MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
1,187
show more
Eraser

MaridiuS wrote:

Random dude giving opinions, maybe more agree:

  1. Since osu! is completely community driven game, and QAT's functions are much less utilized, I believe that maps should follow the community's stuff.
    This map caused a lot of controversy, and after being passive for a while, people were alright with that. But even with that much spiked hate for the map (be it logical, or blind hate), you still go to rank this map, causing even more controversy and hate. Usually when a maps gets in a ranking state, everybody is happy with that, sometimes there's controversy like in HW maps, but it gets somewhat more agreement with mappers and players. This is complete chaos, we're not even close to understanding how much people are happy or mad with this map. Meaning I think monstrata you should chill out, and move on, even if it may look unjustified to you, that's how the world works against masses. So I think you should just let this map go, I don't see much accomplished by ranking this.
  2. I usually like to say, if a mapper bases his map on overlaps, he can't simply get away with every possible overlap. Not every overlap is good, and sometimes its just too extreme. Similar thing I could say for this map, as you kinda term it as "ugly", which i could kinda agree on some sliders. If you say its based on that, that doesn't mean you can go with the ugliest sliders ever, but should be toned down a bit to have some aesthetic value over some "art" "song is going like that" stuff.
  3. PS, I think the playability is fine, it follows logical patterns fitting the intensity of the song. Rhythm perfectly follows it, it's just the ugly sliders that i'm against of.
in other words: plz change your sliders to nice looking curves with blankets because fuck your core idea of this map!
Okoratu
@Kagetsu you will need to elaborate on what the issue is and how to fix it

as it stands this is a "I veto this cuz i dislike" without any explanation whatsoever because people being unable to play it atm doesnt mean people will be unable to play it in the future

so please provide more concrete reasoning for this veto

@thread

stop shitposting don't give me headaches
thanks
Enchant
Just fucking rank the map already geez, you know it's getting ranked anyway.
Shmiklak
MONSTRATA, PAY ATTENTION HERE, THERE'S A STUFF YOU COULD FIX
btw, just noticed, you turned on widescreen but I don't see sb here so I think you should turn it off.
Nao Tomori
hi

can smeone lock this shit till kagetsu responds or something

edit: widescreen is irrelevant since there's no storyboard anyway ?_?
MaridiuS

Eraser wrote:

in other words: plz change your sliders to nice looking curves with blankets because fuck your core idea of this map!
Not really asking for a complete change of sliders, jsut a few less curves on them, and a bit less randomness might be the way to go IMO,
Shmiklak
Yes it's irrelevant but we usually disable it when we don't have any sb so I suggest to do so here
edit: wtf while I was typing this reply 3 new posts came lol
Nao Tomori
feel free to like, give suggestions on how you think he should instead of just spewing random words and calling me autistic then =(
Shmiklak
Everyone can show their opinion and give suggestions if they are actually valid
Mentai

Left wrote:

i hated this map before, but now i support this map lol
hlanden

Mentai wrote:

Left wrote:

i hated this map before, but now i support this map lol
Opsi
Greetings fellow person who is lapping up this cesspool of condescension, drama, toxicity, and memes

May I have some of your popcorn

Hobbes you're a fucking masochist why would you do this to yourself

...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the two main concerns of the map appear to be aesthetics and playability. Obviously, I probably cannot judge the latter concept very well since I'm not very good at the game (dirty 30k haitai farming scrub amirite), but many mappers in this thread seem to be discontent with, quite simply, how ugly this map is. It looks like a piece of shit, and I believe anyone who disagrees is either blatantly lying, or has terrible taste.

Personally, I also firmly believe that aesthetics is a core concept of mapping, and is not to just be ignored and done sloppily out of laziness or apathy, simply because it's "subjective" or for a petty reason like arrogance, as some people seem to accuse.

Taking that into account, though, aesthetics's main purpose is not to structure the map, but represent the song through visuals (although these can be interchangeable based on the map, but it's pretty obvious which is the case here lol).

There are very few maps (if there even are) like Alien, but tell me; is there another song like Alien? It's a fucking mess of exorcised screams that not even Mazzerin would map, that suddenly cuts out to a loli singing about...wanting to be kidnapped by an alien...? (whattheactualfuck.jpeg)

Point being, the song should make the map, if it's a good map. Although I can't be as confident on the execution, I fully support Monstrata's concepts because of this basic reason in mapping.

As for playability, I'm out of my league here (and don't want to debate this xd), so I'll leave that to the people who are experienced with maps of this difficulty, people who are experienced playing maps of this difficulty, and of course, people who are neither but still try to act like an authority even though have not enough or even no idea of what they're talking about!(!!!)

You may say Monstrata's simply using the song as an excuse to be sloppy and lazy. Of course a map that is designed to be one of the hardest in the game in terms of sheer difficulty would be controversial if it doesn't build on a fundamental concept of mapping, but utterly destroys it. Or, maybe you're actually right. Maybe Monstrata is actually attempting to disrespect other mappers, and he intentionally mapped a meme. Or, maybe he deliberately shitmapped this song and watches with glee as how much drama this map has generated; similarly to controversial modern art, because that's what this is in the mapping world. Maybe all of these things are true.

As someone who hasn't kept up with whatever drama occurs on the forums, I am only concerned with how this map is tailored to play to the song; and if whatever outside reason others may give coincides with that, then personally I couldn't care less. What I believe doesn't matter nearly as much as some others, though. :P

Just a poor mapper's contribution to this shitstorm of a map thread. I was bored this morning! I'm very curious as to see how this map will progress (or lack of), along with when the thread will hit 1k posts (my bet is by this Sunday). Best of luck, Monstrata.
ItashaS13
I don't really like jumps on 00:54:726 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - considering 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 00:58:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - because pattern on 00:54:726 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - doesn't move.. like the jumps are static in the same side of the screen unlike the others that makes a movement, it fits the song. but 00:54:726 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - doesnt do that. I think something like this would fit better and keep the idea of that moving Im talking about to fit the guitar https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8647226
01:07:259 (1) - check timing on this I think its a bit late
Kurai
stop stop veto popping
Gokateigo
  1. 00:01:621 - this sound fuck my ears, if you want to map ugly things don't do a perfect curve
  2. 00:17:766 (1,2,3,4) - nice curves/square for an ugly map
  3. 00:38:356 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - perfect pentagons are bad for an ugly map
  4. 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - back and forths fit better here and it'll be moe playable
  5. 00:58:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
  6. 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
  7. 01:06:090 (1) - this spinner is full of strong sounds
  8. 01:10:902 (1) - ^
  9. 01:15:702 (1) - ^
  10. 01:23:493 (1) - ctrl g ? + redo the pattern if you do it
  11. 01:25:434 (6) - map something ugly here the vocals are different
  12. 01:27:148 (5) - ^
  13. 01:28:862 (5) - ^
  14. 01:38:058 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this (and the other similar patterns) are the worst thing in the map, you can do ugly things which look good, you should do ugly slider-same slider reversed-ugly slider-... it'll look good but it'll be ugly
  15. 01:41:487 (1) - for all this part : nc on bpm changes
  16. 02:02:564 (2,3,4,5) - do a normal jump maybe ? the sounds are strong and this part is pretty calm
  17. 02:25:494 (1,2,3,4,5) - it's not enough spaced, it's just before a fast part
  18. 02:51:908 (1,1) - make this possible to hit with a point where you can put your cusor and wait, it's pretty hard at 280bpm
  19. 02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - all the transition snares have a little spacing but this one is cross screen and really hard to play, why ?
  20. 03:07:390 (1) - it reminds me of ugly sliders,... in the calm part
  21. 03:15:390 (1,2) - clockwise 03:16:390 (3,4,5,6) - counter clockwise, why ?
  22. 03:31:498 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ but goes counter clockwise/clockwise
  23. 03:45:634 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - "ugly" part callback and it's perfect squares, it should be a bit ugly
  24. 04:09:581 - this part is singed by the guy of the ugly part, it should be (again) a bit ugly
  25. 04:32:302 (1,2,3,4) - nc
  26. 04:33:754 (1) - (and similar sliders) no, it's just bad, all the stop stop before are 2 normal sliders, but it changes at a random moment
This map sucks tbh, you shitmapped a huge part because you think metal is disgusting, Mazzerin maps death metal and thinks song representation is more important than aesthetics. His maps are NOT ugly af, they are a bit ugly sometimes (with really ugly sounds, not everything) but his style fits very well to metal, you should map something similar to his style in the "ugly" part and map ugly sliders when they are in the middle of the calm part because you can't change your style for 2 objects. If you map something like this I'll bee happy if it's ranked, it's just a random shit map atm for me
gl I guess
Shiirn
puxtu

brain damage wrote:

my name is what im getting from you guys here
Linada

Gokateigo wrote:

This map sucks tbh, you shitmapped a huge part because you think metal is disgusting
wtf are you stating he never said something like that in the first place
he just wanted to make a huge contrast between the first part of the song which is super messy and the second part which is calm and cute

calm your frucking tits wtf and stop making poeple say what they never said
Bearsome
edit: late
Gokateigo
If you make a contrast with beautiful/ugly mapping you obviously think one part is ugly and the other one is beautiful, seems obvious. He can make a contrast with difficulty, like Mazzerin did with PK, it'll be way better than this
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply