forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Moriya Suwako
Well...I found that "Touhou Hisōtensoku ~ Chōdokyū Ginyoru no Nazo wo Oe" is really attractive to those who love fighting games.
I have played this game for three months, and it's hard for me...The method of defense is really different from Super Smash Bros, a series of games release by Nintendo. So it's hard for me to get used to defend.
Petya_old
I almost did a hard 1cc on Subterranean Animism just one day after getting my very first ever hard 1cc in a Touhou game (Ten Desires).

And the sad thing is I missed out on an extra life just before the game over because a sun bullet perfectly covered the last fragment so I couldn't pull it in with focus.
Dai

Cyclone wrote:

eXceed Also I'm just gonna drop this here.
YES!!
Petya_old
New Hopeless Masquerade video (opening + 1 round match)

DarkDunskin
Aww, it really was just a fairy Maid.
This is kinda disappointing.
I hope at least the other visible Characters will be playable and not just act like an audience.
Dai
0:42 - Shou, Byakuren, Miko, Futo, Unzan.
H_Hitachiin

What's the word over the bombs and lives?
Zekira
^ "Nullity"

(misspelling intentional)
H_Hitachiin
^ Sounds interesting.
Petya_old
Recommended specs for the Hopeless Masquerade demo:
WinXP, Vista, 7
Intel Core2Duo 2.6GHz or above
1GB ram
Video Card with shader model 2.0 and 512MB vram (they mention onboard graphics may not work)
200MB free disk space
Professor Prinny
Those moments when you see a spellcard do something that you have little chance of escaping from... Got to hate them indeed, especially if they are long survival spell cards.

Anyway, anyone know what characters other than Reimu and Marisa are going to be in Hopeless Masquerade?
Jinxy

Looking around Tumblr, found a few of these

EDIT: Oh hey, the demo. Downloading now to check

EDIT2: Yep, works.

Things I've learnt so far:
On Time Out, the winner it the one with more % under the lifebar (popularity?), and not the life itself.
The bottom part of each character is different, Marisa has some 3-star thing that seem to change her moves to stronger versions, Ichirin has a rage mode(?), Reimu has a bunch of yin-yang orbs that do something(???).
BCI

H_Hitachiin wrote:

What's the word over the bombs and lives?
>Imperishable Night
>Yuyuko
u're so pro sir

and also y u all no OMG C83 TH13.5 OMG ASDSDAASSAD
Ekoro

BCI wrote:

and also y u all no OMG C83 TH13.5 OMG ASDSDAASSAD
<- waiting for TH14
Jinxy
The only thing I'm interested in is the whole roster and their new character portraits, maybe the storyline. Fighting games are far from my thing.
Coro
The % bar thing is audience appeal, and determines the winner in event of time out.
And apparently 13.5 runs on IaMP's spell system with SWR's deck system.

Ichirin has a badass portrait art. Also, Unzan's hitboxes are ridiculous.
inb4 BROKEN
Pizzicato
i just watched the 13.5 gameplay. Me and my mates didn't like it
12.3's better
Van246
What will touhou look like on 3D?
It looks like this
Gabi
The dmg, hitboxes, proration, health etc will all be altered in the main version, so don't be frigthened by it, all characters have to come out before they can patch and start buffing/nerfing balance.

This game is far different from games like 10.5/12.3 and can't really be compared to it.

There are a total of 8 slots where you can place different skill cards/items/spellcards, and each card can be selected several times. Each card may or may not act differently depending on what slot you put it in (The skill might do an extra attack/bullet, might be angled differently, or simply just do the default skill)

Spellcards sort of works like IaMP, you can declare a spellcard when your lifebar is fully blue, and then use it again to activate it. If you have 100% popularity, you can do your mega spellcard (everyone has 1 of those).

Also each character seem to have a different system to themselves.
Pizzicato
they're both touhou so i can pretty much compare it

i guess we just loved 12.3 so much
H_Hitachiin
12.3 is awesome, yet I find myself ith a love for SWR XD

Stop hiding Aya :3c
Why do I suck at Lunatic in the fighting games :<
Exerion
In hisotensoku lunatic isn't much different than easy. Custom bot difficulties - really hard.
(for 1.10 here, and for 1.10a here - just try it ^^)
rickyboi
I made a combo video for Marisa Users.

It's very different from 10.5/12.3 but yea it's still cool.
- 1 -
These games are harder than having the tennis ball launcher machine at max speed and trying to hit them! :cry:
H_Hitachiin

I know I'm doing something wrong.

Don't worry, Yukari survived.
Gilochan

Van246 wrote:

What will touhou look like on 3D?
It looks like this
My eyes hurtin' *___* huehuehue
Ekoro

H_Hitachiin wrote:

I was about asking where is Yukari but well
Elisha_old
i got exceed like you all recomended, its awesome
Professor Prinny

_LRJ_ wrote:

H_Hitachiin wrote:

I was about asking where is Yukari but well
Well Last Words, Overdrives etc. are definitely difficulties where you should never blink, ever or the next thing you know is that you don't know where you are and before you know it *boom* you're dead. Well there are other factors (hitboxes) *ahem* but that's beside the point.
Juuryoushin
Hey, long time no see, old topic. =w=
I just discovered something, an awesome fanmade story. I'll not spoil, I only suggest you to watch the entire story without any break.

Link here!
Ekoro

Didou wrote:

Hey, long time no see, old topic. =w=
I just discovered something, an awesome fanmade story. I'll not spoil, I only suggest you to watch the entire story without any break.

Link here!
What could i say , really. Indeed it's a awesome fanmade story , watched it the 2 last hours and... dunno. I have no words for that.

/litterally crying like hell
[MizuIroPettanKo]
does touhou fighting games count? i only play Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for danmaku.. in normal difficulty... >.< but i did play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku on lunatic difficulty >w<
Exerion

[MizuIroPettanKo] wrote:

does touhou fighting games count? i only play Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for danmaku.. in normal difficulty... >.< but i did play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku on lunatic difficulty >w<
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2020340
Shiro
I just tested the new touhou fighter and I don't get it at all. It looks like they removed all the mechanics that made IaMP and soku fun. Waiting for a full download with english translation though.
Icyteru

Shiro wrote:

I just tested the new touhou fighter and I don't get it at all. It looks like they removed all the mechanics that made IaMP and soku fun. Waiting for a full download with english translation though.
just takes a while to get used to
SgtSiro
I always lose in the final level (sometimes earlier -_-) of EoSD in hard.. i started it like that and i'm too prideful to go back D':
Yoishi
I started Playing EoSD today, going to be working on a Lunatic clear with Marisa A. Spent about 2 hours on it, stages 3 & 4 need a lot of work, the furthest I managed to get was the stage 5 midboss.
Zerostarry
I'm new to Touhou games. Been a secondary for years until now!

I almost 1cc Ten Desires normal, now i'm working on MoF. But I can't get past Stage 4. Even if I run perfect up to that point, I will always game over at Stage 4. Momiji and the stage in general are too hard!
H_Hitachiin
I feel slightly alone considering my first Touhou game was HRtP :(
Xanaehla
I only play The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil I'm still not done yet
show more