forum

osu!'s Second Singing Collab - Nanairo

posted
Total Posts
show more
LucyToYou
There's a little glitch in the middle I didn't notice when I listened to it over again! I hope you can ignore it! I sang with the Nico Nico Douga medley for most of the clip so it should be in time!!
But here's my go! If I need to redo - say the word! And just for reference I did the third choice of songs.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/lucytoyouauditionforosu.wav

P.S If the link doesn't work - tell me also! But it works when I play it!
PlasticSmoothie
There's a little glitch in the middle I didn't notice when I listened to it over again! I hope you can ignore it! I sang with the Nico Nico Douga medley for most of the clip so it should be in time!!
But here's my go! If I need to redo - say the word! And just for reference I did the third choice of songs.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/lucytoyouauditionforosu.wav

P.S If the link doesn't work - tell me also! But it works when I play it!
YAAAY LUCY AUDITIONED! I shall not feel lonely now :D
Larto
Because of my still-not-wanting-to-end cold, I tried to sing with a deep voice now. It worked pretty well.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/lartoauditiondeep.mp3
Neo@lex
Oh wow, three people.
This is like, a new record.
I'll grab vyt tonight.
[/haiku]
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Larto: We liked your second piece better, though low pitch doesn't really suit you. Maybe somewhere between the middle? We'll work on that, as well as your pronunciation. Accepted.
LucyToYou: Pronunciation is good, with some minor slips (REFURAN, not REFRAIN! This is JAPANESE!). You have a very projected voice though, and we both liked that from you. Accepted.
MarioBros777: Neo and I agreed that you need a lot of work on pronunciation and tone. Sounds like you're uninterested or something. We're going to have a bit of a problem trying to put you in, as your voice isn't suited for solos and will probably fade out into the background with the others. Project your voice a lot further, and pronounce the syllables more clearly. Withheld.
Lilac
Though I do admit that when I sung this, I was really shaky on the lyrics. On top of that, I decreased the volume via Audacity on my singing as well which may have affected the result.

However, I do argue that I am interested in doing this, though it may not sound like it. I'll see if I can try harder (this didn't come as natural as Kumikoyku, I'm shaky with almost all the lyrics for this song.)

I do have to ask which is audition piece is more suited to me...
Neo@lex
In the second one, you sound kinda bored, and it seams as though your voice is more cut out for faster parts. In the first one, your pronunctiation was off a lot, and the lyrics were out of time in a few places. I'd recommend redoing the first one (Tamashii no Refuran ect) after getting a bit more familiar with the lyrics, and putting a bit more emphasis on the high notes and the song transitions. Try listening to how other people (nicodou-ers) did it too, since the lyrics are extremely confusing at some points.
Wojjan
Yeah there was no possible way I could get all that singing done and maintain good grades at school and have a life.
I'd claim like one song or so in this one, but every audition part sucks.
Isn't there a part for people with a keen taste in music?
BECAUSE ELSE DISCRRRRIMINATION
hemi-related, the lyrics for Lion are all wrong.
Cuddlebun
never mind, I can't do this. my baaad
Neo@lex

Wojjan wrote:

stuff
Hi Wojjan.
I'd say don't audition if you don't like any of the songs, but you'll probably end up as a replacement for someone in the end anyway.
Also no they're not. They're the ones from both Nanairo and the actual song.

Also hi Tode.
Lilac

neo@lex wrote:

In the second one, you sound kinda bored, and it seams as though your voice is more cut out for faster parts. In the first one, your pronunctiation was off a lot, and the lyrics were out of time in a few places. I'd recommend redoing the first one (Tamashii no Refuran ect) after getting a bit more familiar with the lyrics, and putting a bit more emphasis on the high notes and the song transitions. Try listening to how other people (nicodou-ers) did it too, since the lyrics are extremely confusing at some points.
It's kinda surprising because I actually know the lyrics for Celluoid etc. more well than Tamashii no Refuran.

I'm actually going to try both again, without doing any audio editing.
Wojjan
RETCON

I'll be auditioning with the second part.
I'm claimign that english song near 1 minute in (whatever it is), those kirby things, red zone, and whatever else you'll throw at me.
Sleep Powder

Wojjan wrote:

RETCON

I'm claimign that english song near 1 minute in (whatever it is), those kirby things, red zone, and whatever else you'll throw at me.
Heavenly staa-- oh wait not that song?
near 1 minute hmm...could be
No border between us~

I'll record my audition again on the weekend when there isn't people here
Derekku

Wojjan wrote:

I'm claimign that english song near 1 minute in
00:38 - Heavenly Star ??

??? The next english song is Septette for the Dead Princess after 2:00 so...
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Wojjan wrote:

RETCON

Funny that you're claiming songs when we haven't even accepted you yet.
Wojjan
well I got in the first time when looking at okkusenman's lyrics for 20 seconds so I think I'll do fine ;P
Topic Starter
vytalibus
My only bump for this.

If this thread falls in the second page again, I'll do the singing by myself :3
Xanek
Then it wouldn't be much of a collab, and wouldn't be as epic
PlasticSmoothie
You had people for a 1st one, right?
Now, everyone.. Don't neglect this epic idea ):
Sleep Powder
Hmm I still need a better microphone...
LilyPichu
Still waiting patiently~ :(
Takuma
Is it alright if I still try out?
First try doing this one so it's kinda bad, but whatever. I messed up here and there. = 3= I also apologize for it being in .mp4 form. I was forced to because I don't have a working mic at the moment and, well, this is the best I can do. Hope you like it.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/20100604164007.m4a
Xanek
@Takuma Wow, sounds good, better than what I could do *hell anyone can sing better than me*
Takuma
haha, thankyou (:
Cheery
YEAH LEIGH YOU ARE GOOD :)

what ever happened to the first one D: ?
Takuma
lmao, hi cheerryyyy <3

& what do you mean ?
Xanek
Which part of Nanairo is the "climax" part, to where it would seem like a perfect place for all the singers to sing? since i heard the 1st singing collab and the part that i found the "climax" only had 2 people singing and I was sad ;-;
Neo@lex
Nanairo's "climax" part is a rush of songs from older NicoNico medleys. Everyone will sing at that part, but not all at once.
Although the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICONICODOUUUGAAAAAAAAA bits at the end will probably have everyone singing.

Also I've been trying to get hold of vyt. Give me a while.
Xanek
Well you sorta got what I meant but let me rephrase what I meant, I mean like parts where it is suitable where everyone that is singing comes together and makes certain parts sound awesome, not only the ending
Takuma
Hey neo!
Hey, hey, hey neo!
What do you think of my audition? ^__~
Neo@lex

Xanek wrote:

Well you sorta got what I meant but let me rephrase what I meant, I mean like parts where it is suitable where everyone that is singing comes together and makes certain parts sound awesome, not only the ending
Well let's see....
WHEREVER WE ARE
VIVA SAMURAI
DEMO TSUTAETAI NO KONO KIMOCHI DEATTE KURETE HONTO NI ARIGATOU
KIRA~☆
PAO PAO PAO PAO
TAMASHII NO REFURAN
HAKATA NO SHIO
TSUKI MADE TODOKE
and I guess NIIIIICONICODOUUGAAAAAAAAA.

Takuma wrote:

Hey neo!
Hey, hey, hey neo!
What do you think of my audition? ^__~
You ate it all, didn't you?
Takuma
I ate what?!
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Takuma: - A bit flunctuating on the notes, but generally good. Needs to work on pronunciation just like most of the singers. Be careful on the emphasis of notes; you don't want to make it sound like the notes are sliding. Still, neo and I think you're qualified enough now. Accepted.
Takuma
Lilac
No.

No second page.
PlasticSmoothie
This thread is now my Skype status... I hope more people from my Skype will audition soon.... there's a lot of singers in there.
SPOILER
And this totally isn't a bump btw

Starrodkirby86
Shouldn't rush/sing during the night :A

http://up.ppy.sh/files/mymilkshakebring ... heyard.mp3
Derekku
Bump for Kirby *O*
Neo@lex
Vyt's computer is being gay at the moment.
Hopefully we'll be able to continue soon.
Lilac
I still need a proper time to redo mine.

Scratch that.
show more