Shoujo - Reminiscing

posted
Total Posts
8
Topic Starter
AlienGo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, July 6, 2018 at 1:00:06 AM

Artist: Shoujo
Title: Reminiscing
Tags: Japanese Dance Electronic Marathon
BPM: 175
Filesize: 10700kb
Play Time: 05:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Memories (6.22 stars, 1639 notes)


Download: Shoujo - Reminiscing
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Mod pls!
Great song~ Thanks to Wyvernknight for showing me it.

Hitsounds ~99% done c:

Timing check at the end pls :D

Mods by:
Flawful
Zenithlight
Windshear
Fraye
General


~use NC only on the significant parts while maintaining consistency (i.e. everytime there's a significant kick or finish in the instruments)
~try making better slider shapes (some of your sliders seem unrankable)
~look at other mapper's ranked maps for pattern ideas
~use DS when making specific patterns and don't make slider's borders overlap with other things (most of the time)

(I'm doing this coz I accidentally deleted the mod I made ((was modding on notepad)) :cry:
Topic Starter
AlienGo

flawful wrote:

General


~use NC only on the significant parts while maintaining consistency (i.e. everytime there's a significant kick or finish in the instruments) okay i shall revise all the combos XD
~try making better slider shapes (some of your sliders seem unrankable) not sure which sliders you mean but i know there are at least 2 that need changing ><
~look at other mapper's ranked maps for pattern ideas Always XD
~use DS when making specific patterns and don't make slider's borders overlap with other things (most of the time) okay i just figured out what was wrong with my DS tool so ill be sure to use it to fix those up :) not sure about the sliders overlapping... some was intentional but maybe i missed a few odd ones...

(I'm doing this coz I accidentally deleted the mod I made ((was modding on notepad)) :cry:
zenithlight
Increase offset by 6.

Make sure to add hitsounds because they are a requirement for getting ranked!

00:01:384 (3) - The timing of this note is 1/8. I know 1/8 repeats can be hard to hit, so it's up to you if you change it. But I would recommend splitting this slider into 2 so you can click the drum beat on the white tick.

00:04:005 (5) - Stream spacing here is irregular. I recommend using Distance Snap or Convert Slider To Stream to make consistently spaced streams.

00:04:605 (12) - For simple curve sliders like this one, you should use just one anchor point so that it makes a perfect arc instead of messing around with several points. (If you use more than one point, the slider converts to Bezier algorithm which is a bit harder to control.)

00:07:348 (1) - This slider goes back on itself in the middle which is technically unrankable. Also the angles and spacing of the red points could be more consistent/neater.

00:08:720 (9) - The wave can be neater. You can check this forum post for how to make a nice looking wave slider.

00:10:433 (1) - Since it's staccato after the white tick, it's kind of awkward to keep holding the slider down. I would reduce the slider to 1 beat and then put a hit circle on the red tick after.

00:10:948 (4, 5) - There's a drum beat in between these two notes that maybe you want to map.

00:15:576 (9) - Loop sliders look nicer and are more readable if you have a gap in the middle.

00:16:779 (4, 5, 6) - I had an unusual amount of trouble playing these. But it could be must me being bad.

00:18:319 (8) - Consider emphasizing this finish with a spacing increase.

00:18:491 (9, 1) - Did you mean this to blanket? It doesn't imo. You can turn off grid snap if you want to make a really precise blanket.

00:19:691 (4) - It's awkward to have a finish be placed on a sliderend like this. Maybe you could shorten the slider and add another hitcircle here, possibly with a jump.

00:32:633 (1) - You should map the kick on the red tick before this circle.

00:35:291 (3, 4) - There is a note between these two circles.

00:37:305 (6, 7) - ^

00:38:376 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) - This stream has another note after it, so it might be better if you added another hitcircle and moved the stream so it connects with 00:38:891 (6).

00:42:919 (17, 18) - The drum beat ends on 00:42:919 (17) and the sound on 00:43:005 (18) is relatively weak by comparison. If you want to map it, maybe you could replace 00:42:919 (17) with a 1/4 slider.

00:46:433 (4) - Start it 1/4 beat earlier.

00:48:833 (1) - There's a beat in between these two.

00:55:348 (1) - ^

00:59:462 (9) - I'm not sure what justifies the sudden SV change here.

01:38:976 (6) - You should remove this note, because it doesn't match anything in the music.

01:39:062 (7) - A buzz/repeat slider might fit better here than a continued stream.

01:45:233 (3, 4) - Triplet here.

01:47:291 (4) - This is not 1/2 beat. Actually, it's 2 1/3 beats.

01:48:833 (9) - Cool! :D Maybe space the tail out or curve it a little bit so it's not as cramped?

01:55:005 (1) - This pattern is REALLY difficult to play correctly. If you really want to keep it, you should space the two "columns" closer together so the player can follow it by just keeping their cursor in the middle.

02:12:491 (2) - If you think it's appropriate, you can restart the kiai here and end it at 02:32:719.

02:25:348 (7, 8) - 02:25:348 (7) should be on the blue tick right before, and 02:25:433 (8) should be removed, as it doesn't match a beat in the music.

02:28:262 (3, 4) - There's a note between these.

02:28:605 (6) - Shorten this slider by 1/4 beat.

I really liked the way you mapped the kiai! Good job! :)

03:01:862 (1) - I don't think the 1/4 slider jumps make sense for this calm section of the song.

03:05:633 (1) - In the music, the stream ended here.

03:28:948 (1) - You should put a hitcircle here and start the spinner 1/4 beat after that so you can have a hitsound where the spinner starts.

03:39:662 (6, 7, 8) - This is actually 1/3, again, instead of 1/4.

03:39:919 (8) - I think the scratches and vocal sounds deserve their own sliders/circles rather than making it one big held note.

05:09:062 (1) - NC to signify timing change.

05:09:060 - I don't have the patience to time this accurately right now but the ending is off. You can either not map the ending (or map it with a spinner) or find someone to do the timing for you.

Some patterns I noticed in your map:

  • Accuracy of blankets
    Neatness of loop/wave sliders
    Sliderend on big white tick
    Using more than one point in a curve slider, causing it to become misshapen
    Leaving out beats in between notes

I didn't list every occurence of them, but I think if you fix those, the map will look a lot nicer. Besides that, this is a very cool map, for a cool song! Good luck!
Topic Starter
AlienGo

zenithlight wrote:

Increase offset by 6.

Make sure to add hitsounds because they are a requirement for getting ranked!

00:01:384 (3) - The timing of this note is 1/8. I know 1/8 repeats can be hard to hit, so it's up to you if you change it. But I would recommend splitting this slider into 2 so you can click the drum beat on the white tick.

00:04:005 (5) - Stream spacing here is irregular. I recommend using Distance Snap or Convert Slider To Stream to make consistently spaced streams.

00:04:605 (12) - For simple curve sliders like this one, you should use just one anchor point so that it makes a perfect arc instead of messing around with several points. (If you use more than one point, the slider converts to Bezier algorithm which is a bit harder to control.)

00:07:348 (1) - This slider goes back on itself in the middle which is technically unrankable. Also the angles and spacing of the red points could be more consistent/neater.

00:08:720 (9) - The wave can be neater. You can check this forum post for how to make a nice looking wave slider.

00:10:433 (1) - Since it's staccato after the white tick, it's kind of awkward to keep holding the slider down. I would reduce the slider to 1 beat and then put a hit circle on the red tick after.

00:10:948 (4, 5) - There's a drum beat in between these two notes that maybe you want to map.

00:15:576 (9) - Loop sliders look nicer and are more readable if you have a gap in the middle.

00:16:779 (4, 5, 6) - I had an unusual amount of trouble playing these. But it could be must me being bad.

00:18:319 (8) - Consider emphasizing this finish with a spacing increase.

00:18:491 (9, 1) - Did you mean this to blanket? It doesn't imo. You can turn off grid snap if you want to make a really precise blanket.

00:19:691 (4) - It's awkward to have a finish be placed on a sliderend like this. Maybe you could shorten the slider and add another hitcircle here, possibly with a jump.

00:32:633 (1) - You should map the kick on the red tick before this circle.

00:35:291 (3, 4) - There is a note between these two circles.

00:37:305 (6, 7) - ^

00:38:376 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) - This stream has another note after it, so it might be better if you added another hitcircle and moved the stream so it connects with 00:38:891 (6).

00:42:919 (17, 18) - The drum beat ends on 00:42:919 (17) and the sound on 00:43:005 (18) is relatively weak by comparison. If you want to map it, maybe you could replace 00:42:919 (17) with a 1/4 slider.

00:46:433 (4) - Start it 1/4 beat earlier.

00:48:833 (1) - There's a beat in between these two.

00:55:348 (1) - ^

00:59:462 (9) - I'm not sure what justifies the sudden SV change here.

01:38:976 (6) - You should remove this note, because it doesn't match anything in the music.

01:39:062 (7) - A buzz/repeat slider might fit better here than a continued stream.

01:45:233 (3, 4) - Triplet here.

01:47:291 (4) - This is not 1/2 beat. Actually, it's 2 1/3 beats.

01:48:833 (9) - Cool! :D Maybe space the tail out or curve it a little bit so it's not as cramped?

01:55:005 (1) - This pattern is REALLY difficult to play correctly. If you really want to keep it, you should space the two "columns" closer together so the player can follow it by just keeping their cursor in the middle.

02:12:491 (2) - If you think it's appropriate, you can restart the kiai here and end it at 02:32:719.

02:25:348 (7, 8) - 02:25:348 (7) should be on the blue tick right before, and 02:25:433 (8) should be removed, as it doesn't match a beat in the music.

02:28:262 (3, 4) - There's a note between these.

02:28:605 (6) - Shorten this slider by 1/4 beat.

I really liked the way you mapped the kiai! Good job! :)

03:01:862 (1) - I don't think the 1/4 slider jumps make sense for this calm section of the song.

03:05:633 (1) - In the music, the stream ended here.

03:28:948 (1) - You should put a hitcircle here and start the spinner 1/4 beat after that so you can have a hitsound where the spinner starts.

03:39:662 (6, 7, 8) - This is actually 1/3, again, instead of 1/4.

03:39:919 (8) - I think the scratches and vocal sounds deserve their own sliders/circles rather than making it one big held note.

05:09:062 (1) - NC to signify timing change.

05:09:060 - I don't have the patience to time this accurately right now but the ending is off. You can either not map the ending (or map it with a spinner) or find someone to do the timing for you.

Some patterns I noticed in your map:

  • Accuracy of blankets
    Neatness of loop/wave sliders
    Sliderend on big white tick
    Using more than one point in a curve slider, causing it to become misshapen
    Leaving out beats in between notes

I didn't list every occurence of them, but I think if you fix those, the map will look a lot nicer. Besides that, this is a very cool map, for a cool song! Good luck!
Thanks :D really good mod i used pretty much all of it ^^ sry about no comments ill upload some if you wanted to know what i thought otherwise know i took pretty much all the comments :)
Windshear
hey its winsher

