forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Haskorion

Sanxu wrote:

Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't seem to enable song select thumbnails for custom skins. I have them enabled in the options and I have the skin's .ini version 2.2, but the thumbnails still don't show up.
Make sure you wrote it under the [General] section and start 'Version: 2.2' with a capital letter. Missing capitalization is a major mistake I often see on skin.ini-files.
Angelo

Storb wrote:

Angelo wrote:

Someone knows where I can download the new default menu sounds please ? (see below)
This thread might be useful for you. Has the default skin as a template, which includes a few of those sounds.
I already know this topic and the sounds I was searching for are not there, but thanks anyway for trying to help :/
If someone else knows how to get the hitsounds mentioned above, please tell me :)
Sanxu_old

Haskorion wrote:

Sanxu wrote:

Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't seem to enable song select thumbnails for custom skins. I have them enabled in the options and I have the skin's .ini version 2.2, but the thumbnails still don't show up.
Make sure you wrote it under the [General] section and start 'Version: 2.2' with a capital letter. Missing capitalization is a major mistake I often see on skin.ini-files.
I could have sworn the v was capital, could barely tell the difference in notepad. Thanks mate.
OsuMe65

Angelo wrote:

Someone knows where I can download the new default menu sounds please ? (see below)
Tried to make *all* of those and *all* files listed there do work. (not sure for other formats)
It's not bundled in the template though.
Esty
:?: Hello mates, how to fix it? I have a problem w/ stacking numbers after >9 combo in a row~
Rio-

Kripparium wrote:

:?: Hello mates, how to fix it? I have a problem w/ stacking numbers after >9 combo in a row~
open your skin.ini and change the value of "HitCircleOverlap: *numbers*"
i believe the value is more than 20, change it to 0 or between 1-10
Esty

Rio- wrote:

open your skin.ini and change the value of "HitCircleOverlap: *numbers*"
i believe the value is more than 20, change it to 0 or between 1-10
This is not help. On picture HitCircleOverlap: 0 (1, 2, 3 etc. tryed it all).
OsuMe65
That method (HitCircleOverlap: *image width, height) works on dots perfectly, not on numbers
The overlap at 10 onwards is inevitable.
Fatal3ty
Method for Kripparium:

Hitcircleoverlay-0.png make a Hitcircle
default-0.png - default-9.png make a numbers without Circle!
Change Skin.ini - Hitcircleoverlap: 0
Change Skin.ini - HitcircleAboveNumbers: 0 to 1

Esty

Fatal3ty wrote:

Method for Kripparium:

This not what I want, but thank you anyway :D
Or I dont understand you...
What to do with item 1? Item 2 - only numbers 1-9 in 160-160 pngbox?
Fatal3ty

Kripparium wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

Method for Kripparium:

This not what I want, but thank you anyway :D
Or I dont understand you...
What to do with item 1? Item 2 - only numbers 1-9 in 160-160 pngbox?
Only Numbers 1-9, see it in Peppys Template Skin (Numbers is not 160x160px!!)

HitcircleAboveNumbers: 1 is right. (0 is disable, 1 is enable)
Esty

Fatal3ty wrote:

Only Numbers 1-9, see it in Peppys Template Skin (Numbers is not 160x160px!!)

HitcircleAboveNumbers: 1 is right. (0 is disable, 1 is enable)
Ah, okay, thank you! :lol:
LoveMePlz
Hello everyone im making an own skin but i have a problem, the parts, menu-button-background, fail-backgroun and ranking panel dont work and i dont know why, can anybody maybe help me?
Fleuret
Are they in .png format? Are you playing widescreen? If so then add @2x at the end of the name, like menu-button-background@2x.
xDesmond
I want to make this skin without sliderends: http://puu.sh/fEX5t/bbd2f6944f.osk
Can someone do this for me or tell me how?
This skin is not mine, I just found it on reddit. All credits go to him.
Ty :)
incelost
The sliderend-stuff has been explained so often :roll:

Take a look here.
xDesmond
the problem is I dont know how to create a circle around the number.
I have no experience with this. :/
manjumochi

Fatal3ty wrote:

Method for Kripparium:

This helps me a lot, thanks.
Storb

xDesmond wrote:

I want to make this skin without sliderends: http://puu.sh/fEX5t/bbd2f6944f.osk
Can someone do this for me or tell me how?
This skin is not mine, I just found it on reddit. All credits go to him.
Ty :)
Here you go. Really easy using the alternative method from Franzium--wherein you replace hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png with an invisible picture, and make hitcircleoverlay-0.png your regular hitcircle.

One caveat, however--hitcircles will no longer show the proper combo colors. This is the one unavoidable catch with having removed slider ends.

Can anyone tell me the default resolution of multi-skipped.png? And is there a limit to the amount of frames usable in elements that can be animated (e.g. play-skip, menu-back--can these have an infinite amount of frames for an animation)?

EDIT: In addition, is there a way to remove the desaturated effect that occurs when you fail a song in multiplayer? Disabling in-game shaders does disable the near-failure red overlay, but this effect is otherwise unaffected.
xDesmond
Ty for helping me but is there another method where I can use proper combo colors?
manjumochi

xDesmond wrote:

Ty for helping me but is there another method where I can use proper combo colors?
From what I know, probably no. You'll have to use hitcircle.png to use proper combo colors but this also kills the effect of "no slider end circles".
Genius
Greetings

So, I am in the middle of making a skin, which I want to be quite minimal. I managed to make some hitbursts (the 300s to be exact) invisible but that also made them invisible on the ranking board. My question being, is it possible to make them invisible in-game without altering their rank board visibility ?
deadbeat
yes. it is. you can use both 300.png and 300-0.png
300.png will appear on the ranking panel and 300-0.png will appear while playing
I Have Autism
Sorry if i posting in wrong place, pls notice me.
Do somebody still keep the SAO II health bar .psd file ? Since the OP has been banned but i very like that health bar. I need that psd file so i can self-edit my own.
Thanks
Genius

deadbeat wrote:

yes. it is. you can use both 300.png and 300-0.png
300.png will appear on the ranking panel and 300-0.png will appear while playing
Thank you very much!
autoteleology
Does anyone have a complete list of which menu audio elements are skinnable? And why can I not skin whoosh.wav? I thought supporters had that ability.
Keihyan
I want to make life gauge which has my name like skin of rafis. how can i make it? and what software do i needed for?
Storb

Philosofikal wrote:

Does anyone have a complete list of which menu audio elements are skinnable? And why can I not skin whoosh.wav? I thought supporters had that ability.
Not 100%, but in regards to just menu-related elements (referring to Global section of Sounds in the Skinning article on the wiki), I've only ever seen the following in other skins and working:
  1. welcome.wav
  2. seeya.wav
  3. menuhit.wav
  4. menuback.wav
  5. menuclick.wav
  6. applause.wav
I believe multiplayer elements (match-join.wav, match-leave.wav, etc.) are also modifiable. Everything else I don't think can be changed--haven't tested it myself yet though. The only thing being a supporter allows you to modify that you otherwise wouldn't be able to is welcome.wav and seeya.wav (in terms of sounds).

Kei1koh2 wrote:

I want to make life gauge which has my name like skin of rafis. how can i make it? and what software do i needed for?
The file you're looking to modify is scorebar-bg.png. This contains the background of the HP bar and you can put whatever you want on it, including your name. You can also modify scorebar-colour.png to have your name as well (if you want your name to fill with color instead of being static in the background for example).

Free tools to modify / create mage files include Paint.NET and GIMP. A more professional alternative is Photoshop, provided you obtain a copy in some way.
YAOshine
so !good !
Alexjust16

Kei1koh2 wrote:

LyAyvnture
Thank you for this tutorial, I now can make my own skin... heheheh :D :)
DannieKun
What's with the files with @2x at the end of the name? Some skin have it, and some doesn't. Can someone explain this to me? And what is the file name of the part in osu standard where it shows what key / mouse button the player is pressing, on the right side of the screen. Thanks!
Szymek
AbsurdDive
that's it.. i'll try to create a skin (it took me a while to decide)
let's see if i can make something HALF decent haha
nice guide :D

all i have to do now is google pics from nichijou haha (i have a lot of material to choose from)
Supairo

DannieKun wrote:

What's with the files with @2x at the end of the name? Some skin have it, and some doesn't. Can someone explain this to me? And what is the file name of the part in osu standard where it shows what key / mouse button the player is pressing, on the right side of the screen. Thanks!
The "@2x" corresponds to a High-Definition element, being two times bigger than the Standard-Definition element (but still will appear on the same size of a SD element ingame, the difference the HD one is more clear). For example, the file you requested for the key/mouse button pressed is inputoverlay-key.png. The template skin's element has a resolution of 43x46 for the SD element, and a resolution of 86x92 for the HD element (aka the @2x element). Also, the background of the inputs is called inputoverlay-background.png. If you want to force HD elements, serach for this line in your config file (osu!.Your Computer Username.cfg):
HighResolution = 1
1 being to force them and 2 to not force them. Personally, when making a skin, I make the @2x element first, as it will be easier to scale it down to SD afterwards. The reverse isn't recommended.
Hope that answers!

Sp0of wrote:

kinda harrd to trnasfer my .zip files to my .osk dont know why its letting me sometimes. want to make my own skins... Have an LG desktop.
Erm... I don't get it. Do you mean putting elements in a .osk? I think it's impossible. Just put all your elements into a .zip and change the extension (.zip) into .osk !
DW10
I'm having a problem with my skin. Everything is fine, but Taiko. When I hit the blue/red drum, it goes above the actual drum. How do you fix this?
DannieKun
Another thing, why is the RGB code of Mania colors 4? Isn't it supposed to be only 3? (This is from my skin.ini)

ColourLight1: 102,205,170,255
ColourLight2: 0,191,255,255
ColourLight3: 0,191,255,255
ColourLight4: 102,205,170,255
Colour1: 0,0,0,240
Colour2: 0,0,0,240
Colour3: 0,0,0,240
Colour4: 0,0,0,240
ColourHold: 255,230,0,255

And can someone explain to me what is the difference of ColourLight, Colour, and ColourHold? Thank you very much and have a nice day :D
OsuMe65
It's based from Key Count. If it's 4K, then 4 codes.
ColourLight recolors mania-stage-light.png, Colour recolors the mania stage background and ColourHold recolors the combo number during a Long Note hold.
DannieKun

OsuMe65 wrote:

It's based from Key Count. If it's 4K, then 4 codes.
ColourLight recolors mania-stage-light.png, Colour recolors the mania stage background and ColourHold recolors the combo number during a Long Note hold.
No, I mean not the keynotes, what I'm referring to is the RGB code, it's supposed to be 3 right? It should be something like 255,255,255 like the one on osu standard, but here on mania config, it's 102,205,170,255, like the ColourLight1
Ayesha Altugle
RGBA
show more