forum

The osu! (bi-)monthly #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hi peoples. The team behind the osu! newsletter have been hard at work on their second release. Go read it here. jjrocks says "We were thrilled by the support we received from issue #1 and we will continue working hard to create great content for you."
dkun
gj guys.
8-)
Tenshi
I actually enjoyed reading that, and I hate reading newspapers. :)

Keep up the good work~.
theMikeAG
I enjoyed reading this. Kudos for creating an entertaining and informative article. ^_^
Luvdic
Ill be honest.. I expected more from this issue, but i guess thats partly my fault heh.
akrolsmir
Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page? Otherwise, nice to read, though the content was kind of more informative than it needed to be. Also, walls of text and whatnot. But good job overall!
Zelos
go go go go jjrocks brah!
Ikillforpies
Very nice~
keep up the good work!
yeahyeahyeahhh

akrolsmir wrote:

Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page? Otherwise, nice to read, though the content was kind of more informative than it needed to be. Also, walls of text and whatnot. But good job overall!
nah me too

I liked the read from peppy
arien666

Tatsuo and peppy's interview wrote:

Here's a question from a Taiko player. "There are achievements for osu! standard, and for Catch the Beat, but why haven't there been Taiko achievements added yet?"

Because no-one has created them yet. I would suggest a feature request topic. Including artwork for the achievements would speed things up, too.
Graphic assets don't just fall from the sky, unfortunately. Also, when the development team is so small, some aspects of the game regularly get overlooked.
Actually, there was some thread about discussing of Taiko achievements.
But if there needs artwork... I would invite some people for artworks ;_;
Also, I hope that Taiko achievements would be successfully discussed on somewhere ;_;
Vext_old
Indeed good job, it is impressive, though it does feel like it's lacking writers for more content/articles.
Sallad4ever
it's nice to have the osu! Newsletter back.
there isn't any news regarding taiko world cup ? even though there an article on owc

regardless of that still a nice good job ion this :3

Edit: about the interview, it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
YGOkid8

Sallad4ever wrote:

it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
this. for the next issue with the interview with ztrot, people who aren't really active in the community might not know who ztrot is. not that anybody wouldn't cause he's that awesome, but just saying :D
jjrocks
Thanks for the feedback everyone (both good and bad). Now time to answer some questions

akrolsmir wrote:

Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page?
This is a google docs issue, it'll display correctly on most computers (depending on resolution) but for others there will be an issue.

Vext wrote:

Indeed good job, it is impressive, though it does feel like it's lacking writers for more content/articles.
*points to the apply button at the bottom*

Sallad4ever wrote:

there isn't any news regarding taiko world cup ?
It will be coming on the next issue.

Sallad4ever wrote:

about the interview, it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll consider it during the next meeting.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Good reading material, especially the interview with peppy.
Vish024
Nice job. Definitely needs more content but it's improving on an exponential curve.
Topic Starter
peppy
You can't make a curve with two points of data.
Aqua
Pretty nice :)
Quaraezha
Awesome job and it was really interesting to read
But I really think it's too short and lacks more content.
But 'twas aight.
GladiOol
More interviews \:D/ The one with peppy was great to read~
Having interviews with players etc. would be nice too \:D/

@Doomsday, you're a mouse + keyboard player, not just mouse player D:
Mouse players use just mouse D:
aston_old
interview with peppy and an article that tells you tablet isn't the get good at osu! method.
loved it.
Dai
it's #2 huh?
I thought It was #3
GamerX4life
really good job!
Corin
\o/ Whoo! Glad to see people like it ;)

Thank's to all the people who gave us some input about it too :D

Corin~
Sallad4ever

GladiOol wrote:

More interviews \:D/ The one with peppy was great to read~
Having interviews with players etc. would be nice too \:D/
inb4 everyone requesting for Cookiezi :P
iobham
Is that beatmap about how you created osu! telling the true story?
What map is this referring to?
Starrodkirby86

iobham wrote:

Is that beatmap about how you created osu! telling the true story?
What map is this referring to?
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6818 , Federica Felini - Je t'aime

It was one of the first original Storyboard creations within osu!, so at that time, it was pretty awesome, haha.
ShaggoN
Great job!
Aaaand I'm really glad of seeing Doomsdays article about Mouse vs Tablet, and i really hope it will decrease amount of recieved spam xD
storm704
nice read. Maybe in the next issue can we get interview with some popular beatmappers?
Shota
Good job guys~!
Sup A Noob
Great read. Everyone can now shut the flying <censored> up about mouse and tablets and which is better.

