forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Neo@lex
I'm pretty sure it's either a part of the original or a protected download.
Link for those who haven't seen it.
Topic Starter
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's either a part of the original or a protected download.
Link for those who haven't seen it.
What the hell did I just watch?
Neo@lex
If you clicked the link, you just watched a flash cartoon.
If you didn't, you probably just watched a Hentai involving two girls being decapitated and raped by their severed arms.
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Slain087
Do you guys think ZUN is going to have a four seasons stint? I mean, we've already gone through autumn, winter, and spring in the last three games. I remember IN not occurring until December, so maybe Touhou 12 will have a summer theme? Hopefully get Reimu un-zombified?

On another note, I've seen a few replays that have Icicle Fall -Easy- moments in SA. Orin's Stage 6 card seems to have a weak spot near her.
Slain087
Damn it, I was literally one second away from unlocking the last card I needed to obtain that Last Word. DAMN IT!! Kaguya gets 10 Master Sparks to the face next time I face her.
James
i still dont know how to use that netplay thing in swr =(
SBKT
I dunno where to get that. Apparently I'm still missing two games. I'm busy trying to find the cut up Ending from Yakumo De Pon still.
Mafiamaster

James wrote:

i still dont know how to use that netplay thing in swr =(
To host: Click the first option in network play. Default port is 10800.
To join: You type in the person's ip address in the second option of network play. They have to be hosting before you try to join.
A program called Hamachi is good for finding players who play these games (kinda). It shows an ip address beside their name.

I think I have a problem though, I tried to netplay with AlchemistKeiko but it always times out, same thing happened with another person yesterday even though we had the same version. :cry:

Edit: Oh cool, I actually got to play with somebody today! XD
Maybe because I disabled my firewall >.>
Slain087
(Insert MGS "!" sound here)

IaMP actually has an English patch now! Man.
James
msg me in irc if you want to play with me, im not good though + dunno if my net is good enough too
Slain087
I've always found it interesting that higher difficulties basically require one to move closer to the boss, rather than farther away. It seems backwards, in a sense.

Also: Stage 6 SA:
Orin's Spell Card has a weak spot approximately ten pixels square away from her sprite, where one may stay for the entire duration without being hit. Even on Lunatic. There's also an Apollo 13 moment with Utsuho. One of her normal attacks can be dodged by going into that sphere she's holding. Granted, the extra Graze is essentially not worth it anymore due to the lack of Points to use it on, but it's still interesting.
Zatoichi
Tewi's the best female.

Prove me wrong.

Oh wait, you can't.
SBKT

Zatoichi wrote:

Tewi's the best female.

Prove me wrong.

Oh wait, you can't.
I can.

Just about everyone has something on her besides looking young.

Suika can rip apart a goddamn MOUNTAIN. WITH HER HANDS. Tewi could... rip paper.
Slain087
And let's face it, her power is only useful if you can catch her. Even if you can, you'll immediately use it on escaping from the Bamboo Forest. So it's fairly useless (why the hell did you get lost in the first place!?), and pretty much relegates Tei to Lily White territory. And even that's dubious, as Mokou can do the exact same job, and she isn't a Komachi-level slacker.

Sorry, but bunny girls don't get any extra points from me.

Also, has anyone taken count of how many Touhou-based beatmaps we have on here, compared to other series?
Neo@lex
Reisen>Tewi, since DundududunDundundududunDundundududunDundundundun is extremely repetitive. Dun Dun Dun Dundun Dundundundunduuuuun ftw.

!search IOSYS
<insert results here, excluding FOE>
!search ZUN
<insert results here>
There you go, slain.
Mafiamaster
Isn't Silver Forest also a type of Touhou thing?
Slain087
Yeah, which is why I asked. IOSYS isn't the only doujin group that does Touhou music.
luckydog_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer

luckydog wrote:

Not very good at them unfortunately, mainly because I get motion sickness playing them.
...No comment.
SBKT

Loginer wrote:

luckydog wrote:

Not very good at them unfortunately, mainly because I get motion sickness playing them.
...No comment.
Well, have you seen the things? My mother gets motion sickness easy, I made her watch me play Imperishable Night on lunatic. FUN STUFF. She did get sick.

In which case that severely limits the games. Some puzzles are even out.

luckydog_old
I still play them. They just give me really bad headaches if the backgrounds moving in a different direction to the bullets. Which means that imperishable night, which is my favourite, hurts me a lot.
Slain087
Yeesh. Seriously, if it's hurting you that much, don't play it. I don't know if there's an option to remove the background entirely, but if there isn't, you're just going to take yourself out like that.

In other news, I've finally cleared Hourai Doll. I still can't clear Possessed By Phoenix due to the blue arrows, though. And EX-Keine's first card is still killer for me, although I can manage to dodge two whole waves.

And I need to figure out how to 1cc Normal and survive the entirety of Kaguya's Imperishable assault. Maybe if I go with the Netherworld team... Then I just have to dodge Tei and Marisa. That, and remember to dodge against Reisen.
luckydog_old
Yeah, the 4-5 hour long headaches have stopped me playing for a while. I'm okay at most shmups, but Touhou seems to always best me
SBKT

luckydog wrote:

Yeah, the 4-5 hour long headaches have stopped me playing for a while. I'm okay at most shmups, but Touhou seems to always best me
You might want to look into some of the platform shooters for a bit then. There's some maddening touhou fan platformers like Megamari, I know.
The Observer_old
Zatoichi

SBKT wrote:

My mother gets motion sickness easy, I made her watch me play Imperishable Night on lunatic. FUN STUFF. She did get sick.
Why were you letting your mom watch you shoot rabbits?
luckydog_old
Yeah I've been told about them. My friend can get them for me. Shoot the bullet was too much though, but that's because I never read instruction manuals.

I've gotten all my games for free off friends
SBKT
Mafiamaster
Anyone think it's possible to hold every Touhou related song on a 2 GB iPod because I just started. :P
Neo@lex

Mafiamaster wrote:

Anyone think it's possible to hold every Touhou related song on a 2 GB iPod because I just started. :P
Not a miko's chance in Gensokyo.
Rips alone >1.5gb
IOSYS >2-3gb
Other stuff >9tb.
Mafiamaster
Topic Starter
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

Not a miko's chance in Gensokyo.
Rips alone >1.5gb
IOSYS >2-3gb
Other stuff >9tb.
You fail at compression.
Slain087
Pro tip: Lossless music. Don't, unless you absolutely love trying to hear things you can't, or you have a 120G sized player.

But I agree with neo@lex's assessment. You don't have a night sparrow's chance at not getting eaten by Yuyuko at getting all of the songs on a 2 GB pod.

*wanders off, humming "Pray" by IOSYS*

*Comes back 2 days later*

Damn, Tenshi. That has to hurt.

*Comes back even later*

lol Marisa.
Mafiamaster
Slain087
...It's been too long for me to remember. I think it was either the Border of Death video or the IN Extra clear.

And I really have to learn to deathbomb if it even looks like I'm going to be hit. I rarely think that I'm going to be hit until I actually am.
SBKT
A friend named ridley4 told me. I think he died in one of the hurricanes or something. He loved pretending to be reisen (lolwtf) and had red colourchanging contacts. I told him he was nuts, he showed me the games.

Also, SA won't install correctly. I'm getting pissed.
Slain087
Topic Starter
Loginer

Slain087 wrote:

If you're using the Vista OS, then I think you have the same problem I had. If you have them on for some reason, kill the... what's that called...
UAC, and no one should have that horrible thing enabled.

Mafiamaster wrote:

So how did each of you find out about the Touhou Project and the like.
Saw a video of a Touhou game on YouTube. Got interested, downloaded it.
Neo@lex
I found out about Touhou from watching a crapload of youtube videos, then I saw Rolled's Max Forever storyboard and decided to find out who the fuck Alice was.
Then I downloaded IN and I was like "Fuck this weaboo trash", then I got to Reisen and I made the mistake of staring at her eyes for a long period of time.
Then I was like :awesome:.
show more