forum

Inferi - The Promethean Kings

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kroytz
The map seems pretty g for the most part but 03:26:449 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - is the only real difficulty spike that seems rather concerning. Without these four seconds, the map drops from a Star Rating of 8.87 to 7.75
Nyari
And the award for the most unnecessary difficulty spike goes to...

Other than the insane difficulty spike at 3:26, it's a really nice map and it's a shame that the difficulty spike renders the entire map almost unplayable even with extensive amounts of practice on streaming. I can see why you'd want that difficulty spike there but it's really just not a good way to get back the title as the dude that mapped the highest star rating on osu!.

I'm a big fan of your previous works, I'm sure that you'll fix this spike somehow without having them being overly extensive jumps and I really hope that the fact that the star rating might be lower on the final version doesn't bug you that much. I just feel like if this map is ever going to get approved this is a change that needs to be done.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Nyari wrote:

Other than the insane difficulty spike at 3:26, it's a really nice map and it's a shame that the difficulty spike renders the entire map almost unplayable even with extensive amounts of practice on streaming. I can see why you'd want that difficulty spike there but it's really just not a good way to get back the title as the dude that mapped the highest star rating on osu!.

I'm a big fan of your previous works, I'm sure that you'll fix this spike somehow without having them being overly extensive jumps and I really hope that the fact that the star rating might be lower on the final version doesn't bug you that much. I just feel like if this map is ever going to get approved this is a change that needs to be done.
what the fuck are you talking about? First of all, there is no "title" of having the highest star ranked map in osu!, I couldn't care less what star rating says. Secondly, my maps are significantly underrated by star rating, so there's no reason to even doubt they are and will remain hard in comparison to other high star maps going for ranking this year. Thirdly, it was proven as 100% playable by Gayz last night, and I'm pretty sure the likes of Rafis/Vaxei/hvick/C could even fc the jumps. However, you imply it's "overdone" - you're wrong, it's all spaced accordingly to the guitar pitch/drum patterns.

03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - changes guitar pitch a bunch but isn't as intense as the other 3 sections of jumps, everything should be understandable here.
03:28:181 (1,2,1,2,1) - pitch goes up slightly more, so does spacing
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch goes up even more, + 1/4 drums, clearly the most powerful part by far, spacing goes up again, and in comparison to the last section it goes up only slightly
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - pitch goes down, spacing goes down again

not sure which part it doesn't make sense at, considering the lower pitched guitar jumps have even lower spacing for example here 03:39:142 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - which means it all increases gradually. The only problem you could bring up is that the spacing for low pitch jumps starts up too high, but this is a top difficulty after all, the rest of the map is balanced around the same idea.

I'm not sure why you all get so fucking salty whenever there's a huge difficulty spike if it's IN THE GOD DAMN SONG. I'm not going to ignore it just to make it "easy to play" or "consistent" with the rest of the map, if it's intense in the song, then it's intense in the map, simple as that. Can't understand why you'd ever think I map for star rating. There are a few mind-blowing (to me personally, anyways) things I noticed by the way:
1. Even if a high star map is complete dogshit, consistent difficulty saves it from being seen as bad by the community.
2. Non-high difficulty maps that are of average or lower quality get ranked easily and are never really noticed by the community.
3. If a map isn't high star but its difficulty comes from the gimmicks, community is completely fine with it. I cannot comprehend this one at all - I guess the vocal majority (we're not talking about the majority here, number is probably about 99%) is only good enough to judge spacing between objects and not the technical complexity of the map, HA. Which is why maps with underdone spacing but insanely hard gimmicks get ranked and nobody seems to care.
I won't list example maps here for obvious reasons. There would probably be a huge drama just from mentioning one name for the first point here.

Also, enough of begging pumpkinheaded, anime-avatared BNs to check my maps, 85% of you are actually too bad/inexperienced to even judge my maps and the rest of you are either too busy (understandable. no sarcasm) or too pussy to touch them (fuck off. It is kind of amusing to have such a reputation, though). I map these songs because I love the music and want to share it with the rest of the community, at least the part of it which isn't made of braindead animals who think poor taste references are funny. If you think my maps aren't worthy of being ranked, then fine, I won't kneel before you and beg you for your mods/icons, I'll simply let my maps rot in the graveyard. Keep having fun with your anime-infested game.

With that said, enjoy the game, my maps, the songs I map, do whatever the fuck you want to. Just remember that mapping isn't a competition and difficulty spikes aren't bad (if they truly are in the song)

Peace
Shiirn
getting ridiculously defensive

if you want a mod hit me up

you can rest assured it'll mention 3:26 tho, because while the song does have the highest intensity at that point, it's still done in an overblown manner that is basically impossible to read and is fairly unfair for the player. it can be made better. Other parts of the track have a similar intensity overflow and you didn't use cross-screens for those.

EDIT: i mean looking at the other styled jumps the only issue with 3:26 is that it is much, much, much larger by a factor of like double. The 1/4 sliders after said bit can also be shrunk without losing intensity while still being thematically appropriate.
Mazziv
hoyl
SeGin
I love it.
VINXIS
th mercles
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Mazzerin wrote:

Nyari wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about? First of all, there is no "title" of having the highest star ranked map in osu!, I couldn't care less what star rating says. Secondly, my maps are significantly underrated by star rating, so there's no reason to even doubt they are and will remain hard in comparison to other high star maps going for ranking this year. Thirdly, it was proven as 100% playable by Gayz last night, and I'm pretty sure the likes of Rafis/Vaxei/hvick/C could even fc the jumps. However, you imply it's "overdone" - you're wrong, it's all spaced accordingly to the guitar pitch/drum patterns.

03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - changes guitar pitch a bunch but isn't as intense as the other 3 sections of jumps, everything should be understandable here.
03:28:181 (1,2,1,2,1) - pitch goes up slightly more, so does spacing
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch goes up even more, + 1/4 drums, clearly the most powerful part by far, spacing goes up again, and in comparison to the last section it goes up only slightly
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - pitch goes down, spacing goes down again

not sure which part it doesn't make sense at, considering the lower pitched guitar jumps have even lower spacing for example here 03:39:142 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - which means it all increases gradually. The only problem you could bring up is that the spacing for low pitch jumps starts up too high, but this is a top difficulty after all, the rest of the map is balanced around the same idea.

I'm not sure why you all get so fucking salty whenever there's a huge difficulty spike if it's IN THE GOD DAMN SONG. I'm not going to ignore it just to make it "easy to play" or "consistent" with the rest of the map, if it's intense in the song, then it's intense in the map, simple as that. Can't understand why you'd ever think I map for star rating. There are a few mind-blowing (to me personally, anyways) things I noticed by the way:
1. Even if a high star map is complete dogshit, consistent difficulty saves it from being seen as bad by the community.
2. Non-high difficulty maps that are of average or lower quality get ranked easily and are never really noticed by the community.
3. If a map isn't high star but its difficulty comes from the gimmicks, community is completely fine with it. I cannot comprehend this one at all - I guess the vocal majority (we're not talking about the majority here, number is probably about 99%) is only good enough to judge spacing between objects and not the technical complexity of the map, HA. Which is why maps with underdone spacing but insanely hard gimmicks get ranked and nobody seems to care.
I won't list example maps here for obvious reasons. There would probably be a huge drama just from mentioning one name for the first point here.

Also, enough of begging pumpkinheaded, anime-avatared BNs to check my maps, 85% of you are actually too bad/inexperienced to even judge my maps and the rest of you are either too busy (understandable. no sarcasm) or too pussy to touch them (fuck off. It is kind of amusing to have such a reputation, though). I map these songs because I love the music and want to share it with the rest of the community, at least the part of it which isn't made of braindead animals who think poor taste references are funny. If you think my maps aren't worthy of being ranked, then fine, I won't kneel before you and beg you for your mods/icons, I'll simply let my maps rot in the graveyard. Keep having fun with your anime-infested game.

With that said, enjoy the game, my maps, the songs I map, do whatever the fuck you want to. Just remember that mapping isn't a competition and difficulty spikes aren't bad (if they truly are in the song)

Peace
sorry could you repeat that I didn't quite catch it
Dogirl
pls have mercy
Ryuukai
xd
J5 is Life
That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read here.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Cytyzent wrote:

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read here.
congratulations on your first forum post
stryver12

Mazzerin wrote:

I AM THE CHOSEN PROMETHEAN KING
Bow down to the king!
Akiyama Mizuki

stryver12 wrote:

Mazzerin wrote:

I AM THE CHOSEN PROMETHEAN KING
Bow down to the king!
Why not bow down tO THE THRASHERRRRR
Gabie
Concerning macro difficulty spread: sure there's a difficulty spike at 3:26 but the jumps in question are fine to read, pretty back and forth (so not really a pain to aim if you have the speed)... It may make the map's star rating go up like crazy but it's not really the mapper's fault, more so how star rating is calculated.

As far as actual mapping details and specific micro-recommendations go, I'm completely unable to say anything because i'm a scrub.

All in all, looks impressive af. gg ready 4 rank
Vagrant
mazzerin taking rsi to a new level
Mindwaves
Damn really good job on the histsound there, especially on the second kiai time(3:15 onward), sound godly!
Cryptic
No ones giving love for Inferi? I'll be the first.
I want to map The Ancients of Shattered Thrones so badly tbh

[Merciles]
  1. 00:09:855 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Maybe decrease the DS here since the guitar this time around isn't held?
  2. 00:14:012 (9,10,11,12,1) - Lower this section down a bit to make the curve look cleaner.
  3. 00:23:339 (10,11,12) - Are you spacing these as the chords in the background are increasing? If so, then I'd say this one should be closer to 00:23:001 (7,8,9) - as 7>8>9 to 10>11>12 has a decrease in tone rather than an increase.
  4. 00:26:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Same suggestion as earlier, lower DS to better emphasize lack of a held guitar note.
  5. 00:59:067 (10,11,12) - Same thing I mentioned earlier, I think that since the keys are decreasing in tone from the previous 00:58:730 (7,8,9) - the spacing should be smaller to reflect that. It seems weird that it just gets arbitrarily larger.
  6. 01:14:741 (2) - Aesthetic and playability suggestion, move 2 to x285 y54 or somewhere in that range. Doing so creates a tight looking curve, makes the 2 exactly opposite of 1's slider velocity, and overall makes the 2>3>1 transition a bit easier.
  7. 02:00:584 (2) - Same critique, move this a bit to the left, I have no specific placement in mind for this one.
  8. 02:14:236 (3,4,5) - The required aiming here is a bit harsh compared to the other versions of this pattern so I'd suggest moving the 4 to the left and downwards a bit to help even-it-out.
  9. 02:18:871 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Not very satisfied with this pattern. Theres a lot of stuff going on this section and I can't quite pick out which you're following. The guitar seems to have a larger emphasis starting at 02:19:291 - , which is also where the drums get mega heavy. I think having that important point on a slider end lends itself to some weird playability and lackluster intuition.
  10. 02:23:674 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Why squares? To me this sounds like it'd let itself to something more along the lines of this (just a quick suggestion):
  11. 02:27:045 (5) - Change the DS here since the guitar that you're following with these: 02:26:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - has a tonal progression thats being emphasized with the DS changes, but isn't emphasizing the 5 at the moment. (Obvoiusly 02:27:382 (1) - and onward will have to be slightly reworked but its not too big of deal since theres a few jumps soon after).
  12. 02:27:719 (1) - to 02:43:898 (1) - I'd recommend making the double sliders (eg 02:28:056 (4,5) - ) consistently visually spaced throughout this section. It seems weird that some (02:33:112 (4,5) - 02:30:078 (4,5) - ) are so much larger than others (02:36:146 (5,6) - )
  13. 03:13:561 (1) - Move to x53 y33 to keep the back and forth pattern a bit more consistent with the previous 03:12:718 (4,1) - spot. (I'd also recommend moving 2 to tx471 y246 to keep your flipped pattern consistent.)
  14. Just a general complaint, due to the way you've mapped it, 03:26:449 (1,2,1,2) - and 03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - really have no physical differences to set them apart, even though they're musically different. I'm not quite sure how you could fix it, or even if you want to, but I feel like its important enough to point out.
  15. 03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - Whyyyy? This hurts me man. This is clearly meant to be two separate patterns, 03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - and 03:29:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - . Maybe change it up a bit to reflect that?
  16. 03:43:065 (1,2) - Theres a note inbetween these that should be emphasized (assuming you're following the guitar). Same goes for 03:43:412 (2,1) - I believe. Its a bit slurred so its harder to tell there, though.
  17. 05:00:309 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - Based off your patterns and the music, shouldn't these be slightly decreasing in DS?
  18. 05:07:894 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - 05:15:984 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - Listening to these with respect to the previous jumps 05:06:883 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - the difference in intensity and emphasis is not nearly as great as you have it mapped. I suggest nerfing those jumps a bit to better reflect the tonal change.
  19. Can you explain to me the choice of the super obtuse jumps at the end? I'm not a big fan of them as I think they're ugly and play poorly so I'd like to know why you chose them before I comment on whether or not they should be changed.
Another stellar map, anxious to see this going forward - hopefully this helps!
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Cryptic wrote:

No ones giving love for Inferi? I'll be the first.
I want to map The Ancients of Shattered Thrones so badly tbh

