forum

Skillet - Lucy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Katsuri
WAAAAA, RANK THIS BD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#EDIT* : FAST!!!
Slowmotion_old
Roddie
IRC modding. Hard had some notes that were unsnapped.

Other than that, everything else seems fine to me.

Here's a star for you.
ziin

Blue Dragon wrote:

And the quality will go down too!
Changing a jpg to a png does not magically make the quality any better. It's like taking a 320kbps mp3 and converting it to flac. The correct way to do it is take it from a high quality source (in this case a 1425x1425 1 MB jpg) then scale it and save it as the highest quality jpg you can. I can give you the png, but this jpg is half the size and of nearly identical quality.

[all diffs]
01:25:902 - the crescendo here doesn't fit the music. You're at 70%, so drop down to 60% then increase to 100%. 20% on soft is just silly.
01:55:902 - ^
03:24:187 - (204187) metronome reset

[easy]
01:46:473 (1,1) - finish
00:49:902 (2) - looks bad on easy since it's off the screen. IIRC, the only reason for easy is to make easy difficulties easier too. I think it's good practice to try to keep everything inside the grid rather than put stuff right up next to the edges where you have to deal with the screen size, approach circle being invisible on one side, being hidden under HP bar, or obscured by the multiplayer scoreboard.

Also, saying "get a better skin" to those who have bad HP bars isn't a very good way of going about mapping. My HP bar is only 80 px high (templateskin is 72) and there were a number of spots where they were touching. It doesn't bother me, and there were none that were terribly bad so I don't think you need to change them, just keep it in mind. It's not like you need those notes there to keep the perfect flow of your work of art.

Sorry, can't mod this that much without resorting to what I consider nazi. Hitsounds are inconsistent among the difficulties, and you didn't bother to put finishes where the cymbal crashes were in the map, so there's not much point in any hitsound mod. While I like faster sliders, it's good to have some catered to the newbs with bad mouse control every once in a while.
Luneko
Moo!

Red = Fix this!
Blue = Suggestion~
Green = Design.

[Overall]
- There's an unused .osb file. Delete it?
- There's awake.jpg and awake.png in the songs folder, but you only use the .jpg one. Delete the .png file.

[Easy]
00:32:759 (3) - Remove first finish, so that the finish is only at the end.
00:36:187 (3) - ^
00:46:473 (2) - ^
00:49:902 (2) - ^
it sounds good later in the song (because the music is louder) but its better to remove the first finish at the quiter parts IMO.
just suggestions, dont get angry if you dont like it :>

02:20:330 - add circle
02:21:187 - ^
02:21:616 - ^

[Normal]
00:36:187 (3) - Remove first finish.
00:46:473 (3) - Remove finish
00:49:902 (3) - ^
01:38:330 (4) - Replace that by 2 circles (plays and looks better imo)

[Hard]
00:29:116 - add circle above the beginning of (10)

Nice map, Have a Star~
Sakura
[Timing]
Both offsets -10 ms

[Normal]
01:20:330 (1) - Hmm could just be me but it's hard to tell how many repeats this slider has at first glance, specially since the previous similar sliders had all 1 repeat.

[Easy]
02:11:759 (2) - I'd recommend you remove this, or split it into notes or 2 sliders because kick sliders can be pretty unpredictable for new players in the sense that they dont know how long they are
02:37:902 (1) - ^ same thing since this one's specially worse than the previous one.
03:05:330 (1) - ^
Basically at this slider speed, remove or change any repeat slider that's very short and has more than 1 repeat

And you were saying your mapping was bad? then why did i find very few issues on this map?

Edit: Bubbled~
To the ranking BAT: I felt the 1/2 kick sliders and the lack of breaks could be justified by the slow speed of the song, if you feel they should be changed then feel free to point them out.
Hika

Sakura Hana wrote:

And you were saying your mapping was bad? then why did i find very few issues on this map?
Stop calling yourself a bad mapper. You're fine if you ask me, just because other people put you down doesn't mean anything.
People are just mad because you're great at mapping.

& Hey look this got bubbled, when this gets ranked, let's have a party because I like this song a lot. <3

I love you, don't give up on this map please.
Sakura

Hika wrote:

Stop calling yourself a bad mapper. You're fine if you ask me, just because other people put you down doesn't mean anything.

& Hey look this got bubbled, when this gets ranked, let's have a party because I like this song a lot. <3

I love you, don't give up on this map please.
Agreed
James2250
"Quick" offset fix + a pattern on Insane Hard fixed
I am fine with the lack of breaks as the song isn't exactly fast

Everything looks good now, apart from where is the crazy stream Insane that doesn't fit :(
I mean.....

Ranked~
Katsuri
/me gives a cookiezi to James2250
Topic Starter
Mismagius

James2250 wrote:

"Quick" offset fix
Sakura
i lol'd at the "quick" part
OzzyOzrock
this map is too ez?Q?!?! i erated 4/...
Hika
omfg this got ranked what
Bittersweet
gratz BD :3
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
Belo mapa BD.

Parabens! Continue assim!
Sakura

Creator's Words wrote:

Enter your message here. General information will be added above this.
Woops?
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Sakura Hana wrote:

Creator's Words wrote:

Enter your message here. General information will be added above this.
Woops?
That was on purpose.

I would comment something about the rating, but I'll just say that I have been proved wrong, I guess.
GladiOol
good maps / touhou > good rating.
bad maps > bad rating.

It's not: bad maps / not touhou > bad rating.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

GladiOol wrote:

good maps / touhou > good rating.
bad maps > bad rating.

It's not: bad maps / not touhou > bad rating.

More like

western mapper that isn't known around asian community / iNiS mapper > bad ratings.
asian mappers > good ratings.

But I'll stay quiet, this is very satisfying already. I'll just shut up.
chiba_old
luv the song <3 maybe the first good rock map. (not touhou and other)
Topic Starter
Mismagius

chiba wrote:

luv the song <3 maybe the first good rock map. (not touhou and other)
Thanks. Glad you liked it
Mitiai
Whoah Skillet in osu. Great map.
tieff
I don't think so.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

tieff wrote:

I don't think so.
Then I saw your signature and cried.
Natteke
TIEFF HAETS MY MAPS ;-;