forum

I made a bot that recommends beatmaps. Try it!

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
Any plans to include support for mania?
chica emo
Tillerino always tells me "I've reccomended everything I can think of. Try again to start over!
What i can do?
trexex55
gave me great suggestions. Thanks!
oquotron
<3 I use it all the time :D
I'm really enjoying it so far.
Fateburn
I'm not sure what happened, but doesn't it support EZ?

I really need it on this map
GrilledCheeese
As someone mentioned earlier, it would be great if there would be support for Mania and other game modes.

Thank you for this great bot, I use it for Osu! often.
silmarilen

Fateburn wrote:

I'm not sure what happened, but doesn't it support EZ?

I really need it on this map
it can only give you info on mods that have enough scores, obviously that map has next to no ez scores so it doesnt know the values
mulraf
wow. my deepest appreciations for this.
this is one of the best things i found in a while now!

- it finally made me feel rewarded again. since the introduction of the pp system, which i think is good as it rewards you for being good and not for being addicted, even though that made me worse, i always felt really bad when i do good at maps but still just see some - in ranking. it's nice to see that if you try hard you get better in your ranking.
- i feel like this bot recommends GOOD beatmaps. in terms of mapping. i only tried it on two maps so far (i try to get the best i can on the recommendations). but i just love them. they could be some of my favorites and i played like 5.000 different beatmaps so far. i don't know how you did this or if this is just a lot of luck but i'm really happy with that.
- this recommends maps i usually wouldn't play because i don't like the song itself thaat much. but as i said, the mapping is really good. so first of all i get to know something outside the box and secondly the mappers get some more people to know their maps.
- the difficulty selection is close to perfection in my opinion. it just recommended me a 5 star map. i usually play something around 3,5 or maybe 4. but 5 usually just kills me within seconds. but this was really doable. so i feel like this bot is superior to the star-system that's made by the official osu! and i feel like that's a really solid acomplishment.
- i like the different commands even though i didn't look all the possibilities up yet and didn't try anything but !recommend myself yet. but that's definitely to come.

so thanks a lot @tillerino. :P
and thanks to the guy who put him to the list of noteworthy osu! users so that i could find this.
Lapoozza

mulraf wrote:

wow. my deepest appreciations for this.
this is one of the best things i found in a while now!

- it finally made me feel rewarded again. since the introduction of the pp system, which i think is good as it rewards you for being good and not for being addicted, even though that made me worse, i always felt really bad when i do good at maps but still just see some - in ranking. it's nice to see that if you try hard you get better in your ranking.
- i feel like this bot recommends GOOD beatmaps. in terms of mapping. i only tried it on two maps so far (i try to get the best i can on the recommendations). but i just love them. they could be some of my favorites and i played like 5.000 different beatmaps so far. i don't know how you did this or if this is just a lot of luck but i'm really happy with that.
- this recommends maps i usually wouldn't play because i don't like the song itself thaat much. but as i said, the mapping is really good. so first of all i get to know something outside the box and secondly the mappers get some more people to know their maps.
- the difficulty selection is close to perfection in my opinion. it just recommended me a 5 star map. i usually play something around 3,5 or maybe 4. but 5 usually just kills me within seconds. but this was really doable. so i feel like this bot is superior to the star-system that's made by the official osu! and i feel like that's a really solid acomplishment.
- i like the different commands even though i didn't look all the possibilities up yet and didn't try anything but !recommend myself yet. but that's definitely to come.

so thanks a lot @tillerino. :P
and thanks to the guy who put him to the list of noteworthy osu! users so that i could find this.
I don't think you should be necro posting. Don't bump old threads. You can PM your words of appreciation to the creator directly.
Mahogany
I think it's perfectly fine considering how long this thread has been up, and how frequently people link to this thread.
Te Amo
Uhm yea theres a problem, Tillerino wont mutual me back.
-Makishima S-
He is not supposed to do this.
Topic Starter
Tillerino

KevEz wrote:

Uhm yea theres a problem, Tillerino wont mutual me back.
Oh looks like a bug. Can be fixed, no probl... Wait a minute. Oh you sly dog, you almost had me there.
vsprite
Does tillerino have any secret commands?
Topic Starter
Tillerino

vsprite wrote:

Does tillerino have any secret commands?
I cannot confirm or deny that.
-Makishima S-
Yo dog,

