forum

Reverting unuploaded maps after testing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +162
Topic Starter
0_o
Testplaying a map requires saving it. This makes sense, but one problem with this is that once you click Test, you cannot revert any changes made prior to that. This isn't a huge problem for maps that are uploaded since there is a backup online, but it leaves maps that aren't quite vulnerable. I recently made a stupid mistake that ended up with me deleting my half-finished map and testing it, and since it isn't uploaded there is absolutely nothing that can be done to retrieve it. Is there any way to make it so you can undo actions that occurred before testing?
Azure_Kite
I've been wondering about this, too. Support
anonymous_old
I support either versioning or keeping the undo stack after a playtest.
Torran
Support~!
Luvdic
Support!

There's been so many times that I just wanted to test how a pattern works out during test play, and when I didn't like how it ended up, I just have to rage about it for not being able to revert it
Sakura
Why not redownload/update to wipe out all Local changes?
theMikeAG
Because as 0_o Said, this is for maps that Haven't been submitted, and therefore don't get online backup.
Sakura
Then upload them to WIP?
Dragvon
Some people have tons of unsub maps that they map "just for fun"... Uploading every one of them would be a problem, plus the upload limit~

However, on those cases I just export the .osz and save it somewhere else, or make a new diff.
Topic Starter
0_o
1) You can't if you've exhausted your WIP limit
2) Some people (like myself) don't like uploading maps until there has been considerable progress, since not everything that I start mapping I'll end up finishing, due to loss of interest, mapping difficulty, etc.
Suimya
I'm supporting this ~
Luvdic
Besides, having to update your map everytime you want to test a pattern is rather tedious. And even more when you want to make a particular "stack" perfect.
TheVileOne
OMG why has this been ignored. Get right on this someone, anyone. The number one most annoying thing in mapping is not being able to undo changes after a test.
Bites
100% agree, keeping undo stack after a playtest would be brilliant!
congaan
this is a bit similar my request.
add quick save/load system on mapping. it will help for accident.
i don't know the best word to explain my request. maybe people who play eroge can understand this soon.
if we tried mapping and testing some jump/rhythm patterns on the same part, it is hard to back oldest or unique or best formation.
so...
1st quick save for 1st pattern.
2nd quick save for 2nd pattern.
3rd...4th...5th.......
if i like 3rd pattern, I can "quick load" for 3rd pattern whenever, then back that formation immediately. mapping is Kouryaku.
quick save is not real save, just handy backup.
TheVileOne
Topic is under-appreciated.
TheVileOne
^^^^

Please add this....

This not being added to the game is so frustrating. I would be super grateful if it were included in the game. Sometime I don't even feel like fixing parts of my map, because the game doesn't support this feature. Retain the undo history after a save. It would save me so much time.
Blue Stig
Yes please!
D33d
I'd definitely like to see this. If nothing else, how about a backup/previous versions feature?
Raging Bull
idk about you guys, but I tend to use export osz instead of uploading it instead as a means of saving it.
show more