forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
Met a friend after more than a year and talked about history with her over 3 hours on the street. We came to some major conclusions, which made both of us a bit more knowledgeable.
EineKrone
Keeping my daily walks, being less worried, searching for internship/apprenticeship slots, read an amazing short rant from a friend which calmed me.
HaruryuuSan
Syui
By recently joining the game XD
Katze
Went shopping
Birdy
Man, I really miss the first few pages when people actually cared enough to elaborate. Short posts evoke no emotions in me, sorry guys.

Either way, there are several things about me again. First, but probably the least, I finally have a new computer. Stuff, such as games and internet socializing, video and graphic editing should and will be more accessible and less frustrating in the future. Not sure about music producing as I don't have too much of my motivation anymore/yet. But hey, at least now I can keep myself occupied even outside osu! and real life stuff (I mean video editing has always been nice and Hearthstone already started addicting me).

Secondly, I've actually started being more social in real life, hence my latest inactivity. New friends, reuniting with old friend(s) and all that. I still do have several people from my school who I'd like to get to know better (or in some cases get to know them at all, for example, if I talked to them only once and even that was months ago). Socializing is really cool, even with more than just a few great friends. Guess increasing quantity in smaller amounts doesn't necessarily mean decreasing quality.

Thirdly, school. I'm actually doing better in school, with matriculation exams incoming and me spending time and putting effort in studying. Most of the time 75 minutes per day, but I do admit slacking off every now and then. Not much time for that now that I have only 9 days left, though. Also I'm doing well in Swedish FINALLY after 5 years, also still doing well in psychology (probably forever since that's the most interesting stuff ever) and hopefully in biology, which should be one of my last mandatory courses in high school.

So yeah. In short, putting more effort in valuable stuff and stepping out of comfort zone actually does good to your life and I'm sure I won't regret what I've been doing to myself lately. Also I've started eating more healthily (eating less shit and more proper food, though still not enough fruits and vegetables) which I guess will definitely not ruin my life in 40 to 50 years.
Aurani
Probably because rarely anyone gives two fucks about entire blocks of text. I would write 3 bloody pages if I had the time and people cared enough, but nowadays (with all the new mongrelic children) no one really reads it, so the only viable purpose of this thread is venting.
Birdy
Man, I really miss the time when people gave two fucks about entire blocks of text.
Aurani
I still read your blocky block, if you care. :V
Tampons
Lately what I've been doing is "forgetting" money as change in those self checkout machines and trying to make someones day.

Also, buying the person behind me in line something on the menu. ^^

I have terrible anxiety, but it makes me happy that I can make them happy. I'm so awkward in person. ; n ;
MelodyAlexander
Recently i have been trying to follow my dreams of being a prominent member of the gaming community.
I have been streaming more often, playing more games and focusing on trying to become a competitive league player.
I have also stopped trying to place blame on others in situations while trying to improve. I no longer blame my team, controller game client or lag for me doing bad because the only thing i can really honestly control is how well i do as an individual. I have stopped myself from becoming very angry as well by trying to relax and just have fun when i play game. I've been working to save money as well for future events and have even booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Canada who i have been with for well over 4 years!

I have become more outgoing, more friendly and kind to others as well.
I used to be a really shy and introverted not really wanting to talk, make friends or do anything but now that i've discovered what i want i have worked on my social skills and learned to make friends even if the worse type of situations or stages in my life. And although i still dislike parts of my job, i deal with and work to better myself and to help provide for the family i live with.

Through the years on the internet while gaming i have met some amazing people and some of the best of friends and i have also lost some good friends as well. This place is amazing and all the great moments I have had and will have i will remember for the rest of my life and i'm glad i could have so many great moments. The people i meet and the friends i make are what motivates me to become a better person and live out my own dreams.

tl;dr
I'm doing what I want and what I love and bettering myself with the help of my friends and people i meet.
Birdy

Comonculus wrote:

Recently i have been trying to follow my dreams of being a prominent member of the gaming community.
I have been streaming more often, playing more games and focusing on trying to become a competitive league player.
I have also stopped trying to place blame on others in situations while trying to improve. I no longer blame my team, controller game client or lag for me doing bad because the only thing i can really honestly control is how well i do as an individual. I have stopped myself from becoming very angry as well by trying to relax and just have fun when i play game. I've been working to save money as well for future events and have even booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Canada who i have been with for well over 4 years!

I have become more outgoing, more friendly and kind to others as well.
I used to be a really shy and introverted not really wanting to talk, make friends or do anything but now that i've discovered what i want i have worked on my social skills and learned to make friends even if the worse type of situations or stages in my life. And although i still dislike parts of my job, i deal with and work to better myself and to help provide for the family i live with.

Through the years on the internet while gaming i have met some amazing people and some of the best of friends and i have also lost some good friends as well. This place is amazing and all the great moments I have had and will have i will remember for the rest of my life and i'm glad i could have so many great moments. The people i meet and the friends i make are what motivates me to become a better person and live out my own dreams.

tl;dr
I'm doing what I want and what I love and bettering myself with the help of my friends and people i meet.
Oh man, I'm happy for you. I know what it's like to overcome intense shyness (though I'm not even nearly 100% over that stuff myself), so that's really good for you! Also good luck for the gaming adventures and more importantly job motivation.
MelodyAlexander

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Oh man, I'm happy for you. I know what it's like to overcome intense shyness (though I'm not even nearly 100% over that stuff myself), so that's really good for you! Also good luck for the gaming adventures and more importantly job motivation.
The hardest thing for me though is that i'm not entirely happy with my job. In highschool i had some really bad issues when it came to gaming. I skipped a lot of school to play Osu! or Grand Chase all day and didn't get nearly anything from it other then a low GPA and an almost impossible acceptability into college. If i could go back and just change one thing i life it would be to take schooling more serious and actually decide to go to college and get a job doing something I love. Being a shoutcaster and casting livestream games would be a dream job but honestly streaming, graphics design and being a theater usher will have to do for now.
Treekii
I've told my relatives about the extent of my anxiety. After 4 years of doing nothing about it I see this as a big step. I could write a huge wall of text about the entire situation but I'd rather not now.
Yuudachi-kun
Played more
chaee
Played less
GAMI
make my friend become shotacon
olivia272
I have taken things slower.
Wickedsharkz
Used 2.2 sensitivity
HaruryuuSan

Wickedsharkz wrote:

Used 2.2 sensitivity
I suggest that you keep it 1x

OT: Learnt a few concepts in physics
Fezzes_old
Stopped playing mmorpgs
Started to think myself as a human being who can have good things in his life
Dyed my hair pink and now I don't hide the fact that I'm otaku
And generally I'm trying to be more accepting person..
For myself and other people
Necturion

Fezzes wrote:

Dyed my hair pink and now I don't hide the fact that I'm otaku
I wish I had this kind of self confidence :( I want to dye my hair white or darkblueish (almost black) but I am too scared how others will react or that I am getting bullied again o(〒﹏〒)o

What did I do to better myself... I watched many documentarys about (Chinese) internet addiction instead of let's plays. I spent waay to much time on youtube, thus I reduced it and watch educational videos instead. I also studied a bit of psychology in my free time
-Makishima S-
Rewatched AKB0048, took out all tears from eyes and realized how low amount of work and effort i was putting into my daily life.
Time to work harder and put some love into everything what i am doing ^^.

You can consider this as recommendation xD
Yuudachi-kun

Kheldragar wrote:

Played more
Pawsu

CanadianPaws wrote:

I recently heard some good advice, even though it wasn't really directed to me, but it inspired me.
"I just don't care. You shouldn't care either. Just do what you want without doing something stupid, Im using instinct"
this helped some how, I always over worry and i'm so anxious at times, and idk, hearing this brought some closure
with that, I hope to become stronger by not worrying and put my trust in others
along with "I just don't care. You shouldn't care either. Just do what you want without doing something stupid, Im using instinct" I also think understanding what this means will better me "this is all temporary."
Szymek
Talk in my sleep "Dream".
GSG95
Tried to do my work for once.
Ochinchi-sama
Proposed to each one of my 95 mistresses.
Mahogany
I have clicked many circles and bettered my rank by a large amount
Zuikaku
Picked up Guitar and have made plans for studying sessions so that I can actually improve my math score :lol:
Cloudchaser
get rid of everything from my ex-boyfriend~
YesYeV
What have i done lately to better myself?

-sev
Nothing.
Conor
EneT
I gave precisely one inch worth more of effort into making my sig
Yoshiii133
Went for a jog. Didn't felt like dying for once.
PikaCienna
hmm. watch anime :idea: , eat snacks :) , sleeps 2 am :D , wakes up 5 pm :oops: , do it again :!: :?: .
Mafuuu
Not a lot of people are making long posts... This is unnerving me a little but I like reading random life shorts so I'll say mine too. BEWARE TEEN MELODRAMA. (a pain to read indeed)
It's embarrassing so I'll put it in a box
A few weeks ago, I graduated from high school. Now my classmates, teachers, and schoolmates aren't what I would consider 'close'. This isn't because I hate them or can't communicate, I make satirical comments every time they'd try to initiate conversation and keep it up for a good 3 minutes before I got bored. Yep, I'm genuinely get sleepy during any conversation irl. Communication is a tiresome thing, the longest I've been with a classmate straight was probably 2 hours, but that was during a chess match so it isn't really counted is it? It's surprising since I've been with most of them for 10 years and still don't feel any connection.

And yet when I saw all of them grouped up in 2's and 3's during graduation crying or talking about how they'd plan to meet up after awhile and it just kinda made me feel really bad for being the one kid bugging the teacher asking if I could go home yet. I felt that I should've opened up to them more. Or at the very least, I should've tried instead of letting myself fall asleep. There were actually some of them who tried to befriend me. I called friendship out to be BS at the time but I'm starting to realize I was wrong now.

So recently, yesterday that is, I've finally made a small effort by saying yes to one of their proposals to 'hang out'. It's kinda sad but this'll be my first time going out of the house on a trip with people that isn't mandatory for school. I can't even believe that they'd ask the kid who only made snarky remarks at the teacher every once in awhile to hang out. I'm really happy to have had nice people like that during school. I'd probably slap myself if any of them saw this though. Heh.

I'll try my best!
RIP my anti-social streak
EneT

Mafuuu wrote:

Not a lot of people are making long posts... This is unnerving me a little but I like reading random life shorts so I'll say mine too. BEWARE TEEN MELODRAMA. (a pain to read indeed)
It's embarrassing so I'll put it in a box
A few weeks ago, I graduated from high school. Now my classmates, teachers, and schoolmates aren't what I would consider 'close'. This isn't because I hate them or can't communicate, I make satirical comments every time they'd try to initiate conversation and keep it up for a good 3 minutes before I got bored. Yep, I'm genuinely get sleepy during any conversation irl. Communication is a tiresome thing, the longest I've been with a classmate straight was probably 2 hours, but that was during a chess match so it isn't really counted is it? It's surprising since I've been with most of them for 10 years and still don't feel any connection.

And yet when I saw all of them grouped up in 2's and 3's during graduation crying or talking about how they'd plan to meet up after awhile and it just kinda made me feel really bad for being the one kid bugging the teacher asking if I could go home yet. I felt that I should've opened up to them more. Or at the very least, I should've tried instead of letting myself fall asleep. There were actually some of them who tried to befriend me. I called friendship out to be BS at the time but I'm starting to realize I was wrong now.

So recently, yesterday that is, I've finally made a small effort by saying yes to one of their proposals to 'hang out'. It's kinda sad but this'll be my first time going out of the house on a trip with people that isn't mandatory for school. I can't even believe that they'd ask the kid who only made snarky remarks at the teacher every once in awhile to hang out. I'm really happy to have had nice people like that during school. I'd probably slap myself if any of them saw this though. Heh.

I'll try my best!
RIP my anti-social streak
lel
This is actually legit though so I clap to you well done
*clap* *clap* *clap*
-sev
Apart from taking walks every day

Conor wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

Nothing.
show more