1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on October 16, 2017 at 8:03:47 PM

Artist: Pegboard Nerds
Title: BAMF
Tags: Monstercat Ayyri Nerds By Nature EP MCEP109
BPM: 160
Filesize: 4273kb
Play Time: 03:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Ayyri's Muzukashii (3.02 stars, 645 notes)
  2. Futsuu (2.49 stars, 434 notes)
  3. Kantan (1.7 stars, 252 notes)
  4. Oni (4.23 stars, 916 notes)


Download: Pegboard Nerds - BAMF
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WOO I MADE A SPREAD!!
Featuring BAMF, a UNIQUE song to map in the world of the taiko drums. It's been a year for me, the world's laziest mapper, but now I am willing to actually try to rank this :D

Extra shoutout to Taikocracy for his relentless effort to help me get this map some attention without circlejerk <3

Modders: <3
Taikocracy x 3
Vulkin
Ayyri x 2
frukoyurdakul
Stefan x 3
World Fraction

- Starred
- Bubbled :D
- Popped :(
- Bubbled :D
- Popped :(
- Bubbled :D
- QUALIFIED 8-)
- RANKED ♥♥♥
posted
f

source should be in tags
posted
I'll give you a thorough and complete mod. :D

[ONIF]

Suggestions/Notes:
00:19:496 - Notice how the song's music drops in pitch compared to the first part? I'd suggest either changing the first half of the mapping to a different pattern, involving more k then the part beyond this time stamp, so they're not identical.
00:36:840 - Place a k here-you're skipping one of the background sounds right before the and of 3. (If that doesn't make sense then look up how to count a measure, it's musical stuff based on time signature.)
00:41:246 - The notes leading to your clusterfuck of 1/6 should be 1/4 imo, not 1/3. The patterns of similarity in this map are in general very awkward. Try to end 1/6 on a downbeat or the upbeat (the and of a beat).
00:43:121 - Remove, the end of the distortion effect, so to speak, is on the and of 3, not 4.
01:18:746 - The finisher is totally relevant but inconvenient, let's keep this a regular note.
01:24:746 - There's no reason to have 1/4 here. Yes there's a short and sporadic distortion effect here but that does not imply a 1/4 of any kind.
01:42:183 & 01:42:558 - You're skipping k here, you can change these patterns to ddk or dkk. ddd isn't appropriate because there's obvious higher pitch on the "a" and downbeat of these two measures.
02:28:496 - Why is this a k if the sounds congruent to it are d? Linearly, this should also be a d.

I'm not modding Nanners' Inner Oni because as you pointed out there needs to be lots of revision, so I'll wait until the difficulty is more final than it is now.
posted

Taikocracy wrote:

I'll give you a thorough and complete mod. :D

[ONIF]

Suggestions/Notes:
00:19:496 - Notice how the song's music drops in pitch compared to the first part? I'd suggest either changing the first half of the mapping to a different pattern, involving more k then the part beyond this time stamp, so they're not identical. Done
00:36:840 - Place a k here-you're skipping one of the background sounds right before the and of 3. (If that doesn't make sense then look up how to count a measure, it's musical stuff based on time signature.) Done
00:41:246 - The notes leading to your clusterfuck of 1/6 should be 1/4 imo, not 1/3. The patterns of similarity in this map are in general very awkward. Try to end 1/6 on a downbeat or the upbeat (the and of a beat). Any problem with that area solved
00:43:121 - Remove, the end of the distortion effect, so to speak, is on the and of 3, not 4. ^^^^ Solved
01:18:746 - The finisher is totally relevant but inconvenient, let's keep this a regular note. This is perfectly rankable and if it cannot be hit, it sounds like a playstyle problem, but idk I'll apply that later if necessary
01:24:746 - There's no reason to have 1/4 here. Yes there's a short and sporadic distortion effect here but that does not imply a 1/4 of any kind.Done
01:42:183 & 01:42:558 - You're skipping k here, you can change these patterns to ddk or dkk. ddd isn't appropriate because there's obvious higher pitch on the "a" and downbeat of these two measures.Done
02:28:496 - Why is this a k if the sounds congruent to it are d? Linearly, this should also be a d.Done

I'm not modding Nanners' Inner Oni because as you pointed out there needs to be lots of revision, so I'll wait until the difficulty is more final than it is now.
Fair Enough
posted
ok since my queue is dead

-General-
so many finisher problems imho, and a few diffs have different song length
also remove the F from ONIF since no more than 1 custom diffname is allowed :(

-Kantan-
Intro lacks variation for the change of pitch over here 00:19:496 -
I would suggest ddk for that

00:30:746 (30) - d for the pitch being the same as the previous note
00:37:496 (45,46,47) - Finisher?
00:43:496 (1,2,3) - ^
00:49:496 (2,3) - ^
00:55:496 (1,2,3) - ^
00:58:871 - wheres the spinner for consistency?
01:07:496 - pattern a bit too long
01:27:746 (48) - make d
01:28:121 - add a k
01:42:746 - pattern a bit too long
01:51:746 - k?
02:25:496 - over here it kinda lacks alot of consistency, would like you to check more in detail please
02:33:746 - pattern too long again
02:36:371 - Less than 1/1 space between notes, unrankable
02:37:496 - Over here the finisher problem happened like at the intro, since its basically the same, its a bit pointless to put the timing points again
02:55:121 - Pattern a bit too long again
Kantan really lacks finishers imo, oh welp

-Futsuu-
00:13:496 - its HEAVILY advised to use mostly monochrome triplets on futsuu's ( yes i learnt that the hard way :( ),
00:34:308 - pattern a bit too long again?
00:56:996 - Kdk on Futsuu... Im not sure but i think it would be better to either remove the finisher, or remove the d note
01:01:496 - Consistency with pitch again ;A;
01:10:496 - Pattern a bit too long once again?
Please treat 1/2 note like if it was 1/4 for the sake of finishers, either Finisher where they shouldnt be, or its just me being a dummy at modding (´・◡・`)
01:27:933 (13) - delete
01:28:121 (13) - make it k
01:33:558 (36) - delete
01:42:746 - pattern too long
02:34:121 - ^

