Amazing work from both
Thanks for looking at the storyboard! I'm still pretty new to this whole storyboard thing so I appreciate every feedback. Will fix some things after I get back from classes.
inverness wrote:[ General]
- can use a slight background fadein at the beginning of the map i guess Ok
- in my opinion tbh, the way you used a 1366px wide line.png for almost all rectangle-sprites purpose is just technically unoptimized. all you do is draw lines, boxes, and that ripple thingy whatever you call it. do you know you can just use a 1x1px white sprite and rescale it the way you want and the result will still be the same? Ah, ok. I had bad time with up-scaling things so I made a overly big line and scale them down. I'll change them
- the diary/text/whatever thingy on 03:18:766 - maybe you can tune down the opacity of the blue lines a bit (fade out) and oh yeah the last textline is unreadable because spinner rip, I'm not sure how to fix the spinner thing but I'll change the opacity.
- that was me talking about visual and technical aspects, now on to the core of the storyboarding itself; the meaning aspect. again these are my subjective opinions in which you might not agree with but I think it's okay for you (and maybe for some others) to take a read I tried to storyboard to the lyrics of the song
- what does the teardrops and ripples have to do with anything? There's a part in kiai about tears, and I thought it would be nice to bring it over here because it fits nicer from the mood.
- why halo on girl's body? it doesn't make any sense for me Yeah, I guess it doesn't really have any meaning, just thought it would look nice because I've been told in the last storyboard I made that the kiai wasn't standing out enough. Just another stuff to differentiate from the other parts. Same thing for the wave thing, that was the best sound visualizing effect that I came up with
with the help of certain storyboardthat kind of feel calm. I'll try to think more about them in the future storyboards.
- heart pulses? ain't we usually see these kind of stuff in a cheerful, happy, energetic song :0 The lyric here talks about playing together, so I tried to express it with 3 hearts with colors of Rentaro, Enju, and Tina (characters in anime)
- talking about overall intentions and meaning of this storyboard, for me, I personally feel that these scenes (teardrops, ripples, far-east-nightbird-visualizer-thingy-that-waves thing, etc) just didn't make any sense, it doesn't reflect anything neither the bg nor the song :/ for me storyboards should at least depicts or visualizes the song's atmosphere, meaning, or anything related to it. storyboards ain't about niceties nor decoration, it's about expression. I admit, this storyboard is awesome in a first glance, nice job you have and I respect your hardwork, but admittedly the storyboard just feel empty for me.
- keep in mind that all above is a subjective opinion from me, no obligations forced at all or anything. forgive me if I might offend anyone here, i just feel like writing these here :/
Gaia wrote:heyhey captin so im here
luv u to death Koinuri
jaw dropping sb
i r8 111/10
01:46:472 - 03:02:708 - 04:23:002 - can u maybe make the ring that's behind the girl not visible? it looks weird seeing through the girl's body >: Yeah, girl's body slowly fades away so ring becomes visible even at 99% opacity :/. I'll try to figure out a way to fix it.
01:46:472 to 01:59:178
did u get lazy here lol. black bg works in the normal since there's a break, but in the hard it doesn't because players still have to keep playing so it doesnt make sense for there to be black bg I have to use black screen here to make the transition more natural since in kiai time, the bg slowly scrolls down (and I thought it fits the song). I guess I'll have to come up with some effects and stuff in here to fill the screen
so um fav part of the storyboard is 00:00:000 - to 04:30:733 <3
okey im just guna save this mp3 dont mind me
yup good luck have fun!~ C: