forum

Worst Fail in Gaming!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
What have you done that was stupid?
I managed to use a revival item on a non-dead character. Game says but nothing happens, and destroys my item! :evil:
awp
I bought Dragon Warrior for 2 dollars. That was kind of stupid of me.
Kite
My worst fail in gaming would be that I threw the Ultima Sword in FF7 at an enemy with the "Throw" materia and saved afterwards.. orz
Azure_Kite
My worst fail at gaming was finding a shiny Wailmer in Ruby but had no Pokeballs
Behon
Elaine Spencer
I have had many fails in my life, especially while gaming. More often than not, it involves me overwriting save data (eg, my Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 CLEAR GAME, after I had completed 2 bonus ops).

Otherwise, let's see...

My first Pump it Up!(arcade) attempt was on nightmare (WHAT WAS I THINKING?!)

Shadow Hearts 2 director's cut(PS2): attempting the bonus boss fight (Shichifukujin/Seven-Headed God)... at level 35 avg.

Clock Tower: The First Fear (SNES): deliberately running into Bobby/Scissorman to see what happens

Final Fantasy 6 (JP) [SNES]: Using a level 28 Locke to fight Kefka

Epic Fail: Actually spending sixteen dollars on Clock Tower 3.

Lastly, and I know it's an achievement, but...

Left 4 Dead (x box 360): Throwing a molotov at a witch. Dumbest. Idea. EVER.
Kitsunemimi

Elaine Spencer wrote:

Not as dumb as walking right up to the witch, throwing a molotov at it is probably the most efficient way of getting it out of the way while actively causing damage.
RemmyX25

Elaine Spencer wrote:

Actually thats one of my most brilliant ideas ever. The which was actually INSIDE one of the huts along the way. Threw the molotov inside the building, and ran while she tried to rip the door down.

I liked the idea at least.
Remco32
Throw molotov -> let your teammates block the path to you and let them shoot the witch.
Sounds like a decent plan.
Elaine Spencer

Harris73 wrote:

Elaine Spencer wrote:

Not as dumb as walking right up to the witch, throwing a molotov at it is probably the most efficient way of getting it out of the way while actively causing damage.

RemmyX25 wrote:

Elaine Spencer wrote:

Actually thats one of my most brilliant ideas ever. The which was actually INSIDE one of the huts along the way. Threw the molotov inside the building, and ran while she tried to rip the door down.

I liked the idea at least.

Remco32 wrote:

Throw molotov -> let your teammates block the path to you and let them shoot the witch.
Sounds like a decent plan.
You guys are probably right... But I can't seem to get it done without winding up incapped due to a lack of mad skill. I find cr0wning to be the best method of killing the witch, but you have to be quick about it or else you're done for.

I think molotovs would be best if you are playing in versus mode, simply because there is the possibility of a smoker or hunter waiting by the witch. I used to do that all the time. Scratch the witch while a survivor is nearby, and she is, more often than not, instantly startled.
Patcheresu
Uno.

DRAW F*CKIN 8? When everyone else has 2 cards and I have 8 already? MOTHERFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Safe to say I lost that round :/
Decay
i facechecked a bush that was being occupied by several enemies
Sup A Noob
My party Slept while fighting a Doomtrain-ed Grendal in the Island of Heaven/Hell in Final Fantasy VIII.

The problem was, the Sleeping was very much done literally.
Neo@lex
RemmyX25
Yup. Sad to say I know people who still do that.
Mara

RemmyX25 wrote:

Yup. Sad to say I know people who still do that.
Me too.
rust45
I've done it, it's not fun when you've beaten the game before, and you die right there in front of your friend.