forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
AkseS

alvarogomides wrote:

I have to download the new one? 20130922 to update? It's isn't auto update? :/
For the game itself yes it is. But not for the wrapper that it runs on. You'll need to download 20130922 because that makes use of a new engine. If changing to that doesn't solve the problem I'll push out a new build and see if that works.
m_warsh
I reinstalled osu with 20130922 and the application still closes right after starting. Nothing comes onto the screen, just the app on the dock appears and then disappears. I've noticed that "osu!-1530562206Wine" and "osu!-1530562206Wineserver" are stilling running, as displayed by Activity monitor.
Delosias

CloseKnight wrote:

alvarogomides wrote:

I have the same error 1 week ago :/ I'm super sad... I wanna plaaay osuuuu!!!!
Someone can help us?

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.7.1D3DBoost
You should try upgrading your osu! first and see how that works.
The engine used by my osu! is 1.7.2 right now which doesnt work. I updated it ro 1.7.3 and still didn't work

Log1:

err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications.

Log2:

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.7.3
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.69f4
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 1.9.23

AMD Radeon HD 6750M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170L-573
gMux Version: 1.9.23
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.573
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
HP L2245w:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CZK85106QK
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
AkseS
It is meant to be using the 1.7.2 engine and unfortunately I can't recreate your problem. What version of OS X are you currently on?

BTW the osu! icon is meant to bounce once and shutdown. It opens a separate instance that will be title "osu![String of numbers]".
Delosias

CloseKnight wrote:

It is meant to be using the 1.7.2 engine and unfortunately I can't recreate your problem. What version of OS X are you currently on?

BTW the osu! icon is meant to bounce once and shutdown. It opens a separate instance that will be title "osu![String of numbers]".
I run on 10.8.4 looks like i forgot to update.... will do so now and try to run osu! or reinstall it...

But the separate instance never actually occured to me osu! always stayed in the same icon.

EDIT: updated to 10.8.5 still not working even after reinstalling osu!

but the wine test run logs changed:

fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x32fcd0): stub
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"msvcm80"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
alvarogomides

What is this? o.o

---EDIT---
I have seen an post: t/63906
But I don't have beatmaps, it's a new install...

---EDIT2---
Now I have this error:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfoInternal(Int32 device, BASS_DEVICEINFO_INTERNAL& info)
at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfo(Int32 device, BASS_DEVICEINFO info)
at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos()
at #Ph.#Pn.#Qfb()
at #Wo.#Xo.#8qb()
at #Wo.#Xo..ctor(String )
at #Wo.#Vo.#0qb(String , Boolean )
Kurogamii
こんいちわ!

i hope osu! for OSX can be played without using wine (100% pure OSX apps) because my MacBook specs vs PC specs differences not too far, but the performance (fps etc.) is pretty far >.< , when i play in my MacBook the fps never reached 120 (fps unlimited) but when i play in my PC the fps reached 500++
because after i analyzed Windows programs opened in OSX using wine, the performance is dropped.

ありがとうございます!
m_warsh
I second the emotion for a native OS X app of osu. Such would truly be grand.
Delosias

CloseKnight wrote:

Ok well I have about 3 possible solutions so let's start with number 1.

CloseKnight wrote:

For the game itself yes it is. But not for the wrapper that it runs on. You'll need to download 20130922 because that makes use of a new engine. If changing to that doesn't solve the problem I'll push out a new build and see if that works.
Could you please list the remaining 2 solutions? Would at least like to try them, or are you going to make a new build?
Thanks
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
HiNAxDEATH
I would like to ask about the edit mode-- why does it always crash? It's supposed to be like that, there is not possible way to fix it, or is there someone going to fix it (sooner or later)? I know it's not easy, but I would like to know anyways, because I've always wanted to make my own maps but I just can't go into edit mode. In windows I don't have problem.
Oh, also, thanks a lot for the work everyone is doing! I remember that some years ago I was really sad because the port lacked a lot of things, but now it runs very smoothly except for some little things, like the crush for download maps on multiplayer without osu!direct and the before mentioned edit mode crush. Keep the good job!
iceniko
Hello to eveyrone, first time writing in the forums here at osu!

I've played couple months, and just decided to check the forums for a lot of the problems that I've encountered during this time.
Unfortunately, straight up I downloaded the latest .dmg file and installed (replaced) my osu! application, so now all my beatmaps, skins and settings are gone... is there a way to get it all back or I just have to start downloading all over again? :(

I'm pretty sad, because I already had a great collection, and I thought that this installer would just update the application itself and NOT MESS up all settings, beatmaps and skins.

I'll be looking forward to some answer :|
Delosias

iceniko wrote:

Hello to eveyrone, first time writing in the forums here at osu!

I've played couple months, and just decided to check the forums for a lot of the problems that I've encountered during this time.
Unfortunately, straight up I downloaded the latest .dmg file and installed (replaced) my osu! application, so now all my beatmaps, skins and settings are gone... is there a way to get it all back or I just have to start downloading all over again? :(

I'm pretty sad, because I already had a great collection, and I thought that this installer would just update the application itself and NOT MESS up all settings, beatmaps and skins.

I'll be looking forward to some answer :|
I'm afraid I have som bad news for you. If you right click the osu! app and Show Package Contents then navigate to /Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu! there are folders with Songs Replays and Skins so if you deleted the whole osu! app they are gone

When reinstalling osu! you should always navigate there and save the folders, then replace them in your new osu!
iceniko
Thanks for the quick response. I understood my mistake, and I'm starting to gather everything again.. it'll take me a while, but well...

Another question - is it possible to download beatmap packs and insert them directly into /Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu!/Songs ?
If that works - it'll make my life a lot easier than before, since I was dragging beatmaps one by one into the osu! application icon in a separate finder window. So I take one song, drag'n'drop, osu! opens, I close it, then repeat. For all of them. :-(
Delosias

iceniko wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I understood my mistake, and I'm starting to gather everything again.. it'll take me a while, but well...

Another question - is it possible to download beatmap packs and insert them directly into /Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu!/Songs ?
If that works - it'll make my life a lot easier than before, since I was dragging beatmaps one by one into the osu! application icon in a separate finder window. So I take one song, drag'n'drop, osu! opens, I close it, then repeat. For all of them. :-(
Never downloaded beatmap packs myself so i wont help you here but. When I download more songs at once i can just open osu! select them all in folder and open them at once. Osu! should load them all. At least it worked for me but right now my osu! doesnt work.
iceniko
Thanks again Delosias. I think my biggest problem will be finding the right skin, I used a really clear, minimalistic skin, blue-ish cursor (like a small blue ball/dot, smaller than the default one), circles where soft/generic colors, and the skin had an almost silent - like a clicking - sound.. that would be a nightmare to find. Anyways, thanks for the help! :-)
AGRX
Kurogamii

HiNAxDEATH wrote:

I would like to ask about the edit mode-- why does it always crash? It's supposed to be like that, there is not possible way to fix it, or is there someone going to fix it (sooner or later)? I know it's not easy, but I would like to know anyways, because I've always wanted to make my own maps but I just can't go into edit mode. In windows I don't have problem.
Oh, also, thanks a lot for the work everyone is doing! I remember that some years ago I was really sad because the port lacked a lot of things, but now it runs very smoothly except for some little things, like the crush for download maps on multiplayer without osu!direct and the before mentioned edit mode crash. Keep the good job!
well... i can't drag every song (.mp3 format) to the field to make a new map :cry:
AGRX
Kurogamii
well... i can't drag every song (.mp3 format) to the field to make a new map :cry:
if you cant then you can put a mp3 into osu!/Songs folder and press F5 and search for it
it works, thanks
SuperMoutarde
Hi! After a very long time not being able to play osu! because my PC broke, I eventually managed to run it on my macbook! Problem is I can't find the songs folder as it's not where it should be so i can't add songs :( anyone has an idea? thx for help

edit: nvm found the songs folder

edit2: any secret magic technic to sync the sound effects? :( sucks to play without hitsounds
HiNAxDEATH

Agrrox wrote:

HiNAxDEATH wrote:

