Sou - Kokoronashi [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
54
show more
iYiyo

Raiden wrote:

Nowhere does it say that we are obligated to icon anything we do not desire to. Nowhere does it say that we are morally obligated to not rank other BN maps because that's "disrespectful" to other mappers; in fact, that statement itself is a load of bollocks, simply a petty excuse for you not to work your way up like everyone with a ranked map has done before. We are not obligated to adjust to your safe space by not ranking a friend's or another BN's map just because that'd offend you and whatnot.
You clearly don't see the point here Raiden. This is not an excuse, I don't even map Taiko so this doesn't affect me at all. To not work like everyone with a ranked map has done before? You think the people who complains about the system are lazy people? Ok xd. And the thing here is not that if offends ME, but offends the community. I'm not thinking in my own personal favor, so please try to avoid statements like that.

Raiden wrote:

... and we CERTAINLY worked our asses off to get it, not only by mapping and modding extremely actively, but also socializing, which seems a dead cause in here.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. You look like a kid that say everything the comes to your mind.

Raiden wrote:

The system is not being abused, but you guys are simply not being part of it by complaining instead of being proactive members of this community, and doing something about your own situation. That's what I did, that's what you all can do.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. So as you say, the reason why we see the system is being abused is because we are not proactive members of this community and just because we are complaining? Seriously? C'mon Raiden, find better arguments.

Raiden wrote:

"well sucks to be you then"

Chromoxx wrote:

Basically what Raiden said hits the spot perfectly.
I don't think so, actually what you said makes more sense imo. I won't quote everything you mentioned, but it was accurately to say that for experienced mappers, sometimes "normal mods" are not necessary. Totally agree. Specially if the map is very simplistic, as Okorin said. This is just one case that went to the extreme, 3 posts, less than 2 days and ranked.

Just one thing that triggered me Chromoxx was the fact that you said that we're complaining about BN's getting maps ranked faster than normal mappers because BN's have the ability that some normal mappers don't have. Actually BN's, as far as I know, aren't good mappers, but good modders. Obviously there're a lot of BN's that are already good mappers. But then, why did Raiden said that by acting he meant becoming BN so that we can rank our stuff faster? Huh? We become better mappers when we get the Beatmap Nominator tag?

Well, I didn't come here because of the actual speedrank, but of the lack of arguments that Raiden provided, and then I just said some things that came to my mind.

Anyway, GL.
incandescence
I don't see use in trying to be reasonable anymore, it seems that there is a butt buddy relationship going on here that locks their vision to no one else's but their own.

If I'm ever BN like I'm setting out to do, I'm glad there is examples of things not to do like this one.
Topic Starter
Chromoxx
Usually being a good mapper and a good modder go hand in hand. As i said, the people who aren't BN but have the skills to produce ready content consistently can get maps ranked at a similar pace. Also what does the ammount of time before rank matter tbh? Wouldn't have changed a thing if Oko or Ozzy had waited a few days before modding... except maybe that people wouldn't have gone ape shit for no logical reason.

I made the map, felt pretty confident about it since i put a lot of effort into the individual diffs and the set was of a simplistic nature, so i asked Ozzy and Oko if they could take a look at it. Since they were free at the time and set looked good and didn't take too long to check i got it ranked pretty fast.
End of story.

In the last month i have iconed 19 maps, 14 of which are from non-BNG members, this is not including the stuff i modded casually, testplayed, gave general suggestions on irc for. Also i've been actively seeking out interesting maps for rank and pm-ing the creators about making a set so that i could help them get it ranked.

A bunch of people coming in after seeing some numbers on how fast something got ranked and posting salty comments about "speedrank" and "circlejerk" without actually knowing a thing about what is going on behind the scenes is just plain ignorant.
I would agree this is a problem if all I was doing is abusing my position to get my maps ranked, but this is not the case. I am more active than most people in terms of both modding and mapping, so it only makes sense that i also get things ranked at a steady pace.

