forum

Current system revision and new system changes

posted
Total Posts
313
show more
Lust
Sorry for using your images Sakura, I always keep them on deck for situations like this o/


Well, maybe I can make a whole post detailing the processes and protocols, but do you all really need that? D:
Should be cleared up in BN handbook v2
Stefan
It has been changed since weeks ago iirc.
Sakura
Also, the limit is 9 not 8 (at least it was 9 yesterday and for a few months ago as well)
Secretpipe
I really don't get it guys.

Before , when I opened the beatmap ranked section , I was happy to think "oh hey , there's a new ranked map" and there was some hype when a "special" map was ranked and it was really cool. I was like "I need to try that map in some minutes , that looks great ^^"

Now , there's like 7/8 beatmaps ranked per day fully made with TV Size or Anime stuff and I'm like when opening the Qualified section "oh , there's 8 new anime beatmaps again ? *closes Chrome*

I just wanted that you guys explain me the reason to allow a bigger number of map allowed to be ranked per day. It doesn't make any sense and I highly doubt that a player can play all of those maps everyday.
xxdeathx
Because we need icons to get BN score and now there are so many BN's (and more to come) that they're hitting the cap in their efforts to get icons.
Okoratu
hello I was asked to throw this opinion in here:

Project Railgun wrote:

I agree with Secretpipe in a way. When I joined osu! there used to be about 1 / 2 ranks daily (rarely, if ever 3), which made it pretty cool to get a map ranked. Maps back then also received much more play count than the current maps now, even though the userbase has more than doubled.

Hopefully the website re-design will drive conversion rates and make it easier for players to find maps, etc.
I on the other hand think that that was the whole point of this system: getting more maps ranked/qualified whatever
Natsu
problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
Ichigaki

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
:(
Kurai

Okoratu wrote:

Project Railgun wrote:

I agree with Secretpipe in a way. When I joined osu! there used to be about 1 / 2 ranks daily (rarely, if ever 3), which made it pretty cool to get a map ranked
And BATs were always getting yelled at because nothing was happening, this has always been the biggest issue with the old system trust me. The community keeps growing everyday, so is the number of mappers. Now imagine how many pages of bubble maps we would have if only 1/2 maps were qualified a day, it'd be chaos. Getting your map ranked is no more a privilige ever since the ranking system has been community-driven, nor is being a BN. You guys should start accepting that :(

If you want to feel special, go win the mapping contests, get your map nominated on monthly charts or improve until you are a fully acclaimed mapper and get dozens of fangirls.

Secretpipe wrote:

I highly doubt that a player can play all of those maps everyday.
You'd be surprised :>
Nyukai

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
Gotta agree here, I think the same.
Natsu

Ichigaki wrote:

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
:(
to be honest is this keep in this way maybe we will have like 10 pages of bubbled maps at some point O.O
Cherry Blossom
More miscommunication please.
When people don't know that they are allowed to do things they thought not allowed.
I remember that someone from QAT told me to communicate more with other BNs, but now i really see a reason to avoid communication with other BNs, lol.
HabiHolic

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
sad.
KSHR

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
From what I see, some of BNs should be more careful to bubble/rank. Actually some normal users reported me that. + I wonder when they realize that not only they but also other BNG members wanna give icons like they want.
Indeed it's sad to hear that BNG might have the icon limit per the user, but that probalby can't be helped considering how many BNG members osu! has.
Kurokami
Actually, only the heart icon should be limited. Allowing infinite bubble wouldn't hurt, someone else can still come and qualify that mapset. Limiting both might cause troubles in other modes where there is only a few BN working.
neonat
I honestly think this is just wrong. Sure, I'm glad it is trying to push to be a community-driven process, but with the caps and limitations this is just not making it possible, and none of these are going to be lifted, which makes me come to think that maybe the ranking process just isn't meant to be as such.

It's like you give driving licenses freely to those who qualify, but then you limit the amount of people who can drive to let's say 10 a day. Sure you allow them the chance to drive, but the constrictions just don't make the experience or process enjoyable, because everyone tries hard and jostles to get that chance, competing with other; it's inevitable, even if you try to calm things down.

Furthermore, if they rush to drive, such hastiness is more likely probably going to lead to more 'crashes'. No one would be pleased with that, especially those supervising the road.

Also I disagree that getting a ranked map is no longer a privilege or is something you shouldn't feel special about. It's something that inspires and motivates people, don't crush that hope away. It's something that honestly keeps the process alive and actually keeps people trying to rank stuff.


Just my random thoughts because I'm stuck somewhere waiting to get transport back to somewhere I can finally rest since Sunday.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Did you read the changelog? Only qualifications are technically limited.
Okoratu
but what neonat is talking about are - so I assume - the qualification limits
neonat
A limitation is still a limitation. If you want me to further elaborate my example, then I would say take the bubbling and all as exams. You can sure as hell pass many people to drive, but you still can't actually do the driving, which is limited.

Really, just my personal opinion. Look, it may be just one part of the role, which is nominating. But if it comes to a point where people have to WAIT to do something, because so many people can do it, and the restriction is not going to go away. It (the system) shouldn't be made for so many people then, because it simply isn't catering for the size.

Tl:dr - I just can't see this system working positively and well if the BNG keeps getting bigger
Kibbleru
start popping bubbles boiz
KSHR
Posting JP translation because the limit number of characters of a post doesn't let me edit the 2nd post..ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Thanks Guren no Yumika REDYUMiKA!

皆さんこんにちは。

私が最近気付いたように、このシステムがどのようにデザインされているのか、ということについて数多の誤解、そして総合的にはユーザの混乱がみられます。私はこれまでに生じた混乱が、極めて厳しい状況下に置かれていることを理解できます。特に、我々が既存のModdingシステムをスタッフ主導型からコミュニティ主導型へと変更したことが大きく影響していると言えるでしょう。(後ほど、私はこのことについて詳しく説明します。)

私はこのスレッドに詳細な説明を書き留めます、そして言語のカベを取り除くべく、それぞれの言語へと翻訳をします。ユーザであるあなた自身がシステムや現行の状態、そして今まで運用されている仕様と何が少しだけ異なるのか、ということを十分に理解して頂けることを期待します。

それでは始めましょう。

現在のシステムはどのように働いているのですか?


多くのユーザが既に知っているように、我々はModding v2と呼ばれるシステムの試験運用を行っています。一般に、我々はBeatmap Appreciation Team(以下:BAT)およびQuality Assurance Team(以下:QAT)と呼ばれる2つのユーザ群を有しており、その内のBATとは、Beatmapを推薦(Bubble、又はQualify)するための能力を発揮し得る、十分な活動性を示す選ばれたユーザによって構成されています。

BATがBeatmapを推薦するとき、彼らはosu!公式Beatmapの一部とするための”Go”サインを出します、そしてすべてのBeatmapは(常に初回はBubble、2回目はHeart - とはいえ、両者の扱いに違いはありませんが)”Qualified”段階へと移行するために、2人の推薦が必要になります。それゆえ、BATと共同推薦者は、彼らがosu!公式のBeatmapとして推薦するBeatmapをosu!スタッフに検討してもらうための具体的なBeatmapの申請を行います。我々はこの申請状態を”Qualified”段階と呼んでいます。この段階のあいだ、推薦されたBeatmapはスコアボードをさっそく獲得します。とにかく、osu!スタッフは数多くの申請を受け、そしてすべての推薦されたBeatmapが、私たちが所持することを望むosu!認定の登録リストに最適であるかどうか、確認をすることが必要になります。そして同時に、”Qualified”を得たBeatmapの過程が適切に処理されていたかどうか、或いはそのBeatmapがコミュニティによって適切な修正を受けていたかどうか、管理が必要になるでしょう。この段階から、QATが参加することになります。

QATとは明確に、osu!スタッフの一員です。彼らは送られた申請をチェックするための代表として指名されます。そしてBeatmapの問題を調べ、かつBeatmapが”Ranked”として相応しいか、相応しくないかを決定します。そのため、彼らにはBeatmapをチェックするための7日間という猶予が与えられています。何も起きることなく7日間が過ぎたとき、そのBeatmapは永久に”Ranked”のステータスを得ます。一方、そのBeatmapが間違いなく”Disqualified”を得たとき、ほとんどの場合でこれは推薦を無効とし、申請を退けることを意味しています。
QATは基本的にシステムを調整します。彼らはマッピングコミュニティに対して、QATとしての理想論を持ち込みませんが、すべての送られた申請が妥当かつ適切であること、またosu!が(主に”Ranked Beatmap”のみをプレイする)すべてのプレイヤーに対して、常に良いコンテンツを提供することを保証するための行為は行います。確かに、”Disqualification”とは別の意味で悪いものであるかもしれませんが、我々は送られた申請に対して自由に却下を行う権利があります。

”Disqualification”が発生したときは必ず、そのBeatmapの申請に声を上げたBATに対してペナルティが下されます。これは彼らが評価する推薦物に対して、BATとしての責任を持たせることを約束するものです。BATが際限なく申請を送ることを避けるため、我々は多くの不適切な推薦が確認されたとき、Beatmapを推薦する権限を無効とする方式でシステムをデザインしました。
さらに、何もせずにBATとして居据わる人を避けるため、BATが非アクティブであることが決定したとき、権限を無効とするシステムを実施します。何れにしても、BATがアクティブである以上に非アクティブであるときに限り、その役割からは解任されるでしょう。これは仮にBATが2年間アクティブで在り続け、同時にBATとして申請をした物の品質が十分満足し得るものであるならば、2か月間に渡り非アクティブとなることが自由であることを意味します。恐らくそのために内部評価は落ちるかもしれませんが、BATとしての能力を維持しているならば、そのような長い非活動期間の後でさえも、何の遅れも無く復帰することができるでしょう。

なぜ”Beatmap Appreciation Team”はosu!スタッフの一員として考慮されないのですか?


BATが結成された過程を思えば、それは難しいでしょう。今日では、基本的に誰もがBATになれるということを覚えておくべきです。スタッフの一員である。それは偏に、公衆でosu!の代理を行うひとりの代表人物であるということです。彼らは只のアクティブな”Modder”である以上に、より多くの特色が必要とされます。我々がこのコミュニティに対する貢献を高く評価すると同時に、あなたはBATがスタッフの一員でないことを真に理解するべきでしょう。

全体のシステムはコミュニティ主導型として調整されることになっています。これは、我々がModdingやQualifyingといった手順を、完全にコミュニティの手中に収めるということを意味します。十分な活動性を示すならば、誰もがBATとなり得るという事実の元に、このシステムは全く以てosu!スタッフに左右されることなく、”Qualified”段階まで進めることが可能とするMappingやModdingのコミュニティそれ自体によって運営されていると言っても過言ではありません。

しかしながら、このシステムはまだ調整されてはいません。というのはチャットルームのように、たとえコミュニティが自分の好きなように出来るものであるとしても、スタッフは出来事を監視しています。QATはBeatmapの管理に関わることすべてを調整し、更には何か間違った方向に向かっている場合、それらへの干渉を行います。もしすべてが正しければ、何も起こらず、すべて上手くゆくでしょう。

このシステムは、現在の制約のためにそれ自体がもたらす、明らかにすることのできない大きな可能性を秘めています。”どうすればBATになれるのか?” これこそ、この話の原点なのです。

全体の新しいBATの仕組みは、大部分が友達同士の行為であり、これが本当にコミュニティ主導型と言えるのでしょうか?


実際に、我々は投票においてある種の”小さな品質的な選考機能”を設けようとしましたが、これらは魅力的な人に対する投票であるとか、好意を持っている友達への投票、或いは自身の出身地域の人に対する投票(しかし、それはごく自然なことです。自分自身が最も良く知る人物なのですから)が大半を占め、そして既存のBATと友達でなく、かつ交流もない人は、彼らと顔見知りで彼らの間で良く知られた人と比較したとき、大きなハンディが存在する事実ゆえに、これはひどく失敗に終わったと言わざるを得ないでしょう。

投票システムはたったひとつの選考機能に委ねられていました、何故ならこのシステムは手動で管理されていたのですから。システムそれ自体は、登録されたユーザベース全体に適用されるようにデザインされています。これは我々がすべての一般ユーザが1,200のModdingポイントを打ち出しているかチェックしたいが為であり、もし条件を満たしていれば、彼らを促すだろうということです。しかしながら手動でこの計算(これは後に、自動化されます)を管理して以来、最初に誰をチェックすべきなのか?ということを我々が知るためにいくつかの選考を必要としました。

それゆえに、投票は単なる選考となったのです。我々は投票それ自体が意図したような働きを為さなかったと見なし、これらの変更(※下記参照)を検討しています。あくまで投票を民主的に行い、すべてをオープンすること。それこそが私の個人的な悲願でしたが、私の期待とは裏腹に、そうはならなかったのです。それでも、手動ですべての人をチェックすることが不可能であるというようなくだらない制約に囚われず、何か実施することに私は意義があると思います。

なぜ間違いをするだけで解任されるのですか?私たちは人間です。


それは正しいですが、ある意味では、間違いを犯した場合でも解任されるわけではありません。任を解かれた誰しもが、冷静さを取り戻したのち再びBATとして復帰することができます。このゲームにおいて権限を使えるようにするよりもむしろ、より多くの失敗を経験した方が良いかもしれません。自分がしたいことをするために、参加するも去るも、あなたの自由です。失敗をBATのポイントで贖い、はたまた成功がそのポイントをもたらすでしょう。十分なポイントを得た場合において、あなたの権限は使用できるようになるし、一定の基準を下回るたびに、権限は再び凍結されることになります。しかしながら、3か月間のクールダウンを経たのち、あなたは再び復帰することが可能です。

加えて、あなたの失敗の代償はあなたがBATに加わった時よりも高くなります。これはやや試験的な段階ですが、復帰者や新参者に適用されます。我々は、明らかな間違いを犯したことを理由に、絶えずして途中で辞めてしまわないように、そして復帰し、BATとしての活動が(これらの仕組みが妨害を受けない限り)続けられることを人々に約束させたいのです。

この総体的な問題は代償と呼ぶべき物とも遠からず、あなたのポイントをBeatmapに賭けるという風にも見なせます。あなたは賭けに成功しているときは、さらにポイントを得るでしょうし、ここで失敗をすれば何かを失うことにも繋がるでしょう。とにかく何も見ないまま賭けをすることは避け、あなたが推薦するBeatmapを適確にModをするべきです。十分な活動性を示さないケースに備えてポイントの減少仕様を実施した以上、あなたは一定の活動を継続しなくてはなりません。活動をしないこと、それは如何なる間違いを犯すことよりも罰せられる行為であり、それこそ、あなたが何かを危険を承知で行うとき、全く以て何もしなかったことがすべてあなたの損となります。

これらに囚われず、時折普通のユーザとしてModをするに留まるか、あなたは選ぶことが出来ます。この挑戦を受けてみたいかどうか、あなたの意思次第で決まるでしょう。

しかし、我々は何が良くて何が悪いのか分かりません。QATの行動を予測するには、あまりにも独断的で難しいではないですか!


正直なところ、我々はこの問題に取り組んでいる最中です。我々は早くも、明確で浸透しやすい基準、この挑戦のメンバーとしてあなたに例を示すならば、QATがチェックすること、彼らが無条件の”Go”サイン却下(一般にRanking Criteriaのこと)として検討すること、そして彼らが許可してよいこと、そうではないこと(そして特に、それらは何に依存しているのかということ)をデザインし始めています。

もはや、Ranking Criteriaは扱いにくいルールや旧式のガイドラインのみで構成されています。
ガイドラインやルールの背景にある理由は、長年の歳月を経て失われてしまいながらも、我々はすべての現行のガイドラインをより説明し易く、示し易い、例えば、なぜガイドラインが存在し、どんな場合がOKで、どんな場合がNGであるのか、というように、それらを刷新する予定です。QATがいつ自らで判断を下し、彼らが何に注意を払うのか、我々は説明し、案を練るでしょう。確かに、いくつかのガイドライン違反は、およそ”主観的”なものとして見受けられるかもしれませんが、少なくとも、このガイドライン違反が何らかの問題になる見込みがあるのか、特に、”いつ”そして”なぜ”問題となり得るのかという理由と共に、ユーザに伝えなくてはなりません。またユーザに対して、どのように注意を払い、どんな場合にBeatmapがガイドラインに抵触し、また”すべて完璧”であることを保証するためにどんなチェックをするのか、それらを理解してもらうために、ガイドラインを易しく作ります。これらのために、我々は現在のRanking Criteriaの改訂、多くの拡張、そして恐らく、まだユーザには示されていない、例えばBeatmapの状態がOKであるかそうでないかという合意点を見つけるため、QATがお互いに協議し合い、そして判断をし始めている箇所の、より漠然としたルールについても追加が必要と判断しました。

もう少しだけ、待っていて下さい。そこはとても、想像も付かないほどの有様です。
私も、この大きな問題を解決したいと心から願っています。

しかし、QATが同じBeatmapを2回”Disqualify”すれば、ペナルティを受けるのは他ならぬ私たちではありませんか!


これは内部手順の欠陥によるものです。QATは可能な限りの最短時間でBeatmapの問題を解決することに焦点を当てるように(そして、我々が最後の最後で”Disqualify”を避けたいように)、彼らの何人かはメタデータ上の問題で”Disqualify”する準備を始め、そしてその他の問題のために、Beatmapのチェックを止めます。我々は実際に、現行のBeatmapバージョンにおいて修正されることになっている包括的な問題を整理するという、ひとつの”Disqualifyする形態”を目指しています。“Requalified”を受けたバージョンが、元の”Qualified”バージョンでは存在しなかった新たな問題を内包していれば、そのBeatmapはきっと再び”Disqualify”を受けることになるでしょう。しかし我々は今、元来の”Qualified”バージョン上にあったすべての問題に渡って、複数の”Disqualify”を避けることに焦点を当てています。これはどのゲームモードについても言えることです!

現在のシステムに関する誤解はどこから始まったのですか?


それは主に、手動のメンテナンスから生じる現在の制約が発生していたこと、そして我々が築き上げた財産のために古い規則を以て慣例としていたこと、これら2つの異なる成り行きの結果です。
正直なところ、BATの名称を”BAT”として命名したことこそが我々の大きなミスでした。今でさえBATがosu!スタッフ、モデレータ、そして高い影響力を持つ選ばれた人々といった役割に属していることを暗示しているからこそ、我々は既に確立されたBATの行動範疇を、上位のQATという組織において制限を加えさせたのです。これらが、大きな誤解を生じさせています。さらなる混乱を避けるべく、我々はこのことについて(※下記参照)の変更を計画し、加えて、皆さんが新しいシステムに少しでも早く馴染めるように、今まで使われてきたような主に規格化されている”Bubble”、”Heart”、そして”Bubble pop”といった用語の使用を継続することを予定しています。これは実際の変更、それらに関連する何かを含む、旧式のシステムについて意味します。
これら手動メンテナンスの制約、適切さを欠いたRanking Criteriaや、(これは浸透しやすくするために思案中ではありますが)Quality Criteriaのために、すべてのことが独善的に感じられ、そしてBAT自身が抑圧され、罵られ、単なる使い捨ての奴隷のように扱われているとさえ感じさせてしまうのです。我々が行うことはすべて、“Qualification”の全体過程をコミュニティ全員にオープンとするため、そしてどんなものが推薦されるべきで、どんなものが然るべきではないのか、ということを皆さんに決めてもらうためです。とにかく、あなたは(これも広くはまだ知られていませんし、現在は変更を加えているものですが)品質面について改訂されたQATのチェックを通過しなければならないということです。独善的で、当てにならないそれらが現れることなく、歩み続けられるような方針を皆さんに対して示したいと思います。

なぜ私は”Beatmap Appreciation Team”から引退することができないのですか?


これはシステムがそのようにデザインされている訳ではないからです。”modding v2”では、あなたは権限を使えるようになるか、はたまた活動を行わない、或いは品質面で十分なパフォーマンスを示さない何れかの場合に、再びそれらの権限を失うことを意味しています。osu!スタンダードモードのランキングから去れない、すべてのパフォーマンスポイントを無かったことにできないように、あなたはBATから退くことはできませんし、BATポイントやKudosuを無かったことにもできません、そして再びゼロからスタートを切ることも不可能です。確かなことは、あなたが何も活動をしないことで、引退ができるということです。Beatmapの推薦を止めることも自由ですし、あなたが望むどんなときでも、Moddingを中断することができます。そしてあなたはBATポイントを失ったために、自動的にBATとしての資格を失うでしょう。我々はこの出来事が起こる前に警告を発しますが、それらは主に自動化されている最後の注意喚起に過ぎません。だからこそ、人々はそれを無為にしないだろうし、彼らが突然権限を失ったとしても驚きはしないでしょう。

しかし、我々は彼らが引退の要求を考えなしに乱用するような真似は認めません、それにシステムが手動メンテナンスされているからこそ、もしも我々がそれを受け入れてしまえば、途方も無いほどの、(特に多くのBATが誕生した暁には)仕事が舞い込んでしまうことになるのですから。

どのような変更を計画していますか?

  1. いちばん最初に、要らぬ混乱を避けるために、我々はフォーラムのBATから赤く色付けられたユーザネームを撤廃します。これは偏に、あなたが苦労して何かをすることに対する対価を取り消すようなものです。不幸なことに”赤い名前”こそが、BATがosu!のスタッフの一員であり、BATがコミュニティに対する支配感を与え、ついにはユーザベースから切り離された存在である、というような多くの誤解を引き起こしたのです。我々は、BATを一般のModdingコミュニティ、ユーザベースへ再統合するために、そしてBATが一般のユーザとなんら変わりなく、全体のシステムがコミュニティ主導型であることを明確化するために、BATに対する色での扱いを撤廃したのです。この変更は数日の後に適用されるでしょう。
  2. とにかく、あなたはフォーラムの範囲内において明確な違い、対価としての肩書きを維持できるでしょう。しかしながら、BATは今でもなお、事実上”チーム”として立案されている訳ではありませんから、このグループ名から”T”の文字を取り去り、誰もが”Beatmapの推薦者”を名乗ることができる”Beatmap Appreciators”として、新たに命名をしたのです。これは古い慣例のしがらみに囚われず、”Beatmap Appreciators”が”旧BAT”として活動していた場所がどこにも無いことを明確化するためなのです。この変更は数日の後に適用されるでしょう。
  3. ”Beatmap Appreciators”に対しては、他の形で対価を与えることを検討しています。ユーザカラーはosu!スタッフに対してのみ使用することが好ましいと判断されました。誰がosu!の公式人であるのか、そして誰がボランティア(それでも一般のユーザではあるが)であるのかを明確にしたいと思います。これは我々にとって重要なことであり、その結果ボランティアに対しては”肩書き”で対価を与え、そしてスタッフに対しては彼らの役職に応じて異なる”色”で分類したほうが良いと判断しました。我々が与えることができる対価がどんなものであるかを明確には言えませんが、嘘の約束はしません。
  4. Ranking Criteriaの改訂やQuality Criteriaの確立はQATが行います。これはすべての”Beatmap Appreciator”に対して、QATが何に目を向け、何に注意を払っているのか認識してもらうことを約束するためのものです。そしてそれは、あなたがより注意を払うべきこと、そしてどのようなことがあなた自身の決定により依存するようになるのか、ということを予測できるようになることが必要です。きっと、あなた自身で自らの高い水準を維持しようとするでしょう。それゆえ、如何なるBeatmapを推薦する前にあなた自身でよく考えてもらうために、我々は改訂されたガイドラインを配布するに留まります。
  5. 我々はすべてのRanking Criteriaのルールやガイドラインの記事を追加します、そしてすべてのルールやガイドラインを、”このルールはなぜ存在するのか?”・”なぜ他の場合は上手くないのか?”という説明と共に作り上げます。加えて、品質面や”Rank”しても良いとされる詳細な基準を、”このガイドラインがどのように働くのか?”・”たとえガイドラインに違反してしまったとしても、どの程度でBeatmapが扱われるのか?”という事例と共に、ガイドラインの説明をします。これは大きなプロジェクトであり、同時に我々はあなたの助けを必要としています。どんな助けでも、我々はとても歓迎します。
  6. 我々は”BATの推薦”から”BATの申請”へと方式を切り替えます。毎月の最終週7日間を、BATの申請日として開く可能性が高いでしょう。これは多くの人々を審査する必要が生じるために、この方式で事前選考を実施する可能性が高いことを示しています。しかし、それほど交流をもたない、或いは言語面において大きなハンディを抱える人々にとって、不利になるような投票手続きは完全に廃止したいと思います。時を迎え、そしてすべての準備が為されているとき、BATの申請をアナウンスするでしょう。我々は今月においてのみ、その方式を切り替える前に最新の投票結果に基づき、新しいBATを検討します。
  7. 我々はBATの間違っているルール、たとえば、「Beatmapが”Disqualify”されたとき、異なる”Beatmap Appreciator”が、そのBeatmapを”Reuqalify”することができない」というようなものを改訂します。実際これは間違っていて、誰も気にすることなく、誰もが何に対しても”Requalify”することが可能です。再び”Disqualify”を受けたとき、それは自身のBATポイントで代償を支払うというような危険性を孕んではいますが、これは真に、あなたの決断次第ということです。
DakeDekaane
I was thinking this for a while and came up with some stuff.

Don't race with other BNs, race with yourself. Did you do bad last month? Look back at what you did wrong and fix it for this month, you can get a high BN score with very few icons per month (I know this for my experience in January).

Afraid of getting your nomination DQ'd? Ask other BNs before doing anything. Other people may be able to see what you couldn't. Are you a lone-wolf? Be careful and check as many times as you feel like.

Afraid of getting kicked for low BN score? The minimum requeriments are just 3 icons per month (and if I'm not wrong, that's not even enforced), I don't know where this "I must keep iconing everyday to stay in BN". Just mod and throw icons to the maps that really deserve it and you'll find the cap will be not that low as you think.

Stop caring about BN score. Numbers won't say how good you are, that's something you know better than some chart with numbers.

Care about the map you're qualifying. With this 8-9 maps per day limit, and a map you qualified gets DQ'd, it's really annoying for the other people who wanted to qualify a mapset that day. Think twice before qualifying a map. Check twice. Do everything at least twice.

While this system seems to favour quantity over quality, it doesn't mean it should be like that. It's on your hands if you want it to be like that, or changing it to favour quality over all the things in the world.

I think I forgot some stuff while I was typing this *shrugs*
Myxo
Dekaane, it would be awesome if everyone could follow that, but since the BNG is getting bigger and bigger people will always do it their way.
All I want to say is, what you wrote is good, but it's not a solution for the current problems in BNG
Stefan

DakeDekaane wrote:

Stop caring about BN score. You want to help people, not your own interests.
fixed.
xxdeathx
Also I disagree that getting a ranked map is no longer a privilege or is something you shouldn't feel special about. It's something that inspires and motivates people, don't crush that hope away. It's something that honestly keeps the process alive and actually keeps people trying to rank stuff. 
This. Kurai, it was somewhat insensitive to downplay the prestige of getting a ranked map, because it still is a wonderful achievement that people damn well should be proud of. The increased size of the BNG doesn't do anything to diminish that, only makes it accessible to more people who might not have been able to get a hold of one at first. You can't compare ranked maps to MBC or charts, those are different things for different people. I sure don't participate in MBC because I'd have no fun mapping songs I didn't come across myself and can wholeheartedly dedicate myself to. But I do celebrate every rank I get and stalk the stats and feedback several times a day for quite a while afterward.
Kibbleru

xxdeathx wrote:

Also I disagree that getting a ranked map is no longer a privilege or is something you shouldn't feel special about. It's something that inspires and motivates people, don't crush that hope away. It's something that honestly keeps the process alive and actually keeps people trying to rank stuff. 
This. Kurai, it was somewhat insensitive to downplay the prestige of getting a ranked map, because it still is a wonderful achievement that people damn well should be proud of. The increased size of the BNG doesn't do anything to diminish that, only makes it accessible to more people who might not have been able to get a hold of one at first. You can't compare ranked maps to MBC or charts, those are different things for different people. I sure don't participate in MBC because I'd have no fun mapping songs I didn't come across myself and can wholeheartedly dedicate myself to. But I do celebrate every rank I get and stalk the stats and feedback several times a day for quite a while afterward.
i agree. Getting your first ranked map is always a major milestone c:


@Dake, i thought it was 2 per month
Topic Starter
Loctav
As we are adding an icon to your posts and profile, indicating your abilities, we had to remove the user title for now. this wasn't my decision
The icon should come as soon as possible.
Yuzeyun

Loctav wrote:

this wasn't my decision
I don't know why I quote this
xxdeathx
Looking forward to it!
No Dap
oh lord I got so scared x.x I thought I got kicked out..... orz
Kyubey
At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
Fycho

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
this
No Dap

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
lol
xxdeathx
Nah CDFA's the only one still in

Koiyuki
very nice

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
lol
Okoratu

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
hype
scanter

Okoratu wrote:

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
hype
hype
Sekai

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
Yeah, i hope so xD
Kayano

Minakami Yuki wrote:

very nice

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
lol
lalala
Xinely

Kyubey wrote:

At least ByBy_Chan won't find us that easily.
this
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply