forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MLGnom

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Ah, I see. I was considering making a set of template .PSDs for both styles just to make it easier for people to align their panels, since the new/old style split seems to mess a lot of people up.
That's the reason why people should decide which behaviour they want to use in their skins before starting making a skin.
Rio-

MLGnom wrote:

That's the reason why people should decide which behaviour they want to use in their skins before starting making a skin.
Is there Any Lines in skin.ini that will force the Skin to use Old/New Style? (like behavior=0/1) If It's not, probably this'll be useful If there's any...
deadbeat
i think its Version: 1/2
but not 100% sure
Mushu
is there any way to turn off the bounce animation for the reversearrow so it's just still?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

BongJay wrote:

is there any way to turn off the bounce animation for the reversearrow so it's just still?
No, sadly you can't turn it off.

If someone is reading changelog then he know already.

You can now edit colour of Menu Glow.
You need to add "MenuGlow: 0,0,0" to skin.ini (This is supporter only (same as custom main-menu bg)
deadbeat
note:
[peppy] Allow customisation of menu glow colour (MenuGlow in skin.ini, supporter only).
Marcin

MLGnom wrote:

You need to add "MenuGlow: 0,0,0" to skin.ini (This is supporter only (same as custom main-menu bg)
I can't get it to work :/
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Well I just added random guess. Thanks for testing. XD
Of course instead of giving example how to add it we just got info only... again.

Try with additional number for transparency.
TouchFluffyTail
Works in osu!test, RGB value only, no alpha.

Marcin
SPOILER
Edit: ^ skin.ini example please?
have already tried all different kind of combinations
130,0,0 Nope
99,0,0 (in case 130 is not proper value) Nope
130,0,0,100 Nope
99,99,0,0 Nope
nope nope nope. I am out of ideas.

Ok touchthefluffy gave me idea.

This command must be put under [Colours] Section. RGB Value, no alpha.

TouchFluffyTail

Be sure to put the parameter in the [Colours] section of your skin.ini. :P
default_MM
Looking for a Blue Dragon's skin.
P.S. I ask Blue Dragon for him skin , but he say what he delete it, i got this skin on my old but that pc broken now.
[vanilla]
Where can I find that option do change the color of the menuglow? :d
I have srsly no idea o-o
and i dont know what ''skin.ini'' is xD since im not good with that stuff
deadbeat
in every skin folder should be a file called skin.ini
all you need to do is open it up with notepad, and under the [colour] section, add menuglow: 125,125,125 and it should work. you will need to be on the test build for this to work for now though. should hopefully push through the public build at some point

the 125,125,125 is just a random number. you can enter enter RGB number you want(0-255)
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Haha, knew that someone forgot to put it under [Colours]. :3c
Good to see that it's working.
Kukush_old
How do you control how fast your animations go? For example, an animated button?

The only way I can think of is to make copies of each frame, so that the animation will be slower, but that's a lot of clutter.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
That depends which one part you are actually animating.

With adding to skin.ini "AnimationFramerate: <Number of frames per second>" - This option will affect every animation that you have in your skin (except hitbursts and sliderball).
But now how to control speed with it and how to make different speed on different parts?

This is a tricky part. As stated AnimationFramrate is affecting amount of frames used per second.
Example: We have animated lifebar that contains 8 frames and animated skip button that contains 20 frames. We are setting AnimationFramerate to 4.
Full loop of lifebar animation will take 2 seconds , 5 second for skip button.
In other words The more frames you have and lower Animation Framerate is, then slower animation will be.

But now case where we want fast animation for skip and very slow for lifebar. Let's say we are using the same amount of frames as previosly stated (8 and 20)
You are setting AnimationFramerate to 10. Now you have pretty fast skip button but way too fast lifebar (less than 1 second to do loop) but you want it to be slow. So the only way is to increase amount of frames. You will need to duplicate frames few times.
Example :
scorebarcolour-0, scorebarcolour-1, scorebarcolour-2 and scorebarcolour-3 are using picture number 1. scorebarcolour-4, scorebarcolour-5, scorebarcolour-6, scorebarcolour-7 are using picture number 2 etc.