-Muzukashii-
01:01:496 - Starts off well, but then the consistency is rip.
01:50:715 - pls follow more the noise, doublets are allowed on muzu, and it would make the muzu better :3
02:02:246 (198) - D?
02:04:871 (205) - Remove?
02:07:871 (213) - Remove?
02:25:496 - Pls obey the pitch more
03:00:246 (60,61,62,63,64) - Delete?
03:16:746 (122,123,124,125,126) - Move to 03:16:871 -

-Oni-
00:58:683 - wheres spinner?
Imho its streams were a bit too long for an Oni,
03:16:683 - please remove the 1/6, its a bit too much for an oni

-Nanners' Inner ONIF-
00:58:594 (1) - Spinner a bit too close to the D ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also Spinner End doesnt count as a note, so put the spinner end to 01:00:750 - and put a k 01:00:937 - here
01:13:031 (100) - turn into d for the K note that comes afterwards
01:37:125 (1) - spinner doesnt make notes, but its pretty good without that note anyways.

Ok, Hope this helped
Also sorry if i sounded a bit rude ;w; (its 10PM and i have to do so many exams & mods fml)
posted

Vulkin wrote:

ok since my queue is dead

-General-
so many finisher problems imho, and a few diffs have different song length
also remove the F from ONIF since no more than 1 custom diffname is allowed :(

-Kantan-
Intro lacks variation for the change of pitch over here 00:19:496 -
I would suggest ddk for that

00:30:746 (30) - d for the pitch being the same as the previous note
00:37:496 (45,46,47) - Finisher?
00:43:496 (1,2,3) - ^
00:49:496 (2,3) - ^
00:55:496 (1,2,3) - ^
00:58:871 - wheres the spinner for consistency?
01:07:496 - pattern a bit too long
01:27:746 (48) - make d
01:28:121 - add a k
01:42:746 - pattern a bit too long
01:51:746 - k?
02:25:496 - over here it kinda lacks alot of consistency, would like you to check more in detail please
02:33:746 - pattern too long again
02:36:371 - Less than 1/1 space between notes, unrankable
02:37:496 - Over here the finisher problem happened like at the intro, since its basically the same, its a bit pointless to put the timing points again
02:55:121 - Pattern a bit too long again
Kantan really lacks finishers imo, oh welp

-Futsuu-
00:13:496 - its HEAVILY advised to use mostly monochrome triplets on futsuu's ( yes i learnt that the hard way :( ),
00:34:308 - pattern a bit too long again?
00:56:996 - Kdk on Futsuu... Im not sure but i think it would be better to either remove the finisher, or remove the d note
01:01:496 - Consistency with pitch again ;A;
01:10:496 - Pattern a bit too long once again?
Please treat 1/2 note like if it was 1/4 for the sake of finishers, either Finisher where they shouldnt be, or its just me being a dummy at modding (´・◡・`)
01:27:933 (13) - delete
01:28:121 (13) - make it k
01:33:558 (36) - delete
01:42:746 - pattern too long
02:34:121 - ^

-Muzukashii-
01:01:496 - Starts off well, but then the consistency is rip.
01:50:715 - pls follow more the noise, doublets are allowed on muzu, and it would make the muzu better :3
02:02:246 (198) - D?
02:04:871 (205) - Remove?
02:07:871 (213) - Remove?
02:25:496 - Pls obey the pitch more
03:00:246 (60,61,62,63,64) - Delete?
03:16:746 (122,123,124,125,126) - Move to 03:16:871 -

-Oni-
00:58:683 - wheres spinner?
Imho its streams were a bit too long for an Oni,
03:16:683 - please remove the 1/6, its a bit too much for an oni

-Nanners' Inner ONIF-
00:58:594 (1) - Spinner a bit too close to the D ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also Spinner End doesnt count as a note, so put the spinner end to 01:00:750 - and put a k 01:00:937 - here
01:13:031 (100) - turn into d for the K note that comes afterwards
01:37:125 (1) - spinner doesnt make notes, but its pretty good without that note anyways.

Ok, Hope this helped
Also sorry if i sounded a bit rude ;w; (its 10PM and i have to do so many exams & mods fml)
Applied all but the comment on the streams on the Oni
I am aware of the streams being long but they are simple for an oni, leaving nanners to the duties of the complicated streams
posted

Dargin wrote:

Applied all but the comment on the streams on the Oni
I am aware of the streams being long but they are simple for an oni, leaving nanners to the duties of the complicated streams
Fair enough :3
Good luck on your mappu >w</

btw i ment the F from your ONIF diff, since Nanners' the hardest and because of it, it should have ze custom name
ye this custom name limitation is pure sadness :(
posted
miracle tbh

[General]
  1. Timing should be consistent throughout all difficulties. Nanners' Inner Oni has a different timing that your difficulties.
    :arrow: Along with the inconsistent timing for Nanners' difficulty, he also has unsnapped green lines. (Might want to resnap the ones in your difficulties as well.)
  2. Be careful with some of your xxX patterns. It'll make the finishers hard to hit. But in most cases, it works out okay.
  3. The SV usage in the Oni difficulty is a bit questionable, because of what multipliers are being used, they're moreso something you would see in an Inner Oni. x:


[Oni]
  1. 00:34:496 - This stream is kinda long for this difficulty level. Consider removing a note like 00:35:340 - , or one that isn't too emphasized. Just so the player has somewhat of a break here.
  2. 00:53:246 - Should be moved backwards to 00:53:058 - , if it's going to following the very quiet start of the sound at 00:53:433 - .
  3. 01:00:933 - Why soft hitsounds? ;__;
  4. 01:10:308 - Kind of like 00:34:496 -, except longer. You should probably cut down the length of this stream.
    :arrow: Somewhat related to the above, I would suggest removing 01:10:402 - just for the added emphasis that having 01:10:308 - and 01:10:496 - as separate patterns, will give to the build up here. (But you would still need to condense the length of the stream. :v)
  5. 01:21:558 - Could use kdkkd or kdkkk like you did at 01:15:558 - for variation from the kdk patterns you've been using for the chorus.
  6. 01:24:746 - Wouldn't really suggest using 1/6 in an Oni. :q
  7. 01:26:152 - Could be d for more emphasis on the k's.
  8. 01:27:652 - Would recommend removing this note to differentiate between the sound for the stream at 01:26:996 - and at 01:27:746 - .
  9. 01:37:871 - Change to k. There's a pretty distinct kick here.
  10. 01:41:808 - Same as the above point.
  11. 01:46:308 - Same issue as 00:34:496 -.
  12. 01:49:496 - The kiai should start here, instead of 01:48:090 - . Because where it currently starts, it includes where the music drops right before the starting verse of the chorus at 01:49:496 - .
  13. 01:51:558 - Change to k. This note follows the same sound as 01:51:933 - .
  14. 01:53:996 - Could add a d here. There's a sound for it.
  15. 01:55:308 - and 01:55:402 - The rhythm on these two ticks is nearly identical to the rest of the chorus. Making it sounds really weird that you skipped the kk at 01:55:121 - and 01:55:215 - . I would suggest just having it as 01:55:121 - kk or kkd if you really wanted to follow something at 01:55:308 - .


I'm going to stop here, and continue my studies now. I hope what is here, helps you.
posted

Ayyri wrote:

miracle tbh

[General]
  1. Timing should be consistent throughout all difficulties. Nanners' Inner Oni has a different timing that your difficulties.
    :arrow: Along with the inconsistent timing for Nanners' difficulty, he also has unsnapped green lines. (Might want to resnap the ones in your difficulties as well.)
  2. Be careful with some of your xxX patterns. It'll make the finishers hard to hit. But in most cases, it works out okay.
  3. The SV usage in the Oni difficulty is a bit questionable, because of what multipliers are being used, they're moreso something you would see in an Inner Oni. x:


[Oni]
  1. 00:34:496 - This stream is kinda long for this difficulty level. Consider removing a note like 00:35:340 - , or one that isn't too emphasized. Just so the player has somewhat of a break here.
  2. 00:53:246 - Should be moved backwards to 00:53:058 - , if it's going to following the very quiet start of the sound at 00:53:433 - .
  3. 01:00:933 - Why soft hitsounds? ;__;
  4. 01:10:308 - Kind of like 00:34:496 -, except longer. You should probably cut down the length of this stream.
    :arrow: Somewhat related to the above, I would suggest removing 01:10:402 - just for the added emphasis that having 01:10:308 - and 01:10:496 - as separate patterns, will give to the build up here. (But you would still need to condense the length of the stream. :v)
  5. 01:21:558 - Could use kdkkd or kdkkk like you did at 01:15:558 - for variation from the kdk patterns you've been using for the chorus.
  6. 01:24:746 - Wouldn't really suggest using 1/6 in an Oni. :q
  7. 01:26:152 - Could be d for more emphasis on the k's.
  8. 01:27:652 - Would recommend removing this note to differentiate between the sound for the stream at 01:26:996 - and at 01:27:746 - .
  9. 01:37:871 - Change to k. There's a pretty distinct kick here.
  10. 01:41:808 - Same as the above point.
  11. 01:46:308 - Same issue as 00:34:496 -.
  12. 01:49:496 - The kiai should start here, instead of 01:48:090 - . Because where it currently starts, it includes where the music drops right before the starting verse of the chorus at 01:49:496 - .
  13. 01:51:558 - Change to k. This note follows the same sound as 01:51:933 - .
  14. 01:53:996 - Could add a d here. There's a sound for it.
  15. 01:55:308 - and 01:55:402 - The rhythm on these two ticks is nearly identical to the rest of the chorus. Making it sounds really weird that you skipped the kk at 01:55:121 - and 01:55:215 - . I would suggest just having it as 01:55:121 - kk or kkd if you really wanted to follow something at 01:55:308 - .


I'm going to stop here, and continue my studies now. I hope what is here, helps you.
Mods applied and Map updated Thank you!
posted
Hello from my modding queue.

Caps: Finisher.

General
Maybe it's just me but at testing i pressed every note late about 10 ms. Maybe u can check the offset again.
Oni
Your aiMod says something but i don't think they will cause problems.

00:25:496 - Green line is unsnapped. And also, i suggest that you can drop SV step by step, not suddenly. May be it was just me but i couldn't read the note.
00:34:496 - Green line is unsnapped.
00:34:496 (101) - From here to 00:36:371 (119) - here, you used some breaks but there are strong sounds. You can fill them because in some places you filled sections like this one. And also, the sounds are snares, and the kats you put is a bass note. So either you can reverse them or add more kats.
00:36:840 (122) - don
00:52:496 (20) - If you really wanna use finisher, prefer DON because KAT sounds too high and there is a bass sound here.
01:11:996 (88) - I'm not sure this finisher is right here.
01:13:496 - Green line is unsnapped.
01:18:746 (129) - These finishers after 1/4 note feels like a converted map to me. They are sounding good I know, but mostly the mappers are using finishers like this: After 4 notes of 1/4 kat a DON, or after 4 notes of 1/4 a KAT. So, imo putting a DON after a don is wrong.
01:24:558 (159) - You can fill this one with finisher as well, because at the same sound 01:24:371 (158) - here, you did that.
01:30:746 (44) - This finisher is really weird. As an index finger player, i couldn't hit that one.
03:22:496 (210) - ^


Hope this helps~ Good luck!
posted

frukoyurdakul wrote:

Hello from my modding queue.

Caps: Finisher.
Maybe it's just me but at testing i pressed every note late about 10 ms. Maybe u can check the offset again. moved the offset back 10ms
Your aiMod says something but i don't think they will cause problems. The kiai toggle errors are caused by the volume lowering at the end of the kiai < I fixed that

00:25:496 - Green line is unsnapped. And also, i suggest that you can drop SV step by step, not suddenly. May be it was just me but i couldn't read the note.
00:34:496 - Green line is unsnapped.
00:34:496 (101) - From here to 00:36:371 (119) - here, you used some breaks but there are strong sounds. You can fill them because in some places you filled sections like this one. And also, the sounds are snares, and the kats you put is a bass note. So either you can reverse them or add more kats.
00:36:840 (122) - don
00:52:496 (20) - If you really wanna use finisher, prefer DON because KAT sounds too high and there is a bass sound here.
01:11:996 (88) - I'm not sure this finisher is right here.
01:13:496 - Green line is unsnapped.
01:18:746 (129) - These finishers after 1/4 note feels like a converted map to me. They are sounding good I know, but mostly the mappers are using finishers like this: After 4 notes of 1/4 kat a DON, or after 4 notes of 1/4 a KAT. So, imo putting a DON after a don is wrong.
01:24:558 (159) - You can fill this one with finisher as well, because at the same sound 01:24:371 (158) - here, you did that.
01:30:746 (44) - This finisher is really weird. As an index finger player, i couldn't hit that one.
03:22:496 (210) - ^

All of these problems solved
Hope this helps~ Good luck!
Thanks for the mod~~ <3
posted
I'm here just to recheck the Oni <_>

[Oni]
  1. 01:11:548 - You can finish this pattern out because there's no Inner Oni difficulty anymore, so the Oni is free to be as difficult as it needs to be to fit the song.
  2. 01:22:486 - This should be a don finisher as oppose to a kat finisher because the finisher at 01:23:236 actually has a clap hitsound in the song, but this finisher and the one at 01:23:986 do not. Keeping them as the same color shows no contrast, when between the three sounds, there is quite an amount of contrast between them.
  3. 01:27:642 - This goes back to what I said first, because there is no Inner Oni, feel free to place a note here. There's a really prominent and obvious sound on this tick, so there's no need to skip it anymore.
  4. 01:32:423 - This sound is the same as the one at 01:32:048. For consistency's sake, this should be the same kdk.
  5. 01:35:236 - There's a clap sound here, there's no reason for this to be a don.
  6. 01:47:330 - Back to the first comment-feel free to finish this out.
  7. 01:58:486 - Finisher problem again... (refer to comment 2)
  8. 02:03:611 - This is the same sound over and over and over and over again- why are you changing the sound here? The same can go for 02:05:111. If you're going to use dk dk dk dk dk then stick with it, because each pattern has a definable place for a don and a kat. The only exception I see is at 02:04:361 and 02:06:611.
  9. 02:10:486 - Comment #2...
  10. 02:44:423 - This sound is the same as the one at 02:45:173. Keep it consistent, choose between kkk and kdk.
  11. 02:53:142 and 02:54:642 - This should also be a don because these sounds are the same as the ones at 01:01:017. You might have 5 note patterns, but most of them end in ddk, not dkk.
  12. 03:16:736 - 1/6 is plausible here.
  13. 03:22:486 - Comment #2... again...
  14. 03:25:486 - This part to the end honestly is a quite a bit like an Onosaki technique- you're sinking to such a quiet part of the song that this part sounds overmapped. Simplify it to fit the prominent sounds of this section, which although are fairly sporadic, are more accurate and favorable then what's here right now.
posted

Taikocracy wrote:

I'm here just to recheck the Oni <_>

[Oni]
  1. 01:11:548 - You can finish this pattern out because there's no Inner Oni difficulty anymore, so the Oni is free to be as difficult as it needs to be to fit the song.
  2. 01:22:486 - This should be a don finisher as oppose to a kat finisher because the finisher at 01:23:236 actually has a clap hitsound in the song, but this finisher and the one at 01:23:986 do not. Keeping them as the same color shows no contrast, when between the three sounds, there is quite an amount of contrast between them.
  3. 01:27:642 - This goes back to what I said first, because there is no Inner Oni, feel free to place a note here. There's a really prominent and obvious sound on this tick, so there's no need to skip it anymore.
  4. 01:32:423 - This sound is the same as the one at 01:32:048. For consistency's sake, this should be the same kdk.
  5. 01:35:236 - There's a clap sound here, there's no reason for this to be a don.
  6. 01:47:330 - Back to the first comment-feel free to finish this out.
  7. 01:58:486 - Finisher problem again... (refer to comment 2)
  8. 02:03:611 - This is the same sound over and over and over and over again- why are you changing the sound here? The same can go for 02:05:111. If you're going to use dk dk dk dk dk then stick with it, because each pattern has a definable place for a don and a kat. The only exception I see is at 02:04:361 and 02:06:611.
  9. 02:10:486 - Comment #2...
  10. 02:44:423 - This sound is the same as the one at 02:45:173. Keep it consistent, choose between kkk and kdk.
  11. 02:53:142 and 02:54:642 - This should also be a don because these sounds are the same as the ones at 01:01:017. You might have 5 note patterns, but most of them end in ddk, not dkk.
  12. 03:16:736 - 1/6 is plausible here.
  13. 03:22:486 - Comment #2... again...
  14. 03:25:486 - This part to the end honestly is a quite a bit like an Onosaki technique- you're sinking to such a quiet part of the song that this part sounds overmapped. Simplify it to fit the prominent sounds of this section, which although are fairly sporadic, are more accurate and favorable then what's here right now.
All Bullets noted and fixed
posted
shoutout to taikocracy for asking me

[Oni]
00:14:521 (7) - dkk is sort of a pain to play here, ddk is better but I think instead of having eight times ddk we could use something else. Move the note to 00:14:709 - . Applies to 00:16:021 (16,25,34) - as well.
00:25:490 - It feels unnatural to decrease the SV while 00:25:490 (73) - is connected with the previous pattern. remove the SV line here.
01:03:459 (19) - Would leave this note out, 01:01:677 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - is pretty nice like that where 01:02:990 (15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25) - is almost the same if you exclude (19).
01:12:177 (90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97) - Sound-wise, this should be ddk kdkdk; sound of (90)'s spot is rather calm and weaker compared to (92)'s spot where you have "mother" as something more significant to use kat. kdkdk would switch better due the voice (which clearly seems to be followed here).
01:26:334 (8) - The pattern works better as kkddkddkk; for first it's easier and second the impact works better since 01:26:334 (8,9,10,11) - tries to build on, from what it build off at 01:25:865 (3,4,5,6,7) - .
01:26:990 - 01:28:302 - This is sorta a weird difficulty spike in the Oni. I'd nerf it by the way of the previous pattern and to split the stream: https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/stpH0TTG.png 01:27:834 - sounded the best spot to sacrifices, this is still very well to play but nerfs the part on an acceptable level.
01:29:990 - 01:30:740 - https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/W2M5SU5T.png I don't really get behind the first dkd part, while dk looks logical the second d isn't. dkkddkkkd sounds better when kkdd is the build-off part while kkkd build on.
01:47:896 (164) - why do you use k instead of d, like in the previous stream at 01:10:490 - ? The player could assume it would be again kdd at the end, and not kkd. Plus, this looks pointless to differ these two streams at the same sound.
01:48:177 (166,167,168,169,170,171,172,173) - same case like 01:12:177 (90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97) - , obviously you don't change it if you disagreed previously.
01:53:896 (198,199,200,201) - if we're being strict with the sound, this should be kdkk but that's harder than needed. However, I found that kdkd is a better solution since 01:53:615 (196,197) - is kd too, so why making 01:53:896 (198,199) - as dd for the same case?
02:34:490 - 02:35:990 - ugh. I'd stick with a simplier pattern, like kkddkk... I mean, keep it like you want it but I don't get behind the rhythm of the stream at this part of the song. The lenght of the stream makes it strong enough, so I'd rather keep a repeating sound - since the music itself is repeating too.
02:56:490 (60,72,75) - while you have a constant d k k play, breaking it with these d notes very likely will throw out the player of the combo and hurts the flow a lot. They should be changed to k.
03:02:240 (99,100,101,102) - I'd rather go with kddk, the Finisher plays very uncomfortable for non ddkk/kkdd players.
03:04:365 (114,115) - If you really want to keep the finisher on (115), (114) needs to be k. I highly doubt you're allowed to use dD on 1/3 at this BPM.
03:14:990 - 03:15:740 - this is pretty similar to 01:29:990 - 01:30:740 - but on 1/3 instead, dkkddkk should be used at this time.

The Difficulty itself looks good, some parts which seems.. to lack of sense of the decision to change the hitsound despite of the same sound in the music. And yea, that difficulty spike should be considered to fix.

[Muzukashii]
00:25:472 - and 01:13:472 - please do NOT use that sort of SVs in a Muzukashii like this one. SV changes are generally avoided in anything below Muzukashii difficulties due the complexity it cause and makes reading unnecessary harder than needed. If you urgently want to keep the SV changes for whatever reasons, please nerf them to 0.90 - (slower) and 1.10 (faster), that's the maximum that makes sense at all. This applies for all SV changes in the map
00:25:472 - move the green line at 00:26:052 - , this currently overlaps 00:25:302 (72,73) - .
00:34:490 (101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,111,112) - If you think about the song's sounds, you could use a drumslider instead. This express a better emphasis at the streamy part of the song and can easily be used. The breaks between are weird at all and having the ddd spam just for the sake of difficulty makes no sense - I don't imply you thought like that, just telling you how I see that.
00:57:177 - 00:58:490 - https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/kjZUFKM4.png I'd rather go with a little break and be consistent with the rhythm you're following. The example is pretty much like 00:55:490 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - with the slight change of 00:58:490 (15) - .
01:01:677 (21) - it's on a better spot if you do the doublet at 01:01:115 - , move it at this time.
01:04:677 (37) - 01:07:677 (53) - 01:08:427 (57) - 01:09:177 (61) - 01:09:927 (65) - having a so long combo in a Muzukashii isn't good. The part is complicated to use breaks well, so I suggest to remove these notes since it's very likely the best emphasis you can get of the current pattern.
01:10:396 (68) - As well, you should remove this note for the upcoming suggestion.
01:10:490 (69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81) - This is the same case like pointed out in 00:34:490 - , a drumslider works a million times better than having several triplets in a row.
01:16:115 (103,104) - make (103) as d and remove (104): the part is very complicated to map decently for a Muzukashii, the d kkk d kkk part is sort of okay but I'd make a break, immediately after (103). d fits better for that case, the k notes should be kept for the triplet sounds.
01:20:990 - 01:22:490 - you should apply to the same pattern like 01:14:990 - 01:16:490 - after accepting the changes previously.
01:26:240 (6,7,8,9) - Why don't you switch them in their hitsounds? kkk d kkk would actually fit better to the song itself.
01:27:365 (13,14,15,16) - ^
01:32:427 (42,43,44) - that doesn't fit to the previous parts. you used for ooo ooo parts kkk ddd or ddd kkk. This is kinda random you suddenly decide to choose for kkk kkk - which I wouldn't do here at all due BPM.
01:34:677 - add a break here, it definitely will help the player to get some rest time after the triple triplets.
01:37:490 - 01:47:990 - changes should be done if they happened between 01:01:490 - 01:11:990 - .
01:53:615 (160,161,162,163,164,165,166,167,168) - this is a very tough part, I have to admit. I would consider to remove 01:54:459 (166) - , to move 01:54:646 (167) - at 01:54:552 - and to change it finally as d. Sure, the doublet sounds might get lost but I wouldn't build too much on it. The current part is hard enough if you ask me.
02:34:490 - 02:55:490 - pretty much all changes you did between 00:34:490 - 01:10:490 - should be done here, reasons should be obvious since they're the same pattern.
03:04:240 (72) - this is rather at 03:04:365 - , that definitely sounds better as d kD.
03:17:990 (127,128,129,130,131) - I feel k dk dk is more what the song sounds like here.
03:25:490 - end - something that really doesn't get in my mind is the significantely bigger density of this part, compared to Oni. I actually liked that Oni was splitted in so many sections, starting from 03:25:490 - . This definitely should be carried over from the Oni.

Although the Oni - Muzukashii gap should be given, I think some parts need to be nerfed. Mostly the density. The Oni doesn't really have the problem to be too dense, more the complexity of pattern you're using is what should be kept.

[Futsuu]
00:13:490 - 00:25:115 - This should be revamped: for 00:13:490 - 00:16:115 - you could find use of this: https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/qcLOOvEu.png the k k kdk adds so much more to the music than "spamming" kkk (or ddd). Having a Futsuu Difficulty (or Muzukashii or Kantan, whatever) for the sake of spread isn't the right way to choose. You need to figure out a good rhythm you can follow and something that isn't too hard/complex for the respective difficulty.
00:25:472 - and 01:13:472 - like previously said, do not use SV changes here. For Futsuu it's a no-go unless they're necessary because of BPM changes. Please keep the whole difficulty straight at 1.00x.
00:34:490 - 00:35:802 - as well like in Muzukashii you could use a drumslider (or a spinner) for this part. It's by far better than having weird 1/2 single notes.
01:05:990 (27) - this should be k too, 01:01:490 (14,18,23) - are k so why keeping this note as d?
01:09:365 (36,38) - I'd make them to d, the d k switch works well but it breaks the flow if you decide to change your mind in the mid of the part by using k k.
01:12:365 (47,48) - remove these notes: While I agree with them in the harder difficulties, because of the structure you're using here you should rather consider the break to have some rest/preparation time.
01:16:302 (61) - removing the note emphasize 01:16:115 (60,62) - way better.
01:20:990 - 01:22:490 - https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/LqYieawz.png this is better to go, it feels somewhat weird to leave 01:21:552 - out if you ask me.
01:28:302 (14) - same reason like 01:16:302 (61) - .
01:46:490 - 01:48:927 - remove 01:48:365 - 01:48:927 - completely and replace 01:46:490 - 01:47:990 - with a drumslider.
01:52:396 - 01:58:490 - The use of 1/4 is quite questionable and not recommend at all, you may use it at lower BPM but this is very likely an overkill for most players of these levels. 01:52:396 - should be removed, 01:52:865 - 01:55:490 - can look like this: https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/84DzxQHC.png and 01:55:865 - 01:58:115 - https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/HVkY7RRq.png These are good alternatives.
<I am making a huge skip because a lot of things applies until 03:10:490 - to the previous things I've said already, please take some time to check them by your own.>
03:10:490 (60,61,62,63,64,65) - 1/3 are also quite questionable but /may/ be fine if it's not exaggerated.

Something you need to consider is that Futsuu Difficulties requires more breaks than Muzukashiis, means a minimum of 4/1 and many more 2/1 breaks. Yes, this requires to sacrifices apparently important beats and sounds you want to map but the art of mapping easier difficulties is to emphasize out the very best you possibly can. This helps to add better and more breaks and to give a better feeling while playing, because it matters how do you use your notes and how many at all. I always like to say "Less is more" because having less notes for the really important beats means more emphasis and a better experience to play.

An acceptable amount of consecutive 1/2 notes are between 3~7 (MAX) notes, for 1/1 it's a maximum of 12~15 notes, after then you should consider to add breaks. Try to make use of the new knowledge for your Futsuu difficulty and adjust it by these indications.

[Kantan]
00:14:240 (2,4) - You could easily remove these two notes and let 00:14:615 (3) - stay alone: The sound is by far more significant at this spot so it's worth to emphasize this time spot more.
00:15:740 (5) - the 00:16:490 (2) - note has a lighter sound where Kat is appropriate, that should emphasized while the two notes before should be don instead.
00:17:240 (3,4,5) - I think it works better if you remove (4) and make (3,5) to don notes, keep the kat sounds for the more significant sound effects.
00:18:740 (6,7,8) - That should be switched to the opposite: d k d works better since 00:19:115 (7) - can be emphasized with kat better, alternatively d k k may also works because 00:19:490 (8) - has a similar sound.
00:19:490 - 00:25:115 - should be the exact same like 00:13:490 - 00:19:115 - , depending on what you've changed and applied to the things above.
00:27:177 (23) - and 00:30:177 (29) - these notes should be removed, give the player a little break, it's a Kantan Difficulty after all.
00:34:490 (38,39,40,41,42) - replace them with a drumslider or a spinner, same scenario like the previous difficulties.
00:49:490 (2,3,4) - how comes you didn't use Finishers here? That's pretty odd although the music has some slight atmosphere changes here.
00:55:490 (1,2,3) - ^
01:22:115 - What about to add a don note here? After then, change 01:22:490 (36) - to D. Sounds pretty good imo.
01:34:115 - and 01:34:490 (54) - ^
03:10:115 - and 03:10:490 (36) - ^
02:13:490 (1) - I would say you could move the spinner a bit back since the room between 02:11:240 (116,1) - is... pretty odd. Rather having a real break after the spinner than an unnatural one between 02:11:240 (116,1) - . Move the Spinner to 02:11:990 - and end it on 02:13:490 -
02:25:490 - 03:01:490 - I guess that part should be self-explaining what to do. :P

Oh boy, that was a big thing to mod. I greatly apologize for myself it took so long to mod your beatmap. The Kantan lastly looks not bad but has a lot of undiscovered potential you should get from it. About the rest of the difficulties I already wrote my opinion to them sooo.. yeah, it really is long (and I hope I could actually help you at all, so the time was worth!). Good luck!
posted
All changes applied and a few things changed to fit better

Thanks for the really really big mod!
posted
Hey Dargin wat up dude, I'm here from my modding queue now. no kds until i'm done.
Once i listened to this song a few times, it starts

General Information
- you have a few spinners at the beginning of your map that all end on blue ticks. this applies to your lower diffs. you should generally try to get them to end on white or red ticks.
- didn't want to keep mentioning that in your difficulties.
Kantan
- 02:11:996 (1) - in your spinner there are a bunch of volume changes that you don't really need tbh
- flawless Kantan mapping no need for further modding on that tbh
Futsuu
- 01:14:246 (43) - this finisher here isn't necessary. it doesn't amplify anything, therefor i see no need for it.
- 01:14:996 (46) - gonna use this ^ to repeat anything. and same thing with this finisher.
- 01:20:996 (68) - ^
- 01:53:996 (91,92,93) - this is unnecessary. you might want to delete it and try something like this instead
- 02:10:121 (140) - why is this a finisher? try removing it and seeing how it sounds. actually move it one note forward to here instead 02:10:496 (141) -
- General notes about the futsuu. You use a lot of finishers imo so try toning them down a bit.
Muzukashii
- the area in this spot from 01:34:496 (56) - to here 01:37:496 (57) - seems kind of bland and you should add something in between there.
- the rest of the map is fine. great muzu imo.
Oni
- 00:58:121 (17,18,19) - try changing this to a kdd or kdk pattern it plays a bit better imo.
- 01:25:871 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - try changing this to kkkkddddk it plays and sounds better tbh.
- 01:27:371 (16) - ^
- nothing more to say.


The map is really good tbh. Just found a few mistakes mostly with spinners in the lower diffs. Good luck my boi!
posted
Thanks for the mod, I applied most of your changes
posted
Quick Long touch up mod regarding this set, as I don't feel comfortable bubbling it just yet- (no kds, I will deny the post it myself for safe keeping)
Please, remember to only accept suggestions you agree with.

[Kantan]
Change HP to 7.
00:28:496 (22) - Think this should be a kat to make this pattern congruent to the one at 00:25:496 (17,18,19) - where relatively the same sounds are present
00:36:933 (35) - If you'd like, you can move this note back 1/2 a beat to 00:37:121 instead, as the drum sound you are mapping here is present there as well.
00:49:027 (1) - Although this is for the sake of rhythmic accuracy, I don't know that a 1/4 snapped note is a good idea for a kantan, I'd personally suggest extending the spinner to 00:49:121. The same can go for 01:01:027 (1) - as well.
The kiai in general is quite boring, as the main note composition is just a big d k d k d k d k... over and over and over again. I suggest adding a note to 01:15:371 (and by extension, every other place where this sound and structure occurs), which although is a minor change, spices up the kiai a little bit.
01:25:121 (43) - You may delete this note and make 01:25:496 (44) - a finisher to emphasize the hit if you'd like to.
Kiai beginning should start at 01:49:496, not 01:48:090.
01:50:808 (83) - For simplicity sake, I think this note can be removed so that the main emphasis is on the big hits that occur on the downbeats. Keeps the map simple and the SR from going nuts. If you disagree with this, I recommend alternating it between this suggestion and how it currently is now. It would end up looking like this:
02:27:183 (4,10) - These two notes should be removed for both simplicity and to allow some break area in a relatively uneventful part of the song.
02:49:027 (1) - Is the same as 00:49:027 (1)
02:49:496 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21) - I feel that the rhythm here can be made much more comfortable and accurate to play with a few changes. Pay close attention:
1) Move notes 3, 4, and 5 back 1 beat.
2) Remove note 8.
3) Move notes 9 - 20 forward 1 beat.
(optional) 4) Remove 03:00:746 (21) - and make 03:01:121 (22) - a kat.
The same kiai issue I talked about earlier is even more present here. I suggest adding a don to 03:04:121 and 03:07:121, which again will liven up the kiai a little bit. Also BIG problem-from the beginning of the last kiai to the end of the song, no 4/1 breaks are present, an unrankable issue. Starting after the end of the kiai, the density should drop either immediately or gradually (preferably gradually) as the song's intensity drops massively. Deleting 03:26:996 (61) - and the other notes like it fix this problem instantly-but it is of course by preference.

[Futsuu]
The changes that need to be made to this difficulty are SO BIG, 2/1 breaks are missing all over the place! I will discuss this difficulty with you in voice chat later today, this futsuu is currently too hard for futsuu, and is rather an easier Muzukashii. I will be back to summarize the changes made to this difficulty when they are completed. (Also change HP to 6)

[Muzukashii]
00:30:746 (83) - There's nothing in the music that implies this note should be a kat, I recommend staying consistent and making this a don to match the other bass hits before it.
00:55:496 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - I suggest using the following models to match the rhythm a bit more and for note variety:
01:25:871 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35) - A big chunk of notes, but I feel like this can be simplified to a LARGE extent and still be both accurate and comfortable to play. This, in my opinion, can be achieved by deleting 01:25:965 (4) - , 01:27:090 (10) - , 01:28:215 (18) - , 01:28:965 (22) - , 01:30:090 (29) - , and 01:33:652 (49) - . I suggest these deletions as although they are apparent, the density and difficulty level just takes a HUGE increase because of these triplets.
01:50:246 (116) - Unfinish, as other notes like this one are not finished making this seem like an inconsistency.
01:53:621 (137,138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145) - I think this can be changed, and you have two options to choose from, which are depicted in the pictures in the box:
Pictures
Option 1:
Option 2:
Take note that the last 4 notes on the picture have been ctrl+g to match the pitch more...

02:07:121 (192,193,194) - I know you tried to simplify the 1/3 rhythm, but it is okay to use kkkd in 1/3 here for a muzu, as it's not too hard.
02:45:652 (13) - You can move this note from here to 02:45:840 and change both 02:44:996 (8,12) - to dons (note 8 to a don finisher)
03:01:121 (57) - This should be a regular kat instead of a finisher don. Making it a finisher takes away from the emphasis of note 58.
Triplets should not be in the end of the map, the music simply doesn't support it. I personally prefer deleting notes like 03:25:777 (159) - to match the intensity.
[ONIF Oni]
00:28:121 (94,95) - If you insist on using a kat, I recommend ctrl+g for these two notes.
00:58:215 (18) - The music doesn't support this note, so I recommend deleting it.
01:46:496 (148,149,150,151,152,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,160,161,162,163,164) - I recommend changing this stream to kkkkddddkkkkddkkd. This is so that the kdk kdkdk pattern that follows after it provides variation instead of 25 notes just being a huge kdkdkdkdkdkdk... scheme.
03:02:246 (99) - Unfinish, 03:08:246 (132) - is the same sound and it's not a finisher. Stay consistent with your finisher sounds, please.
The same ending problem I talked about in muzukashii AND in kantan still exists here. I personally would have not mapped the ending at all, it's too repetitive to support any variation. It's up to you, but if you prefer to keep the ending mapped, then please keep it similar to what I suggested in the Muzukashii.

Overall, this set isn't quite ready yet, but I'll throw a star icon on it because this kind of music is quite unbeknownst to taiko, and I personally feel that this map has potential. After applying this mod, I will call Stefan BACK to this set before I bubble, so I can ensure that this set is of satisfactory quality to an experienced BN.

I'll be back! :)~
posted

Taikocracy wrote:

Quick Long touch up mod regarding this set, as I don't feel comfortable bubbling it just yet- (no kds, I will deny the post it myself for safe keeping)
Please, remember to only accept suggestions you agree with.

[Kantan]
Change HP to 7.
00:28:496 (22) - Think this should be a kat to make this pattern congruent to the one at 00:25:496 (17,18,19) - where relatively the same sounds are presentDone
00:36:933 (35) - If you'd like, you can move this note back 1/2 a beat to 00:37:121 instead, as the drum sound you are mapping here is present there as well.Done
00:49:027 (1) - Although this is for the sake of rhythmic accuracy, I don't know that a 1/4 snapped note is a good idea for a kantan, I'd personally suggest extending the spinner to 00:49:121. The same can go for 01:01:027 (1) - as well.I understand your argument but I believe this note is necessary and I don't believe that it is a reason you'd see anyone who actually plays kantans, complain.
The kiai in general is quite boring, as the main note composition is just a big d k d k d k d k... over and over and over again. I suggest adding a note to 01:15:371 (and by extension, every other place where this sound and structure occurs), which although is a minor change, spices up the kiai a little bit. Okay
01:25:121 (43) - You may delete this note and make 01:25:496 (44) - a finisher to emphasize the hit if you'd like to.
Kiai beginning should start at 01:49:496, not 01:48:090.Okay
01:50:808 (83) - For simplicity sake, I think this note can be removed so that the main emphasis is on the big hits that occur on the downbeats. Keeps the map simple and the SR from going nuts. If you disagree with this, I recommend alternating it between this suggestion and how it currently is now. It would end up looking like this: I agree!
02:27:183 (4,10) - These two notes should be removed for both simplicity and to allow some break area in a relatively uneventful part of the song.Okay
02:49:027 (1) - Is the same as 00:49:027 (1)My same argument. Will change if mentioned again by another possible future mod.
02:49:496 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21) - I feel that the rhythm here can be made much more comfortable and accurate to play with a few changes. Pay close attention:
1) Move notes 3, 4, and 5 back 1 beat.
2) Remove note 8.
3) Move notes 9 - 20 forward 1 beat.
(optional) 4) Remove 03:00:746 (21) - and make 03:01:121 (22) - a kat.
The same kiai issue I talked about earlier is even more present here. I suggest adding a don to 03:04:121 and 03:07:121, which again will liven up the kiai a little bit. Also BIG problem-from the beginning of the last kiai to the end of the song, no 4/1 breaks are present, an unrankable issue. Starting after the end of the kiai, the density should drop either immediately or gradually (preferably gradually) as the song's intensity drops massively. Deleting 03:26:996 (61) - and the other notes like it fix this problem instantly-but it is of course by preference.

[Futsuu]
The changes that need to be made to this difficulty are SO BIG, 2/1 breaks are missing all over the place! I will discuss this difficulty with you in voice chat later today, this futsuu is currently too hard for futsuu, and is rather an easier Muzukashii. I will be back to summarize the changes made to this difficulty when they are completed. (Also change HP to 6) I've completely changed the Futsuu quite a bit

[Muzukashii] I will ignore this until Ayyri finishes her Muzukashii
00:30:746 (83) - There's nothing in the music that implies this note should be a kat, I recommend staying consistent and making this a don to match the other bass hits before it.
00:55:496 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - I suggest using the following models to match the rhythm a bit more and for note variety:
01:25:871 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35) - A big chunk of notes, but I feel like this can be simplified to a LARGE extent and still be both accurate and comfortable to play. This, in my opinion, can be achieved by deleting 01:25:965 (4) - , 01:27:090 (10) - , 01:28:215 (18) - , 01:28:965 (22) - , 01:30:090 (29) - , and 01:33:652 (49) - . I suggest these deletions as although they are apparent, the density and difficulty level just takes a HUGE increase because of these triplets.
01:50:246 (116) - Unfinish, as other notes like this one are not finished making this seem like an inconsistency.
01:53:621 (137,138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145) - I think this can be changed, and you have two options to choose from, which are depicted in the pictures in the box:
Pictures
Option 1:
Option 2:
Take note that the last 4 notes on the picture have been ctrl+g to match the pitch more...

02:07:121 (192,193,194) - I know you tried to simplify the 1/3 rhythm, but it is okay to use kkkd in 1/3 here for a muzu, as it's not too hard.
02:45:652 (13) - You can move this note from here to 02:45:840 and change both 02:44:996 (8,12) - to dons (note 8 to a don finisher)
03:01:121 (57) - This should be a regular kat instead of a finisher don. Making it a finisher takes away from the emphasis of note 58.
Triplets should not be in the end of the map, the music simply doesn't support it. I personally prefer deleting notes like 03:25:777 (159) - to match the intensity.
[ONIF Oni]
00:28:121 (94,95) - If you insist on using a kat, I recommend ctrl+g for these two notes.Okay
00:58:215 (18) - The music doesn't support this note, so I recommend deleting it.Okay
01:46:496 (148,149,150,151,152,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,160,161,162,163,164) - I recommend changing this stream to kkkkddddkkkkddkkd. This is so that the kdk kdkdk pattern that follows after it provides variation instead of 25 notes just being a huge kdkdkdkdkdkdk... scheme.Okay
03:02:246 (99) - Unfinish, 03:08:246 (132) - is the same sound and it's not a finisher. Stay consistent with your finisher sounds, please.Okay
The same ending problem I talked about in muzukashii AND in kantan still exists here. I personally would have not mapped the ending at all, it's too repetitive to support any variation. It's up to you, but if you prefer to keep the ending mapped, then please keep it similar to what I suggested in the Muzukashii.I deleted all the endings

Overall, this set isn't quite ready yet, but I'll throw a star icon on it because this kind of music is quite unbeknownst to taiko, and I personally feel that this map has potential. After applying this mod, I will call Stefan BACK to this set before I bubble, so I can ensure that this set is of satisfactory quality to an experienced BN.

I'll be back! :)~ Cyka blyat
posted
Futsuu was fixed together during a VC (through the removal of many notes and making sure that there are suitable 2/1 breaks), awaiting the completion of Ayyri's Muzukashii before continuing progress on this set~
Please sign in to reply.