1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. Tournaments
show more
posted
the rules for freemod mod picks state:

7. The FreeMod bracket will have FreeMod activated.
7.1. Possible mod choices are: Hidden, HardRock and Hidden+HardRock

why is Easy not allowed here? it has been used seriously in at least one tournament, and if an opportunity presents itself for it to be useful, no matter how rare it is, why not allow it?
posted
Fair question, I would have problems figuring out a proper multiplier for it (given we use scorev2). Would it be a positive one? (it obviously makes things harder) or a negative one? (since it makes you less likely to fail.. ok weak argument)

I am not an EZ player or have much insight in this aspect, so if you have suggestions in how to design it, feel free to propose something!

(without a multiplier, it would sort of lose its tactical purpose, wouldn't it? dunno...)
posted
This will be my first one I'll be able to watch!! And will there be banners available like for the mania tournament so we can support our country?
posted

Loctav wrote:

Fair question, I would have problems figuring out a proper multiplier for it (given we use scorev2). Would it be a positive one? (it obviously makes things harder) or a negative one? (since it makes you less likely to fail.. ok weak argument)

I am not an EZ player or have much insight in this aspect, so if you have suggestions in how to design it, feel free to propose something!

(without a multiplier, it would sort of lose its tactical purpose, wouldn't it? dunno...)
You already have the ability to revive without ez mod in multiplayer, i don't think you should be punished for it when using ez.
posted

- Eclipse - wrote:

This will be my first one I'll be able to watch!! And will there be banners available like for the mania tournament so we can support our country?
They had it last year for the osu! world cup 2015 :3
posted
Tiebreaker map for Grand Finals - Brain Power (Long Version)
posted
Time for some meme map warm-ups.
posted

Cawub wrote:

Time for some meme map warm-ups.
Trust Hong Kong for the Bob the Builder warm up
posted
I think wiki should be updated with registered countries and their captain. It has been 7 days since registration and I have no clue if my country qualified in top 32 because there is no available info released or message saying we didn't qualify.

ETA on participating teams?
posted

a loli wrote:

I think wiki should be updated with registered countries and their captain. It has been 7 days since registration and I have no clue if my country qualified in top 32 because there is no available info released or message saying we didn't qualify.

ETA on participating teams?
+1
posted

a loli wrote:

I think wiki should be updated with registered countries and their captain. It has been 7 days since registration and I have no clue if my country qualified in top 32 because there is no available info released or message saying we didn't qualify.

ETA on participating teams?
Team rosters hype
posted
Hey, can I commentate this year? I would love to help cover some matches (that ztrot doesn't cover) and add something fresh to the world cup experience.
posted

Loctav wrote:



Wiki | Livestream


Welcome to the osu! World Cup 2016 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest worldwide osu! tournament.
Who designed the banner?
posted
@Gummy: I guess flyte :^)

As mentioned above, I want to ask you when the candidate list would be noticed. the registration was ended quite times ago.
posted
I hope we can get some matches like last year's grand finals. It was so epic.
posted
sent out the first lists (3 lol). Remaining lists should be sent out in the next days, depending on processing progress. Majority is wrapped now though.

Updated the wiki accordingly
posted
Will you guys post the country statistics tables, sorted from the strongest to the weakest? I just want to see who qualified and who didn't
posted
They will do it, and that's progressing now!
posted
i've been working on some stats stuff lately based on information i could gather(so a lot of info is sadly missing), but once the teams are all out, i might whip up some stat stuff based on the teams that passed(since i don't have access to the info on teams that didn't get in)
posted

Gummy wrote:

Loctav wrote:


Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu! World Cup 2016 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest worldwide osu! tournament.
Who designed the banner?
The strangest banner in World Cup history
show more
Please sign in to reply.