Let us see when Cookiezi plays this mapset with HDDT.
Few questions:almost all of my "abusive" NCs are to emphasize the next vocal to its fullest, and since i follow ONLY the vocals, if the vocals are getting stronger i NC each time, the only part where i could remove NCs are 01:20:774 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - and 04:05:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - but i wanted to express the buildup
Take controll diff:
Ar9.2 intentional or there is something behind this considering it's a slow song? yes it's intentionnal, and there is a lower diff on the map,
so it's just a spread
01:20:774 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - This could be a one pattern, why "1-2-1-2" when nothing in music/vocals fits this specific pattern?
01:35:683 (1,2,1,2) - ^ - one pattern without "1-2-1-2" fits way better
01:36:411 (1,2,1,2) - ^
02:51:319 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^ (1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 works better imo)
04:05:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^
04:21:501 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^ (1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4)
04:34:410 (2) - extend with slider, connect to 04:34:956 (1) - ? i don't understand what you mean here
04:46:228 (1,2,1,2) - 1-2-3-4, remove new combo
04:57:138 (1,2,1,2) - one combo, one pattern, inconsistent towards what is earlier i could have but you can see the buildup to the last pattern easily lol
04:58:774 (2,1,2) - could you explain why earlier you either doesn't map this part / make it a slider towards vocals, here make it like that? i mapped it earlier ???? and if you mean here 04:34:410 (2) - then you must listen to the song before please because there is no beats or neither vocals here while there is at the part you mentionned
Sorry for lack of formatting etc, mods in the morning on good song are hard *hides*
Overall besides in my personal opinion abusement of 1-2 it's solid, i definitely see myself farming this.
- 00:18:956 - clap missing
- 02:14:228 - Normal hitsound add + clap missing
- 03:50:956 - ^
In addition about more subjective points:
[Kalitarks' Insane :]
- 00:25:138 (4) - Could this slider have the same shape than 00:24:410 (1) - (right now https://puu.sh/vEcod/defc98452c.png ) ?
- 01:28:410 - Weird to play drum beat passively when you do exteded sliders like 01:26:592 (3,1) - to make them playable during the same section.
[Take Control! :]
- 04:14:956 (4) - This slider shouldn't be extended like you did on other kiai (01:29:138 (3) - / 02:44:774 (4) - ) ? ya
- 04:36:047 (1) - Why this slider is the only extended one of this section ? Also miss the vocal change at 04:36:228 - . i wanted to marks the "yeah" which is 3/4 there,
In addition to Noz's post:so yea i'll ask for dq
- 00:40:047 (6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Why is this so different from 00:45:865 (6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ? The first one has way fewer circles but the second is just jump-spam. The music hasn't even changed to justify this imo. yeah you're right
- 01:29:865 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1) - The triple here is on the white tick but in 01:41:501 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2) - it's before the white tick? The music is still the same so I don't really understand why the triple suddenly shifted a beat. Then at 02:45:501 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - you don't even USE a triple. 02:51:138 (6,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - here I can understand because the vocals are different, though. Then suddenly 02:57:138 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2) - we have a triple again. Overall the usage of triples in the jumps are very inconsistent and I suggest looking over and making them more consistent. well,
for thoses i've been listening closely with .25% or .50% and there's a 1/4 beat on different spots so
- 00:58:592 - Missing a whistle.
- 02:17:865 - From here you start mapping to the background synths and 1/1 drums which is fine, the vocals here are pretty boring I'll admit, but then why at 02:23:683 - do you switch to following vocals? There's still the synth in the back and it's still at the same intensity. This switch in rhythm focus doesn't feel right imo. i've been following the vocals here for both parts (and the whole map)
- 02:28:956 (1,2,3) - This doesn't feel very transition-y either, it's the same movement, the same pattern, just more spacing and an NC. Something to give it more differentiation would be cool. i've been thinking about swapping 02:28:956 (1,3) - so yeah
- 03:10:228 (1,2,3,4,5) - The song hasn't really changed, there's only more emphasis on 03:10:228 - which can easily be covered with a spacing increase. Suddenly mapping triples after this point and not before when the song again, hasn't really changed, also feels quite inconsistent. 03:29:138 - Same deal here, the song hasn't changed other than a pitch/key increase, but the triples you start mapping already existed before, so they should have been already mapped imo. to be honest i admit there is a mistake of mine, but with the next changes i'll do only vocal without the mentionned 1/4s to highlight more the vocals (which i follow)
- 03:36:774 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - I don't feel like this jump section is really justified because it's practically the same as parts like 03:31:319 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2) - where you don't map purely jumps like this. Using the excuse "it's transitioning into the next part" doesn't really fit here imo because this part 03:37:865 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - is the transition part, not 03:36:410 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7). to be honest i think that's fine, i had in mind like you said "it's transitioning into the next part", and only 4 circles would feels too little, and introducing a full jumps pattern earlier would feel soo out of place
- 03:53:047 - Doesn't really need to exist because there's no note here in the synth you're following. The song leaves a break here, so maybe make 03:52:956 (6) - a kickslider instead to take off the click but still keep the constant 1/4. theres a note here
- 03:55:683 (3) - You skip a synth at 03:55:774 - you normally would have mapped, no? but i think what i was following here is pretty clear,
if i'd map it with a kickslider or a note on the blue tick it'll feel too out of place imo
- 03:56:774 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Same thing about transitioning parts, this isn't the place to use a transition imo, it should be at 03:57:138 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - because the rhythm at 03:55:319 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - repeats itself at 03:56:774 (1,2,3,4) - but you instead mapped a stream. the melody is clearly different here
- 04:27:319 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Pretty sure these should be 1>2 jumps considering 04:33:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - are. Depends on your intention because the last ones are "transitional" ones I suppose. Up to you.
- 04:32:592 (5) - This 5 seems to be in the wrong place consistency-wise considering 01:46:592 (4) - is mapped to the vocals before the snare so it stays --clickable, whereas in 04:32:592 (5) - the snare is not clickable and feels like it should be. yeah
- 04:57:138 (1,2,1,2) - And these shouldn't be 1>2 jumps because you use them for emphasis purposes when the vocal goes up, right? but... they should be 1>2 because i'm emphasizing the vocals xD
[Kalitarks' Insane :]
- 00:25:138 (4) - Could this slider have the same shape than 00:24:410 (1) - (right now https://puu.sh/vEcod/defc98452c.png ) ? i disagree. it's not really noticeable while playing, also not planned to make them same shape. diffirent styles i guess.
- 01:28:410 - Weird to play drum beat passively when you do exteded sliders like 01:26:592 (3,1) - to make them playable during the same section. ? i just wanted to express vocals in this part of song, as you can see i did the same rhythm in this whole kiai :c
- 04:27:319 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Pretty sure these should be 1>2 jumps considering 04:33:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - are. Depends on your intention because the last ones are "transitional" ones I suppose. Up to you. it would be inconstant with kiais tho like 02:57:138 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) -updated
I'm fine with most of it but I still don't think 04:57:138 (1,2,1,2) - should be NC'd (call me petty yes) and here's why:well that sound fair, but i still think keeping at least the first nc 04:57:138 (1) - is needed
For most of the map the only emphasis you ever use in vocal jumps in the kiais is 1>2 NC'ing and increased spacing. When you do this at the end of the map here you remove one of those tools to emphasize the final vocals that start at 04:57:865. Because the previous notes were already 1>2 you can't use the NCing to show a change, thus the emphasis is actually weaker than in other parts of the map like 03:02:228 (1,2,1,2). Come to think of it isn't 01:46:592 (4,5,6) - supposed to be all circles? And if it isn't, this is a good example of how your NCing can provide some emphasis for the increase in intensity on the downbeat.
I'm not saying it's bad to have them 1>2 before the downbeat, but you don't make use of many flow changes so the emphasis gets very lost when you NC before a major song change. That coupled with 04:56:228 (2,1,2,3) - not being normally NC'd ruins the NC patterning imo.
That's my two cents, but I feel it would definitely benefit the map to keep the NCing for the downbeat instead of before it.
taiko things before this get requalified, since i noticed quite a bit when playingThanks !
[Oni's Inner Arrival]
- 00:04:047 - to 00:27:319 - is lacking in variety concepts, which makes this over 20sec section very stale, repeating only d k d k d in the first part although the vocals are somewhat varied and could make for more interesting and varied combinations at some parts
then the second half from 00:15:683 - is also repeating the same pattern, using the same kd doublet every time... a solution would be to change 00:17:774 - and 00:23:592 - to dd, 00:20:683 - and 00:26:592 - to kk for some interesting variation which emphasizes the vocals quite well too, starting from 00:27:319 - clear variation concepts are being used, which is good -> Changed for the second half
- 01:25:138 - could be a cool ninja note cos of the unexpected and unique nature of the sound -> Applied
- 01:25:501 - structure and use of the doublets in the kiai could be improved a bit, i feel like at the moment there are kinda too many doublets breaking the flow and some breaks are happening while not cohering to the existing structure. for instance you mapped the note to the vocal at 01:25:683 - and didn't map it at 01:37:319 - . I can see why you wanted to have a bit of a flow break here and not at the start, but as it is now it's kinda incoherent... also the doublet is mapped the same as the other ones in the kiai at 01:28:683 - even though they sound very different. My suggestion to keep a more solid and coherent flow in the kiai would be to delete 01:25:683 - and add notes at these places 01:34:410 - (i would suggest making the triplet there something that doesn't pop up in other parts of the kiai though to give it a kind of unique feel.. this may be kdk or kkk but you'd need to change one triplet at 01:40:956 - or 01:43:683 - to something else if you did this). Of course there are also other ways to make it better, if you want to keep all the doublets you could just delete 01:36:956 (501,502) - and add 01:37:319 - or delete 01:25:683 - and make one set of doublets different. -> Made the doublets more logical to fit the song, but not a whole lot has been changed
- 02:06:228 - this part is again lacking variety concepts for better emphasis of the changing vocals, the pattern at 02:12:047 - is the same as before even though the vocals are different, while pattern matches the vocals for 02:06:228 - pretty well, it goes okay but not as well as it could potentially go for 02:12:047 - since the vocals are different, just change the second half up a bit to match better and give more variety to the player -> Small changes
- 02:40:956 - delete this for more impact on 02:41:138 - like you had at 01:25:319 - and then you can put a finish (+ninja?) on 02:40:774 - since it's a pretty unique and unexpected sound -> Applied
- 02:41:138 - basically the same thing goes for the second kiai as i said for the first
- 03:08:774 - since this repetition of the rythm has a distinct change in melody i'd suggest making it slightly different from the previous ones for a more interesting variation -> Changed to kd
- 03:21:865 - i don't really think the finisher here fits, i know there's that very faint cymbal crash in the background but it's kinda quiet and breaks the way you're following the vocals here.. if you want to focus on the crash though you're missing the finisher at 03:16:047 - (same goes for the other similar finishers in this section) -> Removed
- 03:39:319 - idk, maybe you could do some interesting SV shenanigans here since stuff kinda gets distorted a bit and sounds interesting enough to warrant it -> Added
- 03:44:956 - i'd suggest ending the 1/6 pattern with a k since there's both a very high vocal thingie and a cymbal crash there, so maybe kddk or kkdk would work.. or actually since the pitch goes up at 03:44:865 - you could make the whole pattern dk(dddk) to match the pitches perfectly -> I'll still follow the d k d k structure that the big notes gave a bit before, most of all now since the SV is increased
- 03:46:228 - could be ninja -> Changed
- 04:09:683 - i think 1.2 SV would be more appropriate here, i don't have a problem with the SV itsself but rather with the increase from the notes before, since it isn't that much more intense to warrant an increase by 0.3x SV, if you had the notes before as 1.1x SV it would be fine though (would need to apply before the other kiais too then) -> Done
- 04:11:138 - i'd suggest deleting this note to leave more impact on 04:11:319 - like you did before the first (and second?) kiai -> Alright
- 04:11:319 - last kiai may need changing a bit depending on what you did about the previous kiais, if you chose the option which involved adding a note at 01:37:319 - it's fine as it is tho
- 04:35:865 - delete this, for further emphasis on 04:35:683 - and 04:36:047 - ... as it is now the note kinda looks very bad sitting in the middle there -> Applied
- 04:38:956 - dropping down the density this drastically here isn't a good idea imo, the intense vocals are gone but the music in the background is still just as intense so i would suggest making it a bit denser... you can compensate for the effect you were trying to go for by adding some flow breaks through doublets (goes for the other parts like this in the kiai too) -> Changed
- 04:57:865 - to 04:59:319 - is kinda the climax/end of the song and you map it with only 1/2, i know what you were going for (trying to emphasize this and go out smoothly through a longer 1/2 pattern which contrasts itsself from what was going on in the rest of the kiai) but i feel like rowing several 1/4 patterns in a row here (04:58:047 - kdk 04:58:410 - dkd 04:58:774 - kdkkd or something like that) would be better emphasis -> Kind of changed
One general thing i noticed about the map that could possibly be done better is the use of doublet flow breaks after a new measure in nearly all parts of the map, which may make the pattern become kinda repetitive in the progress, since it's a 5min map and it repeats itsself a lot... maybe try to make that a bit more varied (if you need further explanation about what exactly i mean hmu ingame)
Pretty nice map in general though, stream patterns were nice and a lot of stuff flowed pretty interestingly, loved how the stream at 03:14:774 - follows the music perfectly while playing really interestingly, good job overall!