00:21:399 (2) - funy looker slide pls fix
00:24:485 (1) - pls chang orientation of slide it needs to flow better zzz
00:25:856 (1) - strim starts under end of slide fils weird to play xdddd
00:28:256 (1) - mak slider corner not curve lolololllolo
00:37:513 (8) - same here bro
00:47:113 (1) - probs only needs 1 slide point thing to make curve better lookignnn, same with lots of the slideee xdd
01:26:885 (3) - this slidr literalty keeps me awake at night
01:33:056 (1) - pls make strim curve not corner it plays weird
01:40:599 (9) - pls corner slide not curve slide :<<<<<<
01:45:570 (6) - pls new combo here to make jump finish on 8 beats ;)
01:48:056 (8) - ther is a triple sound here so i guess remap the strim? sounds weirdddd lolololo
01:48:827 (9) - no mod here this slider is sexy af it keeps me awake for entirely different reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
01:51:913 (1) - spacng of this strim is nightmare inducing
01:54:999 (1) - sexy but imo not fitting the beat, just bring one side closer so it looks easier :^), 03:53:199 (5) - same here
01:55:685 (9) - moar corner slide pls
02:03:913 (1) - aaaaaa big jump a little too big pls dial it back 1 notch
02:20:370 (1) - series of scary sliders
03:36:999 (7) - new combo here pls big numbers confuse me, 03:54:827 (7) - same here
03:38:199 (14) - just put this on the other side of the slider
03:38:542 (1) - not fun strim followed by NSFW slide(s)
04:45:055 (1) - awkward beats going on here pls find a way with more slidrs :^)

pertty good boi but those sliders need some work ;) fun map fun song good job

;; o try not to go over 10 combo number outside strims, the last circle on the whole map could probs be replaced by a 1/16 slider, 1/16 before its current time but all preference
Topic Starter
AlienGo
  • Windshear wrote:

    hey its winsher

    00:21:399 (2) - funy looker slide pls fix changed it a bit but its supposed to reflect the wobble in the vocal XD
    00:24:485 (1) - pls chang orientation of slide it needs to flow better zzz removed the note before it should be better now
    00:25:856 (1) - strim starts under end of slide fils weird to play xdddd okay moved the slider XD
    00:28:256 (1) - mak slider corner not curve lolololllolo mmm okay shall see how it is
    00:37:513 (8) - same here bro I like the curve here as it reflects the vocals, may change if its too awkward to play
    00:47:113 (1) - probs only needs 1 slide point thing to make curve better lookignnn, same with lots of the slide xdd yup fixed
    01:26:885 (3) - this slidr literalty keeps me awake at night in a good way? XD
    01:33:056 (1) - pls make strim curve not corner it plays weird okay changed it for now
    01:40:599 (9) - pls corner slide not curve slide :<<<<<< vocal slider ><
    01:45:570 (6) - pls new combo here to make jump finish on 8 beats ;)okayy
    01:48:056 (8) - ther is a triple sound here so i guess remap the strim? sounds weirdddd lolololo youre right :O added a slider there
    01:48:827 (9) - no mod here this slider is sexy af it keeps me awake for entirely different reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)enjoy :^)
    01:51:913 (1) - spacng of this strim is nightmare inducing its supposed to be an expanding stream, used note spacer to even the spacing, so i thought it would be okay, but if its too hard to play maybe ill change it
    01:54:999 (1) - sexy but imo not fitting the beat, just bring one side closer so it looks easier :^), 03:53:199 (5) - same here ive already nerved it >< (first one) ill move the right side a little closer, but ill move the 2nd one more since its still quite spaced
    01:55:685 (9) - moar corner slide pls chorus theme was the 4 point sliders, pls no hate ^^
    02:03:913 (1) - aaaaaa big jump a little too big pls dial it back 1 notch okay hope you like fans :P
    02:20:370 (1) - series of scary sliders mm spaced it out a bit hopefully not as scary anymore :)
    03:36:999 (7) - new combo here pls big numbers confuse me, 03:54:827 (7) - same here
    03:38:199 (14) - just put this on the other side of the slider okk
    03:38:542 (1) - not fun strim followed by NSFW slide(s) remapped stream and slider
    04:45:055 (1) - awkward beats going on here pls find a way with more slidrs :^) i could hear just that one bit at this point so put a slider :)

    pertty good boi but those sliders need some work ;) fun map fun song good job

    ;; o try not to go over 10 combo number outside strims, the last circle on the whole map could probs be replaced by a 1/16 slider, 1/16 before its current time but all preference


Thanks for the mod!! :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply