forum

Inferi - The Promethean Kings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 10:19:28 PM

Artist: Inferi
Title: The Promethean Kings
Tags: the path of apotheosis melodic technical death metal marathon deathstream rsi
BPM: 178
Filesize: 11401kb
Play Time: 05:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. The Merciless (9.16 stars, 2953 notes)
Download: Inferi - The Promethean Kings
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

I AM THE CHOSEN PROMETHEAN KING

jumps/difficulty spikes explanation

thanks for testing
mithew
talala
Gayzmcgee
Xilver15
Bubbleman
Plz Enjoy Game
Azerite
Broodich
Xenbo
Rafis
MouseEasy
mithew
5 favorites in 5 minutes holy
HML
Good meme Mazzyboy
squirrelpascals
03:23:450 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) -
all hail stream master mazzerin
Mitchell Gwr
In case anybody was wondering:
  • - 260bpm part is 8.85 stars alone.
    - 178bpm at 1/6 notes is equal to 267 1/4 notes.
Reddit
oh you forgot to add suicide in the tags
Helyana
0.13 stars away from 9*

oh god
Kroytz
The map seems pretty g for the most part but 03:26:449 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - is the only real difficulty spike that seems rather concerning. Without these four seconds, the map drops from a Star Rating of 8.87 to 7.75
Nyari
And the award for the most unnecessary difficulty spike goes to...

Other than the insane difficulty spike at 3:26, it's a really nice map and it's a shame that the difficulty spike renders the entire map almost unplayable even with extensive amounts of practice on streaming. I can see why you'd want that difficulty spike there but it's really just not a good way to get back the title as the dude that mapped the highest star rating on osu!.

I'm a big fan of your previous works, I'm sure that you'll fix this spike somehow without having them being overly extensive jumps and I really hope that the fact that the star rating might be lower on the final version doesn't bug you that much. I just feel like if this map is ever going to get approved this is a change that needs to be done.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Nyari wrote:

Other than the insane difficulty spike at 3:26, it's a really nice map and it's a shame that the difficulty spike renders the entire map almost unplayable even with extensive amounts of practice on streaming. I can see why you'd want that difficulty spike there but it's really just not a good way to get back the title as the dude that mapped the highest star rating on osu!.

I'm a big fan of your previous works, I'm sure that you'll fix this spike somehow without having them being overly extensive jumps and I really hope that the fact that the star rating might be lower on the final version doesn't bug you that much. I just feel like if this map is ever going to get approved this is a change that needs to be done.
what the fuck are you talking about? First of all, there is no "title" of having the highest star ranked map in osu!, I couldn't care less what star rating says. Secondly, my maps are significantly underrated by star rating, so there's no reason to even doubt they are and will remain hard in comparison to other high star maps going for ranking this year. Thirdly, it was proven as 100% playable by Gayz last night, and I'm pretty sure the likes of Rafis/Vaxei/hvick/C could even fc the jumps. However, you imply it's "overdone" - you're wrong, it's all spaced accordingly to the guitar pitch/drum patterns.

03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - changes guitar pitch a bunch but isn't as intense as the other 3 sections of jumps, everything should be understandable here.
03:28:181 (1,2,1,2,1) - pitch goes up slightly more, so does spacing
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch goes up even more, + 1/4 drums, clearly the most powerful part by far, spacing goes up again, and in comparison to the last section it goes up only slightly
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - pitch goes down, spacing goes down again

not sure which part it doesn't make sense at, considering the lower pitched guitar jumps have even lower spacing for example here 03:39:142 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - which means it all increases gradually. The only problem you could bring up is that the spacing for low pitch jumps starts up too high, but this is a top difficulty after all, the rest of the map is balanced around the same idea.

I'm not sure why you all get so fucking salty whenever there's a huge difficulty spike if it's IN THE GOD DAMN SONG. I'm not going to ignore it just to make it "easy to play" or "consistent" with the rest of the map, if it's intense in the song, then it's intense in the map, simple as that. Can't understand why you'd ever think I map for star rating. There are a few mind-blowing (to me personally, anyways) things I noticed by the way:
1. Even if a high star map is complete dogshit, consistent difficulty saves it from being seen as bad by the community.
2. Non-high difficulty maps that are of average or lower quality get ranked easily and are never really noticed by the community.
3. If a map isn't high star but its difficulty comes from the gimmicks, community is completely fine with it. I cannot comprehend this one at all - I guess the vocal majority (we're not talking about the majority here, number is probably about 99%) is only good enough to judge spacing between objects and not the technical complexity of the map, HA. Which is why maps with underdone spacing but insanely hard gimmicks get ranked and nobody seems to care.
I won't list example maps here for obvious reasons. There would probably be a huge drama just from mentioning one name for the first point here.

Also, enough of begging pumpkinheaded, anime-avatared BNs to check my maps, 85% of you are actually too bad/inexperienced to even judge my maps and the rest of you are either too busy (understandable. no sarcasm) or too pussy to touch them (fuck off. It is kind of amusing to have such a reputation, though). I map these songs because I love the music and want to share it with the rest of the community, at least the part of it which isn't made of braindead animals who think poor taste references are funny. If you think my maps aren't worthy of being ranked, then fine, I won't kneel before you and beg you for your mods/icons, I'll simply let my maps rot in the graveyard. Keep having fun with your anime-infested game.

With that said, enjoy the game, my maps, the songs I map, do whatever the fuck you want to. Just remember that mapping isn't a competition and difficulty spikes aren't bad (if they truly are in the song)

Peace
Shiirn
getting ridiculously defensive

if you want a mod hit me up

you can rest assured it'll mention 3:26 tho, because while the song does have the highest intensity at that point, it's still done in an overblown manner that is basically impossible to read and is fairly unfair for the player. it can be made better. Other parts of the track have a similar intensity overflow and you didn't use cross-screens for those.

EDIT: i mean looking at the other styled jumps the only issue with 3:26 is that it is much, much, much larger by a factor of like double. The 1/4 sliders after said bit can also be shrunk without losing intensity while still being thematically appropriate.
Mazziv
hoyl
SeGin
I love it.
VINXIS
th mercles
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Mazzerin wrote:

Nyari wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about? First of all, there is no "title" of having the highest star ranked map in osu!, I couldn't care less what star rating says. Secondly, my maps are significantly underrated by star rating, so there's no reason to even doubt they are and will remain hard in comparison to other high star maps going for ranking this year. Thirdly, it was proven as 100% playable by Gayz last night, and I'm pretty sure the likes of Rafis/Vaxei/hvick/C could even fc the jumps. However, you imply it's "overdone" - you're wrong, it's all spaced accordingly to the guitar pitch/drum patterns.

03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - changes guitar pitch a bunch but isn't as intense as the other 3 sections of jumps, everything should be understandable here.
03:28:181 (1,2,1,2,1) - pitch goes up slightly more, so does spacing
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch goes up even more, + 1/4 drums, clearly the most powerful part by far, spacing goes up again, and in comparison to the last section it goes up only slightly
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - pitch goes down, spacing goes down again

not sure which part it doesn't make sense at, considering the lower pitched guitar jumps have even lower spacing for example here 03:39:142 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - which means it all increases gradually. The only problem you could bring up is that the spacing for low pitch jumps starts up too high, but this is a top difficulty after all, the rest of the map is balanced around the same idea.

I'm not sure why you all get so fucking salty whenever there's a huge difficulty spike if it's IN THE GOD DAMN SONG. I'm not going to ignore it just to make it "easy to play" or "consistent" with the rest of the map, if it's intense in the song, then it's intense in the map, simple as that. Can't understand why you'd ever think I map for star rating. There are a few mind-blowing (to me personally, anyways) things I noticed by the way:
1. Even if a high star map is complete dogshit, consistent difficulty saves it from being seen as bad by the community.
2. Non-high difficulty maps that are of average or lower quality get ranked easily and are never really noticed by the community.
3. If a map isn't high star but its difficulty comes from the gimmicks, community is completely fine with it. I cannot comprehend this one at all - I guess the vocal majority (we're not talking about the majority here, number is probably about 99%) is only good enough to judge spacing between objects and not the technical complexity of the map, HA. Which is why maps with underdone spacing but insanely hard gimmicks get ranked and nobody seems to care.
I won't list example maps here for obvious reasons. There would probably be a huge drama just from mentioning one name for the first point here.

Also, enough of begging pumpkinheaded, anime-avatared BNs to check my maps, 85% of you are actually too bad/inexperienced to even judge my maps and the rest of you are either too busy (understandable. no sarcasm) or too pussy to touch them (fuck off. It is kind of amusing to have such a reputation, though). I map these songs because I love the music and want to share it with the rest of the community, at least the part of it which isn't made of braindead animals who think poor taste references are funny. If you think my maps aren't worthy of being ranked, then fine, I won't kneel before you and beg you for your mods/icons, I'll simply let my maps rot in the graveyard. Keep having fun with your anime-infested game.

With that said, enjoy the game, my maps, the songs I map, do whatever the fuck you want to. Just remember that mapping isn't a competition and difficulty spikes aren't bad (if they truly are in the song)

Peace
sorry could you repeat that I didn't quite catch it
Dogirl
pls have mercy
Ryuukai
xd
J5 is Life
That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read here.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Cytyzent wrote:

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read here.
congratulations on your first forum post
stryver12

Mazzerin wrote:

I AM THE CHOSEN PROMETHEAN KING
Bow down to the king!
show more