forum

Nokae feat. Adriana Figueroa & Miku-Tan - Something Entirely

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Landwii
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2016 at 01:14:35 a. m.

Artist: Nokae feat. Adriana Figueroa & Miku-Tan
Title: Something Entirely New
Source: Steven Universe
Tags: aivi & surasshu, the Answer, ruby, sapphire
BPM: 128
Filesize: 3519kb
Play Time: 02:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy Ruby (1.51 stars, 92 notes)
  2. Hard Sapphire (2.49 stars, 214 notes)
  3. The answer (4.44 stars, 424 notes)
Download: Nokae feat. Adriana Figueroa & Miku-Tan - Something Entirely New
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
i made this beatmap as my first BIG and well mapped thing, this time for all modes! (But taiko be a bit lame)
thanks to both Rebeca Sugar and Videogame Remixes for making this song (Rebeca Sugar made the original, VGR made this amazing remix)
If you are here: Mind modding or giving kudosu? it would be nice to get this ranked!
Alternate artist: aivi & surasshu (cause of searches), taggs added
Update 1: ballanced sapphire.
Update 2: Made beatmap skin.
Update 3: Re-timed and re-snaped (-Dave Strider- Mod mainly)
Update 4: Pandav Mod, Easyer Easy, The answear is harder yet less circles.
Update 5: Better skin, Here be some credits:Update 6: Easy now 1/3 and Sapphire more Understandable. +Better Skin.
Update 7: Ruby diff is now better timed.
Update 8: Remastered Flow.
Update 9: The answer to the enswer was to do the flow, wich is now MUCH better.
Update 10: Perfected timing in all difficulties a lot... perfected also spacing
Update 11: Reshaped sliders on some diffs
Update 12: Improved astetics in Ruby and sapphire diffs, The answear latter
Update 13: Metadata fix and better The answear... still needs some work?
[ Shamwow ]
hi! quick mod

-first, I'm not very good at timing and stuff but i think the BPM should be 125? Have someone check that though, or even ask the people that made the remix

-I don't think theres a BPM change at 01:22:617 - it should be the same BPM throughout the whole map

-disable the countdown in song setup under the design tab on all diffs

-00:30:000 to 00:45:113 should be kiai time (use inheriting section to set kiai time, not timing sections)

-kiai should start at 01:52:574 and end at 02:18:321

-your diff names have to make the difficulty of the song clear (as in it has to be named easy/normal/hard/etc) so your diff names cant be ruby/sapphire if you want it to be ranked (the last difficulty can be a unique name though i believe)

-even for an insane diff, i don't recommend a circle size that small ;-;

unfortunately it's pretty impossible to say anything about your actual map since the timing is off, so once you figure that out it'll be easier to mod
Topic Starter
Landwii

-Dave Strider- wrote:

hi! quick mod
Thanks for the mod! applied most of things and and updated. :)
pandav_old
Heya! Still caring about this awesome song? Actually, the BPM is 128, but -Dave Strider- is right when he say that there's no BPM changes. Keep it to 128 from 00:00:058 to the end. It should be way more easier to place the notes!

For the Kiai Time, if you want to be 100% accurate:
1.00:30:058 to 00:45:058
2.01:52:558 to 02:18:339

Now, the breaks! You should place one when there's significant changes in the song. For example, you could start one at:
01:22:558 and end it at 01:37:089 or 01:37:558.

And for the difficulties, maybe you could wait a bit more before mapping insane ones ;-). If you do exactly what I said, it should be PERFECT! I hope it will be helpfull! I can't wait for you to finish this beatmap!

P-S: STEVEN UNIVERSE FAN!!!!!!!That's me
Topic Starter
Landwii

pandav wrote:

P-S: STEVEN UNIVERSE FAN!!!!!!!That's me
Mi 2, applied Mod.
pandav_old
I see that you're still working on your beatmap , but I still see some errors and I know you told me to let other people have the chance to help you, but I couldn't help it ;P.

