forum

Full storyboard / Mania Map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hi there, i wanted to present a full storyboarded Mania map, which influence the gameplay.

Here are some Pics about, how it looks like.

On this beatmap u just have to click the right key, when the circles reach the end Point, basically the same as mania.
The Background shows which Keys (DW JI) u have to press for which Column. (Basic setting for the required skin)
i've decided to use this "uncommon" key config, because it felt alot of easier to get used to it, than using configs like SD JK.

To play this proberly you will need to use a certain skin and enable storyboard/background.

Beatmap and Skin are both included in the Dropbox link.
(The Beatmap is made by me, but i want to thank Combinatorix for the skin and the idea about the possibility on making full storyboarded beatmaps)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2vahl2xtxvf ... s9ifY3dBpa

I'd really appreciate ur honest feelings about this idea, negative critics and ideas about improvements are ofc also welcome. :D
If i get some positive feedbacks on this beatmap, then i'll plan to create more of these (maybe together with some other mappers).

Btw, every tester needed at least a few mins to get used to be able to read it, so it's pretty normal that u might be confused at the beginning :D

There are just already 2 problems im aware of, but can't solve it.
1. - It seems to be impossible to create key responses (trigger effects, which shows the player, which key he just pressed).
2. - After using the skin and changing back to your old one, your Beats will appear to be very thin, so u need to restart osu.
Fullerene-
Scroll mods and mod reading in mania?

send help f1 f1
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Fullerene- wrote:

Scroll mods and mod reading in mania?

send help f1 f1
Hmm sry im not quite sure what u mean with send help f1 f1 ^^
Drace
It's pretty cool from a creative standpoint. But other that there's not much use to it. First of all it's not a vsrg anymore so it's kindof floating around in the wrong community. And the lack of the basic game functions makes this result in a... sketchy experiment at most.

It's very cool that this was done though. It may open doors to more creative uses of the storyboard. But it's not really something that can become "a thing" within osu!mania.

All in all, good job making this. I found it pretty interesting ^^
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Drace wrote:

It's pretty cool from a creative standpoint. But other that there's not much use to it. First of all it's not a vsrg anymore so it's kindof floating around in the wrong community. And the lack of the basic game functions makes this result in a... sketchy experiment at most.

It's very cool that this was done though. It may open doors to more creative uses of the storyboard. But it's not really something that can become "a thing" within osu!mania.

All in all, good job making this. I found it pretty interesting ^^
But yeah i neither think this could become something major, just maybe some kind of "fun map" ^^
Xcrypt
cool
Kamikaze
It reminds me of Technika style maps, that were created on std a long time ago (like this one)
Cool thing!
Topic Starter
IamBaum

-Kamikaze- wrote:

It reminds me of Technika style maps, that were created on std a long time ago (like this one)
Cool thing!
ty : )
Ahh yep that is true, the beat map u posed did basically the same :D