forum

Attack Attack! - Interlude

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bob80905
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 8:08:00 PM

Artist: Attack Attack!
Title: Interlude
Tags: Attack Attack Interlude Some day came suddenly
BPM: 140
Filesize: 2200kb
Play Time: 02:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.45 stars, 96 notes)
  2. Hard (3.33 stars, 289 notes)
  3. Insane 2 (5.09 stars, 505 notes)
  4. Insane (4.27 stars, 430 notes)
  5. Normalish-Hard (2.43 stars, 224 notes)
Download: Attack Attack! - Interlude
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
lohl
Rifdi
From my M4M queue

I found some problems that hold me back from modding your actual mapping, due to:

BPM and Timing Points

- This song's bpm is exactly 140 BPM.

- The red timing points are the root points to set BPM's if there were to be any BPM change in the song. Since this song only has one BPM, the red timing point should be where the song stars (or where you want to start mapping the song), which means there are only one red timing point. If you want to add additional timing points for kiai and such, use the green timing points by CTRL+Shift+P.

I found the suitable offset for the map is 206.

After you fix this issue i will mod your map, so no kudos to this post.

Good luck :)
Topic Starter
bob80905

Rifdi wrote:

- This song's bpm is exactly 140 BPM.
I spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out the bpm/offset. Is there some reliable, precise method you used to get to that answer? How'd you do it so fast? I'd like to know so i can use that method for some other maps, but regardless, I'll trust you and use 140 bpm offset 206, since it's not much of a difference.
Alrighty, mod done. I learned a little about green/red points, have kudosu.
Rifdi
there are some sites and apps to calculate the BPM of a song. One of those apps is BPM counter, try it out.
I personally VirtualDJ, i know by any means it is not a BPM checking tool but because i mix songs every now and then, I just use it cause it has its own BPM detector.

Manually, I would do this:

1. Just like anybody would, start determining the BPM by tapping to the song. After you are confident that the tick is somewhat correct, see the actual number of the BPM. If its not rounded up, then just round it up (say yours was 139.97, just round it up to 140). Most songs out there are based on a round number of BPM, and not decimals.

2. After that, you determine the offset. My way of doing that is to slow the song to 25% of its original speed which is done by sliding that slider on the bottom right corner of the screen. From there, you keep repeating the song on a certain clear, strong beat, adjust the offset on that until the tick synchronized with the said beat. If your BPM is correct and the song only has one BPM, the tick would synchronize to the rest of the song. It is a very repetitive work and you would have to do it a lot of times to be certain of a songs offset sometimes.

That's how I generally time a map, if you have any further questions just ask it here :)

Good luck!
Rifdi
From my M4M queue

Lets Go

General

AIMod

Fix the 5 issues from the top. The last 2 problems are major if you want to rank this map and for the 6th I am not really certain.

You can do Ctrl+Shift+A to open AIMod in the editor.

Map mod

Insane
-Why are these 00:04:063 (2,3) - closer to each other than 00:02:349 (2,3) - ? they're on the same kind of pattern 00:01:920 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and beat so they shouldn't differ from each other.

- 00:07:920 (3,4,5,6) - This part is confusing. Previously you are using this 00:06:420 (4,5,6) - which is fine. Make the triples you use consistent.
This part could also be rejected by looking at the distance according to the kind of beat ( in this case 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4 ). You see, this three 00:07:920 (3,4,5) - are 1/4 beat from each other, yet you use the same distance as these have 00:08:242 (4,5) - to 00:08:563 (6) - which is a 1/2 beat. This kind of pattern will throw people off. ( If you don't understand let me know ).

- 00:09:634 (3,4,5,6) - same thing ^

- 00:18:206 you miss one tick here, fill it with something, it has a strong bass kick sound.

- 00:21:634 same thing ^

- In my opinion its better to make this 00:24:849 (1) - a slider that extends to the next white tick.

- give more distance between 00:31:706 (8) - and 00:32:134 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - since there's a pause.

- Its better to use a distance that is further than what you have in between 00:34:920 (8,9) - for 00:35:134 (9,1) - since between 00:35:134 (9) - and 00:35:563 (1) - there's a pause

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay since there are a lot of parts with the same kind of problem, I'm gonna address it here separately:

When there's a pause between two notes, you want this two notes have a greater distance than any other ones. This would help the player to notice "Oh there's a pause here, so I would stop tapping and start when the next circle/slider appear". Distance between notes are crucial to indicate a change of pace in the play. If you would like to use the same distance even though the two notes have different intervals, you have to give a clear "lead-in" to that part. So the player would know that even though these notes have the same distance, they vary on the beats. If you would like an example, download this map:

xi - Akasha by Atsuro and skip to 01:06:224 (1) - for the thing i just explained.

The use of distance has to be consistent as well, you need to determine it and use it on the same note intervals moving forward. It doesn't have to be like exact, but all in all similiar.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02:03:634 (1) - You need to make this slider clearer. By clearer I mean the visibility of the slider. This slider has that wiggling in the end and I don't see a clear sign that would happen, so you have to fix that slider in order for people to read it properly.

I hope this mod helps your map
Good luck~! :)
Topic Starter
bob80905

Rifdi wrote:

From my M4M queue

Lets Go

General

AIMod

Fix the 5 issues from the top. The last 2 problems are major if you want to rank this map and for the 6th I am not really certain.
Durr, after changing bpm I should probs check if everything's snapped. Oh yeah, I better start on that easy/normal map.

You can do Ctrl+Shift+A to open AIMod in the editor.

Map mod

Insane
-Why are these 00:04:063 (2,3) - closer to each other than 00:02:349 (2,3) - ? they're on the same kind of pattern 00:01:920 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and beat so they shouldn't differ from each other.
I've never used distance snapping before, didn't really understand it. You have opened my eyes.
- 00:07:920 (3,4,5,6) - This part is confusing. Previously you are using this 00:06:420 (4,5,6) - which is fine. Make the triples you use consistent.
This part could also be rejected by looking at the distance according to the kind of beat ( in this case 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4 ). You see, this three 00:07:920 (3,4,5) - are 1/4 beat from each other, yet you use the same distance as these have 00:08:242 (4,5) - to 00:08:563 (6) - which is a 1/2 beat. This kind of pattern will throw people off. ( If you don't understand let me know ).
I know what you mean. Good suggestion.
- 00:09:634 (3,4,5,6) - same thing ^

- 00:18:206 you miss one tick here, fill it with something, it has a strong bass kick sound. Was going for melody, but did it anyways.c

- 00:21:634 same thing ^

- In my opinion its better to make this 00:24:849 (1) - a slider that extends to the next white tick.

- give more distance between 00:31:706 (8) - and 00:32:134 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - since there's a pause.

- Its better to use a distance that is further than what you have in between 00:34:920 (8,9) - for 00:35:134 (9,1) - since between 00:35:134 (9) - and 00:35:563 (1) - there's a pause

Okay since there are a lot of parts with the same kind of problem, I'm gonna address it here separately:

When there's a pause between two notes, you want this two notes have a greater distance than any other ones. This would help the player to notice "Oh there's a pause here, so I would stop tapping and start when the next circle/slider appear". Distance between notes are crucial to indicate a change of pace in the play. If you would like to use the same distance even though the two notes have different intervals, you have to give a clear "lead-in" to that part. So the player would know that even though these notes have the same distance, they vary on the beats. If you would like an example, download this map:

xi - Akasha by Atsuro and skip to 01:06:224 (1) - for the thing i just explained.

The use of distance has to be consistent as well, you need to determine it and use it on the same note intervals moving forward. It doesn't have to be like exact, but all in all similiar.S-sick d00d.

02:03:634 (1) - You need to make this slider clearer. By clearer I mean the visibility of the slider. This slider has that wiggling in the end and I don't see a clear sign that would happen, so you have to fix that slider in order for people to read it properly.
Fixed.

I hope this mod helps your map
Good luck~! :)
Sure did. Thanks.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.