Can we all please just stop with the salt now and enjoy this song, the reason why i mapped this in the first place.
If i was the type of person to effortly shit out maps just for the sake of it i would have mapped this: https://youtu.be/wkQ-bUseXNY

I do not wish to be involved in any drama, I just want to help this community by getting more maps ranked, whether it be by iconing other peoples maps or pushing things out myself. I believe this set has good potential to get people interested in taiko, since it's the most popular cover on youtube for a very popular song, which is not ranked for any other gamemode. Adding to the fact that it's aimed toward beginner players people who search for this cover of the song in the ranked section will only find this and maybe give taiko a try.

Just sad that the thread is now littered with jealousy, salt and hate.
iYiyo

Chromoxx wrote:

I do not wish to be involved in any drama, I just want to help this community by getting more maps ranked, whether it be by iconing other peoples maps or pushing things out myself. I believe this set has good potential to get people interested in taiko, since it's the most popular cover on youtube for a very popular song, which is not ranked for any other gamemode. Adding to the fact that it's aimed toward beginner players people who search for this cover of the song in the ranked section will only find this and maybe give taiko a try.

Just sad that the thread is now littered with jealousy, salt and hate.
Don't confuse and say it's jealousy, salt or hate please. At least not from me. Glad that you make such kind of maps for the community, not bad song.

I'm also gonna stop drama here. xD
Raiden

iYiyo wrote:

Raiden wrote:

Nowhere does it say that we are obligated to icon anything we do not desire to. Nowhere does it say that we are morally obligated to not rank other BN maps because that's "disrespectful" to other mappers; in fact, that statement itself is a load of bollocks, simply a petty excuse for you not to work your way up like everyone with a ranked map has done before. We are not obligated to adjust to your safe space by not ranking a friend's or another BN's map just because that'd offend you and whatnot.
You clearly don't see the point here Raiden. This is not an excuse, I don't even map Taiko so this doesn't affect me at all. To not work like everyone with a ranked map has done before? You think the people who complains about the system are lazy people? Ok xd. And the thing here is not that if offends ME, but offends the community. I'm not thinking in my own personal favor, so please try to avoid statements like that.

Raiden wrote:

... and we CERTAINLY worked our asses off to get it, not only by mapping and modding extremely actively, but also socializing, which seems a dead cause in here.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. You look like a kid that say everything the comes to your mind.

Raiden wrote:

The system is not being abused, but you guys are simply not being part of it by complaining instead of being proactive members of this community, and doing something about your own situation. That's what I did, that's what you all can do.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. So as you say, the reason why we see the system is being abused is because we are not proactive members of this community and just because we are complaining? Seriously? C'mon Raiden, find better arguments.

Raiden wrote:

"well sucks to be you then"

Chromoxx wrote:

Basically what Raiden said hits the spot perfectly.
I don't think so, actually what you said makes more sense imo. I won't quote everything you mentioned, but it was accurately to say that for experienced mappers, sometimes "normal mods" are not necessary. Totally agree. Specially if the map is very simplistic, as Okorin said. This is just one case that went to the extreme, 3 posts, less than 2 days and ranked.

Just one thing that triggered me Chromoxx was the fact that you said that we're complaining about BN's getting maps ranked faster than normal mappers because BN's have the ability that some normal mappers don't have. Actually BN's, as far as I know, aren't good mappers, but good modders. Obviously there're a lot of BN's that are already good mappers. But then, why did Raiden said that by acting he meant becoming BN so that we can rank our stuff faster? Huh? We become better mappers when we get the Beatmap Nominator tag?

Well, I didn't come here because of the actual speedrank, but of the lack of arguments that Raiden provided, and then I just said some things that came to my mind.

Anyway, GL.
Lack of arguments, when you have provided none, I like where you're going with this. Goes to show the close minded mentality some members of the community have; and surprise surprise, they are the ones that complain the most yet do nothing to remedy the situation. Big sarcastic clap for them.