Now we need someone to tell everyone CTB isn't as easy as it looks.
KRZY
Love Doomsday's interview on Mouse vs. Tablet, that was what most of us tablet users wanted to say I think :3

Great job everyone~!
Yowane _ Haku
moe moe w
KDS
Great! >w<
Kikirikiaga
Very nice work :D i like it so much, specially the article of Doomsday, keep the good work guys
aevv_old

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

Great read. Everyone can now shut the flying <censored> up about mouse and tablets and which are better.
except that interview literally said "i dont have any experience and barely tried one, but its not better"
tablet IS better for control when you get very experienced with it
ziin

aevv wrote:

except that interview literally said "i dont have any experience and barely tried one, but its not better"
No, I think that pen and tablet is easier to get good at, not necessarily "better", though you could argue that "better" is whatever is more efficient. There are plenty of excellent one handers out there as well, but it's so much easier to use 2 hands, so there are more 2 handers out there (in every game, not just osu). If you're already good, it doesn't matter much what you use, which is the case for doomsday. Same is the case for switching from mouse acceleration on vs off. In fact, if osu were played differently, with few jumps and more streams, mouse acceleration actually helps significantly.

If tablet weren't significantly easier, why on earth would anyone buy/use a tablet just for osu, then continue using it after they somehow decide it's not easier or better than a mouse? Mice are useful in almost every application, while tablets are not.

Same with switches vs scissor vs buckling spring vs rubber dome keyboards.
Sup A Noob

aevv wrote:

It's like saying mouse is better for control when you get very experienced with it.

Really, is there really a right or wrong way for playing osu!?
Hyde
read with interest. good job guys. :)
ShaggoN
And here we go... *facepalm*
This topic is about newsletter, and not about tablet and mouse.
i may be stupid but what newsletter ? :/
jjrocks

i may be stupid but what newsletter ? :/

peppy wrote:

Hi peoples. The team behind the osu! newsletter have been hard at work on their second release. Go read it here. jjrocks says "We were thrilled by the support we received from issue #1 and we will continue working hard to create great content for you."
*cough*
Vext_old

jjrocks wrote:

Vext wrote:

*points to the apply button at the bottom*
Sure.
xvicxpx
This is great i loved the one about mouse vs tablet since i am a mouse user and i was thinking about buying a tablet since everyone told me it was easier GREAT JOB
DerekMcD
I can say this. I wanted to make money for a tablet to draw (Yes, I'm a furry artist). But I wanted to use it for this game here too.

I think a mouse could be a little fun exercise for your hand, just like DDR, Drum Mania, and Guitar Hero (this one discontinued...). And I also start using the keyboard of Hard and Insane mode last month. That's a fun exercise too.

Sorry to saying this but on my opinion, mouse could be a little exercise than a tablet (you could use this to draw though and I still want a tablet...).
Sinistro

ShaggoN wrote:

And here we go... *facepalm*
This topic is about newsletter, and not about tablet and mouse.

kokoroanime wrote:

(Yes, I'm a furry artist)
Who asked?
Claudia_old
Nobody, as usual.

And I liked this issue!
passui
i like this~
ddrXero64
Awesome newsletter. I know you told me to read it a while ago jjrocks, I kinda forgot. But it was well done, are you guys planning to do another one soon? I would love to help with minor things since I'm not a big part of the community at all, but I proofread well, and I can help write some if you need it. Anyway, great article on the tournament, I enjoyed that one the most. I would love to support the newsletter, let me know what's up! (I just found the thread, I may have missed some updates)

Edit: lol, I should've read more. Bi-monthly, got it, and it seems this was just released. So I'm guessing you're putting stuff together for the next one eh? :P
Starrodkirby86

ddrXero64 wrote:

Awesome newsletter. I know you told me to read it a while ago jjrocks, I kinda forgot. But it was well done, are you guys planning to do another one soon? I would love to help with minor things since I'm not a big part of the community at all, but I proofread well, and I can help write some if you need it. Anyway, great article on the tournament, I enjoyed that one the most. I would love to support the newsletter, let me know what's up! (I just found the thread, I may have missed some updates)

Edit: lol, I should've read more. Bi-monthly, got it, and it seems this was just released. So I'm guessing you're putting stuff together for the next one eh? :P
You can give an application here: http://goo.gl/3cyOP

Note that you'll need to provide something from one of your works, or portfolio, for whatever position you apply for.

You can give suggestions by clicking this link here: http://goo.gl/fd8oS

Both of these links are found at the bottom of the newsletter.

We are working hard to make a June Edition.
show more