Oh, also, thanks a lot for the work everyone is doing! I remember that some years ago I was really sad because the port lacked a lot of things, but now it runs very smoothly except for some little things, like the crush for download maps on multiplayer without osu!direct and the before mentioned edit mode crush. Keep the good job!
i hope you know that edit mode works only in windowed, because windows version of game dont support fullscreen editor mode
I actually never tried that!! Thanks a lot!!
Kurogamii

SuperMoutarde wrote:

Hi! After a very long time not being able to play osu! because my PC broke, I eventually managed to run it on my macbook! Problem is I can't find the songs folder as it's not where it should be so i can't add songs :( anyone has an idea? thx for help

edit: nvm found the songs folder

edit2: any secret magic technic to sync the sound effects? :( sucks to play without hitsounds
please see the first page

for hitsound try use some skins at here: 15
alvarogomides
The new OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is not running :/
Jessica_old_1

crashlaker

Jessica wrote:

Is anyone having this issue? It only occurs for me in windowed mode once the circles appear. I also can't skip intro scenes with the space bar or select mods with Q/W/E/etc.
I'm having the same problem :(
m_warsh
Is the anything going on with an update coming out?
AGRX
AGRX

i dont understand why these things happens and after minute osu just crashed ...
manjumochi

crashlaker wrote:

Jessica wrote:

Is anyone having this issue? It only occurs for me in windowed mode once the circles appear. I also can't skip intro scenes with the space bar or select mods with Q/W/E/etc.
I'm having the same problem :(
I had this problem before download the last version (20131322), which has some optimizations to run smoother. I recommend to backup the songs/skins/"important things" folder and score database.
Prysen_old
When i move my cursor to the side of osu! it always ends up on the other side, and this is very annoying when i play. ._. :cry:
and my mouse speed is not the speed i speed i normally use, even though inside osu! the mouse sensitivity is 1.0x and i still couldn't match my mouse speed when i was playing on my PC even after i changed the sensitivity to 3.0x the speed just feels so different, especially when you move around a lot in a boatman this is what happens, you move the mouse slowly, it goes the speed it has been set to (which is still pretty bad), then you start moving a little bit faster what happens to the mouse is that when you start to move it faster, it goes slow for the first few seconds or milliseconds then it goes extremely fast.
That the problem i have with my osu! in my macbook air.
AGRX
AkseS
Yallo ^^ I'm back after a lot of University stuff that needed to be dealt with. I'll be working on getting a fully compatible Mavericks build out ASAP as I have also upgraded to Mavericks so I can now test it. That said I'm no longer able to test anything below OS X 10.9 so I can't ensure how any further versions will work on older systems, though hopefully this new version will fix any old issues.

Also before you come with Mavericks issues be sure that your security settings are set to run Apps from any source and not just the App store.
Nines
I remember previously stating that the gameplay visuals are ahead of the audio (music). I take back "taking back" this statement. This is present. I've compared the differences between the old osu! to this new one and I have to compensate a lot for the time difference. The audio plays along just fine, but the visuals are what's "ahead." Perhaps this is Wine's fault?
m_warsh

CloseKnight wrote:

Yallo ^^ I'm back after a lot of University stuff that needed to be dealt with. I'll be working on getting a fully compatible Mavericks build out ASAP as I have also upgraded to Mavericks so I can now test it. That said I'm no longer able to test anything below OS X 10.9 so I can't ensure how any further versions will work on older systems, though hopefully this new version will fix any old issues.

Also before you come with Mavericks issues be sure that your security settings are set to run Apps from any source and not just the App store.
Fantastic to hear! Need any assistance?
smilingmonstar
when i tried to download osu and start the program it keep saying "osu!" can't be opened because it is from a unidentified developer." Help please!!
AGRX
ixquic
When I try to play Osu in full screen, the mouse start to fail. Anybody know how to fix that? :|
Kurogamii

Dango33 wrote:

When I try to play Osu in full screen, the mouse start to fail. Anybody know how to fix that? :|
did you try play it on windowed mode?
alvarogomides
I can't play with 2 monitors :/
Only with my MacBook Pro screen, when I turn the second monitor on, the osu! disappear and only runs in background, it appears again when I turn of.
show more