Ruby (easy):
-You should put a circle at the begining.
-It would be better if you map your song in 1/2, essentially because it will sound better, but also, since it's the easiest difficulty of the beatmap, it will be easier for the new players.
-For the breaks, the first one should start at the end of the first Kiai time, which is 00:45:058, and finish at 00:56:542. For the second one, just check my previous post.
-I think the spinner should begin at 01:49:042 and finish at 01:51:620.

-Sapphire (hard):
-You should begin the song at same time as it begins in Ruby(easy) difficulty.
-I think it would be better if the break begins at 01:22:558
-Your first spinner should begin at 00:28:163 and finish at 00:30:058, when the Kiai Time begins.
-Your second spinner could begin at 00:42:514 and finish at 00:44:589., but I guess you can leave it like it currently is.
-The third one, 01:34:276--­> 01:37:089 or where it's now.
-Maybe you could replace the fourth spinner by circles and sliders.
-The fifth spinner (there is a lot of them, that's for sure!), 01:48:808-->01:51:620.
-You should think again on how placing all of your circles and sliders, maybe make some patterns that will repeat themselves during the song,Yes, it is a harder difficulty, but the players still need to see a certain logic to what they are hearing. I think. If you want help for that too, let me know.

The answer:
-For this one you should try to find someone else than me, because I mostly play to mania and not so much to osu!standart. I can help you with the two other difficulties, but if you want ''The answer'' diff. to be a 4.78*, I'm not good enough... I think. but I still can tell you that:
-I still think you should begin the beatmap at the same time as the ''Ruby(easy)'' diff.

I hope it'll help. Know that those are not orders,but advices. you do not have to do every single thing I've mentionned (even if I think it could really improve your beatmap). So feel free to heed my words or not.
Topic Starter
Landwii
Coments will be Red and Inside ()

pandav wrote:

Ruby (easy):
-You should put a circle at the begining. (I don't feel like this is a good idea)
-For the breaks, the first one should start at the end of the first Kiai time, which is 00:45:058, and finish at 00:56:542. For the second one, just check my previous post. (The breaks are in easy difficulty the way they are because its easy and the song is quite long, new players would get tired)
-I think the spinner should begin at 01:49:042 and finish at 01:51:620 (If i beat map in 1/2 or 1/3, these contradict themselves)

-Sapphire (hard):
-You should begin the song at same time as it begins in Ruby(easy) difficulty. (Then The map would be consideres easyer, i couldn't place more circles there, rather place nothing)
-Maybe you could replace the fourth spinner by circles and sliders. (Did before mod)
-You should think again on how placing all of your circles and sliders, maybe make some patterns that will repeat themselves during the song,Yes, it is a harder difficulty, but the players still need to see a certain logic to what they are hearing. I think. If you want help for that too, let me know. (I think must long maps that have repetitive patterns get boring, variety is much nicer and creative)

The answer:
-I still think you should begin the beatmap at the same time as the ''Ruby(easy)'' diff. (Insane map is insane, doing that would drag it to just a harder+ which is not)
Thanks for advises, if i didn't comment on then. next update will most likely use them, except for the slider ones.
pandav_old
Well, I'm glad some of my advices helped you out. I just want to tell you this:

Ruby(easy):
Problem: I don't know if it's a good idea to map the entire difficulty in 1/3, since the two others are in 1/4.
Advice: map in 1/4 and maybe use 1/3 for circles that don't fit in 1/4, but I think it would be just fine in 1/4.
Result: the spinner is well-timed.

Sapphire(hard):
You're right!

The answer:
Also right. When I think about it again, it was kind of obvious. Sorry!
Weber
Correct Metadata:

Title: Something Entirely New
Artist: Video Game Remixes feat. Adriana Figueroa & Miku-Tan
Source: Steven Universe

Change Difficulty Names to "Normal", "Hard" and "The Answer"
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.