After that you will have "8 frames" as 40. So now with AnimationFramerate it will take 4 second instead less than 1.
It's not taking that much time as it's looks to duplicate frames. Generally only renaming them is a little annoying but still is possible to do this in few minutes.

(menu-back is not affected by normal duplication of frames. You need to add AnimationFramerate to control it's speed).
Kukush_old
Ah. Alright.

So, with menu-back I'll have to use AnimationFramerate, and this will affect all animated parts of my skin. Luckily, I believe the back button is the only animated part. But this really limits me.
Deif
What's the exact function of the file fruit-plate?

Mapsets that include a custom ryuuta (EXAMPLE) seem to work well w/o that element. After some tests, with and without it in the mapset folder, I honestly don't feel any visual/gameplay difference. In fact, fruit-plate doesn't even overlay fruit-ryuuta while playing (talking about the default one included in the template skin).

So it's necessary to include it into the mapset folder, or can it be avoidable? Sorry if the question sounds stupid, but I'm not a skin expert at all :P
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Fruit-plate was just a template image to use for future ryuutas. It was included in old (updater) skin template.

So, is not necessary to include it. It isn't used in skins.
DepthNemexis
So uhm, I was wondering, how can I change the font displayed on the notes (osu)
Rio-

DepthNemexis wrote:

So uhm, I was wondering, how can I change the font displayed on the notes (osu)
Change the default-0.png - default-9.png with other *.png files
iT0mT0m
I have problem with osu spinners. I try change spinner background but I have black background always on all skins which have installed. My resolution is 1366x768. I don't know why it doesn't work. Someone knows how to help me?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
What files you are changing? And are you sure you have enabled/disabled new skin behaviour?
iT0mT0m
I change 4 files
http://clip2net.com/s/5YcRdx
But i try use other skin with revised spinners and background and don't works.
Nathanael
Try placing SpinnerFadePlayfield : 0 inside Skin.ini
That might change the black background into transparent..
iT0mT0m
Unfortunately, it did not work
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Are you sure you have disabled new skin behaviour?
iT0mT0m
I unchecked this option and works. Very thanks. A change to something like I will not use?
Soreg
Hello, I need a little help. I wanna change the color of section pass circle in Photoshop. Since it has it's own gradient color I tried selecting it with magic wand than expand selection by 1 pixel. and deleting the default pink color. Alas the black areas of circle don't stay the same whatever I do. I tried blending options too to add my gradient colors but the black parts don't stay. And it looks silly if I lower down the opacity. Does anyone know an easier way to do this? Sorry guys I started learning PS recently and I can't find similar issues on the net :/
Rio-

Soreg wrote:

Hello, I need a little help. I wanna change the color of section pass circle in Photoshop. Since it has it's own gradient color I tried selecting it with magic wand than expand selection by 1 pixel. and deleting the default pink color. Alas the black areas of circle don't stay the same whatever I do. I tried blending options too to add my gradient colors but the black parts don't stay. And it looks silly if I lower down the opacity. Does anyone know an easier way to do this? Sorry guys I started learning PS recently and I can't find similar issues on the net :/
Well... In this case, I use Hue/Saturation features in Photoshop
Photoshop Elements - Adjusting color, saturation, and hue
Soreg
Thanks satriobp it worked like a charm :)
- Marco -
How to sync Skip with BPM of a song?
Heibel

marcostudios wrote:

What?
BlueStarYoshi
i saw in a video an effect when you are low on HP and the screen turns a little red

someone know how to do this effect? (i don't know if this is a part of the skin)

HP bar

low or empty HP bar

Ayesha Altugle
shader effects.
if you do not want it, disable it in options

pixeldesu

marcostudios wrote:

I guess there is no way to do so, or...likely just with trick around (with AnimationFramerate). But that's quite impossible.
Landere
What code do you have to put in skin.ini to change the menu glow color?
TouchFluffyTail

evillander wrote:

What code do you have to put in skin.ini to change the menu glow color?
In the [Colours] section (RGB code);

MenuGlow: #,#,#
Landere
oki, thanks :)
show more