forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
nrl

Rio- wrote:

Broodich wrote:

is there any way i can remove the animation after hitting a circle?

No You can't
Yes you can. When used with V2+ skins the trick to remove slider-ends also removes note fade-out.
OsuMe65

Rio- wrote:

Broodich wrote:

is there any way i can remove the animation after hitting a circle?

No You can't

Narrill wrote:

Yes you can. When used with V2+ skins the trick to remove slider-ends also removes note fade-out.
No, even in V2+, although the fadeout is quicker.

Narrill wrote:

No, even in V2+, although the fadeout is quicker.
The trick is to use hitnumbers as hitcircles, which by look truncates slidertails and also removes the zoom transition (it will fade instead)
OsuMe65

inverness wrote:

Narrill wrote:

The trick is to use hitnumbers as hitcircles, which by look truncates slidertails and also removes the zoom transition (it will fade instead)
Dang, I forgot :lol:
Swuffs
Hi! I'm trying to customize a skin but my fail-backround and combo burst pictures aren't working
alecA

SKRedPanda wrote:

Hi! I'm trying to customize a skin but my fail-backround and combo burst pictures aren't working
Make sure the file names are correct.
alecA

Nyanaro124 wrote:

So i want all my skin sounds to be the same, ive already changed each sound and kept the right names on everything, i have also turned on the skin sound sample setting but it does not work. I need help :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
So, are the skin sounds not the same? Or are there no sounds?
Bikko is legit
Hello, can someone tell me how to remove that 1 from the selection-mode?
DeletedUser_4041880

Camelius wrote:

Replace the image named "mode-osu-small.png" with a transparent 1x1 png file.
Bikko is legit

Frostei wrote:

Camelius wrote:

Replace the image named "mode-osu-small.png" with a transparent 1x1 png file.
Thank you.
prebruler
Hello! ^w^

I'm trying to modify my skin for Taiko, but there is something I don't know if it's possible to do.

I would like to know if it's possible to make 1 unique face for all the red notes and 1 unique face for all the blue notes.

Example all the red notes would have this face:

And all the blue notes would have this face:

Is it possible to do? And if so, how can I do that?

Thank you for answering my question ^w^
Haskorion
nope. you can only differentiate for normal notes and big notes, not for red or blue.
prebruler

ReddScorn wrote:

nope. you can only differentiate for normal notes and big notes, not for red or blue.
Now I'm sad TwT
Jaeky

Chaoslitz wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make the colour of hitcircle for single note and slider be different? :3
In the ski.ini there's Color customization. It goes by RGB, so for example: 225,225,225 would be white, Etc.
Noffy
Is selection-selectoptions.png used anymore? It and -over are in the default skin template I have, but I don't see it anywhere?
sheela

dorothy3242 wrote:

Is selection-selectoptions.png used anymore? It and -over are in the default skin template I have, but I don't see it anywhere?
The feature was removed. So this element isn't used anymore.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Can someone help me with my ranking panel not meeting with the upper panel? I've tried resizing it, but it keeps leaving a gap(where the cursor is). I have also tried it on other skins and the panels seem to meet (or overlap) for them. :?

OsuMe65
It's hopeless. Version: 2+ skins have that anchor.

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Can someone help me with my ranking panel not meeting with the upper panel? I've tried resizing it, but it keeps leaving a gap(where the cursor is). I have also tried it on other skins and the panels seem to meet (or overlap) for them. :?

Resize the ranking panel to 1366x768 and see if that works. If not, try resizing several pixels higher than 1366x768.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Resize the ranking panel to 1366x768 and see if that works. If not, try resizing several pixels higher than 1366x768.
I've tried that. Unfortunately it only moves the panel down, blocking the statistics. :(

OsuMe65 wrote:

It's hopeless. Version: 2+ skins have that anchor.
If that's the case, then it can't be helped :cry:
Off to plan B if it can't be truly solved! :lol:
Or you can also try to switch to skin version 1.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Or you can also try to switch to skin version 1.
No luck there either.
For now, I'll settle with a gradient blend until I find a solution. I'll welcome any other ideas you might have. Thank you for the help. :)

TFguy
Can you delete unmodified files from a skin? Or does osu need them as reference?
syuru

TFguy wrote:

Can you delete unmodified files from a skin? Or does osu need them as reference?
if you delete them i believe osu will just sub in the defaults by itself, since a lot of skins don't have mania/taiko/ctb support but osu implements the default skins for those modes.
TFguy

ankou wrote:

if you delete them i believe osu will just sub in the defaults by itself, since a lot of skins don't have mania/taiko/ctb support but osu implements the default skins for those modes.
Thanks, about to start making my first skin and I wasn't sure. :D
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Can someone help me (again). I made a new play-warningarrow.png for my own skin but it appears red when I play for no apparent reason. :?

It's suppose to look like this
dws123

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Can someone help me (again). I made a new play-warningarrow.png for my own skin but it appears red when I play for no apparent reason. :?

It's suppose to look like this
it's red by default for skins V2+ if im not mistaken
use skin V1 for it to be colourful
a1l2d3r4e5d6

dws123 wrote:

It seems to work. Thank you very much!

Is it permanently red on V2+ skins? If it is, then I'll just remove red on the image and let the game add the red for me (Though I don't think it will work). :D
Chaoslitz

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

Is it permanently red on V2+ skins? If it is, then I'll just remove red on the image and let the game add the red for me (Though I don't think it will work). :D
v2 will have a red colour enforce for your play-warningarrow
you cant remove it :/

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

Tinting mechanics doesn't work like that. It tints pure white colour 100% and pure black colour 0% with all colours inbetween had it's own corresponding value.
or in another words, it will try to recolour everything to the specified colour (in this case, the element is tinted to red)
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Chaoslitz wrote:

So you can't just completely remove all the red in the image expecting the game to add the red then?
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Tinting mechanics doesn't work like that. It tints pure white colour 100% and pure black colour 0% with all colours inbetween had it's own corresponding value.
or in another words, it will try to recolour everything to the specified colour (in this case, the element is tinted to red)
Ah, that clears things up for me. Thank you very much.
I'm completely new at this. :oops:
Chaoslitz

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Chaoslitz wrote:

So you can't just completely remove all the red in the image expecting the game to add the red then?
yup, it will still make your whole image be red
TFguy
Are the "@2x" files just a copy or can you work with them for more detail in the elements (Will they scale down)?
Chaoslitz

TFguy wrote:

Are the "@2x" files just a copy or can you work with them for more detail in the elements (Will they scale down)?
elements with @2x means in high quality, and the size is doubled from the original one
Noffy
I know that if a skin has @2x elements and not the standard size elements and you're playing on a non-hd resolution, those elements wont be automatically scaled down making it necessary to have the standard size if playing on non-hd.
Is the reverse the same or will the elements without an @2x be automatically scaled up from their standard size? I can't check myself since my resolution isn't high enough for @2x.
Haskorion
in short:
  1. you use only HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used
  2. you use only HD elements and play SD = default elements are used
  1. you use only SD elements and play SD = SD elements are used
  2. you use only SD elements and play HD = SD elements are used
  1. you use SD and HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used and missing stuff is taken from SD stuff instead of default
  2. you use SD and HD elements and play SD = SD elements are used and HD elements ignored.
That's pretty much it.
fat pear
I need hitsounds. I can't find any hitsounds for drum, soft and normal. Please tell me where I can get some cool hitsounds.
OsuMe65

ReddScorn wrote:

in short:
  1. you use only HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used
  2. you use only HD elements and play SD = default elements are used
  1. you use only SD elements and play SD = SD elements are used
  2. you use only SD elements and play HD = SD elements are used
  1. you use SD and HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used and missing stuff is taken from SD stuff instead of default
  2. you use SD and HD elements and play SD = SD elements are used and HD elements ignored.
That's pretty much it.
No, not short. That's long
--------------------
osu! doesn't scale up SD elements if you're playing in HD because the outcome of "that" behaviour would be horribly ridiculous. Therefore, the 4th situation will happen. (and ignore everything else in the list for this case)

mnasutaru wrote:

I need hitsounds. I can't find any hitsounds for drum, soft and normal. Please tell me where I can get some cool hitsounds.
Check this page for a huge pack of custom hitsounds. Or you can try downloading skins here, usually those got custom hitsounds in aswell.
show more