forum

Does anybody else's shoulder hurt when playing osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tsunderekitsune
i play on tablet and use the z/x keys with my left hand, but after playing for a bit my left shoulder starts to hurt o: does this happen to anybody else? maybe I'm playing wrong or maybe my shoulder is just weird -w-
Yuudachi-kun
No
vsprite
I suggest that you recheck your posture and hand/arm position as this should never happen
I Give Up
Mine does my chair is too low v_v
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

Mine does my chair is too low v_v
Same thing here except its in my forearm. I recently got a new chaie so my arm is no longer numbish when I play.
Nadfee
Never.
Maybe because I've only been here 3 months. I don't really know what the average time is until you start feeling pain. 8500 plays in 3 months is alot I suppose? (300h'ish if calculated correctly I think).

I'm afraid RSI-sama will come get me even though I haven't felt pain ;-;
ZenithPhantasm
RSI could be painless.
Pain is when its already too late.
Nadfee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

RSI could be painless.
Pain is when its already too late.
Oh well I better stop soon before the pain comes then :D
Mahogany
No but sometimes my hands hurt when I play for too long
Cocoa Hoto
Just got the same problem.
Only happened once today though.
vsprite

Mahogany wrote:

No but sometimes my hands hurt when I play for too long
Dont worry that is perfectly normal. The pain will go away if you keep playing excessively.
GoldenWolf
Your posture is most likely bad for playing extended periods of time

You should check this to get an idea of what a proper sitting posture is
E m i
i get a lot of pain around my left shoulder on singletap-intense maps (mostly long 240-270 singletapping rather than short-medium 270+) and right distal biceps tendon on aim-intense maps (thanks SnowNiNo_)
time to get a normal desk and chair xd
GoldenWolf

Momiji wrote:

i get a lot of pain around my left shoulder on singletap-intense maps (mostly long 240-270 singletapping rather than short-medium 270+) and right distal biceps tendon on aim-intense maps (thanks SnowNiNo_)
time to get a normal desk and chair xd
I'm afraid a proper posture will not help you on this one. Try getting a working brain instead.
E m i
I did forget to add "and see if it helps", but most importantly I love you too.
Topic Starter
tsunderekitsune

GoldenWolf wrote:

Your posture is most likely bad for playing extended periods of time

You should check this to get an idea of what a proper sitting posture is
hmm i do have to lean forward so i can reach the keyboard of my laptop since i have my tablet in front of it. maybe if i put the table beside my keyboard and move the laptop closer i can reach the keyboard from a better posture, and my shoulder will stop hurting? but maybe my performance will just start to suck if it disorients me :P

update: I'm experiencing a lot less pain in my shoulder so far, and my playing is hardly affected by moving my tablet; thanks for suggesting fixing my posture :)
SpringVine
Sometimes my left shoulder hurts when i try to stream long 210+ BPM streams
Ideal
I only really feel pain when singletapping DT AR9s (don't ask me why it only happens on ar9s) or when I'm deathstreaming 230+bpm.
pandaBee
My shoulder is in pain all the time because my imaginary girlfriend is always hitting me there telling me to stop clicking circles and to play with her instead. What a nagger. It doesn't help that she hits like a truck.
vsprite
ShoulderSI a thing?
ZenithPhantasm

vsprite wrote:

ShoulderSI a thing?
Yes
Just ask all the tennis players who retired early
Tedda
My shoulder still hurts even when I am in the correct sitting position. It's most likely because I'm getting too tense tapping, but then again I can't figure out how to relax when playing maps :?
ZenithPhantasm

Tedda wrote:

My shoulder still hurts even when I am in the correct sitting position. It's most likely because I'm getting too tense tapping, but then again I can't figure out how to relax when playing maps :?
Nice necropost. Quit playing maps that are too hard for you and focus on relaxing on easier maps first
texas7412
i've been experiencing the same issue... my left shoulder is getting to the point of when i start osu it hurts without even playing lmfao... but other games that i use mouse for i never have pains.. my tablet is on a slide out drawer under my keyboard don't know if that would have anything to do with it though
dung eater
If you use shoulder to aim it does sometimes.
giguer

tsunderekitsune wrote:

i play on tablet and use the z/x keys with my left hand, but after playing for a bit my left shoulder starts to hurt o: does this happen to anybody else? maybe I'm playing wrong or maybe my shoulder is just weird -w-
same problem here, I'm actually trying to find out if it's due to my posture or smtg else but it really does hurt:/
xfelinnee

Unst4bl3m4st3r wrote:

tsunderekitsune wrote:

same problem here, I'm actually trying to find out if it's due to my posture or smtg else but it really does hurt:/
Depends on your Sitting position honestly, try to get used to the "Ideal sitting posture" try out new chairs or what not, sitting posture worked for me, got myself another 240 pp play lol
maxgader

tsunderekitsune wrote:

hey idk if you still play but i do and it hurts a lot did u fix this issue ?
RockRoller

maxgader wrote:

If you actually feel pain while playing osu try taking a break and dont forget about regular breaks while playing. If you still continue to have pain please visit a professional if possible for you.
c0ra

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

No
^
haha i rolypoly

maxgader wrote:

tsunderekitsune wrote:

he hasnt been online in 30 days necrophile