[Merciles]
  1. 00:09:855 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Maybe decrease the DS here since the guitar this time around isn't held?
    nah it's based on the drums more than the guitar
  2. 00:14:012 (9,10,11,12,1) - Lower this section down a bit to make the curve look cleaner.
    fine
  3. 00:23:339 (10,11,12) - Are you spacing these as the chords in the background are increasing? If so, then I'd say this one should be closer to 00:23:001 (7,8,9) - as 7>8>9 to 10>11>12 has a decrease in tone rather than an increase.
    okay
  4. 00:26:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Same suggestion as earlier, lower DS to better emphasize lack of a held guitar note.
  5. 00:59:067 (10,11,12) - Same thing I mentioned earlier, I think that since the keys are decreasing in tone from the previous 00:58:730 (7,8,9) - the spacing should be smaller to reflect that. It seems weird that it just gets arbitrarily larger.
    yea
  6. 01:14:741 (2) - Aesthetic and playability suggestion, move 2 to x285 y54 or somewhere in that range. Doing so creates a tight looking curve, makes the 2 exactly opposite of 1's slider velocity, and overall makes the 2>3>1 transition a bit easier.
    true
  7. 02:00:584 (2) - Same critique, move this a bit to the left, I have no specific placement in mind for this one.
    this one would become fucked
  8. 02:14:236 (3,4,5) - The required aiming here is a bit harsh compared to the other versions of this pattern so I'd suggest moving the 4 to the left and downwards a bit to help even-it-out.
    seems fine to me, also would fuck visuals
  9. 02:18:871 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Not very satisfied with this pattern. Theres a lot of stuff going on this section and I can't quite pick out which you're following. The guitar seems to have a larger emphasis starting at 02:19:291 - , which is also where the drums get mega heavy. I think having that important point on a slider end lends itself to some weird playability and lackluster intuition.
    yea changed so the white tick is clickable
  10. 02:23:674 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Why squares? To me this sounds like it'd let itself to something more along the lines of this (just a quick suggestion):
    it's pretty intense, but you got a point on the groups of 2 part so changed
  11. 02:27:045 (5) - Change the DS here since the guitar that you're following with these: 02:26:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - has a tonal progression thats being emphasized with the DS changes, but isn't emphasizing the 5 at the moment. (Obvoiusly 02:27:382 (1) - and onward will have to be slightly reworked but its not too big of deal since theres a few jumps soon after).
    oh yeah true
  12. 02:27:719 (1) - to 02:43:898 (1) - I'd recommend making the double sliders (eg 02:28:056 (4,5) - ) consistently visually spaced throughout this section. It seems weird that some (02:33:112 (4,5) - 02:30:078 (4,5) - ) are so much larger than others (02:36:146 (5,6) - )
    ok I tried
  13. 03:13:561 (1) - Move to x53 y33 to keep the back and forth pattern a bit more consistent with the previous 03:12:718 (4,1) - spot. (I'd also recommend moving 2 to tx471 y246 to keep your flipped pattern consistent.)
    flipping/rotating it wasn't really the plan, it looks better this way and seems fine as it ends in the center of the whole pattern
  14. Just a general complaint, due to the way you've mapped it, 03:26:449 (1,2,1,2) - and 03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - really have no physical differences to set them apart, even though they're musically different. I'm not quite sure how you could fix it, or even if you want to, but I feel like its important enough to point out.
    hmm I know the spacing is similar, but they have a different pattern, think that's enough because it's hard to think of something else without also ruining the playability
  15. 03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - Whyyyy? This hurts me man. This is clearly meant to be two separate patterns, 03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - and 03:29:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - . Maybe change it up a bit to reflect that?
    oh yea changed
  16. 03:43:065 (1,2) - Theres a note inbetween these that should be emphasized (assuming you're following the guitar). Same goes for 03:43:412 (2,1) - I believe. Its a bit slurred so its harder to tell there, though.
    yea
  17. 05:00:309 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - Based off your patterns and the music, shouldn't these be slightly decreasing in DS?
    hmm I'm not sure how to pull that off here really but I was focusing on the more melodic guitar here anyways
  18. 05:07:894 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - 05:15:984 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - Listening to these with respect to the previous jumps 05:06:883 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - the difference in intensity and emphasis is not nearly as great as you have it mapped. I suggest nerfing those jumps a bit to better reflect the tonal change.
    hmm I think it builds up nicely towards the almost full horizontal screen jump? and 05:07:557 (1,2) - already has a pretty high pitch, very similar to 05:08:568 (1,2) - which are about the same in spacing
  19. Can you explain to me the choice of the super obtuse jumps at the end? I'm not a big fan of them as I think they're ugly and play poorly so I'd like to know why you chose them before I comment on whether or not they should be changed.
    I know they play poorly, it's because they're very linear, but that's what I was aiming for, to me personally that part deserves a lot of justice in terms of intensity, mainly because of those sick melodic riffs
Another stellar map, anxious to see this going forward - hopefully this helps!
Cryptic

Mazzerin wrote:

Cryptic wrote:

Can you explain to me the choice of the super obtuse jumps at the end? I'm not a big fan of them as I think they're ugly and play poorly so I'd like to know why you chose them before I comment on whether or not they should be changed.
I know they play poorly, it's because they're very linear, but that's what I was aiming for, to me personally that part deserves a lot of justice in terms of intensity, mainly because of those sick melodic riffs
I agree with them deserving justice, I'm just wondering if theres a better way. I'll mull this over for a few days but I feel like a better pattern can be found for this section.
Makeli
hei!!!!!

the idk what stuff
  1. 03:22:757 (1) - what is thiiiiiiis
  2. pls two similar combo colors after each other
  3. http://puu.sh/qO8SF/b78343cbf7.png
  4. thank you navosu
the homeless guy
  1. 00:39:630 (6) - it's really obvious here that the raid/whatever cymbal hitsound just ends to a wall. Idk wanna do something about it?
  2. 01:12:213 (1) - why these sharp movement here when you didn't do that at 01:06:820 (1) - . Everything seems pretty much the same only that 01:12:213 (1) - has the raid hits
  3. 01:17:607 (1) - if you decide to keep the one above this at least is inconsistent lol
  4. 01:40:528 (3) - the drums change but your mapping doesn't ok
  5. 02:19:291 (1,2,3,4) - just a straight line doesn't really represent the guitar well imo. Doing something retarded would
  6. 03:14:912 (1) - i'm fine with this 260bpm part being as hard as it is but the kicksliders seem kinda sudden to me. Idk prolly cause I suck at this game
  7. 03:15:835 (1,1) - can you like not (green lines by me!)
  8. 03:24:142 (1) - this is very unsharp movement compared to the others
  9. 04:11:602 (1,2,1,2) - i'm not sure what is up with the hitsounds here but it sounds weird
  10. 04:30:647 (2,3,4) - this is why i don't like blanketing triples or anything really lol tho this probably doesn't even show ingame
  11. 05:23:062 (1) - lmao flow/10
  12. ok
bn level mod right here
2kds ebin
ok cryptic #2
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Maakkeli wrote:

hei!!!!!

the idk what stuff
  1. 03:22:757 (1) - what is thiiiiiiis
    green line +1 ms offsnap slider god knows why = this
  2. pls two similar combo colors after each other
    unsimilared
  3. http://puu.sh/qO8SF/b78343cbf7.png
  4. thank you navosu
the homeless guy
  1. 00:39:630 (6) - it's really obvious here that the raid/whatever cymbal hitsound just ends to a wall. Idk wanna do something about it?
    ok makkeli meant that he wants a fade out hitsound here, wish granted, nvm I have no idea how to do that
  2. 01:12:213 (1) - why these sharp movement here when you didn't do that at 01:06:820 (1) - . Everything seems pretty much the same only that 01:12:213 (1) - has the raid hits
    it's shorter cause I use a reverse slider and then focus on drums so it has sharp angles every 4 notes here like on the next one, so I tried making it around the same difficulty cause of that
  3. 01:17:607 (1) - if you decide to keep the one above this at least is inconsistent lol
  4. 01:40:528 (3) - the drums change but your mapping doesn't ok
    I focus on guitar in this section
  5. 02:19:291 (1,2,3,4) - just a straight line doesn't really represent the guitar well imo. Doing something retarded would
    ok zigzag time
  6. 03:14:912 (1) - i'm fine with this 260bpm part being as hard as it is but the kicksliders seem kinda sudden to me. Idk prolly cause I suck at this game
    yeah it actually is bad for playing, but the song is just as sudden as the map here, the bpm switch literally comes out of nowhere with a fucking 1/4 drum blast full speed ahead right off the bad, that's the beauty of it. well to be honest it actually is sightreadable if you're g00d
  7. 03:15:835 (1,1) - can you like not (green lines by me!)
    the point is that the head is blanketed by the last slider, I know, I don't like it THAT much either but I think it's fine, would take so long to make it look barely better
  8. 03:24:142 (1) - this is very unsharp movement compared to the others
    yea change
  9. 04:11:602 (1,2,1,2) - i'm not sure what is up with the hitsounds here but it sounds weird
    ok one whistle was misplaced instead of a clap, but the rest is fine
  10. 04:30:647 (2,3,4) - this is why i don't like blanketing triples or anything really lol tho this probably doesn't even show ingame
    oh yea I fixed it a bit
  11. 05:23:062 (1) - lmao flow/10
    it's on purpose
  12. ok
bn level mod right here
2kds ebin
ok cryptic #2
Cryptic

Maakkeli wrote:

ok cryptic #2
ok maakkeli #2
mithew
discord chat on jumps
asdasd
6:39 PM final bullet: hi
6:40 PM obb: hello
6:40 PM final bullet: do you think jumps in promethean kings are cool
6:40 PM obb: the ones in it currently?
6:40 PM obb: idk i can't play them
6:41 PM final bullet: do you think they fit then
6:41 PM obb: they seem a bit over done to me but idk if thats only because i can't play them
6:41 PM final bullet: why
6:41 PM obb: they fit but they're too strong from what i interpret that section as
6:41 PM final bullet: but they're spaced accordingly to last jumps and the rest
6:44 PM obb: actually i haven't even played tihs map to that part
6:44 PM obb: im just looking at editor
6:44 PM obb: maybe i should attempt
6:45 PM final bullet: what do you suggest then
6:45 PM obb: i think the pattern fits the spacing is just too high
6:45 PM obb: since the guitar is kinda back and forth
6:45 PM obb: it fits
6:46 PM final bullet: but the one before is less spaced
6:46 PM final bullet: and this one is cooler + 1/4 drums
6:46 PM obb: i mean i guess using that
6:47 PM obb: the huge kicks are fine
6:47 PM obb: but to me i think those jumps are over done 2
6:47 PM obb: yea they're perfectly fine using the previous jumps
6:47 PM final bullet: but then the rest of the stuff in that section is even lower
6:47 PM obb: 03:22:296 (1,2,1,2) - idk this compared to 03:26:449 (1,2,1,2) -
6:48 PM obb: is pretttty huge
6:48 PM obb: is it really that much stronger in the song
6:48 PM final bullet: i meant similar intensity and yes
6:48 PM final bullet: 03:33:372 (1) -
6:48 PM final bullet: 03:39:142 (1) -
6:48 PM final bullet: all of these that come after
6:48 PM final bullet: 03:40:758 (1) -
6:50 PM obb: actually i think u should just make the earlier kicks i linked stronger
6:50 PM obb: they seem to weak
6:50 PM obb: compared to what comes after
6:50 PM obb: then at least it'll be easier to expect
6:50 PM obb: something so big
6:51 PM final bullet: hmm yeah i kinda increased it based on only guitar there
6:51 PM final bullet: didn't even think of drums there that much
6:51 PM obb: i think the kicks
6:51 PM obb: the huge ones
6:51 PM obb: ok now they seem ok
6:52 PM obb: they just seem awkward to play but im not able to say y
6:52 PM final bullet: hmm they're just back and forths
6:52 PM obb: can't pin point it
6:52 PM final bullet: should be the easiest pattern ever
6:52 PM final bullet: i mean you said the pattern fits as well
6:52 PM final bullet: or can it be changed or something
6:52 PM obb: its like
6:52 PM obb: the angle of it
6:52 PM obb: damn the rhythm guitar sounds cool at that part
6:53 PM final bullet: YEA
6:53 PM final bullet: damn you understand
6:53 PM obb: its so good i didnt even notice it
6:53 PM obb: makes that section sound way more epic
6:54 PM final bullet: what the hell did you just smoke
6:54 PM obb: i haven't slept in 24 hours
6:54 PM obb: oh yea i didnt tell u
6:54 PM obb: wait did i already
6:54 PM obb: i think i did nvm
6:54 PM obb: but im going to college on monday
6:54 PM obb: so im trying to fix sleep
6:55 PM final bullet: hmm you mentioned that
6:55 PM final bullet: or something like that
6:55 PM obb: yea i forgot for a second
6:55 PM final bullet: how do we make this a forum post now
6:56 PM obb: we recreate the conversation in osu
6:56 PM final bullet: i need you on the forum so people see mithew and say wow it's the stream guy he must know what's up here
6:56 PM obb: jk i dont know
6:56 PM final bullet: well this is copy pastable as well as a log
6:56 PM final bullet: np
6:56 PM final bullet: you're the one who's supposed to post it
6:56 PM final bullet: so i can give you that yummy kudos
6:56 PM final bullet: right on your face
6:56 PM obb: oh right
6:56 PM obb: ok
ukod
01:09:179 (1,2,3,4,1) - idk looks kinda odd that the part goes up in spacing as the guitar goes down in pitch, I'd just scale up the part starting at 01:07:831 (1) - to compensate for decreasing those 5 and to make them more spaced than 01:09:517 (1) - ,which is quite unintense

01:24:685 (1,2,3,1) - Adjust this part in a way that all object have absolute spacing similar to 01:24:011 (2,3) - . I also ctrl+g'd 01:25:022 (2,1) - in that sequence for flow purposes

01:33:786 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - This stream looks way too linear starting from (9), but I cant see a way to fix this other than to remake the whole stream. The guitar supports turns on 1/1 and I think the vocals even support a 1/4 jump from (10) to (11), by reducing the spacing from (10) relating to (9)

01:35:472 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Maybe start that sequence 2 1/4 notes earlier? I think that supports the drum on 01:35:387 a lot better than having it be a sliderend, as it acts a lot like a strong note here

01:48:618 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - If it isn't too technical, I'd incorporate the 2 snares at the start and the bass drum in the middle into the spacing

02:45:584 (6) - Make this blanket the triple as the triple is curved ultra slightly

02:51:989 (1) - I dont get what changes in the music that this stream ends up being very spaced while 02:56:033 (1) - is almost stacked except for the snares

03:08:168 (1) - Starting here the song feels a bit more intense to me so I'd increase the spacing of the streams relative to the streams before (the 7 note curved ones)

03:09:347 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - The curvature on 5,6,7 is A LOT bigger than in every similar stream that happened before, with nothing changing in the music to warrant this

03:23:219 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - The stream overall increasing its spacing is right, but currently leads to odd situations where 03:24:834 (1,2,3) - has quite the low pitch but is spaced more than anything before that. So if possible, decrease the spacing of those 03:23:912 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - (everything in that stream is unsnapped by like 1 or 2ms for me but I don't know what that means xd)

03:25:758 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - This stream goes from a very high pitch on the lead guitar to a lower one and should thus have decreasing spacing, it's also completely pussy compared to what the last stream ended on (compare the pitch and spacing on both streams)

03:26:449 (1,2,1,2) - I understand everything in that part except for why those are more spaced than those with high pitch lead guitar 1/2s

03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - Idk maybe increase spacing on those, the snares just ask for it and the pitch of the lead guitar doesn't decrease that much

03:31:758 (1,2,3,1) - Needs more spacing as warranted by the pitch

03:33:835 (1,2,1,2) - I'd love to see another pattern since the pitch of the guitar increases gradually on every 1/2 rather than going up and down on a 1/2 base like almost every 1/2 jump section in this map

03:40:873 (2,2,2,2) - Shouldn't these be on a straight line

03:52:526 (1) - Map this as a 1/4 slider? I'm sure i hear a guitar note on the blue tick after it

04:02:670 (2,3) - 1/6 double

04:12:950 (5,6,7) - Curvature looks sharper than the circle it goes into

04:21:546 (15,16,17,18) - Too straight, move (17) down a bit and (18) down a lot, adjust stream afterwards so it still fits in the editor

04:29:298 (11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - Not as bad as above but I feel that part needs to be remapped with slider to stream somehow. The problem points here are (13) and (17). In theory you could move (13) and (17) and, respectively, the rest of the stream, up a bit and rotate the segment of the stream you moved to cancel out the curvature afterwards. gl doing that in practise tho

this took me an hour xd
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

ukod wrote:

01:09:179 (1,2,3,4,1) - idk looks kinda odd that the part goes up in spacing as the guitar goes down in pitch, I'd just scale up the part starting at 01:07:831 (1) - to compensate for decreasing those 5 and to make them more spaced than 01:09:517 (1) - ,which is quite unintense
oh yea I just changed last 5 though
01:24:685 (1,2,3,1) - Adjust this part in a way that all object have absolute spacing similar to 01:24:011 (2,3) - . I also ctrl+g'd 01:25:022 (2,1) - in that sequence for flow purposes
I kept the little gap in the middle of 01:24:685 (1,3) - as a substitute for an object, cause the jump from 01:25:191 (3) - would be too little if it was in that gap (01:24:011 (2) - kinda covers that gap)

01:33:786 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - This stream looks way too linear starting from (9), but I cant see a way to fix this other than to remake the whole stream. The guitar supports turns on 1/1 and I think the vocals even support a 1/4 jump from (10) to (11), by reducing the spacing from (10) relating to (9)
fixed
01:35:472 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Maybe start that sequence 2 1/4 notes earlier? I think that supports the drum on 01:35:387 a lot better than having it be a sliderend, as it acts a lot like a strong note here
the tom drum is actually only one note earlier, but did that

01:48:618 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - If it isn't too technical, I'd incorporate the 2 snares at the start and the bass drum in the middle into the spacing
yea

02:45:584 (6) - Make this blanket the triple as the triple is curved ultra slightly
just made it straight
02:51:989 (1) - I dont get what changes in the music that this stream ends up being very spaced while 02:56:033 (1) - is almost stacked except for the snares
the guitar!!!
03:08:168 (1) - Starting here the song feels a bit more intense to me so I'd increase the spacing of the streams relative to the streams before (the 7 note curved ones)
oh yea all changed
03:09:347 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - The curvature on 5,6,7 is A LOT bigger than in every similar stream that happened before, with nothing changing in the music to warrant this
it got changed
03:23:219 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - The stream overall increasing its spacing is right, but currently leads to odd situations where 03:24:834 (1,2,3) - has quite the low pitch but is spaced more than anything before that. So if possible, decrease the spacing of those
03:23:912 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - (everything in that stream is unsnapped by like 1 or 2ms for me but I don't know what that means xd)
yeah all changed
03:25:758 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - This stream goes from a very high pitch on the lead guitar to a lower one and should thus have decreasing spacing, it's also completely pussy compared to what the last stream ended on (compare the pitch and spacing on both streams)
yeah changed
03:26:449 (1,2,1,2) - I understand everything in that part except for why those are more spaced than those with high pitch lead guitar 1/2s
strong drum 1/2s + the other guitar making those sick 1/2s like here 03:22:296 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - lead guitar catches up eventually anyways when it gets higher pitched
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - Idk maybe increase spacing on those, the snares just ask for it and the pitch of the lead guitar doesn't decrease that much
moved it to the left for flow and slightly increased spacing
03:31:758 (1,2,3,1) - Needs more spacing as warranted by the pitch
hmm I actually think it starts off at low pitch there again and builds up like the spacing does
03:33:835 (1,2,1,2) - I'd love to see another pattern since the pitch of the guitar increases gradually on every 1/2 rather than going up and down on a 1/2 base like almost every 1/2 jump section in this map
gotta think of another pattern hmm
03:40:873 (2,2,2,2) - Shouldn't these be on a straight line
yea fixed
03:52:526 (1) - Map this as a 1/4 slider? I'm sure i hear a guitar note on the blue tick after it
ok
04:02:670 (2,3) - 1/6 double
shit
04:12:950 (5,6,7) - Curvature looks sharper than the circle it goes into
fixed
04:21:546 (15,16,17,18) - Too straight, move (17) down a bit and (18) down a lot, adjust stream afterwards so it still fits in the editor
fixed
04:29:298 (11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - Not as bad as above but I feel that part needs to be remapped with slider to stream somehow. The problem points here are (13) and (17). In theory you could move (13) and (17) and, respectively, the rest of the stream, up a bit and rotate the segment of the stream you moved to cancel out the curvature afterwards. gl doing that in practise tho
fixed
this took me an hour xd
took me like 1 to apply as well
Akali
m4m4

Important stuff:

04:24:748 (1) - move to 0:384

04:24:833 (2) - move to 404:340

bam 9 stars

Opinions you will deny :(

03:14:909 (1) - not snapped

00:19:630 (1) - make it shorter and silence slider end, make a triple. Are we going full tapfest on this or not. Who cares it's slightly more awkward

01:35:387 (1,1,2,1) - I think drums have accents on these rather than being paired?

03:14:909 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I hate this transition, bpm change is drastic and we were hitting 178 1/4 sliders like that for 3 minutes now + movement is a bit awkward here (fullscreen jumps into sudden little snaps in the bottom of the screen with change of tempo) + 03:15:835 (1) - with sudden high sv.
You could easily change 03:14:909 (1,2,1,2) - into 2x return slider without losing much impact from the music (guitar starts really low) and remake 03:15:373 (1,2,1,2) - into something that attacks 03:15:835 (1) - with more natural angle.

03:15:835 (1,1) - you could make them 1/4 shorter and actually space them out more for pressure rather than have 1/4 snap, there are sounds for that on 03:16:065 - and 03:16:412 - then you could make 03:16:527 (1) - a metal triple not EDM slider. Same with the rest of those in this section.

03:22:296 (1,2) - change the orders in these pairs? I think it would be more natural and spacing/aim difficulty is the same.

03:22:296 (1,2,1,2,1,2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5974172 jumps in this section are super imbalanced all vertical ones happen on the right screen of the playfield, the more diagonal ones go around the left part but still have a concentration point in bottom right. Not saying to rearrange this whole section but rearrange the whole section. This especially 03:26:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - being on the right and vertical based right after previous slider jump pattern being in the same place. Obviously this whole thing isn't technically necessary to change but I usually think about this and it helps with the map reception imo.

03:33:373 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - 03:40:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - 03:44:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - again, same movements in same part of the screen don't see stuff like that happening on the other side of the playfield or in the centre for some time

04:48:680 (1) - don't really like hanzerdoubles in this whole deathstream, lead guitar usually plays licks that go up or down on the scale, not paired sounds. It kinda fits pressure wise, but I think standard spaced notes representation fits better musically

05:07:725 (2,1,2) - second drum hit comes after the white tick, or white tick is inbetween them. for me this doesn't sound intentional or it's just one snare hit with a ghost note following, would not map that, certainly not as huge jump with short time snap

05:15:815 (2,1,2) - ye so it's that drum technique where you hit the drum and let the stick bounce to it I think, that creates this double note, I still don't think it's worth mapping as a double after 1/8 jump, + doesn't seem timed this way anyway

05:53:484 (1) - holy shit Inferi learn how to end songs properly
Xilver15
sorry for a bit late mod but yeeee

general:

04:00:142 - stacked timing points with different volume
03:14:909 (1) - unsnapped

[The merciless]

00:08:844 (4) - could make this the same shapes as the parts before if you wanted to
00:40:866 (1,2,3) - these kinda change in pitch compared to the previous one so if you want you could probably change the spacing a bit
00:42:888 (1,2,3) - ^
00:43:899 (1) - there's kind of a sharp thing going on here idk if intentional or not http://puu.sh/qVvCx/5a108528cb.jpg
00:48:956 (1,2,3) - same for before
00:50:978 (1,2,3) - same
02:30:752 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch going down here so maybe gradually decrease spacing?
02:38:842 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - same here
02:46:932 (1,2,1,2) - and here
02:48:449 (6,7) - suggest rotating these by like 30 cuz diagonals that aren't part of a pattern look kinda meh
02:51:314 (5) - nc?
02:55:022 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - same as before with gradual decreasing, especially since you mapped the stream before it to the pitch
03:11:538 (1,2,1,2) - again kinda meh when it looks diagonal like that
03:14:909 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ok so this transition between bpm is actually really awkward and confusing because no one would expect such a high change with the pattern you have here, i suggest removing 03:14:909 (1,2,1,2) - and replacing them with a repeat slider so players will have time to know a bpm change is happening
03:28:065 (1,1) - this flow is really awkward to play tbh, i know the music changes and all but sacrificing playablity for asthetics is kind of iffy especially for such a hard pattern in which you'd expect it to be as playable as possible
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - k so i know you wrote a whole paragraph explaining this pattern (which i agree on, by the way), but in terms of relative spacing this is ridiculously overdone, the song doesn't get THAT intense to justify such a high spacing increase from the part before. just my two cents on it
03:29:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - also meh diagonals imo
03:40:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - i think you should decrease spacing gradually since pitch and whatnot
04:23:063 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - spacing usage is kinda wrong here in terms of pitch, i think you need to decrase the spacing on 04:23:400 (1,2,3,4) - 04:24:074 (1,2,3,4) - instead of making it gradually increase because that's not what the pitch says in the music (to me )
04:51:377 (1,2,3,4) - could probably decrease this more for more emphasis
05:08:905 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i think these need a small decrease in spacing to make it easier to see they're 1/6
05:15:815 (2,1,2) - ok please just no
05:16:995 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - same as previous 1/6th

also im rly bad at checking hitsounding but i really like how you structured them so no complaints here

sick map
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Akali wrote:

m4m4

Important stuff:

04:24:748 (1) - move to 0:384

04:24:833 (2) - move to 404:340

bam 9 stars

Opinions you will deny :(

03:14:909 (1) - not snapped
wp editor
00:19:630 (1) - make it shorter and silence slider end, make a triple. Are we going full tapfest on this or not. Who cares it's slightly more awkward
ok
01:35:387 (1,1,2,1) - I think drums have accents on these rather than being paired?
what do
03:14:909 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I hate this transition, bpm change is drastic and we were hitting 178 1/4 sliders like that for 3 minutes now + movement is a bit awkward here (fullscreen jumps into sudden little snaps in the bottom of the screen with change of tempo) + 03:15:835 (1) - with sudden high sv.
You could easily change 03:14:909 (1,2,1,2) - into 2x return slider without losing much impact from the music (guitar starts really low) and remake 03:15:373 (1,2,1,2) - into something that attacks 03:15:835 (1) - with more natural angle.
I'll see about this, I wanna keep all the clicks but might change the shapes so it has better flow later
03:15:835 (1,1) - you could make them 1/4 shorter and actually space them out more for pressure rather than have 1/4 snap, there are sounds for that on 03:16:065 - and 03:16:412 - then you could make 03:16:527 (1) - a metal triple not EDM slider. Same with the rest of those in this section.
I always wanted to map cool sliders and shit but metal won't allow lots of those, don't kill my spirit :(
03:22:296 (1,2) - change the orders in these pairs? I think it would be more natural and spacing/aim difficulty is the same.
it's a triangle now with 03:22:181 (2) - , would be fine if I swapped when having that note in mind still, but not with the next group, it would become a rectangle there unless I swapped all of them but then flow into 03:23:219 (1) - would be weird
03:22:296 (1,2,1,2,1,2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5974172 jumps in this section are super imbalanced all vertical ones happen on the right screen of the playfield, the more diagonal ones go around the left part but still have a concentration point in bottom right. Not saying to rearrange this whole section but rearrange the whole section. This especially 03:26:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - being on the right and vertical based right after previous slider jump pattern being in the same place. Obviously this whole thing isn't technically necessary to change but I usually think about this and it helps with the map reception imo.

03:33:373 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - 03:40:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - 03:44:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - again, same movements in same part of the screen don't see stuff like that happening on the other side of the playfield or in the centre for some time
is playfield stuff even a problem, I don't even think about it, I just map, never seen anyone mention that
04:48:680 (1) - don't really like hanzerdoubles in this whole deathstream, lead guitar usually plays licks that go up or down on the scale, not paired sounds. It kinda fits pressure wise, but I think standard spaced notes representation fits better musically
I can hear them grouped by 2 (it's debatable), but even if I were to make a continuous burst which spaces out it would look like shit out of 6 notes
05:07:725 (2,1,2) - second drum hit comes after the white tick, or white tick is inbetween them. for me this doesn't sound intentional or it's just one snare hit with a ghost note following, would not map that, certainly not as huge jump with short time snap
yea delete that shit
05:15:815 (2,1,2) - ye so it's that drum technique where you hit the drum and let the stick bounce to it I think, that creates this double note, I still don't think it's worth mapping as a double after 1/8 jump, + doesn't seem timed this way anyway
ok
05:53:484 (1) - holy shit Inferi learn how to end songs properly
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Xilver wrote:

sorry for a bit late mod but yeeee

general:

04:00:142 - stacked timing points with different volume
03:14:909 (1) - unsnapped
fixed

[The merciless]

00:08:844 (4) - could make this the same shapes as the parts before if you wanted to
ok
00:40:866 (1,2,3) - these kinda change in pitch compared to the previous one so if you want you could probably change the spacing a bit
00:42:888 (1,2,3) - ^
ok
00:43:899 (1) - there's kind of a sharp thing going on here idk if intentional or not http://puu.sh/qVvCx/5a108528cb.jpg
intentional, try removing it and see what happens
00:48:956 (1,2,3) - same for before
00:50:978 (1,2,3) - same
ok
02:30:752 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - pitch going down here so maybe gradually decrease spacing?
02:38:842 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - same here
02:46:932 (1,2,1,2) - and here
about these, one guitar goes up in pitch the other goes down.. not sure what to do, so I just like to think they cancel each other out and stay spaced the same if that makes sense lol
02:48:449 (6,7) - suggest rotating these by like 30 cuz diagonals that aren't part of a pattern look kinda meh
hmm that's very subjective I guess, looks good to me
02:51:314 (5) - nc?
02:55:022 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - same as before with gradual decreasing, especially since you mapped the stream before it to the pitch
this miiiiiight make more sense to follow only that guitar on? ugh I can't decide
03:11:538 (1,2,1,2) - again kinda meh when it looks diagonal like that
03:14:909 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ok so this transition between bpm is actually really awkward and confusing because no one would expect such a high change with the pattern you have here, i suggest removing 03:14:909 (1,2,1,2) - and replacing them with a repeat slider so players will have time to know a bpm change is happening
I'll see about it, I wanna keep the clicks but might make it easier somehow
03:28:065 (1,1) - this flow is really awkward to play tbh, i know the music changes and all but sacrificing playablity for asthetics is kind of iffy especially for such a hard pattern in which you'd expect it to be as playable as possible
03:27:950 (2,1,1) - is a triangle, I kinda mapped this in the way to be easy just spaced? can't see what's bad here
03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - k so i know you wrote a whole paragraph explaining this pattern (which i agree on, by the way), but in terms of relative spacing this is ridiculously overdone, the song doesn't get THAT intense to justify such a high spacing increase from the part before. just my two cents on it
so do you agree or disagree, compare 1/2 drums and lower guitar pitch in 03:26:912 (1) - vs 03:28:758 (1) - which is just nuts, the guitar pitch basically goes up to 99999 until 03:30:142 (1) - and the drums are just crushing skulls there
03:29:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - also meh diagonals imo
I guess this is about visuals like before, so it's ok to me
03:40:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - i think you should decrease spacing gradually since pitch and whatnot
I'm focusing on the guitar that's more audible here which goes up in pitch (why are you doing this Inferi)
04:23:063 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - spacing usage is kinda wrong here in terms of pitch, i think you need to decrase the spacing on 04:23:400 (1,2,3,4) - 04:24:074 (1,2,3,4) - instead of making it gradually increase because that's not what the pitch says in the music (to me )
04:23:737 (1) - pretty sure this increases, but 04:24:074 (1) - does decrease again, so I'll change that one
04:51:377 (1,2,3,4) - could probably decrease this more for more emphasis
it already decreases, I guess it could be more but I don't want to fix all the visuals because of that small change
05:08:905 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i think these need a small decrease in spacing to make it easier to see they're 1/6
maybe I'm biased about these cause I know the song, but they seem fine to me? not hard to fix so if someone else complains a lot I'll fix
05:15:815 (2,1,2) - ok please just no
yeah I removed that
05:16:995 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - same as previous 1/6th

also im rly bad at checking hitsounding but i really like how you structured them so no complaints here

sick map
Foxy Grandpa
Hiyo, kinda wanted to chip in my 2 cents here.

This is my favorite inferi song so i might as well give it a go

• [Merciless]
  1. 01:28:056 (1,2,1,2) - Having 01:28:225 (1,2) - stacked imo just sorta stops the momentum. Moving 01:28:309 (2) - to x:468 y:64 could work well.
  2. 01:33:449 (1,2,1,2) - Same thing as above but maybe try something like this?
  3. 03:23:219 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Rip drum hitsounds for this entire part? Idk if this was intentional...
  4. 03:46:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I for sure feel like you can express this a lot better with circles. Ik ik, the stream part is right after but its such a big drum solo that kicksliders kinda kills whatever emphasis it could have on that drum part. I made sort of a SUPER amateur mock up of what I think would work better (im kinda ass at mapping streams lol) 1 2
  5. 04:07:557 (1,2,1,2) - I don't see the need to NC on the second 1, if its for HP tho ignore this xp
This map looks so kickass, and this song turned me on to inferi also haha, good luck and i really hope this gets ranked!
cedar
Hope this mod helps, maybe not though :/

The Merciless

SPOILER
00:11:877 (1,2) - Maybe it would be better to make the 1 a continuation of the previous combo and the 2 a new combo, so the combos match the time-spacing (same suggestion for the times it's repeated)
00:14:153 (11) - lel
00:19:630 (1,2,3) - This sudden change to 4/4 seems like it would play awkwardly, maybe replacing 00:20:052 (2,3) with a slider would make the transition play smoother
00:45:248 (1) - Since the rhythm in this section is pretty weak, being only light guitar, maybe it would be better to replace this cirlce's rhythmic part with the sliderend before it
01:01:764 (1) - Again, there's the transition from 1/4 streams to 1/6 streams with only the spacing to indicate it (and the spacing of all streams changes quite a bit throughout the entire map)
01:14:741 (2,3,1,2) - This seems like the spacing is a bit extreme, maybe I'm just not hearing something
02:19:123 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Oof. I like this
03:28:758 (1,2) - Are these kicksliders what people are complaining about with the difficulty spike? They fit the music, and it's not like it's made to be an easy map. But I mean who cares about actual difficulty anyway, it's all about PP now
05:00:309 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - Should these not be kicksliders as well?
05:07:725 (2,1,2) - wat
05:23:062 (1,2,3) - inb4 every 3.3k combo choke (I like it though, reminds me of kanshou no matenrou)

Best of luck getting this ranked, it's always a pleasant surprise to see another of your maps ranked :)
Monstrata
Just randomly giving this a check.

The 260 bpm cross-screen jumps felt a bit overdone for me. The kickslider jumps on 03:28:758 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - are actually pretty cool. But the jumps from 03:26:450 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - cause the spacing to increase too greatly too early, so the kicksliders don't feel as impactful imo. I think if you toned down the jumps a bit, and had the spacing begin smaller and increase at a greater rate/interval, then I think the sequence would be more acceptable. There's a nice pitch increase here to qualify the jumps too. Basically, not telling you to nerf the jump entirely, but rather, set it up so that a crescendo effect is more obvious.

I'm busy this week, but maybe I can help with this in a week or so. If this is going for ranked, definitely see if you can get more pro-player testplays/feedback/mods. Okay good luck!
azr8
quick opinion

03:23:912 (1,2,3,1) - the spacing on this curve feels slightly overdone
03:26:450 (1,2,1,2) - these are too spaced compared to the other jumps
03:14:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - slightly hard to sightread but pretty easy if you know they're there

the rest of the jumps play ok
the spaced 1/3 stream i mentioned is harder than the jumps imo, kinda awkward curves that feel like you're playing the lottery rather than a map

rest of the map is fine
DeletedUser_4758982
Firstly I'm not a mapper, just a simple player :D so my views are pretty much from a player and just my opinion of it xD

The whole map itself isn't too hard until around 3:20. I cropped out the part, the entire yellow thingy (called Kiai? ;w;) and its 8.96*. So yeah that part is pretty intense. I played that part and that part alone for an hour spamming it, and I only got close to a pass once. Hitting those jump sliders only once. I think when watching it at the editor its pretty nice and epic and fitting. But when I tried and play it, it was really too OP. I personally think that just that section should be nerfed a bit. Maybe placing the jumps in a more clean matter, cuz now its from top left to bottom center. I think the jumps before that are really hard and the it builds up to the kickslider jumps, maybe tone down the jumps before the sliders to be a bit more manageable then having a rush (while still manageable) with the kicksliders. That sounds exciting

I'm not an experienced mapper. These are just my thoughts as a player.
Bubbleman
Was asked to take a look at this map's jump section, which I have taken to be the 260bpm section from 03:12:213 (1) to 04:00:142 (1).

On my first play of the map with relax mod (I can't stream 260) I got a 2x miss, and thinking it was FCable I retried and didn't save the screenshot so you'll have to take my word for it. The two sections I missed on and my thoughts on them are below:

03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - Yes, this fits the music but it is reallly horrible to play through on sightread, I could hit it alright afterwards when I'd learned the pattern though.

03:59:912 (1,2,1) - Oh god, this change of direction is unreadable, unintuitive and unhittable. I didn't hit it once duing my 10+ runs after the first, and when I misread I always snapped to the long slow repeat slider and then went to the 2. Strongly suggest changing this.

Overall though a nice section, hittable on relax and very difficult and awkward in normal play which I think was the intent. I can't pass it, but that doesn't detract from how well it's mapped and how well it all fits.

Thanks for the shout Mazzerin \o
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
02:47:606 (1) - no double
03:14:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - no change, I feel like it's pretty necessary to have such transition and it isn't even hard AFTER you know it's there anyways
SOLO1/4
final bullet - Today at 3:42 PM
it's about the solo in promethean kings
it's not actually 1/3 i think
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:07 PM
is it
final bullet - Today at 5:07 PM
it's like full 1/4 with some 1/6 doubles
the 03:23 one(edited)
https://misery.s-ul.eu/NOiMqbLa
there
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:10 PM
by the way I don't know if the mp3 changed since a while but on my end everything is too late
you should try -5ms
final bullet - Today at 5:11 PM
yea that's true
i don't fiddle around with it too much
sometimes the little squeaks that offset can be set to make me feel like the whole map becomes early later on but i'll change it 5ms isn't that big of a deal
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:13 PM
idk about those doubles in the solo
sure it's how they sound like
but
final bullet - Today at 5:13 PM
welp i would map them in 1/6
i mean
1/4
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:13 PM
I don't think he did it on purpose
final bullet - Today at 5:14 PM
but overall it's more on the 1/4 side
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:14 PM
yeah
final bullet - Today at 5:14 PM
just that one 1/3 part (?)
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:14 PM
even the 1/4 are off
the 1/3 sounds legit
03:25:700 (4) - also this one is very late
actually
it doesn't exist
you can delete it
it's just 03:25:758 (1) - this one being early
final bullet - Today at 5:16 PM
and this is the only 1/3 part 03:25:988 (1,2,3) - ?
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:17 PM
03:26:219 (1,2,3) - I think this was supposed to be 1/3
but then he fingered the strings a bit too hard
final bullet - Today at 5:17 PM
but the 2nd note is definitely at least on red tick there
lines up with snare almost
i mean in the way it's recorded
GoldenWolf - Today at 5:17 PM
yeah
because he's so late
03:23:219 (1) - it's actually 1/4 I was autistic when I was mapping it, all remade now and is probably much better to play than those super spaced 1/3 ones
03:26:450 (1,2,1,2) - spacing reduced slightly/pattern changed
03:26:912 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1) - all of this starts from very low spacing now and increases to lower spacing than before
03:30:142 (1,2,1,2) - pattern changed so it flows better
03:46:758 (1) - changed snare drum sliders to circles
03:59:912 (1,2,1) - changed so it goes up/right+down not right/left+up
05:15:984 (1) - changed doubles to sliders

Also uploaded an .osu with the demo mp3 for now! enjoy
Star ratings differ because of different offsets.
metadata: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/In ... sis/395126
Broodich
u r taking long
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
ok got some more opinions after the changes http://imgur.com/a/o6MtX
Rafis/talala/Plz Enjoy Game think jump section is fine, talala hasn't even tried the new ones yet, though he thinks the old ones were fine
HML
oi
Modarino
00:06:479 (4) - Make it curve to the opposite direction for better flow?
00:20:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - These feel random, maybe build up on 00:19:962 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - Like what you did with 00:19:962 (2,3,4,8,9,10) - ?
Maybe put 00:37:827 (1) - HERE?
00:39:849 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - The entire section feels off beat. 00:41:535 (3) - This one is for sure
00:57:714 (3) - Move down and to the right a bit more?
01:21:309 (1,2,3,4) - I think this should by Ctrl+J'd and put where it was. Flows better imo
01:25:186 (3) - Ctrl+G Flows 100 times better
01:48:613 (1,2) - Replace with a slider?
01:55:017 (4,5,6,7) - Decrease DS? It's the same as 01:55:354 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - but it feels like it shouldn't be as fast
02:05:804 (4,5,6,7) - ^ Ditto
02:19:286 (1,2,3,4) - I hit this some how, but I think it's too spaced, and a weird pattern
02:47:601 (1,2) - Why did you put two notes here instead of sliders? I didn't notice a difference in sound.
02:49:792 (10,5) - Move out from under the stream. It'll save a lot of people shitmisses.
03:25:176 (2,3,1) - Too spaced. Really hard to hit
03:47:330 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This wasn't fun to play. Maybe do something like THIS?
03:51:137 (1,2,3,4) - This looks super ugly. Maybe rotate it clockwise a bit?
04:02:075 (2) - Overmapped note
04:21:372 (13) - NC?
04:29:462 (13) - ^ Ditto
04:35:529 (1,2) - Why two notes instead of a slider?
04:43:619 (1,2) - ^
05:14:125 (3,1) - Place 1 on three?
05:15:473 (2,1) - Overlay?

Sorry for the short mod and if this mod wasn't helpful
show more