forum

Can We help a streamer, who's is bullied for what she like?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nekochiin_
Hi, my name is Henry.
  For some time I watch one streamer grill, which she's really good in the osu!, she loves anime, games, and what she doing, thus streaming.

She lives in Peru, if I'm not mistaken. This is a poor country where people do not go well, but financial support is decent, from the stream. Even if she does not follow a lot of people, they are very generous so I do not ask for money but the psychological support of this girl.

People from her past to her bully for what she likes how she dresses and so on, gives dislike videos, write nasty things, and so on.

Just to be clear ... I have nothing to do with her, but I can not watch it, how troubling.

I will be grateful, and she certainly, for any support.

Thank you, Regards Henry.

Links to her - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc_A5o ... vFiHAxH9Wg
- https://www.twitch.tv/lovelymin
- https://twitter.com/lovelymineko
Blitzfrog
Grill?
I support.
clover
who cares about south america
Topic Starter
Nekochiin_
C'mon guys, this is real ... Nobody deserve this shit.
FuZ

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

who cares
ColdTooth

FuZ wrote:

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

who cares
Endaris
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask. Probably not.
See, it is difficult to be emotionally involved in all sorts of things, especially to become involved like that easily.
Unfortunately we live in a world where it is in many cases impossible to do the right thing. Like what's the problem, neocolonialism and the gap between first and third world has to be closed, we gotta fight racism, rescue the environment and change society and economy so the human being and its well-being is the focus of it and all that kind of stuff.
It hurts to admit but I'm kind of escaping reality in this circle clicker game because otherwise it might break me apart so I don't really feel personally touched by your story.
It's like "she got a pc and internet good enough to stream while playing, man, i can't do that even if i wanted to".
Psychoterror always sucks but it's lastly up to her and the persons personally involved with her solving that problem, not me. To her I'm just a faceless person that does no good.
Serraionga

Nekochiin_ wrote:

Peru
You mean
Sandy Hoey
Its the internet. If you want to survive, you gotta have thick skin. The more popular you get, the more shit you get.
Railey2
how does one help, scream down her haters?

Bullies will always exist (especially online, where there often is no drawback to your actions), and she seems to be well aware of that (from her twitch):

''You shy? I hope its a meme.

Yes I suffered from all type of bullying, everyday, til I was 16. And I still suffer from some sort of bullying but oh hell doesn't matter what you do, there's someone who will envy you or hate everything you do.
''

if people bully her on twitch, she can ban them
if people bully her here, she can report them
if people bully her on other social media outlets, she can probably report them there as well.

it's inconvenient, but at the end of the day its probably not as big of a deal as you make it out to be.
if someone is doing something nastier, like going after her irl, there's not much we could do anyway.

She is pretty good at the game though. Good for her.
ColdTooth
welcome to the internet, if i get called names, everyone else should

so fuck
Amaineko
gave me diabets

anyaway i think she's ok
i noticed she got strong personality and a skilled player,there's no much to worry about
for sure became popular in osu if hits top 50 Kappa
even if a trap
johnmedina999

Nekochiin_ wrote:

Just to be clear ... I have nothing to do with her, but I can not watch it, how troubling.
I hate people like this, and feel very strongly about it.

If you want to help her out, why are you making sure you're not associated with her? Wy are you treating her like she's some kind of disease? Aren't you treating her just like the rest?

If you want to help her, stick to her and support her, if not fuck off, no one likes hypocrites.
Railey2

johnmedina999 wrote:

Nekochiin_ wrote:

I hate people like this, and feel very strongly about it.

If you want to help her out, why are you making sure you're not associated with her? Wy are you treating her like she's some kind of disease? Aren't you treating her just like the rest?

If you want to help her, stick to her and support her, if not fuck off, no one likes hypocrites.
i think he meant that he's merely a random person from her audience who witnessed her struggle, as opposed who someone who is related to her on a personal level.

Don't really see the issue there.
Endaris
You can always get personally related if you really care.
johnmedina999

Railey2 wrote:

i think he meant that he's merely a random person from her audience who witnessed her struggle, as opposed who someone who is related to her on a personal level.

It's obviously personal to him, he cared enough about it to make a forum post.
Railey2
can be hard if we're talking about a streamer personality, but you're right: Theres a way most of the time.

But Henry, as i saw it, was just speaking from his current standpoint - where he is not personally related to her.
Topic Starter
Nekochiin_
No it's not. I just know how this shits hurt.
Topic Starter
Nekochiin_

Railey2 wrote:

can be hard if we're talking about a streamer personality, but you're right: Theres a way most of the time.

But Henry, as i saw it, was just speaking from his current standpoint - where he is not personally related to her.

I just ... thank you.
Railey2

johnmedina999 wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

It's obviously personal to him, he cared enough about it to make a forum post.
Taking something personally is not the same as knowing someone on a personal level, please don't misunderstand me on purpose.

Nekochiin_ wrote:

i can see that this affected you to some degree because you cared enough to make this thread.

its never nice to see someone suffer who (presumably) did nothing to deserve it, but ask yourself this:

- Can we actually do anything here?
- Would she actually appreciate the help, or would she feel patronised because she can deal with it by herself?
- Even if we could do something for her, aren't there more effective methods to help her?

if she really needs help, the best YOU can do is reach out to her with some solid advice, or if you can't give her said advice - get someone who is competent at that to take over.

Bullying sucks, it really does, but i wonder if this thread is the right way to go about it.
Hopefully the girl gets treated fairly in the future.
i'm sure she'll be ok.
FuZ

Nekochiin_ wrote:

idk man, if getting 2 dislikes on some videos is too much, maybe she should hang herself before entering the adult life
ColdTooth

Nekochiin_ wrote:

being sensitive on the internet is bad enough as it is

there's a thing called ignoring, if you don't know what that is.. well... can't help you there
Suminoze
uhh... this is the first time I see someone cares about me at this place...
Sadly, the bullying I've received is too much, not only hate on my stream chat nor dislikes/hate on my videos but something a bit deeper and darker, varying from trying to DDoS me, trying to hack my stuff (but I noticed it fast enough, I hope). Actually, some people even tried to find the exact place where im living(I dont know why nor wanna know, this shit is scary), sadly most of the hate I receive comes from people from my country and I guess it's mostly because some people donated to me and Venezuelan people is hateful/jealous as hell... I can't do shit and my situation is the same since people realized I'm a girl(~1 year ago), they even excluded me when they voted top players soo... you can see how stupid is my situation... (and made me play a lot less/quit for some time)

Never knew I would have to deal with so much hate for streaming and playing a rhythm game x_x
Meah
Cyber Bullies are hard to deal with. I hope this one gets resolved as soon as possible.
ColdTooth

Suminoze wrote:

uhh... this is the first time I see someone cares about me at this place...
Sadly, the bullying I've received is too much, not only hate on my stream chat nor dislikes/hate on my videos but something a bit deeper and darker, varying from trying to DDoS me, trying to hack my stuff (but I noticed it fast enough, I hope). Actually, some people even tried to find the exact place where im living(I dont know why nor wanna know, this shit is scary), sadly most of the hate I receive comes from people from my country and I guess it's mostly because some people donated to me and Venezuelan people is hateful/jealous as hell... I can't do shit and my situation is the same since people realized I'm a girl(~1 year ago), they even excluded me when they voted top players soo... you can see how stupid is my situation... (and made me play a lot less/quit for some time)

Never knew I would have to deal with so much hate for streaming and playing a rhythm game x_x
I understand.

A lot of cyber bullies like to mess with people when they have nothing better to do, most of them don't have a job and/or live in their mom's basement. If anyone, I'd try to get to a safer spot, move somewhere else so you don't get raided/robbed, trust me, that happened to me once and that's why I'm on here alot at night, and try to shrug it off. I know being bullied isn't dealt to everyone, but if I've been called names, I'm pretty sure the bully themself, and others around the world have been called names themselves.

I personally try to avoid drama the best I can, if it involves me, that's where I have to attempt to back myself away from it, and pretend it's not a huge issue. This doesn't work all the time, but when it does, people tend to go to me once more for content. I don't stream, and I'm definitely not popular around here or anywhere else social-media wise or in videogames, but I can see how scary it is.

My best bet for you is to find a much safer spot to stream, and be as comfortable as you can be.

Oh, and don't kill yourself, no matter how many people tell you to, don't. It solves nothing.
Rwyta
You can't expect a girl streamer to not be hated on the internet, I actually get hate everyday so I just simply grow immune from it and she would be too if she stays strong, I can't really do anything to help her atm but you can give her a personal motivation if you want.
N0thingSpecial
I disagree with bullying, but how the fuck do you get to a point where you get bullied playing a shit game like osu?

either way it doesn't get better, stay strong
7ambda
She could just say, "Why make fun of me for something you're clearly shit at?"
Railey2

ColdTooth wrote:

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

who cares
say that to her again, to her face lmao
You have no integrity. As soon as she comes in here you pull a 180-turn and suddenly care? Grow some backbone, you're pathetic.

The things YOU can do include:
- Having secure passwords. What is secure? Short answer: Longer than 10 letters, not including words, use special signs like *# etc.
for more information read: https://store.ppy.sh/forum/t/388340
- Make sure to not give away your location on social media
- report people where you can. Osu and Twitch both have ways to report users. You can ban users from your own stream anytime.
- Get mods on your stream that ban the people who are harassing you. Pick people you trust and have them around consistently.
- Beyond that.. ignore the threats. Your haters will most likely be jealous, sexist 16 year old virgins who live with their moms. Their threats are empty.

if you feel like you can't deal with it, or if you feel too threatened, then it is better for you to quit. But online, hate is often best dealt with by ignoring it.
B1rd
white knights assemble
ColdTooth

Railey2 wrote:

You have no integrity. As soon as she comes in here you pull a 180-turn and suddenly care? Grow some backbone, you're pathetic.
Uhm, excuse you? I didn't even know what the streamer was playing in the first place nor did I really cared at that point. Saying pathetic to me is like saying B1rd's posts are illogical.
show more