other stream as they are both covering different sounds - I will however reduce the spacing a bit

03:23:860 (4) - This doesn't have to be like this... this has been change before u mention it - didn't update map yet

Okay... for the fast slider parts in general, it's be nice to put a pattern.
Like curved for whatever that main sound is, straight for overmaps... etc.

04:43:329 (1,2,3) - Equal spacing? fix i think

05:04:874 (6,7,8,9,10) - Make it more gradual. change slightly

05:10:238 (1) - Make this slanted? It would fit with the pattern so far. change

05:35:147 (2) - Less curve? I didn't really move that much but slightly


It's a really nice map! :D
thanks for the mod - some of ur points I already change due to never updating but majority I didn't until now



If my grammar seems off blame that for reading manga in the middle of the night knowing I need sleep haha
posted
enemy of fingers
00:53:380 (1) - whats this mapped to? guitar "double" sound starts at next white tick 00:53:525 (2) - Shouldn't pairing be 00:52:948 (1,2) - and 00:53:525 (2,1) -?

I didn't like this section too much, felt like it ignored song 00:54:101 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Because:
Guitar riff starts at 00:54:390 (1) - and lasts until 00:55:111 (6) - then you get vocals + different guitar note at 00:55:255 (1,2) -
You started patterning at 00:54:101 (1) - strong guitar sound and again at another similar guitar sound 00:55:255 (1) - which also make sense but i feel like guitar is the main instrument at this section and patterning should be based on that instead. So it would go something like double stack + 6 stream guitar then double stack + stream again, basically strong sound being seperated from guitar riff.

This is ugly 02:22:951 (1) -

Not sure of rhythm followed here 02:42:769 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - it sounds overmapped because singer takes a break after 02:42:951 (3) - and there is some other instrument doing funky tune on background. Rhythm wise i would see something like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8753327 working better to follow whatever-funky-instrument + singer rather than just map a stream there.

There is silence mapped as stream here too 02:44:224 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
Maybe have a small pause again when singer takes one at 02:44:496 (5) - ?

Singer pronounces words more clearly at 02:44:769 (1) - and 02:45:133 (5) - which wasn't really reflected on map by either patterning or rhythm. Maybe change to sliders https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8753392 or tweak stream a bit?.

03:54:512 (1) - What's this mapped to? Same as first point i mentioned. Same what i wrote on 2nd to section right after.


From my queue
posted

Amaikai wrote:

enemy of fingers
00:53:380 (1) - whats this mapped to? guitar "double" sound starts at next white tick 00:53:525 (2) - Shouldn't pairing be 00:52:948 (1,2) - and 00:53:525 (2,1) -? Mistakes happen - I went ahead and change this

I didn't like this section too much, felt like it ignored song 00:54:101 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Because:
Guitar riff starts at 00:54:390 (1) - and lasts until 00:55:111 (6) - then you get vocals + different guitar note at 00:55:255 (1,2) -
You started patterning at 00:54:101 (1) - strong guitar sound and again at another similar guitar sound 00:55:255 (1) - which also make sense but i feel like guitar is the main instrument at this section and patterning should be based on that instead. So it would go something like double stack + 6 stream guitar then double stack + stream again, basically strong sound being seperated from guitar riff. I am keeping this section like it is for now - I might change if I get more suggestions but too me I would rather have it like it is

This is ugly 02:22:951 (1) - Meh I did move it a bit but I didn't do nothing else since I don't really see how this is ugly

Not sure of rhythm followed here 02:42:769 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - it sounds overmapped because singer takes a break after 02:42:951 (3) - and there is some other instrument doing funky tune on background. Rhythm wise i would see something like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8753327 working better to follow whatever-funky-instrument + singer rather than just map a stream there.

There is silence mapped as stream here too 02:44:224 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
Maybe have a small pause again when singer takes one at 02:44:496 (5) - ? the whole stream was really following the piano in the back ground - not that I disagree with u as I change up so it makes more sense - I will work more into after I reduce the slider velocity a bit so it don't feel too awkward

Singer pronounces words more clearly at 02:44:769 (1) - and 02:45:133 (5) - which wasn't really reflected on map by either patterning or rhythm. Maybe change to sliders https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8753392 or tweak stream a bit?. Made the stream more gradual rather than constant

03:54:512 (1) - What's this mapped to? Same as first point i mentioned. Same what i wrote on 2nd to section right after. fix this as it was my bad for not paying attention to this


From my queue
Thanks for the mod
posted
oh shit waddup
Hello, from my queue


Mod is down there.
[General]

- First thing, your background in not compressed. It's really not important but I did it for ya. Here.

- From what I see in the mp3 it's from YouTube. Please note that YouTube does NOT host high quality audio, and this mp3 is UPSCALED. Not a problem, here's a fixed mp3. This will also solve the "Map exceeds 10mb without video" AIMod entry.

- Widescreen Support does not need to be checked unless you have a Storyboard.

- Timing seems weird to me at 01:52:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1) - . Sound great when playing, but not metronome wise.

- Use 1/4 instead of 1/8. If you NEED to use 1/8 it's mostly because you misstimed your map. (BPM is 208 instead of 104 for example).

- Source should be "東方Project ~ Shoot the Bullet"

[Extra]


- You can use a modified name for the Top Difficulty. You're not forced too, but since this is a touhou song, i'm sure you can find something cool :)

- 00:44:438 (2) - Should be snapped on 1/4

- 01:52:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2) - As I said previously, timing is weird. Seems right in play, but not on the metronome side.

- 01:55:315 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Using this kind of "slider hell pattern" as I call them is fine in kiai, but not this fast AFTER a kiai. Using 0.75 sv would be better in my opinion, and resnap slider lenght using the timing setup. (check the box, do the timing point et click ok should resnap the sliders to the new sv)

- 02:54:769 (5,3) - stack

- 03:02:042 (5,2,3) - stack

- 03:19:678 (1,2,3) - doesn't flow really good to be honest

- 03:19:678 (1,3) - stack

- 03:23:133 (4,3) - overlap

- 03:24:042 (1,1) - ^

guess you got what I mean, I won't point out stacks and overlaps further except if you want me to.
(uncheck "Hit Animations" in the View tab in the editor to see the mess that is your map in for stacks and ugly overlaps).

01:55:315 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6) -


Overall, the map has really good slider design and ideas but you use too much SV during the non kiai time I pointed out ^ .The map gets boring and just hard to play consistently. Achieving an FC without missing sliderends is too hard. The base SV is also too high in my opinion, even though this is needed when mapping this style of extra difficulty.
The only thing to change about your map is the speed between the first and second kiai time. After a Kiai time, the speed should decrease significantly after a Kiai and increase progressively.

Hope I helped!


Also, this genre is called J-Rock. I always mod J-Rock touhou songs so you're free to come back to my queue anytime ^^
posted

FruityEnLoops wrote:

oh shit waddup
Hello, from my queue


Mod is down there.
[General]

- First thing, your background in not compressed. It's really not important but I did it for ya. changeHere.

- From what I see in the mp3 it's from YouTube. Please note that YouTube does NOT host high quality audio, and this mp3 is UPSCALED. Not a problem, here's a fixed mp3. This will also solve the "Map exceeds 10mb without video" AIMod entry. change mp3

- Widescreen Support does not need to be checked unless you have a Storyboard. I want there to be a storyboard for this map - but I can't make 1 myself - I keeping this check cause I want lyrics for this song but uncheck if it never happens

- Timing seems weird to me at 01:52:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1) - . Sound great when playing, but not metronome wise.

- Use 1/4 instead of 1/8. If you NEED to use 1/8 it's mostly because you misstimed your map. (BPM is 208 instead of 104 for example). I just went on and change this

- Source should be "東方Project ~ Shoot the Bullet" change

[Extra]


- You can use a modified name for the Top Difficulty. You're not forced too, but since this is a touhou song, i'm sure you can find something cool :)I suck at making difficulty names so I probably just sticking with Extra even though I don't like to call it that

- 00:44:438 (2) - Should be snapped on 1/4 mistake - change

- 01:52:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2) - As I said previously, timing is weird. Seems right in play, but not on the metronome side.

- 01:55:315 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Using this kind of "slider hell pattern" as I call them is fine in kiai, but not this fast AFTER a kiai. Using 0.75 sv would be better in my opinion, and resnap slider lenght using the timing setup. (check the box, do the timing point et click ok should resnap the sliders to the new sv)

- 02:54:769 (5,3) - stack

- 03:02:042 (5,2,3) - stack

- 03:19:678 (1,2,3) - doesn't flow really good to be honest

- 03:19:678 (1,3) - stack

- 03:23:133 (4,3) - overlap

- 03:24:042 (1,1) - ^

guess you got what I mean, I won't point out stacks and overlaps further except if you want me to.
(uncheck "Hit Animations" in the View tab in the editor to see the mess that is your map in for stacks and ugly overlaps). tbh I didn't even remember this exist when I try to fix overlaps... Anyways, I fix (attempt to at least) some overlaps - I'm not going to changes too much since I might end up messing my map up for going to far

01:55:315 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6) -


Overall, the map has really good slider design and ideas but you use too much SV during the non kiai time I pointed out ^ .The map gets boring and just hard to play consistently. Achieving an FC without missing sliderends is too hard. The base SV is also too high in my opinion, even though this is needed when mapping this style of extra difficulty.
The only thing to change about your map is the speed between the first and second kiai time. After a Kiai time, the speed should decrease significantly after a Kiai and increase progressively.

Hope I helped!


Also, this genre is called J-Rock. I always mod J-Rock touhou songs so you're free to come back to my queue anytime ^^
I kind of disagree with changing the SV during non kiai - I will; however, may change the SV for the non kiai from 1.2x to 1.1x but its not gonna be any slower than the base SV.

Consider it is a 6.2* recently made - I will not do anything to the SV just yet until more testplay/mods to have more feedback.

Thanks for the mod

btw I didn't know this was call J-rock - now I know what to use when asking genre lol...
posted
Thanks for applying to my queue!

[Extra]

01:05:495 (5,1) - This change of flow is way too sudden when you calculate the length and speed (1/4) in between the notes.
01:06:215 (9,1) - Same ^^
01:07:802 (5,1) - Same again ^^
And 01:07:948 (1) - 02:59:224 (8,1) - slider velocity is too slow. When the speed and distance between notes are that great and you have too slow of a slider velocity you will slider break almost every time.
01:57:315 (4,1) - 03:19:678 (1,2) - These have a new combo and great distance even though there's no special sound to emphasise.
05:01:874 (3,4) - Distance too small.

02:08:951 (4,1) - Wierd angle on both the slider (4) and the slider-end to the next note (1), when it's that high speed.
02:11:133 (3,1) - Same ^^
02:13:315 (4,1) - Same again (You will probably say "ohh but it's a repeating pattern" well that doesn't make it a good pattern)
02:16:951 (3,1) - Same again again ^^
02:26:769 (2,3) - 02:32:224 (4,1) - 02:33:496 (3,4,1) - 02:36:951 (3,1) - 02:53:678 (2,3) - 02:56:042 (4,1) - 03:20:042 (4,1) - 04:43:147 (4) - 04:52:602 (5,1) - 04:56:784 (4,1) - 05:00:602 (4,1) - 05:29:511 (3,4) - 05:30:056 (2,3) - 05:36:238 (4,1) -

05:35:147 (2) - Probably the first slider I've seen that's different but I can't believe I'm saying this it actually doesn't fit very well.

You might think I'm picky. And I can see this map is for the pro players out there but the thing is while they might seem like they have superhuman circle-clicking skills. Not even them can play a map if it has these weird angles at such high speed. In short, it feels like the map is deliberately trying to break the players flow/combo on too many occasions and on such high speed, combine that with the fact that it feels like the majority is copy pasted and there's alot of work that can be done here :)

Don't think that I'm only here to bash this. It's certainly an impressive map and on the parts where the angles aren't weird, it does play amazingly well!
posted

Maxylan wrote:

Thanks for applying to my queue!

[Extra]

01:05:495 (5,1) - This change of flow is way too sudden when you calculate the length and speed (1/4) in between the notes.
01:06:215 (9,1) - Same ^^
01:07:802 (5,1) - Same again ^^
And 01:07:948 (1) - 02:59:224 (8,1) - slider velocity is too slow. When the speed and distance between notes are that great and you have too slow of a slider velocity you will slider break almost every time. Tbh the song goes slow after the stream so it can't be help that much - I don't wish to change the velocity as that means this will affect the spend for the rest of this slow part and having the slider alone faster seems to be off considering this
01:57:315 (4,1) - 03:19:678 (1,2) - These have a new combo and great distance even though there's no special sound to emphasise. if u notice - I always with the exception of some of course- always have a new combo after 4 - 5 notes so I am not changing the 1st - the 2nd didn't makes since so I did change that
05:01:874 (3,4) - Distance too small. keeping this as is for now

02:08:951 (4,1) - Wierd angle on both the slider (4) and the slider-end to the next note (1), when it's that high speed.
02:11:133 (3,1) - Same ^^
02:13:315 (4,1) - Same again (You will probably say "ohh but it's a repeating pattern" well that doesn't make it a good pattern)
02:16:951 (3,1) - Same again again ^^
02:26:769 (2,3) - 02:32:224 (4,1) - 02:33:496 (3,4,1) - 02:36:951 (3,1) - 02:53:678 (2,3) - 02:56:042 (4,1) - 03:20:042 (4,1) - 04:43:147 (4) - 04:52:602 (5,1) - 04:56:784 (4,1) - 05:00:602 (4,1) - 05:29:511 (3,4) - 05:30:056 (2,3) - 05:36:238 (4,1) -

05:35:147 (2) - Probably the first slider I've seen that's different but I can't believe I'm saying this it actually doesn't fit very well. went out and change this

You might think I'm picky. And I can see this map is for the pro players out there but the thing is while they might seem like they have superhuman circle-clicking skills. Not even them can play a map if it has these weird angles at such high speed. In short, it feels like the map is deliberately trying to break the players flow/combo on too many occasions and on such high speed, combine that with the fact that it feels like the majority is copy pasted and there's alot of work that can be done here :)It wasn't truely my intentions making it hard to pass even for pro maps - that really just how my mapping style works in general and theses flow problems is what I always deal with but I do not it on purpose - I have at least attempt to fix any flow problems above and hoply this won't cause too much trouble in the near future

Don't think that I'm only here to bash this. It's certainly an impressive map and on the parts where the angles aren't weird, it does play amazingly well!
Thanks for the mod!

Also majority of this map isn't copy and pasted - Not that it means anything but I feels like i need to mention this....
posted

DJ Lucky wrote:

And 01:07:948 (1) - 02:59:224 (8,1) - slider velocity is too slow. When the speed and distance between notes are that great and you have too slow of a slider velocity you will slider break almost every time. Tbh the song goes slow after the stream so it can't be help that much - I don't wish to change the velocity as that means this will affect the spend for the rest of this slow part and having the slider alone faster seems to be off considering this
You do know that maps have actually been disqualified for this in the past right? With circles, it isn't as strict when it comes to sudden slow parts because it's easily readable. But slider velocity doesn't have an approach circle, so if you don't make it painfully obvious that a slider will have low velocity after a really really quick part of a song. Chances are 99% of people slider break on them and loose their combos.
The most famous case of this exact issue happened after the first ever 600+ PP score was set on a ranked map, and shortly thereafter the map was taken down from ranked by a QAT member because of low slider velocity slider breaks. And the score was lost... Thank god we have Cookiezi nowadays who get's 600PP on everything he touches am I right?

DJ Lucky wrote:

01:57:315 (4,1) - 03:19:678 (1,2) - These have a new combo and great distance even though there's no special sound to emphasize. if u notice - I always with the exception of some of course- always have a new combo after 4 - 5 notes so I am not changing the 1st - the 2nd didn't make sense so I did change that
Instead of having a new combo every 4 - 5 notes you should start new combos to emphasize new sounds or different parts of a song, but that's just a tiny detail. The more important issue is that you should always aim to use the length in between objects to emphasize sound.
Forget I ever mentioned new combos if you want to, but imagine the slowest possible song you can.
You got it?
Okay, now imagine that same song but with 1/2 cross-screen snap jumps.
Doesn't fit well does it, yeah... This is why BN's and QAT's push for distance in between notes to fit with the song. I might have used exaggerated language but it doesn't change the fact that it's a pressing issue.

I hope you found this equally helpful!
posted

Maxylan wrote:

DJ Lucky wrote:

And 01:07:948 (1) - 02:59:224 (8,1) - slider velocity is too slow. When the speed and distance between notes are that great and you have too slow of a slider velocity you will slider break almost every time. Tbh the song goes slow after the stream so it can't be help that much - I don't wish to change the velocity as that means this will affect the spend for the rest of this slow part and having the slider alone faster seems to be off considering this
You do know that maps have actually been disqualified for this in the past right? With circles, it isn't as strict when it comes to sudden slow parts because it's easily readable. But slider velocity doesn't have an approach circle, so if you don't make it painfully obvious that a slider will have low velocity after a really really quick part of a song. Chances are 99% of people slider break on them and loose their combos.
The most famous case of this exact issue happened after the first ever 600+ PP score was set on a ranked map, and shortly thereafter the map was taken down from ranked by a QAT member because of low slider velocity slider breaks. And the score was lost... Thank god we have Cookiezi nowadays who get's 600PP on everything he touches am I right?

I never really pay attention to maps disqualifying for stuff like this tbh... If is that big of an issue - I can will change it... not now as this mean I have to use my brain to come up with a way to fix this....
Edit: I change 1 of the issues brought up - I will simply need suggestions how to fix the other issue as I much prefer to keep it the same velocity and the long slider



DJ Lucky wrote:

01:57:315 (4,1) - 03:19:678 (1,2) - These have a new combo and great distance even though there's no special sound to emphasize. if u notice - I always with the exception of some of course- always have a new combo after 4 - 5 notes so I am not changing the 1st - the 2nd didn't make sense so I did change that
Instead of having a new combo every 4 - 5 notes you should start new combos to emphasize new sounds or different parts of a song, but that's just a tiny detail. The more important issue is that you should always aim to use the length in between objects to emphasize sound.
Forget I ever mentioned new combos if you want to, but imagine the slowest possible song you can.
You got it?
Okay, now imagine that same song but with 1/2 cross-screen snap jumps.
Doesn't fit well does it, yeah... This is why BN's and QAT's push for distance in between notes to fit with the song. I might have used exaggerated language but it doesn't change the fact that it's a pressing issue.


I hope you found this equally helpful!
I must have miss that part in ur sentence but tbh there is a sound that justify it being a NC...

- Now I will change the distance just slightly only because compare to how it is right here 02:08:405 (1) - the sound is stronger and this makes since for the Distance and when I go back to here 01:57:315 (4,1) I see the sound is more mild - I have only realize this after this was brought back to my attention

Doing all these changes for this map that only affects it if it was going for rank, makes me wonder if I should just go for rank...
posted
Random modding, cuz was bored.

  1. 00:32:467 (4) - 00:37:082 (4) - I think this should be an NC, since this part is mapped with vocal, while the last 3 object before it is mapped to the instrument. (It also makes the NCing consistent.. except if you're looking for variety)
  2. 00:42:563 (6) - Hm? Missing NC..
  3. 00:49:053 (2,1) - 00:50:496 (8,1) - Inconsitency flow of movement... One of them is a 1/2, while the other is 1/4.
  4. 00:49:630 (2) - It'd be nice if you an give some emphasis to it .. This applies to the rest as well (00:52:948 (1,2) - 00:53:525 (1,2) - Like this one is empasized enough due to them being a standalone so you can recognize the sound it mapped to easily)
  5. 00:57:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - You're breaking the pattern too sudden from the usual 00:56:409 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - to 208 bpm stream (I know you're probably aiming to map the riff, but it just doesnt seems to capture the sound for me '~')
  6. 00:58:427 (5) - Mssing emphasis
  7. 01:11:698 (2,3,1) - Any reason for this obtuse jump? It doesnt play well, and it doesnt suit well with the vocal.
  8. 01:21:216 (5) - 01:25:831 (5) - Any reason as to why one of them is a sharp and the other is a curve? There's some more random sharp slider on this section. But I'm pointing the most obvious one.. (You can use the sharp slider, in case there's a difference in the intensity of the song. People tend to use sharp slider, when its a more intense sound)
  9. 01:37:561 (1) - The drum is actually on the red tick. I'm sure what you want to mapped to here is the drum since, 01:37:273 (1,2) - is mapped to that drum sound as well. (I would suggest make 2 1/4 slider, so that the sliderhead will always land on the drum sound, while keeping consistent. And avoiding that weird entrance to the stream with slider.) Apply this to the rest as well
  10. 01:52:224 - Suggestion. It'll be much better if you make this part a build up for 01:55:315 - instead of making all of them with same intenstiy. (Actually, 01:52:224 - 01:54:633 - have higher intensity, due to higher bpm.)


Unfortunately, I cant do 01:55:315 - 03:29:850 - since I cant do 165 1/4 map. But there's some slider-jump with a really strange angle or distance spacing, like
01:58:405 (2,3,4) - Distance,
01:59:678 (1,2) - 01:59:860 (2,3,4) - 02:00:224 (4,5) - Strange Movement,
02:01:496 (3,4) - Angle + Distance, etc. (I cant really judge it tho, since I cant do this style '~')
  1. 03:50:546 (16,1) - 03:51:628 (8,1) - The other is 1/8, and the other one is 1/4. Altho, I guess flow-wise isnt that much of difference. But, playability-wise. 104 bpm 1/8 is quite hard '~'
  2. 04:41:965 (10) - Why 0.6x distance? If you want to make it so the spacing is gradually increasing but not too much, then make it so 04:41:874 (9,10,11,12) - is 0.6x distance, and then 04:42:238 (13,14,15,16) - 0.7x distance, since changing stream DS in the middle, 1 note at a time, usually result in a weird stream, unless you decided to make it an increasing DS stream from the beginning to the end of the stream. (Also dont forget to NC everytime, you change the DS of the stream, if you follow this mod) (Suggestion : 04:42:238 (13,14,15,16) - Give claps on all of them to emphasize that its the start of the kiai)


I probably missed something a bit. But, that's it. Some of the section is repeating, and mapped with the same concept. So you can just applied those mod to those part.

Overall, I'm sure you can polish the slider shape. Especially, on the 165 bpm part. But then, I cant really mapped a fast song, so who am I kidding? '~'
posted

sullywally wrote:

Random modding, cuz was bored.

  1. 00:32:467 (4) - 00:37:082 (4) - I think this should be an NC, since this part is mapped with vocal, while the last 3 object before it is mapped to the instrument. (It also makes the NCing consistent.. except if you're looking for variety) I rather keep the NC as is for now
  2. 00:42:563 (6) - Hm? Missing NC.. oh shit fix lol
  3. 00:49:053 (2,1) - 00:50:496 (8,1) - Inconsitency flow of movement... One of them is a 1/2, while the other is 1/4. Well I wanted to make a well this is like starting a new section with 00:49:053 (2,1) - and I wanted to make a difference - I probably gonna adjust flow because there is stuff I see that is inconsistent with the map as a whole
  4. 00:49:630 (2) - It'd be nice if you an give some emphasis to it .. This applies to the rest as well (00:52:948 (1,2) - 00:53:525 (1,2) - Like this one is empasized enough due to them being a standalone so you can recognize the sound it mapped to easily) I kind of want to change this part so not that I disagree with u - I just keeping it like is until my brain can come up with something
  5. 00:57:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - You're breaking the pattern too sudden from the usual 00:56:409 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - to 208 bpm stream (I know you're probably aiming to map the riff, but it just doesnt seems to capture the sound for me '~') Not changing unless get more opinions and suggestions
  6. 00:58:427 (5) - Mssing emphasis didn't hear this my bad - still I am not changing the stream until I can come up with an idea to fix it
  7. 01:11:698 (2,3,1) - Any reason for this obtuse jump? It doesnt play well, and it doesnt suit well with the vocal. this was mapped to music not the vocals - I have changes this - The change probably didn't help - I just did it cause I didn't like how it look in the get go
  8. 01:21:216 (5) - 01:25:831 (5) - Any reason as to why one of them is a sharp and the other is a curve? There's some more random sharp slider on this section. But I'm pointing the most obvious one.. (You can use the sharp slider, in case there's a difference in the intensity of the song. People tend to use sharp slider, when its a more intense sound) I change it to a curve slider and along with a few - and change some curve sliders to sharp sliders that sounds more fitting - I didn't wanted to get rid of them entirely but this way it works better
  9. 01:37:561 (1) - The drum is actually on the red tick. I'm sure what you want to mapped to here is the drum since, 01:37:273 (1,2) - is mapped to that drum sound as well. (I would suggest make 2 1/4 slider, so that the sliderhead will always land on the drum sound, while keeping consistent. And avoiding that weird entrance to the stream with slider.) Apply this to the rest as well Ugh... I can't believe I mess up that... anyways I follow the suggestion on this
  10. 01:52:224 - Suggestion. It'll be much better if you make this part a build up for 01:55:315 - instead of making all of them with same intenstiy. (Actually, 01:52:224 - 01:54:633 - have higher intensity, due to higher bpm.) I ain't changing this yet but I like the idea so i'm keeping it in mind


Unfortunately, I cant do 01:55:315 - 03:29:850 - since I cant do 165 1/4 map. But there's some slider-jump with a really strange angle or distance spacing, like
01:58:405 (2,3,4) - Distance,
01:59:678 (1,2) - 01:59:860 (2,3,4) - 02:00:224 (4,5) - Strange Movement,
02:01:496 (3,4) - Angle + Distance, etc. (I cant really judge it tho, since I cant do this style '~') I adjusted them slightly
  1. 03:50:546 (16,1) - 03:51:628 (8,1) - The other is 1/8, and the other one is 1/4. Altho, I guess flow-wise isnt that much of difference. But, playability-wise. 104 bpm 1/8 is quite hard '~' Eh I forgot to put timing section here whoops! that is actually 208 1/4 not that mean anything to what u just said... - the worst case scenario is the best way to fix this problem is just changing it to a spinner
    - the reason I am not changing this is I see no point unless I was going for rank and this is a reason to keep it from being so

  2. 04:41:965 (10) - Why 0.6x distance? If you want to make it so the spacing is gradually increasing but not too much, then make it so 04:41:874 (9,10,11,12) - is 0.6x distance, and then 04:42:238 (13,14,15,16) - 0.7x distance, since changing stream DS in the middle, 1 note at a time, usually result in a weird stream, unless you decided to make it an increasing DS stream from the beginning to the end of the stream. (Also dont forget to NC everytime, you change the DS of the stream, if you follow this mod) (Suggestion : 04:42:238 (13,14,15,16) - Give claps on all of them to emphasize that its the start of the kiai)
    I did what u suggestion - didn't add no NCs but probably will - I am not adding claps to all of those notes as I felt it is pointless


I probably missed something a bit. But, that's it. Some of the section is repeating, and mapped with the same concept. So you can just applied those mod to those part.

Overall, I'm sure you can polish the slider shape. Especially, on the 165 bpm part. But then, I cant really mapped a fast song, so who am I kidding? '~'
You ain't wrong about the polishing the slider shapes - This map is still fairly new and even I can still tell they need a bit more work even just for loved status -

thanks for the mod!
Please sign in to reply.