forum

C++ & beatmapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Been playing around lately making maps with codes, and fucking around. Finally uploaded it yesterday but it's still a WIP and I'll be adding new shit as I get more ideas.

So far, there's 6 diffs (used to be 8, I put some of them together though)
The one's that I highly recommand playing are Binary and Waves, OhEmGee has pretty much all the small little things in it so that too.

WARNING: Waves (and maybe Binary) might crash your game, as they are very CPU intensive

Here are the diffs and some SS for each:

1. APPROACHCIRCLES (4.61 stars, 1710 notes)
  2. SLIDERBAWLZ (4.5 stars, 511 notes)

3. PI (0.64 stars, 1199 notes)
  4. BALL & DONUTS (1.25 stars, 7 notes)
  5. COUNT (4.72 stars, 157 notes)
    SPOILER
    This one is a challenging map. It's based on constant rhythm (1/2 through the entire thing) but with random spacing. It plays better with HR on and it's quite hard, but it's possible and enjoyable for some people ;)
  6. Binary (4.72 stars, 23571 notes)
  7. LONGSLIDER (5 stars, 1 notes)
    SPOILER
    This is one looong slider, it's to practice consistency and hand movements, It's actually more enjoyable (and less boring) in DT. Try getting as high score as you can. My best was ~1800.
  8. OhEmGee (5 stars, 194 notes)
  9. WAVES (-85125.97 stars, 845 notes)

I don't mind sharing the codes if requested, and if you have any ideas, go ahead :>

Instructions on how to play and everything is in the thread:
viewtopic.php?t=24428

How to play each diff:
Pi: NoFail (there's not much to see here, just an experiment. Each circle you see is a digit of Pi)
Ball: NoFail (Might want to DT if you're impatient)Yea IO
SliderBawlz: NoFail and watch
ApproachCircles: NoFail and watch (Also looks amazing with Auto)
Binary: NoFail and just watch
Count: HR (it's harder without it)
Donuts: NoFail
Gravity: NoFail
Longslider: normal but it's more fun with DT
OhEmGee: Might want NoFail but it's possible without
Waves: NoFail and just watch
Gabi
there is actually another guy who made a map with all the numbers from PI using codes. map is 60 minutes i think, cbf searching for it. you got some interesting things aswell
Derekku
Pfff, that other one is lame. Ph0X, THIS is cool :3
awp
It's visually appealing, if nothing else
Topic Starter
Ph0X

awp wrote:

It's visually appealing, if nothing else
I definitely didn't make this for the visuals. It's purpose is to bring hard maps for high rankers.

Gabi wrote:

there is actually another guy who made a map with all the numbers from PI using codes. map is 60 minutes i think, cbf searching for it. you got some interesting things aswell
Like this? :>
Loginer

Gabi wrote:

all the numbers from PI
GladiOol
COUNT with hard rock = win <3
I'm so going to FC it one time~
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Gladi wrote:

COUNT with hard rock = win <3
I'm so going to FC it one time~
It's actually way easier with approachcircles.
I had to make them tiny because of Binary, and since you can't set per diff skin, it was either binary or count.
I've added them back though because figure, binary looks even cooler with big approaches so redownload.
Arusha Shuna

also ryuuta can't even catch a single fruit in the middle of the fruitfall and on
Jinxy
Oddly enough, I survived Waves but Binary was a lag-a-thon.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
@Arusha: Oh god, I should try messing with CtB and Taiko some day.
This is what I'm working on now though.

Small previw ;)
Jinxy
Are those... approach circles?
Topic Starter
Ph0X
100 of them, and combo colors go bright -> dark -> bright

More preview for you guys :>

I'll keep it to this ;)
You'll have to play to see the rest.
Well it's gonna be released soon :P
anonymous_old
Mapping in 1/3? How dare you!
Topic Starter
Ph0X
B-but those are 1/16 at ~200bpm :<
Actually, the faster ones are done with ms's and it's so fast that I didn't bother getting it synced with the bpm as you won't even be able to hear the difference.
Arusha Shuna
auto did 770 max combo in [OhEmGee] while i did 1099 max
and i didn't see auto mod miss. only strange how auto mod's combo rises slower than normal in the long 1/16 (?) 150BPM slider (around the beginning of the song)

and also in a spinner barrage. u just have to click and move your mouse few a bit and the release your click, you'll get the whole spinners

EDIT: i didn't die in [LONGSLIDER]when the life bar runs out even w/o no fail?
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Arusha Shuna wrote:

auto did 770 max combo in [OhEmGee] while i did 1099 max
and i didn't see auto mod miss. only strange how auto mod's combo rises slower than normal in the long 1/16 (?) 150BPM slider (around the beginning of the song)

and also in a spinner barrage. u just have to click and move your mouse few a bit and the release your click, you'll get the whole spinners

EDIT: i didn't die in [LONGSLIDER]when the life bar runs out even w/o no fail?
Great find on that OhEmGee slider combo, but holyshit did you actually FC it o.o?

LongSlider is actually the first one I made and I noticed that bug which is why I left it like is. Pretty much, you cannot die during the very first slider of the map, or something like that. So technically there's no way of failing it :P
Arusha Shuna

Ph0X wrote:

Great find on that OhEmGee slider combo, but holyshit did you actually FC it o.o?
easy mod lol
hell yea imma noob :P
-----------------------------------------------
EDIT:woohoo more bug. Automod is showing a neverending break at the end of [LONGSLIDER]diff taiko mode. However when added w/ no fail mod (auto+no fail). it WILL end
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Two new diffs (well 3, but you can ignore pi, was just an experiment)

Updated OP with couple screenshots, but you'll have to play to see it all ;)
Also, you'll have to redownload as some skin element have changed.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
lolbump

this one is an idea from strager
here's his version

and here's mine

timeline art~
show more