Camellia - Feelin Sky (Camellia's "200step" Self-remix)

posted
Total Posts
103
show more
MrMenda
Rest in peace I guess? Would be great to see ProBox rank this before leaving
Kibbleru
no fear, for kibbleru is here!

00:27:562 (3) - wouldnt it look nicer around the middle?
00:43:612 (1,2,3) - the spacing inconsistency here intentional?
02:01:912 (1) - can u move this up a bit, i dont think its actually off screen but its dangerously close so just in case
02:23:212 (2) - ^
05:50:962 - im not too sure what the head is following here the instrument is on 05:51:112 - ?

call me back
Sing

Kibbleru wrote:

no fear, for kibbleru is here!

00:27:562 (3) - wouldnt it look nicer around the middle?
ehh not rly imo, i dont like how it overlaps 00:26:512 (2) - sliderhead, plus i like the increased spacing it currently is helps transition into 00:27:712 (4) - which is at an even bigger spacing
02:01:912 (1) - can u move this up a bit, i dont think its actually off screen but its dangerously close so just in case sure
yeet https://puu.sh/wWHiw/bbdf523570.osu
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Kibbleru wrote:

no fear, for kibbleru is here! heLLo tHEre

00:43:612 (1,2,3) - the spacing inconsistency here intentional? no it was just freehanded, fixed
02:23:212 (2) - ^ moved up
05:50:962 - im not too sure what the head is following here the instrument is on 05:51:112 - ? really faint melody, made it into a short slider and moved the initial one a bit

call me back
Kibbleru
rest in peace elite mapper probox 2013-2017



lcfc
where did the cool tags go :angery: dq thanks
Doormat
sad to see you retire, but at least you'll be going out with a bang.

done cya, hope we can still chat from time to time ;)
cyprianz5
wah
Monstrata
Hi, I found a serious issue that needs to be fixed. Title should be "Feeling Sky"

Source:

squirrelpascals
06:03:412 - Timing points plz? This part counts as a tempo change so red lines are needed. Notes like 06:05:774 (1) - also sound late with the current way you have it mapped


Yauxo
It feels odd to me that noone has at least mentioned them, but the slowdown Sliders in the end of the first Kiai seem out-of-place to me
(02:35:212 (1) - 02:40:012 (1) - )

I assume you were going for A B A B, where A is fast and B is slowed down, but each B2 has a strong beat in the middle of it so you just didnt slow it down - effectively making it A B A A?
For consistency and probably less confusion while playing, I feel like a simple A A A A wouldve worked better here (or B A B A, really). You could argue that this doesnt matter in a 7* Wubmap, but there's just nothing that indicates such a change (neither design (same Slider length) nor music) and it buggs me :v
Sing

Yauxo wrote:

It feels odd to me that noone has at least mentioned them, but the slowdown Sliders in the end of the first Kiai seem out-of-place to me
(02:35:212 (1) - 02:40:012 (1) - )

I assume you were going for A B A B, where A is fast and B is slowed down, but each B2 has a strong beat in the middle of it so you just didnt slow it down - effectively making it A B A A?
For consistency and probably less confusion while playing, I feel like a simple A A A A wouldve worked better here (or B A B A, really). You could argue that this doesnt matter in a 7* Wubmap, but there's just nothing that indicates such a change (neither design (same Slider length) nor music) and it buggs me :v
actully i just wanted the SV to decrease, but 01:58:762 (1) - is kickslider so i made it increase sv but still looks short lol
Sing

Monstrata wrote:

Hi, I found a serious issue that needs to be fixed. Title should be "Feeling Sky"

Source:

yeah ik but im too lazy to change it, didnt save the .psd file and it was tedious making this banner lmao
Raiden
Yeah, the end needs a slowdown timing imo, I think it's not maintaining 200 bpm throughout it

4312,300,4,2,1,20,1,0
363112,315.789473684211,4,2,1,20,1,0
363743,352.941176470588,4,2,1,20,1,0
364448,394.736842105263,4,2,1,20,1,0
364842,441.176470588235,4,2,1,20,1,0
365283,468.75,4,2,1,20,1,0
365751,560.747663551402,4,2,1,20,1,0
366311,470.588235294118,4,2,1,20,1,0
367252,444.444444444444,4,2,1,20,1,0
367474,571.428571428571,4,2,1,20,1,0
369074,478.08764940239,4,2,1,20,1,0

I tried toying around with it and I found this at least mildly accurate. Dunno if there is some weird musical theory concept that explains those odd snaps, but hey at least I tried.

Good luck o/
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
imo the ending is accurate enough as it is and I also brought this up when bubbling the map and was told that there is no problem
Doormat

ProfessionalBox wrote:

imo the ending is accurate enough as it is and I also brought this up when bubbling the map and was told that there is no problem
to elaborate, the current snaps are well timed to the music so i thought that there wasn't an issue with the current setup.
Raiden
funnily enough around 50-60% of the notes after I applied my timing were not more than 1-2 ms off (some were even on point) however the 40-50% rest needed more than 5-10 ms shifts so... in my opinion timing the slowdown is way more accurate than the odd snaps that are currently in place. Let's wait and see what others think about it.
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Raiden wrote:

funnily enough around 50-60% of the notes after I applied my timing were not more than 1-2 ms off (some were even on point) however the 40-50% rest needed more than 5-10 ms shifts so... in my opinion timing the slowdown is way more accurate than the odd snaps that are currently in place. Let's wait and see what others think about it.
The point of the current snaps is consistency. Instead of having everything precisely timed to the melody the objects currently have consistent gaps between them which is much more friendly in terms of playability and makes more sense imo than having the objects be snapped precisely to the music. What I mean by this is that if the objects were to be snapped to exactly like they are in the song they would have inconsistent gaps that differ by 5-10ms like you said and adapting to this 5-10ms difference while playing makes much more less sense to me than having the objects be consistent with their gaps as the players assume while playing that the objects are consistent and tied to a certain rhythm which in this instance is not the case (as this part appears to be made in a way that resembles actual instrument playing which is never 100% accurate with bpm). Also even though objects are 5-10ms off you can't really tell by ear anyways without slowing down to 25% speed which I think is a good proof that there is no need to do the changes as a player is more likely to play the objects with my current placements anyways supported by the consistency in rhythm argument pointed out earlier.

Doormat wrote:

to elaborate, the current snaps are well timed to the music so i thought that there wasn't an issue with the current setup.
ty for elaboration, now that I read what I said it comes off in a different way than I intended for it to.
squirrelpascals

ProfessionalBox wrote:

Also even though objects are 5-10ms off you can't really tell by ear anyways without slowing down to 25% speed which I think is a good proof that there is no need to do the changes as a player is more likely to play the objects with my current placements anyways supported by the consistency in rhythm argument pointed out earlier.
from the ranking criteria


While the timing errors are still small, they still exist which makes it an rc issue. If fixing them will only move most of the objects by a few ms then i don't understand why you want to keep your current snaps so badly lol. I can only imagine that having more accurate timing would be the most friendly in terms of playability- you seem to be overthinking this
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
Lost my reply because phone shut down my browser, will have to rewrite it on computer when I get home in the evening...................
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply