forum

Are Osu Supporter Tag worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- FrostDX -
Are Osu Supporter Tag worth it? I was thinking to buy the supporter tag and I just want to see replies from supporters if the features are actually worth it or not.. I already knew the features like in game songs download and colored nametags and stuff, but are they actually worth it?
Naimae
it's like 2 mcdoubles for a single month so just try it
Edgar_Figaro
Do you need supporter? Well of course no as Peppy makes sure this game doesn't give any advantage for paying money which I hope never changes.

The features are convenient but I wouldn't personally get supporter just to get these features. I'd honestly have supporter status even if I got nothing for it as I want to support this amazing game.
kai99
i likey.
well, my collection of maps went from 3k to 5k over a month so i guess it's worth it tbh. for me it was better because i could vote on feature requests / spec easily / automatically gave spectators the map / osu direct etc
Kyrari
I would see it more as a donation feature tbh, if you think the game's fun then why not support the developer?

As for the feature's, I like having an userpage (you only need to buy supporter tag once to permanently have this) and being able to see friend ranking/country ranking/selected mod ranking is pretty fun. osu!direct is also a very useful feature but I've already prefered the old way of going through a browser.
kai99
and you can change your username for free (the first time tho)
Edgar_Figaro

kai99 wrote:

and you can change your username for free (the first time tho)
Never have used that feature. Still using the same username & Avatar since the day I installed this game.
N0thingSpecial
everything is not worth it.
vinnicci
Topic Starter
- FrostDX -
thx guys, i'll try to buy supporter tags then.. already play this game for 4 years straight and it's kind of weird if i hasn't support the dev yet..
-Makishima S-
It's 4$ dude, it isn't much.
JeromeTT

[Taiga] wrote:

thats easy to say when you are...

[checks profile]

33 year old
Buster
It is!
I needed a osu!supporter tag for my userpage D: D: D:
Akanagi

JeromeTT wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

[checks profile]

33 year old

It's 4$ dude, that's not much.
Comfy Slippers
Money's tight

I mean direct is meh, leaderboard features are limited and there isn't much to play around with. But you have a superior darker shade of yellow in chat and it make plebs feel like shit. Which makes it worth.
Topic Starter
- FrostDX -

[Taiga] wrote:

you're 33 years old.. i'm 16.. huge difference there.. and 4$ in Indonesian Rupiah is worth pretty much..
-Makishima S-

JeromeTT wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

[checks profile]

33 year old

FrostyDragoo64 wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

you're 33 years old.. i'm 16.. huge difference there.. and 4$ in Indonesian Rupiah is worth pretty much..
When I was a kid, i was cleaning shit for cash, selling veges and other shit for cash, picking every possibility to make cash and not be dependent on parents.
Don't be lazy and get to work instead of complaining that "this is expensive".
Cannot find work? Make one for yourself.
And no, Poland is not a country where it is easy to get work, it's fucking garbage ass shithole country in that matter.

As I said, it's 4$, It is NOT THAT MUCH.
Disillusionz
To answer OP's question, if your main want is extra features then no, it's probably not worth it. osu! direct is pretty cool but unnecessary, and nobody cares about a colored nametag. For me it's more about supporting a completely f2p game on one of the few websites in existence that doesn't have ads.
-Makishima S-
osu! direct is pretty cool but unnecessary
Dunno, If I buy supporter, I do this mainly for direct. If you ask me:
- using pirated server to gain access to direct is fucking illegal and bitching, dunno why peppy don't send DMCA over this shit
- bloodcat + outside soft to download beatmaps, well even if it is legal... not ethical

Also, for me osu! is only one game worth supporting. Only mapping bullshit keeps me out of this :(
johnmedina999
Only thing I really use it for is userpage.
show more