You clearly don't see the point here Raiden. This is not an excuse, I don't even map Taiko so this doesn't affect me at all. To not work like everyone with a ranked map has done before? You think the people who complains about the system are lazy people? Ok xd. And the thing here is not that if offends ME, but offends the community. I'm not thinking in my own personal favor, so please try to avoid statements like that.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. You look like a kid that say everything the comes to your mind.
Again, please try to avoid statements like that. So as you say, the reason why we see the system is being abused is because we are not proactive members of this community and just because we are complaining? Seriously? C'mon Raiden, find better arguments.
So many arguments right there, I lost count ^
Not only you provided zero arguments, but also recurred to going full ad hominem saying I look like a kid. Typical of someone who loses arguments quite often.
I'm not going to spend any more time in this nonsense, I already said everything that was needed to say.

The fact that people get fast ranked maps triggers you? Sucks to be you then.
iYiyo
xDD it's ok. Nothing to discuss here then.
Stefan
Okay uhm.. mind if we set a final point here? If you have a good reason to question the qualify, please give a proper feedback and try to help. Anything else should be avoided.
Hareimu
nice set.
Guardistack-
just wonder why its just 2 difficulty while the map duration BELOW 5 min

also... where is the BASIC RULES that we need to wait 1 - 2 weeks to getting bubbled?this map simply broke it
Stefan

SE_LovelySoul wrote:

just wonder why its just 2 difficulty while the map duration BELOW 5 min
The rule says to have at least two difficulties, one for for the lesser good, one for the better players.


SE_LovelySoul wrote:

also... where is the BASIC RULES that we need to wait 1 - 2 weeks to getting bubbled?this map simply broke it
t/516786 4th last point of BNG Rules:
There must be at least 24 hours between placing a bubble and qualifying a mapset. This is to give other members of the community and Beatmap Nominators a bit of time to think about whether they want to veto the placed bubble.
The time between the bubble and qualification were around 32 hours.
-[ Dumpling ]-
<
Niko-nyan

SE_LovelySoul wrote:

just wonder why its just 2 difficulty while the map duration BELOW 5 min

also... where is the BASIC RULES that we need to wait 1 - 2 weeks to getting bubbled?this map simply broke it
clarification about the 2nd lines : that he meant is the old of the map, not the proccess between bubbled to qualify
Nysrogh
So much angry people on this thread wtf, btw Congrats~~
5urface
Your entitlement sickens me
Topic Starter
Chromoxx

SE_LovelySoul wrote:

just wonder why its just 2 difficulty while the map duration BELOW 5 min

also... where is the BASIC RULES that we need to wait 1 - 2 weeks to getting bubbled?this map simply broke it
A set must contain at least 2 difficulties, at least one of which must be an easy or normal. The lowest difficulty must be under 2 stars.
People should educate themselves on the ranking criteria before making posts like these.

There is no rule about how long a map must be submitted before getting bubbled, since that would be pretty nonsensical in general, the only rule concerning time is the 24 hour rule between bubbled and qualified.
People should educate themselves on the BNG rules before making these kind of posts.

Thank you. At least this will be a learning experience to you regarding ranking criteria and rules in general, since you seemed to be rather uneducated on the subject.
Nelly

Raiden wrote:

The fact that people get fast ranked maps triggers you? Sucks to be you then.
Didnt we had Monstrata speedranking on it? I wonder...
zigizigiefe
wtf did just happen Gratz :)
Surono
gratz!

zigizigiefe wrote:

wtf did just happen Gratz :)
Hi Efe, how about your best friend map? need to rank? or you dont want it cuz people will say " dem plis rank noice pp or moar combo or many diffs dem, not short or just wanna have ranked map hauehuhe ".
Sotarks
Idk why poeple are even trying to throw salt on this kind of situation, what do you guys want ? Making him wait 2 weeks and rank just for "it" will change something?
Absolutly not, if the map is ready to go, just <insert nice meme>
Pachiru
when people are getting more salty than it:



congratz mr chromoxzzzz
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply