forum

Music you grew up with

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaosemerald
What kind of music did you grow up with?

I absolutely loved Red Hot Chili Peppers, when I was 5-6 years old, and I still love them. Probably because my dad used to play them all the time. I also really liked Green Day, Nirvana, Good Charlotte, Ace of Base, Oasis, Depeche Mode and Blur a lot (I still listen to Depeche Mode, Blur and Green Day though)

This song was my jam x)
Pawsu
One of them was definitely Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
My dad used to play this quite a lot, listening to it is a distinct memory.
Rurree
Green Day, blink-182, The Beatles, Oasis, and Radiohead most of the time.
Navizel
nothing
I don't listen to the music from my childhood anymore
Jukkii
i used to listen to alot of DJ Splash, i listened to his music alot during my childhood, and due to a certain childhood friend i also heard alot of iron maiden.
just EDM in general, a classic which gives me the feels every time i listen to it is DJ Mangoo's Eurodancer, i listened to it alot and never grown bored of it.
hands up is the best genre in the world
Stefan

recently found out the title + artist and I listen to it at times.
Endaris

Stefan wrote:

All thanks to osu! :D (I've seen your comment on the map at least)

I'm specifically damaged from music I grew up with. I still love stuff like this and even though I never had the urge to learn guitar for a very long time I finally started to learn it (quality 240p from 2006):
epic man 2
Red Zone (Tatsh) all the way,

can probably credit Night of Nights too, but I don't know.
Bunny Cookie

Stefan wrote:

I Really Like It
Carmlillball
Quite a lot, but my most memorable:

I remember, as a 10-or-so year old, staring at the music video for ages. I was obsessed with this song due to the music video, and I continue to genuinely like the song due to it's beat. I also kinda like Oliver Tree btw.

[Insert any ABBA song here, idk, I'm indecisive as hell]

When I was 6/7, I was part of a choir, and the group did exclusively ABBA songs (no, I'm 16, not 30). This, I believe, was my first introduction to music which wasn't Crazy Frog. And I LOVED the music! Probably really annoyed my mum. I still enjoy their music, as well as Roxette (who are quite similar to them)

[Crazy Frog... Can't stand the idea of even searching for it]

EVERY 2000's kid was obsessed with this garbage when they were younger. EVERY. SINGLE. 2000'S BABY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

[Gummy Bear... Even worse than Crazy Frog]

Like with Crazy Frog, EVERY 2000's kid was obsessed with this garbage when they were younger. And probably some 2010's kids.
TheKingHenry
classical and prog
a bit later metal came into the picture
Offdensen
Metal. Primarily metal, but i did also grow up with alt. rock as well, along with country (Ah yes the American South).
-Fruitcake-
Super Mario 64 music
Phantonym
DMASIV - Esok kan bahagia
j4ida
i was surrounded with the scorpions and the eagles among my family :')
Designer1900
80's and 90's rock and metal mixed in with some classical stuff, the 90's where...... weird but fun.
Dilly_P
Nicki Minaj Raised Me
MusicRitman
My Music I grew up with is Ritman.
that's the pun indeed
[RUE]Bambinex
Waterflame, Xtrullor, NightKilla, Dimrain47, Dex Arson, TheFatRat, Teminite, Panda Eyes.

I'm a Geometry Dash boi.
Rebel_Fox
KISS, been listening to them since my childhood.
show more