Tillerino, you good boy but why it happens to get a AR10 4,8* / AR10.3 5* recommendation while i have like 3 DT scores (AR7+dt) and rest of it is nomod?
Anyway, keep up feeding people with pepe.
Add some cool commands so it will be not that boring to interact with you :3.
DeletedUser_6614359
mikku1
Tsundere bot is just Yandere... :roll:
http://imgur.com/rn8sxxe
I wish I changed this back to English before this happened, because bot's gonna kill me now. :?
But anyways, I !recommend this bot to anyone!
The only thing that's bad about it to me is it doesn't know that My Accuracy Sucks
Aesis
I know that I'm bumping and all, but I wanted to point something out for the people that are having trouble using it.
The stupid perfectionist that I am, I need to have either good accuracy or decent accuracy with high pp gain. And on the song that I wanted to see how much pp I would get from 98% (my non-submitted result). And what I did was simply to find a few beatmaps that had high difficulty but still yielded results from the bot and used the results to get ratios and this is what I got for ~200-400pp songs:
99%=0.88*100%
98%=0.8*100%
95%=0.75*100%
So if you can get the 100% pp gain for the song you need (that the bot can't find) and use these factors or use other approximates for different pp songs
EDIT: I noticed that it refuses to show /np for the same set of beatmaps (ex: it won't show pp for hard and insane difficulties on the same set)
Pituophis
The bot thinks I can stream.
Hinpoppo

Pituophis wrote:

The bot thinks I can stream.

heheheh
xLegendx
Thank you for that! :D
Chaosum
for How low will the bot be down?
skrungly
thanks for the mutual <3
SophieSticated
For some reason after playing a map with good accuracy i dont get all the pp :/ is it a glitch or i dont know (i am new to the bot) please help :(
Mahogany
Tillerino tells you how much a score is worth, not how much you will earn from a score

Try reading: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
SophieSticated

Mahogany wrote:

Tillerino tells you how much a score is worth, not how much you will earn from a score

Try reading: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
But what if i achieve the score?
Mahogany
Say you have 1000pp. Your top score is 150pp, and you make a score worth 100pp. You already have a full list of top scores.

You will not gain 100pp. Your total PP will not go from 1000 to 1100. Instead, your score gets "weighted" based on your other scores, and you get a percentage of it's total PP added to your pp.

Your scores might be WORTH 45pp, but because you have better scores, it gets "weighted" and 77% of that 45pp, which is 35pp, gets added to your actual PP count.

Also, since every score worth less than that 45pp gets shoved down due to having a higher score, you don't even earn 35pp. You earn less than that.

Basically you'll never earn what tillerino tells you, you have to compare it to the worth of your top plays to estimate whether you'll be able to earn any PP from it.
Endie-

Mahogany wrote:

Say you have 1000pp. Your top score is 150pp, and you make a score worth 100pp. You already have a full list of top scores.

You will not gain 100pp. Your total PP will not go from 1000 to 1100. Instead, your score gets "weighted" based on your other scores, and you get a percentage of it's total PP added to your pp.

Your scores might be WORTH 45pp, but because you have better scores, it gets "weighted" and 77% of that 45pp, which is 35pp, gets added to your actual PP count.

Also, since every score worth less than that 45pp gets shoved down due to having a higher score, you don't even earn 35pp. You earn less than that.

Basically you'll never earn what tillerino tells you, you have to compare it to the worth of your top plays to estimate whether you'll be able to earn any PP from it.
or just beat some of your top scores.
Mahogany
well duh, but you still won't be earning the full amount because weightage, unless you have literally 0 pp
mizuki-chan
This bot is doing what it should do... so thumbs up on this! :)
Amidakuji
Any chance of adding a bpm range/filter for recommended maps?
Maskaredo
Where is the download link if I may ask?

Can't seem to find it
Hiro-Senpai

Maskaredo wrote:

Where is the download link if I may ask?

Can't seem to find it
You don't have to download anything
Find a user named Tillerino in the game and start conversation by messaging !r (stands for request a song) and each time you write this the bot will recommend a map to you based on your top plays. And you will get info about pp aswell
nachokawaidesuu

Tillerino wrote:

Not quite a month ago, I started running a bot on my account that recommends beatmaps based on your top10 plays. It is queried simply via the ingame chat like so:

I wrote about it on /r/osugame and received a lot of positive feedback. There was a bit of drama in the beginning, but the bot has been running smoothly for over two weeks now. We're up to 125,000 given recommendations at this point. A lot of players are reporting incredible gains in pp, but the recommendations can also be just fun maps to play if you don't feel like grinding.

The current recommendations are the result of a second-generation algorithm. The first-generation algorithm is still available via the command !recommend relax.

Please try the bot, use it as much as you like, and tell your friends. From what I've seen, news travel [img]very[/img] slowly in the osu! world.

Here's some places to get more information:

List of commands
FAQ - I'll be adding more as they come
Twitter for status and updates
original post on /r/osugame
nachokawaidesuu
me puedes recomendar una canción por favor
Helyana
[self-deleted]
kurodahatsuharu
This bot is pure cancer. I don't know what kind of magic is it but i just use for 3 days and it already help me to earn PP more than 3 weeks. Don't use it !!
7ambda

SkullFull wrote:

1. SPEAK ENGLISH DAMN
¿Por qué?
Rilene

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

This bot is pure cancer. I don't know what kind of magic is it but i just use for 3 days and it already help me to earn PP more than 3 weeks. Don't use it !!
What?
show more