forum

Music you grew up with

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaosemerald
What kind of music did you grow up with?

I absolutely loved Red Hot Chili Peppers, when I was 5-6 years old, and I still love them. Probably because my dad used to play them all the time. I also really liked Green Day, Nirvana, Good Charlotte, Ace of Base, Oasis, Depeche Mode and Blur a lot (I still listen to Depeche Mode, Blur and Green Day though)

This song was my jam x)
Pawsu
One of them was definitely Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
My dad used to play this quite a lot, listening to it is a distinct memory.
Rurree
Green Day, blink-182, The Beatles, Oasis, and Radiohead most of the time.
Navizel
nothing
I don't listen to the music from my childhood anymore
Jukkii
i used to listen to alot of DJ Splash, i listened to his music alot during my childhood, and due to a certain childhood friend i also heard alot of iron maiden.
just EDM in general, a classic which gives me the feels every time i listen to it is DJ Mangoo's Eurodancer, i listened to it alot and never grown bored of it.
hands up is the best genre in the world
Stefan

recently found out the title + artist and I listen to it at times.
Endaris

Stefan wrote:

All thanks to osu! :D (I've seen your comment on the map at least)

I'm specifically damaged from music I grew up with. I still love stuff like this and even though I never had the urge to learn guitar for a very long time I finally started to learn it (quality 240p from 2006):
epic man 2
Red Zone (Tatsh) all the way,

can probably credit Night of Nights too, but I don't know.
Bunny Cookie

Stefan wrote:

I Really Like It
Carmlillball
Quite a lot, but my most memorable:

I remember, as a 10-or-so year old, staring at the music video for ages. I was obsessed with this song due to the music video, and I continue to genuinely like the song due to it's beat. I also kinda like Oliver Tree btw.

[Insert any ABBA song here, idk, I'm indecisive as hell]

When I was 6/7, I was part of a choir, and the group did exclusively ABBA songs (no, I'm 16, not 30). This, I believe, was my first introduction to music which wasn't Crazy Frog. And I LOVED the music! Probably really annoyed my mum. I still enjoy their music, as well as Roxette (who are quite similar to them)

[Crazy Frog... Can't stand the idea of even searching for it]

EVERY 2000's kid was obsessed with this garbage when they were younger. EVERY. SINGLE. 2000'S BABY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

[Gummy Bear... Even worse than Crazy Frog]

Like with Crazy Frog, EVERY 2000's kid was obsessed with this garbage when they were younger. And probably some 2010's kids.
TheKingHenry
classical and prog
a bit later metal came into the picture
Offdensen
Metal. Primarily metal, but i did also grow up with alt. rock as well, along with country (Ah yes the American South).
-Fruitcake-
Super Mario 64 music
Phantonym
DMASIV - Esok kan bahagia
j4ida
i was surrounded with the scorpions and the eagles among my family :')
Designer1900
80's and 90's rock and metal mixed in with some classical stuff, the 90's where...... weird but fun.
Dilly_P
Nicki Minaj Raised Me
MusicRitman
My Music I grew up with is Ritman.
that's the pun indeed
[RUE]Bambinex
Waterflame, Xtrullor, NightKilla, Dimrain47, Dex Arson, TheFatRat, Teminite, Panda Eyes.

I'm a Geometry Dash boi.
Rebel_Fox
KISS, been listening to them since my childhood.
ClevelandsMyBro
grew up listening to stereotypical pop and edm music. ended up listening to metal then punk then emo. all three genres feel more closer to mucics i grew up with rather than the generic stuff (though im still 15 so i might still be considered growing up).
Sugar_owo
I'd say i was mainly around the time where it either was Britney Spears, Flo Rida, Demi Lovato or Lady Gaga who's songs were playing in the car when I was a bit younger.
keremaru
as a hawaii boi, i grew up with reggae in the car.
i couldn't tell you the name, but i would remember the tune.

at home though i was fucking sucked in by PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUUUUSSEE TOOONIGHTEE
vibrantcy
i grew up with stuff like metallica, motley crue, system of a down, and some other things im too lazy to name
Sugar_owo

keremaru wrote:

as a hawaii boi, i grew up with reggae in the car.
i couldn't tell you the name, but i would remember the tune.

at home though i was fucking sucked in by PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUUUUSSEE TOOONIGHTEE
:O i remember that song lmao